Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth (41222 Views)

President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service / The Jonathan Years; Separating Facts From Fiction. / Zenith Bank Officials Kneeling Down To Beg Gov Fayose; Lies From The Pit Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by AbuMaryam1(m): 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
Bros see what PDP and Jonathan brought to Nigeria in the name of speed train.

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by DropShot: 7:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
BrokenTV:

So GEJ now did 70%, because your hypocrisy has now been exposed, God is watching you people, continue.
Did you read the OP? Read it again but very slowly this time.

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by bopm: 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
superstar1:
Another lie from the pit of hell.

Who started the Rail Reform in this country?

Who paid the mobilisation fees for rail projects to the contracted company?

Jokers.

The bottom line remains PMB commissioned that project and his name will forever be on the commissioning plaque.

and his name being on the plaque makes it an achievement to u from him. Wat a zombaic shame

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
sarrki:
We Don ear
I bet it's not the kind of news you want to hear about GEJ, that's why it tastes like lemon to you.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Chukzyfcb(m): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
Wetin me I know be say. Had it been that rail project ran from enugu to port harcourt. Even if GEJ had achieved 80% completion, PMB wouldn't have completed it atleast not this soon. You can quote me anywhere. That project was pursued aggressively because it lies within the Northern territory. It'll serve as one of the agenda his campaign team will use to maintain the northern votes for his 2nd tenure

4 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Cmeo(m): 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
What is this epistle about? What is government if there is no continuity? kini big deal gan?

Creating this kind of hulla-ballo on infrastructures created by tax payers money won't make governance progress but create a lot of abandoned project.

Nigerian kids/youth wake us please!
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by BrokenTV: 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
DropShot:

Did you read the OP? Read it again but very slowly this time.
Am not talking about the Op, am talking about you, Did i tell you before that i did not read it.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
hakimmiyya:
We thank Pmb for been magnanimous enough to continue with the project. He could have abandoned the project .Just the way the prodigal son of the south east Gej abandoned the federal government counterparts funding of the Lagos speed rail, in order to stall the effort of Lagos state government. Accomplishing the record of buildings the first speed rail that could have been of immense benefits to Nigeria and her neighboring countries.Therefore,i give kudos to president Muhammadu buhari for his love for the country for not choosing to stall the project like the prodigal son of the south east Gej.
your tribalism is screaming;keep on hailing.Is Buhari not supposed to continue the project?.In this country everything is politics;how can you be comparing yesterday and today instead of working for a better tomorrow?.Fellow country man,pls go get some knowledge-there is a difference between South South and South East and for you not to be aware of that;it means you are not qualified to comment on issues like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Abagworo(m): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
70% is not 100% which means under Buhari the remaining 30% was achieved. Good for Nigeria that despite laxity of funds the Abuja-Kaduna rail was hastily completed but what about maybe Port Harcourt to Enugu or Lagos to Ibadan to balance the equation?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by jamesibor: 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
hakimmiyya:
We thank Pmb for been magnanimous enough to continue with the project. He could have abandoned the project .Just the way the prodigal son of the south east Gej abandoned the federal government counterparts funding of the Lagos speed rail, in order to stall the effort of Lagos state government. Accomplishing the record of buildings the first speed rail that could have been of immense benefits to Nigeria and her neighboring countries.Therefore,i give kudos to president Muhammadu buhari for his love for the country for not choosing to stall the project like the prodigal son of the south east Gej.

You thank him for continuing with an already completed project?

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by kikake: 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
superstar1:

Jokers.

The bottom line remains PMB commissioned that project and his name will forever be on the commissioning plaque.

How one wished PMB is a good man and did not cancel Lagos Metro.

Now GEJ build the first ever Standard Gauge Railway lines of Nigeria in the north where sharia environment has chased away most of the southern population that used to live in the north back to the south.

Train rides in the developed world are expensive because it's expensive to maintain railway systems.

How do they sustain the nortern standard gauge railway line? Through continued subsidy with oil money? Because Abookis would like to ride free on the trains or ride on subsidized low fares.
Subsidizing the Kaduna line, Nigeria may now find it difficult to build more of such lines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Abagworo(m): 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
Wetin me I know be say. Had it been that rail project ran from enugu to port harcourt. Even if GEJ had achieved 80% completion, PMB wouldn't have completed it atleast not this soon. You can quote me anywhere. That project was pursued aggressively because it lies within the Northern territory. It'll serve as one of the agenda his campaign team will use to maintain the northern votes for his 2nd tenure

That should be the point and not who started or completed it. In Nigeria politics can make successive Governments abandon advanced projects just to spite the predecessors.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
hakimmiyya:
ur mumuness is 1 in a milon

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by NaijaEfcc: 7:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
Zombies over to una

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by DropShot: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
BrokenTV:

Am not talking about the Op, am talking about you, Did i tell you before that i did not read it.
Then it's correct to say you lack comprehension ability.

