Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja (7862 Views)

Speed Limits For Vehicles In Nigeria – FRSC / Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) / Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 7:07am On Dec 24, 2016
More Calls
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 8:00am On Dec 27, 2016
Merry Xmas
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Mosesibb: 12:45am On Dec 28, 2016
Cool will check on u guys
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by nervorum: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
Hi starbeams,

Drive an 07 model kia cerato, manual transmission. My gear just suddenly refuse to select, suddenly became frozen and fixed...but if u switch off d ignition, it becomes normal again..i can't even drive it to the nearest mechanic shop..popped d hood to see if there is any leaks in the clutch system, but none..just to mention that clutch kits, both upper and lower, were replaced 2 months ago when d pedal suddenly flattened, and its been normal since then until d present development..

Pls what could possibly be wrong??
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Aladine(m): 9:44pm On Jan 26, 2017
Starbeams are good..expecially with gear box..fixed mine and am still using it but my engine is what they hav not given me full satisfaction yet..so far i will give them 7/10..i will giv them the remaining when i get full solution..
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 7:00am On Jan 27, 2017
nervorum:
Hi starbeams,

Drive an 07 model kia cerato, manual transmission. My gear just suddenly refuse to select, suddenly became frozen and fixed...but if u switch off d ignition, it becomes normal again..i can't even drive it to the nearest mechanic shop..popped d hood to see if there is any leaks in the clutch system, but none..just to mention that clutch kits, both upper and lower, were replaced 2 months ago when d pedal suddenly flattened, and its been normal since then until d present development..

Pls what could possibly be wrong??

Call..
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by nervorum: 8:35am On Jan 28, 2017
Starbeams:

Call..

Nos not connecting.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Kingsteve(m): 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
Hello Starbeams,
I have a '06 Infiniti M35 parked at home for a while.
The problem is this: whenever I select the gear to D, it usually produces a 'KPUM' sound.
Then when I try to accelerate, it lags before picking up.
Also when the gear tries to shift into either 2 or 3 (not sure), it also produces another disturbing noise that can be felt within the heart. Lol

I decided to just park the vehicle to avoid complications.
From your experience, what do you think the problem could be?
If it's a transmission problem, is it something you can fix, or do I have to change the whole transmission, because I heard it isnt a wise idea to work on transmission problems, it is better to be changed.

Also, do you guys do home service? For instance, if I decide to scan my vehicle first, can you bring your tools and do the scsnning at home?
Attached is a picture of my beloved machine.
Thanks!

Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 4:32am On Jan 30, 2017
Where is your location sir? We do home service with a separate charge. We can come with our scanning machine. I am familiar with your car problem. Call.. Thanks.
Kingsteve:
Hello Starbeams,
I have a '06 Infiniti M35 parked at home for a while.
The problem is this: whenever I select the gear to D, it usually produces a 'KPUM' sound.
Then when I try to accelerate, it lags before picking up.
Also when the gear tries to shift into either 2 or 3 (not sure), it also produces another disturbing noise that can be felt within the heart. Lol

I decided to just park the vehicle to avoid complications.
From your experience, what do you think the problem could be?
If it's a transmission problem, is it something you can fix, or do I have to change the whole transmission, because I heard it isnt a wise idea to work on transmission problems, it is better to be changed.

Also, do you guys do home service? For instance, if I decide to scan my vehicle first, can you bring your tools and do the scsnning at home?
Attached is a picture of my beloved machine.
Thanks!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Kingsteve(m): 10:02am On Jan 30, 2017
Starbeams:
Where is your location sir? We do home service with a separate charge. We can come with our scanning machine. I am familiar with your car problem. Call.. Thanks.

My location: Mab Global Estate, Karsana District Abuja.
Will give you a call shortly!
Thanks!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by starlionnotch: 11:56am On Feb 04, 2017
Hello Starbeams, my mazda 6 looses speed, emits gray gray smoke and the exhaust makes loud sound. What could be the issue?
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 6:15am On Feb 13, 2017
starlionnotch:
Hello Starbeams, my mazda 6 looses speed, emits gray gray smoke and the exhaust makes loud sound. What could be the issue?

