Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja (7886 Views)

Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC / Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) / Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by henikeryn: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
I have a jaguar x type 2002 model with "gearbox fault" display on the dashboard. Can you help out?
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
henikeryn:
I have a jaguar x type 2002 model with "gearbox fault" display on the dashboard. Can you help out?

Yes... we can fix it. Where is your location?
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2016
Morning
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2016
Call
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:23am On Oct 20, 2016
Kindly help me out on this sir...

I finally got my Nissan altima 2.5, scanned today after using it for 3 months...

I was complaining of hard start back then when I got the car..
Sometimes, the car starts normally for a period of time (a week maybe) without any form of hard start... It starts once...
Sometimes it just begins the hard start again and starts only after 3 or more tries...
However, its been working fine for over a week now but I just decided to get it scanned.
The scan codes are attached below..

Now my issue is which one of these codes could be causing the ocassional hard start?

I Dont want these mechanics to start putting hand where it isn't necessary...

What advise will you give me on repair?
Thanks

Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 6:57am On Oct 20, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
Kindly help me out on this sir...

I finally got my Nissan altima 2.5, scanned today after using it for 3 months...

I was complaining of hard start back then when I got the car..
Sometimes, the car starts normally for a period of time (a week maybe) without any form of hard start... It starts once...
Sometimes it just begins the hard start again and starts only after 3 or more tries...
However, its been working fine for over a week now but I just decided to get it scanned.
The scan codes are attached below..

Now my issue is which one of these codes could be causing the ocassional hard start?

I Dont want these mechanics to start putting hand where it isn't necessary...

What advise will you give me on repair?
Thanks

Your Problem is solved brother. The code P0335 means (Faulty Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor) is the cause of the occasional hard start. Change the Crankshaft Sensor and the P0725 code will clear by itself.

Because a (Faulty Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor) causes a communication error between the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM). The P0725 Codes is triggered when Transmission Control Module (TCM) does not receive the engine speed signal from Engine Control Module (ECM)

Starbeams Auto Yard.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by efizyhenchmen: 5:45am On Nov 21, 2016
Please, do you work on AC too? My EOD 2005, stop cooling a month after refilling.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 3:12am On Nov 27, 2016
efizyhenchmen:
Please, do you work on AC too? My EOD 2005, stop cooling a month after refilling.

No, we dont. Thanks
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by starlionnotch: 10:39am On Nov 28, 2016
coolgent, my 1999 toyota avensis vibrates on the engine and bonnet area when i am on drive (D) in traffic and stationary. it gets worse when i put on my AC, please what is the issue, i have lived with this problem for 6 months, i am tired.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by xcitedjay(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hoping to visit soon.

My engine need some work. It's misfiring and smoking plus an audible sound is coming from inside the engine.

Car is an Honda Accord 2008 V6
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by xcitedjay(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
starlionnotch:
coolgent, my 1999 toyota avensis vibrates on the engine and bonnet area when i am on drive (D) in traffic and stationary. it gets worse when i put on my AC, please what is the issue, i have lived with this problem for 6 months, i am tired.

Check your engine seats.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by iamLeo(m): 6:10am On Dec 01, 2016
Pls what type of scan took can u advice i get for japanese cars, and how much?
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 11:37am On Dec 03, 2016
Your Problem is our concern!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
t
t
[color=#Ee49d8d]*[/color]
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
xcitedjay:
Hoping to visit soon.

My engine need some work. It's misfiring and smoking plus an audible sound is coming from inside the engine.

Car is an Honda Accord 2008 V6

Contact us...we can fix it for you!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 8:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
starlionnotch:

Contact us...we can fix it for you!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by daddytime(m): 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hello bro please i've got an issue with my 2002 chevrolet venture. Was actually on motion and the car went off on its own. Wished i had seen your thread before now. Got a mech to check it out without scanning though because whenever we start it,it stalls on acceleration and gives some funny cranking noise plus water gushing out from the radiator,so we concluded it was the top gasket that was roasted and he settled to get that changed. After that he told me he found out it wasnt the top gasket afterall that it was the crankshaft sensor and the pushing cups which i paid him to fix too. After all the same problem persisted and in the midst of all these i found out he had misplaced my car remote without which the car can't be cranked and also the key itself had been tampered with. This prompted me to get someone to scan the car and the error code returned was immobilizer defect,so an elect told me he'd need to take somethinf from the ignition to generate the key code and then take the key for reprogramming.

