Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge (1726 Views)

Buhari Renominates 82-Year-Old Sylvanus Nsofor As Ambassadorial Nominee / Senate Rejects Sylvanus Nsofor And Jacob Daodu As Ambassadorial Nominees / Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Adelowo2097(m): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
Drama as Ambassadorial nominees fail to recite National Anthem, Pledge
ON July 26, 2016 7:25 PM / IN
News / Comments
By Henry Umoru & Joseph Erunke
ABUJA - THE Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs has begun the screening of Ambassadorial Nominees forwarded to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari.
There was however drama as two of the nominees who appeared the Senator Monsurat Sunmonu led Committee on Foreign Affairs failed to recite properly stanzas of the National Anthem and the pledge.
One of the Ambassadorial nominees, Vivian Okeke from Anambra State faulted when she was asked to sing the National Assembly.
During her screening, Mrs Okeke was asked by Monsurat Summonu, the chairman of the committee to sing the National Assembly.
Mrs Okeke during the recital mumbled the last stanza of the National Anthem but was aided by a member of the Committee, Senator James Manager.
The last stanza reads," to serve with heart and might, one nation bound in freedom, peace and unity", just as she removed heart and might and ended with freedom, peace and unity.
She was the first nominee to be screened out of the 47 ambassadorial nominees.
However, the nominee said that the three major changes that should be made must be in the area of fighting corruption, insurgency and diversification of the economy.
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by DropShot: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
A valid reason to reject them.

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by goldeno10boy: 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
ok na
cool
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by religionisbad(m): 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Well erhm, no big deal just that they should have learnt and recited it well before showing for the screening. The fact is One tend to forget things like national anthem as one grows,.Reason? more important matters occupy the mind

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by herzern(m): 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
Source cheesy
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Nkemtreasure: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
religionisbad:
Well erhm, no big deal just that they should have learnt and recited it well before showing for the screening. The fact is One tend to forget things like national anthem as one grows,.Reason? more important matters occupy the mind

National Anthem
And you want to represent a country that you don't know her National Anthem
This is just ridiculous....

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Tenkobos(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
Sad.
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Yourskills(m): 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
me...how was your mum ambassadorial screening junior?
junior......mum failed to recite national anthem....
lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Do you need 10,000+ active Emails, 100,000+ active numbers (Glo, Mtn, etisalat,
airtel, Bulk mail, Bulk sms, 1million+ facebook page, 5million youtube views,
1,000 Ebook Sales Daily , 10.000+ blog traffic daily, Forum like nairaland,
E-Commerce like Jumia, Branded Mobile Apps...etc contact me.....check my signature...
......................Stop struggling for traffic.......

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by seedgreen(m): 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Are you kidding me.....is this or real?
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by K9blunt(f): 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
religionisbad:

My dear I disagree with that your point,

I personally have lots of things in my mind (if you open my head you look at me in awe grin) but I can recite the national anthem even in my sleep.

So that is no excuse, thanks to media, we can now deduce that majority even all these politicians are not in power for the common man.

This is more than enough to disqualify these people , how can they represent us, even defend this country they are standing for supposedly!

Thunder fire them yansh! angry
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Sunnymatey(m): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
OP where they asked to recite the national assembly or national anthem? which way o?

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by jamace(m): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
Patriotism is not in the dictionary of those nominees. All they are after is the menu menu menu in that appointment. So sad. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Richy4(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
Since she omitted "heart" maybe she doesn't feel like serving with her heart....

She wants to do it with her might only...

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by OgaSirAde(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
Sincerely its possible she knows it but forgot it at that dat point, maybe tension tinz grin
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by phemmyutd(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
I am here to check name:
Mrs Okeke from Anambra state.
#ProudlyNCAN
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by michelz: 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
I thought the OP said two nominees faulted? How about the second person? Why name the one and leave out the other,or is there something I'm missing here?
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by CACAWA(m): 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
K9blunt:

I personally have lots of things in my mind (if you open my head you look at me in awe grin) but I can recite the national anthem even in my sleep.

So that is no excuse, thanks to media, we can now deduce that majority even all these politicians are not in power for the common man.

This is more than enough to disqualify these people , how can they represent us, even defend this country they are standing for supposedly!

how old are you yet?

And how busy are you compared to people who have huge responsibilities, children, work and liabilities.

And what achievements have you made in life to compete with these people in terms of mind-occupation?

What papers and books have you published?

What seminars have you delivered in?

Can you mum and dad recite the anthem 100% ?

Is it everybody that schooled in Nigeria?

Does the law say you must know how to recite the anthem?

Wait a minute,.. Now tell me the name of the composer of the National Anthem and what year it was launched...without checking Google.

Who designed our coat of arms?

You see? When we say people have other things to worry about...it means they have other things to worry about. It's not our fault that you think you are busy when you are actually not.
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by Aaronzy: 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
Rubbish....who dae national anthen help?
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by K9blunt(f): 12:33am On Jul 27, 2016
CACAWA:
how old are you yet?

And how busy are you compared to people who have huge responsibilities, children, work and liabilities.

And what achievements have you made in life to compete with these people in terms of mind-occupation?

What papers and books have you published?