For clarity sake, my statement was "even if I swallow this hook, line and sinker ..." Pay attention to "IF"

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by iambic(m): 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
[b][/b]Pls were is the. Station in abuja
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Mylove55(f): 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
titiakins:
Kudos GEJ
You'll be remembered forever!
d same way u ipod wailers wil stil remember ineffectual buffoon forever by d time pmb start and complete d 2nd niger-bridge. God bless pmb for always doing d right thing at d right time
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by jamace(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
Yes, the Abuja-Kaduna rail project is one of the great legacies of GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by kikake: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
hakimmiyya:

Jonathan built the ultra modern standard gauge railway lines between Kaduna and Abuja.

Yoruba hate for SS and Ibo may not allow you peeps to understand why Yoruba still jump Lagos Molues up till now, instead of riding on Jakande's Lagos Metro.

Your Messiah Buhari cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metro and even paid contract default fines nearly the full cost of the Metro project.

No be say they told me. I can still figure where the Metro line structures in Yaba and other parts of Lagos then. The project was advancing fast before Buhari cancelled it immediately after his coup.

When ethnic bigot Buhari cancelled Lagos Metro project, late Dele Giwa cried out on the front page of his Newswatch Magazine: "Jakande's Metro Derailed, Fierce Arguments Killed It."

Till yesterday, Jakande still tells anyone who cared to listen that his greatest regret about Nigeria or its politics is Buhari's cancellation of his Lagos Metro project.

Your bigotry against the SS and SE can't allow you see who ya real foes are.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by erico2k2(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
Mylove55:
d same way u ipod wailers wil stil remember ineffectual buffoon forever by d time pmb start and complete d 2nd niger-bridge. God bless pmb for always doing d right thing at d right time
what are you saying, ? the 2nd Niger bridge already started by GEJ, so we are looking unto PMB to do the needful to carry on from where GEJ stopped. chey govt nah continuation ni

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by tiwiex(m): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
hakimmiyya:

Agreed. But it also means some projects are capital intensive and require huge financial and infrastructure effort + planning. What laudable project has PMB planned for over d years? Ok, let's say we argue that he is continuing on existing projects. Then they should keep quiet on the failure of PDP over d last 16 years especially GEJ over the last few and continue working. They actually look like a mismatch launching the railway projects. Even when the airport is done, we have to give credit to GEJ d visionary. Under a PMB, we probably won't be doing any capital projects. Then they would have been blaming something or someone else and we won't be d wiser. They like the projects but hate the huge financial involvement. I must say, it has been a very dull and lack lustre one year plus of PMB.

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Emyogalanya: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
And patriotic buhari could not complete a certain 2nd Niger bridge that get plan to finish by 2015 instead he had i cancelled why cancelling this one too and start all over. United nations pls take note
hakimmiyya:

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Henrichemeka(m): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Apc and lies. Always want to take credit for every good work, but will denial and reject all the bad ones, why? There is God ooooo.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Mylove55(f): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
ComradeNwike:
your tribalism is screaming;keep on hailing.Is Buhari not supposed to continue the project?.In this country everything is politics;how can you be comparing yesterday and today instead of working for a better tomorrow?.-there is a difference between South South and South East and for you not to be aware of that;.
help me ask d op if govt is not a continuos project? again, u ipod alway claim gej is also an ipod
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by kolexy(m): 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
obailala:

Kudos to GEJ for building the Kaduna-Abuja rail. Glory must be given to the regime that financed the bulk of the project. But you would be living in unnecessary self denial if you claim OBJ's regime did not initiate the Nigerian Rail Modernisation Projects. At least I remember the original contracts with CCECC were signed as far back as 2006, even though we all know the job was cancelled for review after Yaradua took over.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/93550-govt_approves_lagos_ibadan_rail.html
http://www.railway-technology.com/projects/abuja-kaduna-rail-line/

Don't mind the guy. He even claimed Ghali Umar Naaba stoped 3rd term agenda, when the guy left House of Reps in 2003
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by amtaken(f): 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
Their hatred for GEJ covers their eyes.