With the aforementioned sir can you please give your expert advice.

Thanks
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 5:42am On Dec 06, 2016
daddytime:
Hello bro please i've got an issue with my 2002 chevrolet venture. Was actually on motion and the car went off on its own. Wished i had seen your thread before now. Got a mech to check it out without scanning though because whenever we start it,it stalls on acceleration and gives some funny cranking noise plus water gushing out from the radiator,so we concluded it was the top gasket that was roasted and he settled to get that changed. After that he told me he found out it wasnt the top gasket afterall that it was the crankshaft sensor and the pushing cups which i paid him to fix too. After all the same problem persisted and in the midst of all these i found out he had misplaced my car remote without which the car can't be cranked and also the key itself had been tampered with. This prompted me to get someone to scan the car and the error code returned was immobilizer defect,so an elect told me he'd need to take somethinf from the ignition to generate the key code and then take the key for reprogramming.

With the aforementioned sir can you please give your expert advice.

Thanks

First of all, Chevrolet Venture is a serious problematic van with overheating problems. The electrician is going to remove the transponder to get the key code to get you another key. But when the key is done, which means you will still go back to the initial problem. The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart. Technically, Chevrolet recommend replacing the Chevrolet Venture fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump. Read more about your car from the owner's manual and you will see this information there.

My advice is for you to sell of the van after fixing the key, because the van will keep coming up with other problems and will definitely frustrate you or if you still love the van, do a Toyota Engine conversion for your van and enjoy it. General Motors did a recall on your van based on overheating problems.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by daddytime(m): 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
Starbeams:

First of all, Chevrolet Venture is a serious problematic van with overheating problems. The electrician is going to remove the transponder to get the key code to get you another key. But when the key is done, which means you will still go back to the initial problem. The fuel pump may fail causing the engine to stall and not restart. Technically, Chevrolet recommend replacing the Chevrolet Venture fuel filter every 30,000 miles to help prevent undue strain on the fuel pump. Read more about your car from the owner's manual and you will see this information there.

My advice is for you to sell of the van after fixing the key, because the van will keep coming up with other problems and will definitely frustrate you or if you still love the van, do a Toyota Engine conversion for your van and enjoy it. General Motors did a recall on your van based on overheating problems.

You my bro is truely a car doc i applaud your knowledge as you've just described my car in a few words.
But for the emotional attachment with the car,i would have long disposed of it and aside the overheating problem,the van you'll agree with me is a beauty on wheels plus the lush interior.
As it stands however,i'm left with no other option than to sell off. What toyota engine would you advise a conversion to?gotten the fuel pump checked and okayed which leaves the fuel filter as the likely culprit.

I wished i was in Abuja right now as i actually know your office in Kubwa. Got an EOD there as well giving me some probs.

Thumbs up bro, you are appreciated
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2016
daddytime:

You my bro is truely a car doc i applaud your knowledge as you've just described my car in a few words.
But for the emotional attachment with the car,i would have long disposed of it and aside the overheating problem,the van you'll agree with me is a beauty on wheels plus the lush interior.
As it stands however,i'm left with no other option than to sell off. What toyota engine would you advise a conversion to?gotten the fuel pump checked and okayed which leaves the fuel filter as the likely culprit.

I wished i was in Abuja right now as i actually know your office in Kubwa. Got an EOD there as well giving me some probs.

