Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (24905 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2009
arabic will be back on those notes, who wants to bet? that is the only reason those morons are RE PRINTING the same currency they printed last year, all other excuse is just talk. watch out.!!!!! wasting money on nothing, foolish people.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Seun(m): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
I don't care about the arabic.  I don't think anyone does.

Main discussion here: CBN To Issue New Polymer Notes: ₦5, ₦10, & ₦50
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by 9ijaprince(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2009
But Seun i think this guy has a point. I wount be suprised if the new polymer notes come with arabic writtings. Just a waste of resources.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Seun(m): 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2009
It's nothing compared to the amount that was used to bailout the banks just a few weeks ago, and it's a cost-saving measure, so I don't see how it's a waste of resources. To really save money they should allow the notes currently in circulation to circulate until they wear off.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by 9ijaprince(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2009
@Seun: i dont really understand your position. Seems you dont see anything bad in wasteful spending.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Seun(m): 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
How can an innovation that reduces the cost of printing currency by 50% be deemed "wasteful"?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2009
we'll see when the notes come out.

Not that I care much anyway.

However, other African countries including Niger are trying to revive their indigenous languages but I wouldnt be surprised if Nigerians in their typical fanatical fashion want to carry religion on their head.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by 9ijaprince(m): 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2009
Well let wait and see. Personally i dont like the polymer note. From my personal observation It seems to wear off more quickly than ordinary notes.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by ikeyman00(m): 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2009
@@@@@

i think new naira with arabic on it is a first generation joke

what happen to local lingo

are we arabic??
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2009
arabians wana bee, take a trip to the north you will find them there. seun have you seen a torn polymer note? there is no rescue, celo tape no go work, okada man won,t collect. it is cheaper to make? hmmm! i don,t know about that, the recent ones in circulation, have they been maximally used? before printing a new set. my friends we all know the reason why, so let,s remove our head from the various sand it,s in. these people have no agenda even for them selves.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by adigun101: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2009
Seun:

How can an innovation that reduces the cost of printing currency by 50% be deemed "wasteful"?
Can't the polymer innovation be done without adding controversial inscriptions ?
You will only end up spoiling good intentions with controversy.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by SamMilla1(m): 10:30pm On Sep 18, 2009
Its called each Government on its own.
Thats what is going on in Nigeria.
Another CBN governor will show up one day with his own ideas on how to make The financial sector better.
All in all, Nigerian Is doomed.

And the only possible remedy is for each Major tribe to rule themselves.

Atleast each, especilly the IGBOS can easily hold embezzlers responsible for their actions
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by kingzli(m): 1:11am On Sep 19, 2009
It would be really funny and foolish on the part of the central bank if those arabic inscriptions reappeared on the new note, That would divert attention from the real issue which is the durability of the naira. Reprinting the naira with the arabic inscriptions would raise questions about the central bank governor's motive and give the feeling that any central bank governor can play around with the naira however he chooses.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by naijatoday: 1:14am On Sep 19, 2009
Sam Milla:

Its called each Government on its own.
Thats what is going on in Nigeria.
Another CBN governor will show up one day with his own ideas on how to make The financial sector better.
All in all, Nigerian Is doomed.

And the only possible remedy is for each Major tribe to rule themselves.

Atleast each, especilly the IGBOS can easily hold embezzlers responsible for their actions

The new notes in polymers were approved in October 2008 under Soludo, Sanusi is just implementing it.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 1:22am On Sep 19, 2009
I sincerely hope there won't be a return of Arabic.

Arabic never was and never will be one of Nigeria's official languages. Neither is there any indegenous Arab ethnic group in Nigeria.

Above all, we are a secular country.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by udezue(m): 1:48am On Sep 19, 2009
Arabic my foot.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by yeswecan(m): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2009
I hope this doesn't happen
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by 9ijaprince(m): 10:16am On Sep 19, 2009
Well lets keep our fingers crossed.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nex(m): 10:43am On Sep 19, 2009
Someone made a simple assumption and everybody is crying Lion already.