GEJ was God-sent to us and will forever be a blessing unto mankind.

IforeverstandwithGEJ.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by DobleO7: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2016
aljazira:
Commendable. I salute GEJ for this project.
However, what I hate in all this drama is the unnecessary drama associated with it.somebody initiated/completed the Lagos-Kano rail project. Built Abuja city,built our stadiums,federal roads,universities,even state house Abuja.etc..... so what is so special about the Abuja-Kaduna rail line? Government come and go but institutions /system still remains. God bless Nigeria.

My brother, APC folks said GEJ did not achieve anything in office. Some said PDP destroyed Nigeria for 16 years as if Nigeria got independence in 1999 when PDP came to power. It is either they don't have any sense of history or they simply being mischievous because APC as government is riding on the foundations that has been laid by PDP.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by ndcide(m): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
YouthsPC0:

As General Mohammadu Buhari commissions the Abuja - Kaduna high speed rail project it has become imperative set the records straight not just for history and for humanity sake but most importantly to prevent the attempt by drunk and misguided paid lairs to steal from a man with vision and give the stolen property to a clueless man without direction.

Many have claimed that the Abuja -Kaduna high speed was Initially conceived by Obasanjo the claim is false .
The truth is that under Obasanjo, a consortium submitted a for a RAIL (std guage) project which included the Kaduna- Abuja rail line unfortunately despite initial high interest shown by Obasanjo, the Owu chief dumped the project in pursuit of his third term agenda which unfortunately hit the rocks thanks to Atiku ,Ken Nnamani and Ghali Umar Na'Abba.

When the same idea was submitted to Yardua/Jonathan they accepted it, Although Yardua later died Jonathan pursued it with vigor and commenced its construction and pursued it to conclusion.

Simon Kolawole former editor of Thisday and now publisher of Cable expressly confirms the fact that President Jonathan was the initiator of the project.

Source :
https://www.thecable.ng/kpmg-nigerias-high-speed-rail-world-class

Even Buhari state House website still has the records .

http://www.statehouse.gov.ng/index.php/government/78-featured/108-railway

Obasanjo had nothing to do with it!, people confuse the Abuja light rail project(intra city)whose ground breaking was performed by Obasanjo with the Abuja-Kaduna rail project .

It is imperative to note that apart of the grass clearing (tagged official ground breaking in 2007) for the intracity project Obasanjo never did anything to actualise the dream. the intracity project was originally linked to the Abuja's bid to host the Commonwealth Games in 2014 which never happened!

See source

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abuja_Light_Rail

GEJ also ensured that the Abuja-Kaduna high speed rail project did not suffer like most government projects, hence when budget provisions could not meet up with counterpart funding levels SURE-P a creation of Jonathan from subsidy Savings came to the rescue

Tinubus Nation newspaper corroborates this :

http://thenationonlineng.net/sure-p-sure-of-abuja-kaduna-railway-date/

Despites starting the project from scratch ,In just 3 years(2014) Jonathan had achieved 70% completion

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312091891.html

The only project that received more attention under Jonathan apart from the Federal University/ Almajiri school project & Rice Farming was this high speed rail. project.

http://nigeriannewspapers.disnaija.com/sun/fg-commissions-n136-392b-abuja-kaduna-railway/

Unfortunately APC chieftains who are shamelessly taking selfies with the project were the ones who claimed the coaches were locomotives.

1. Amaechi Buharis Campaign Director General and current minister of transport:

Hear Amaechi in His own words:

“In fact, I think we have a problem; most people don’t believe that the railway transport is functioning in Nigeria. I didn’t even know, until I started this tour, I never knew that the railway was functioning, it was even from his (MD’s) speech that I learnt that there are some coaches or services that go to Kano or Port Harcourt or elsewhere.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/16/i-never-knew-railway-transport-still-existed-in-nigeria-amaechi/

Tolu Ogunlesi : Buharis aide on new media

Stated that the Abuja - Kaduna rail project did not exist , he even went as far as posting pictures of a open field where he claimed a taxi driver took him to to buttress his lies!
Today the young man is tweeting pictures all over the place showing Buhari commissioning a project he earlier claimed did not exist !