You are welcome brother! The EOD is just like a child crying for biscuit compared to the Chevrolet Venture that is a demon, looking for whom to devour! You can easily give a child the biscuit and the child will stop crying. Which mean your EOD issues can be handled easily, no matter the problem it has. if you have any other serious problematic vehicles that is disturbing your friends or any body around you, please let me know. I will flog them.
Have a nice day
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by daddytime(m): 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
[quote author=Starbeams post=51745964]
You are welcome brother! The EOD is just like a child crying for biscuit compared to the Chevrolet Venture that is a demon, looking for whom to devour! You can easily give a child the biscuit and the child will stop crying. Which mean your EOD issues can be handled easily, no matter the problem it has. if you have any other serious problematic vehicles that is disturbing your friends or any body around you, please let me know. I will flog them.]quote

Lol so on point bro..will spread the word man !!
Have a nice day
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by daddytime(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
daddytime:

Starbeams:

Hello bro,still on the chevy venture please and i need your expert advise on how to go with resolving the problem with the key. As narrated initially,i left the key plus the remote which serves as the security before the engine can be cranked and he's misplaced it. We've been programing and reprograming the car but without the remote to turn off the blinking light there's no way to get the car to crank. The way the car works is you turn on the ignition then press the remote before the engine can be cranked.

I've tried to explain this to the elect they seem not to understand what i'm on about. Please have you got an idea how to disengage or bypass the security since the remote is missing so the car can be cranked directly with just insertion of key?
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by daddytime(m): 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
daddytime:

Starbeams:

Hello bro,still on the chevy venture please and i need your expert advise on how to go with resolving the problem with the key. As narrated initially,i left the key plus the remote which serves as the security before the engine can be cranked with the mech but he's misplaced it. We've been programing and reprograming the car but without the remote to turn off the blinking light there's no way to get the car to crank. The way the car works is you turn on the ignition then press the remote before the engine can be cranked.

I've tried explaining this to the elect but he seems not to understand what i'm on about. Please have you got an idea how to disengage or bypass the security since the remote is missing so the car can be cranked directly with just insertion of key?
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
daddytime:

Hello bro,still on the chevy venture please and i need your expert advise on how to go with resolving the problem with the key. As narrated initially,i left the key plus the remote which serves as the security before the engine can be cranked with the mech but he's misplaced it. We've been programing and reprograming the car but without the remote to turn off the blinking light there's no way to get the car to crank. The way the car works is you turn on the ignition then press the remote before the engine can be cranked.

I've tried explaining this to the elect but he seems not to understand what i'm on about. Please have you got an idea how to disengage or bypass the security since the remote is missing so the car can be cranked directly with just insertion of key?

Bros, tell him to use the following to reprogram the keys provided your van does not have option codes (Z49 or BAE)

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes ( the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Pass-lock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Important: The vehicle learns the Pass-lock Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Pass-lock Sensor Data Code and/or password).

This will help him to crank your van!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by daddytime(m): 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
God bless you bro..you are appreciated.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by adepelummy: 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
Good morning sir.
I need your help. I bought a Passat 2009 Nigerian used.mechanic work on the engine majorly the crankshaft and oil pump.
Now its not cranking.after scanning it give code P0343 camshaft position censor and P0010 camshaft timing control.
Sir am tired since some say its timing problem some say wiring some say the key since one button us not working on the key. Some even say the camshaft is scattering the timing after starting the car.
Please what is the problems
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 4:26am On Dec 13, 2016
adepelummy:
Good morning sir.
I need your help. I bought a Passat 2009 Nigerian used.mechanic work on the engine majorly the crankshaft and oil pump.
Now its not cranking.after scanning it give code P0343 camshaft position censor and P0010 camshaft timing control.
Sir am tired since some say its timing problem some say wiring some say the key since one button us not working on the key. Some even say the camshaft is scattering the timing after starting the car.
Please what is the problems

Your car has a timing problem. Get a qualified mechanic to help you set the timing and it will work. Most Mechs these days are not qualified, because they refuse to upgrade. I know you must have been through a lot. Imagine someone that worked on your car and couldn't start it back to return it to the way he met it because of his incompetence. It sounds funny....
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by adepelummy: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
Starbeams:

Your car has a timing problem. Get a qualified mechanic to help you set the timing and it will work. Most Mechs these days are not qualified, because they refuse to upgrade. I know you must have been through a lot. Imagine someone that worked on your car and couldn't start it back to return it to the way he met it because of his incompetence. It sounds funny....

God bless you I appreciate
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2016
Call us
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by nervorum: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
Starbeams:
Call us

Bro, what will it cost me to scan my kia at your garage?
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 7:14am On Dec 22, 2016
contact us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner / How To Check Whether Your Car Tires Are Expired Or Not / 2010 Corolla Gear Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.