I care less if there's Arabic or French on our currency, but if you call it a waste, then remember that Soludo is the champion of reprinting currency and he was the one who initiated this last reprinting just before he left office.

So what really is the problem again? I'd even prefer there be no language on the Naira notes after all, everybody may not understand English or Arabic, but everyone know mathematics and can understand the Arabic Numerals written on the notes.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by igboboy1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2009
If arabic is to be inscribed, i dont get it, Is it that we are arabs, or we all speak and understand arabic?

I would have prefered an indigeneous Nigerian language or to keep tension down, ENGLISH, But oh well, Nigeria is run by Arab-wannabe mafias so its their way abi no be so?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by illusion2: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2009
For those saying they don't care if arabic is put on their NATIONAL currency,with all due respect ,I thnk you should probably have your head re-examined.

A situation where decisions continue to be taken on your behalf without due regard to citizens sensibilities,is not only confrontational but myopic. As someone posted,if it is done now,it will surely be reversed again.

Does the Saudi currency Im holding a copy right now have Hausa,Igbo or Yoruba inscribed on it?  undecided  Arabic is the language of almost 300 million people around the world,a significant % of whom are not muslims.

Our 'leaders' have completely lost their way & sense of reasoning in this country,whats next. . .  .quotes from the quoran in the constitution? The reason adduced initially was that ,when the notes were created after independence,a large percentage of the Northern population couldn't read & write but could read arabic. . . is that the same situation over 40 years on?

Im sure Sanusi will not fall for this ,if he does. . . the reaction will overwhelm him. Lets stop imposing our opinion & beliefs on others,practise your religion personally.

And as has been extensively analysed,if indeed politicians were good adherents of their faith,we wouldn't be where we are today.

A word as they say in enough for the wise. . . .  sad
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2009
Seun:

I don't care about the arabic. I don't think anyone does.

Main discussion here: CBN To Issue New Polymer Notes: ₦5, ₦10, & ₦50

Your comments in recent times have started worrying me.
Yes this is a cost saving measure but WHO THE HELL TOLD YOU NO ONE CARES IF THERE IS ARABIC ON THE NOTES?
I care a whole lot. We do not speak ARABIC in Nigeria. ARABIC has no business in Nigeria. Even Hausas that are mostly muslims have their own language. They dont speak arabic so why the unnecessary imposition. Nigeria is not a Muslim/Arabic country.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by becomrich15: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2009
Everybody in nigeria knows that is what sanusi is upto. When did we as Nigerian agree to arabic . We never did. It is wrong.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by bawomolo(m): 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2009
It's not that big of a deal.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by sheriffman(m): 8:18pm On Sep 19, 2009
When the issue of the new currency got to my hearing I was also skeptical about it's intentions especially when one thinks back by some questioning the removal of the Arabic printing?But having read through all the features of the new/yet to be released notes there's no where where it states that such printing will be back.

Now for some of you that don't seem concerned whats printed on your currency?I think we should be, because whatever we have on any of our National Image(s) also speaks about us,and we should also ask ourselves when/if Arabic is an official language anywhere in the country.

Please lets not always rush to cast doubts on our policy makers,sometimes we should allow them some leverage.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by saworoide: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2009
The poster must be a mind reader to say categorically that 'arabic is the reason'. Suspicion can only beget suspicion. Must we now x-ray all these man's actions with religious and ethnic binoculars?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by koolchicco: 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2009
bawomolo:

Says who??
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by oge4real(f): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2009
Hope this is not true.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by PAININASS: 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2009
There is about 220 tribes in nigeria so i don't see how ONE TRIBE will dominate, so this is not possible and beside NAIRA has no value may then put anything they like
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2009
bawomolo:

Sanusi should not even dare!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by init4dmoni(m): 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2009
they are trying to make this country look like an islamic one, FUUUCK
imma leave in jan anyway
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by luc26(f): 11:01pm On Sep 19, 2009
sanusi shud nt play wit fire else he and his arab cabinet members ll all get seriously burnt grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa / Earn N10,000 Daily With This POS At N15,500/device. Instant Transactions. / Complaints Mount As Enaira App Tops 100,000 Downloads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.