His handle : www.twitter.com/toluogunlesi

APC as a party claimed the transformation of the rail sector only existed in the imagination of the former president today they are taking selfies inside another mans idea

Source:

APC Campaign Faults Jonathan’s Achievement On Railway, Says ‘Transformation’ Claim Fraudulent, Product Of Over-Active Imagination

http://www.informationng.com/2015/02/apc-campaign-faults-jonathans-achievement-on-railway-says-transformation-claim-fraudulent-product-of-over-active-imagination.html

Winners:

1. Nigerians : we now have a world class rail system we can all be proud of

2. Former President Jonathan : his vision of a world class rail transport is gradually being fulfilled, and for finally giving general Buhari one thing to commission in his second year In Office

3. General Buhari : for not allowing the Demon's that made him cancel the Lagos Metro rail project in 1983 prevail this time

They said PDP destroyed Nigeria I agree with them because this rail project is part of the "destruction".

Supervising painting takes effort so if Amaechi decides to take glory for that no problems even the devil can't take that away from the Buhari administration but that was all they did supervised the paintings.
but instead of taking glory for their Sidon watch painting expedition they used the occasion to insult the Man that conceived and built the structure what a world ?

We hope that there will be something done and something to complete when. General Buhari complete his 4 year tenure as President.

May God continue to Bless Nigeria!!!!

God bless you. It's easy to dismiss your point only if the person has lost his or her soul.

Jimi Disu said this on radio this morning and some persons were quick to peddle falsehood. I came to nairaland and same thing. These are things that brings bad blood.

Again, God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by leofab(f): 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2016
superstar1:

Jokers.

same way he commissioned refineries; I hope his predecessors will have something to commission too after his *demise*!!!!
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by blaise26abj(m): 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
Op: I worked on that project and handled most of the sensitive documents. Trust me. You are wrong. Obasanjo initiated the project and mobilized ccecc for Kano to Lagos. Yardua wanted to scrap it but when he saw what it would cost Nigeria to demobilize CCECC, he broke it down into phases and the addendum for abuja-kaduna section was birthed. Unfortunately yardua died and GEJ took over and Buhari finished it. It is worthy to state that it was mostly funded by GEJ through FMOT then later through sure-p. It was supposed to have been finished in 2014 because GEJ/ Sambo really wanted to use it to campaign but it was impossible to rush it at that stage.

PS. I'm looking at the documents right now. It's just that I don't know if I can share it on the social media

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Mylove55(f): 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
erico2k2:

what are you saying, ? the 2nd Niger bridge already started by GEJ, so we are looking unto PMB to do the needful to carry on from where GEJ stopped. chey govt nah continuation ni
is that how to start something? no wonder u ipod claim gej started this kaduna speed rail, that is why i am bringing this 2nd niger-bridge to una notice, not to also claim gej started and completed it to 70%
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Kenai: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
Goke7:
Let's stop all these madness please, did GEJ not commission projects that were conceived or done by his predecessors? So what's the fuss about

The 'fuss' about it is that the same monkeys and repulsive savages who were badmouthing the project during GEJ's time (calling the trains rotten locomotives and deathtraps) are the SAME iddiots coming today to praise Buhari for commissioning it.
Overnight, the trains have ceased being 'locomotives' and have become 'high-speed trains' simply because their god and saviour Buhari is commissioning it.
Boy, do you think we are fools? Do you take the public for gullible puppets?

Who can forget the other day when a rabid Buharist by the name 'LRNZH' created a thread comparing GEJ's trains with the other trains Johannesburg, London and New York, as a way of mocking 'Retardeeen Locomotive'? This is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2064509/photos-comparison-gej-new-trains

Who can forget the week after Buhari was sworn in, when he posed for a photo with some Chinese guy, holding a hi-speed train toy? Remember how his zombies congregated on that thread to denigrate GEJ's "locomotives"? This is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2273789/photo-gmb-inspecting-train-new

You can't trash-talk something only to come back and want to claim glory for that same thing. It only shows you lack honor and are nothing more than a fool.

By the way, whenever you see Buhari, please tell him we're waiting for the day he'll bring this train of his to Nigeria and stop trying to take credit for another man's work, especially something he and his wretched, penniless zombies badmouthed in the past:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2340842_img20150423204000_jpeg54d46d8bee44c08ce83e1df6c7bfa2eb

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Bello Matawalle To Join APC / 10 Things Yar’adua Will Be Remembered For / EFCC Arrests Femi Fani-Kayode For Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.