What seminars have you delivered in?

Can you mum and dad recite the anthem 100% ?

Is it everybody that schooled in Nigeria?

Does the law say you must know how to recite the anthem?

Wait a minute,.. Now tell me the name of the composer of the National Anthem and what year it was launched...without checking Google.

Who designed our coat of arms?

You see? When we say people have other things to worry about...it means they have other things to worry about. It's not our fault that you think you are busy when you are actually not.

When you go for an interview, do you or do you not make background check on the job of interest?

And excuse me whether or not you were born and bred in other countries or whatever, you come to your country to take a sensitive position, you have to learn about your COUNTRY!

By the way, if you went to school here in Nigeria right from primary to secondary school, it has been and still is mandatory, every school authority made sure her students/pupils are taught and recite the national anthem. Dont disgrace yourself.

Its clear you support inadequacy in a very sensitive position, in this case you dont mind unserious and lackadaisical mindsets to represent a country with numerous bad images.

Asking me what i do, responsibilities and achievements!
Do you think at all?

I really weep!
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by CACAWA(m): 7:00am On Jul 27, 2016
K9blunt:

When you go for an interview, do you or do you not make background check on the job of interest?

And excuse me whether or not you were born and bred in other countries or whatever, you come to your country to take a sensitive position, you have to learn about your COUNTRY!

By the way, if you went to school here in Nigeria right from primary to secondary school, it has been and still is mandatory, every school authority made sure her students/pupils are taught and recite the national anthem. Dont disgrace yourself.

Its clear you support inadequacy in a very sensitive position, in this case you dont mind unserious and lackadaisical mindsets to represent a country with numerous bad images.

Asking me what i do, responsibilities and achievements!
Do you think at all?

I really weep!
they didn't say she didn't know the anthem, but that she mumbled the last three lines which is very normal when you have been through a lot....wait..what am I even saying.... Even you that know it 100%, if you are asked I front of a panel to recite it, you could easily forget it. It's very normal
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by K9blunt(f): 10:44am On Jul 27, 2016
CACAWA:
they didn't say she didn't know the anthem, but that she mumbled the last three lines which is very normal when you have been through a lot....wait..what am I even saying.... Even you that know it 100%, if you are asked I front of a panel to recite it, you could easily forget it. It's very normal

Well ....alright
Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by NaijaRevolution: 3:54am On Aug 01, 2016
The Career Diplomat Mrs.Vivian Okeke who recently made waves in the media over her National Anthem singing. Recently was endorsed by United States Ambassador Perry for her excellent accomplishment while representing Nigeria as Director Of International Trade Relations working with the United States Government and the Obama Administration.

Read more :- http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/07/31/vivian-okeke-make-great-ambassador-robert-c-perry/

United States Ambassador and former US Secertary on African Affairs stated that

"The first time I worked with Mrs. Okeke was on CCA’s March 2011 Nigeria Investment Power Forum co-hosted with the Embassy of Nigeria. Mrs. Okeke was the Economic, Trade and Investment Minister Counselor at the Nigerian embassy in Washington, DC, under the late Ambassador Adebowale Adefuye. We worked closely as a team to plan the Forum, and Mrs. Okeke followed up relentlessly to ensure the participation of senior Nigerian government officials and business leaders to tell the story of investment opportunities in Nigeria’s power sector. The success of the March 2011 Nigeria Investment Power Forum planted the seed for the February 2012 power sector trade mission led by the Africa Bureau of the U.S. State Department and CCA to five African countries, including Nigeria."

Some of Notable Trade missions she has championed for Foreign Investment in Nigeria are:

Mrs. Okeke also played a vital role in the Nigerian Embassy’s coordination of other events with the Corporate Council on Africa to promote American investment in Nigeria. Her understanding of the multi-cultural dynamics in the U.S. and Nigeria, and her calm, quiet speaking style uniquely enabled her to be a trusted and valued advisor to Ambassador Adefuye as they jointly crafted Nigeria’s story as a premier investment destination to American audiences, and gained the participation of Nigerian Ministers, Governors, Members of the National Assembly, and business leaders on the stage. Key events included:

• April 2012: The Transforming Nigerian Agribusiness through Investment Forum in Washington, D.C. led by H.E. Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development;

• October 2012: Investment Forum on Nigeria’s Infrastructure in Washington, D.C. led by H.E. Mr. Mike Onolememen, Minister of Works; and

• March 2013: CCA’s Infrastructure trade mission to Nigeria hosted by H.E. Mr. Mike Onolememen.

By the time President Obama first announced his Power Africa Initiative in August 2013, Nigeria was the most prepared out of the first six focus countries, with a robust in-country private sector ready to take advantage of incentives.

Re: Drama As Ambassadorial Nominees Fail To Recite National Anthem, Pledge by sevenhundred(m): 7:38am On Aug 01, 2016
K9blunt:

so anybody that memorises the anthem will serve you better? the fact is if you do a survey millions nigerians can not recite the anthem!!!

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Ordered ‘extreme Measures’ On Fani-kayode – Aide / In 2019, It Is Either Buhari Or No Nigeria: Sani / How Far Can You Go To Avoid Paying Bills? See How Far This Person Went. Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.