Call...i know the problem with your car
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 7:37am On Feb 18, 2017
Call us today!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 10:04am On Feb 24, 2017
Call
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 5:49am On Feb 27, 2017
Call us!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by EletuAzeez(m): 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hello sir. Pls I recently started experiencing high RPM on my EOD coupe 2005 model (automatic). The idle cable was adjusted by my mechanic but I noticed it went up again above 1000 RPM tending towards 2000 when the gear is on P or N. I have an OBD II scanner which I've used to scan the car before and after this experience but the trouble codes remain the same P0141 (02 sensor heater circuit Bank 1 sensor 2) and P1157 - Air/Fuel Ratio(A/F) sensor (sensor 1) AFS Line High voltage, or Air/ Fuel Ratio (A/F) sensor.
So, pls I don't know what could be responsible for the high RPM, since it's not showing any new code apart from the two that have been there since I bought the car.
Could these trouble codes be responsible for this development?
Pls I need ur opinion on this asap.
Thanks. Looking forward to ur response, bro.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 6:38am On Mar 01, 2017
EletuAzeez:
Hello sir. Pls I recently started experiencing high RPM on my EOD coupe 2005 model (automatic). The idle cable was adjusted by my mechanic but I noticed it went up again above 1000 RPM tending towards 2000 when the gear is on P or N. I have an OBD II scanner which I've used to scan the car before and after this experience but the trouble codes remain the same P0141 (02 sensor heater circuit Bank 1 sensor 2) and P1157 - Air/Fuel Ratio(A/F) sensor (sensor 1) AFS Line High voltage, or Air/ Fuel Ratio (A/F) sensor.
So, pls I don't know what could be responsible for the high RPM, since it's not showing any new code apart from the two that have been there since I bought the car.
Could these trouble codes be responsible for this development?
Pls I need ur opinion on this asap.
Thanks. Looking forward to ur response, bro.

Its not a serious issue bro, just look for a leak on the intake manifold, especially where it joined/bolted on the cylinder head. A leak on any of the vacuum lines would give such symptom. An unplug or not well clamped vacuum line would do the same. A leak where throttle body joined the intake manifold will give such problem. Tell your mechanic to check for that and let me know when its done.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by EletuAzeez(m): 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
Thanks bro. I appreciate your kind response. Hope I can bring the car to your workshop for a check, if u don't consider it too minor to deal with. smiley smiley
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 6:42am On Mar 03, 2017
EletuAzeez:
Thanks bro. I appreciate your kind response. Hope I can bring the car to your workshop for a check, if u don't consider it too minor to deal with. smiley smiley

No problem, you are welcome!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 6:24am On Mar 06, 2017
Call
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by aristosoft(m): 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2017
seen the way you handle questions here and i must say you are doing a great job. My Honda Accord 2006 car gear handle got stucked. A mechanic did a fix but the gear still get stucked sometimes that i had to use the key to shift it. Also, the gear position lights sometime disappear or have P and D at the same time when i start the car. Please, what could be the problem?

Thanks.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 7:45am On Mar 11, 2017
Call us
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by ican2020: 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
Please, I have Mercedes Benz E230, 2001 model and it has gear problem.
Switching from one gear to another is difficult, in most cases, the car will not exceed gear 3 and in some case the car will enter neutral when driving on high way.
The mechanic called an electrician who. Said the 'Gear Brainbox' is faulty.
Is that the real problem?
Do I change the gear brain box?
What should I do?
I need your help, please.
Thanks
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 6:08am On Apr 03, 2017
ican2020:

Please, I have Mercedes Benz E230, 2001 model and it has gear problem.
Switching from one gear to another is difficult, in most cases, the car will not exceed gear 3 and in some case the car will enter neutral when driving on high way.
The mechanic called an electrician who. Said the 'Gear Brainbox' is faulty.
Is that the real problem?
Do I change the gear brain box?
What should I do?
I need your help, please.
Thanks

He is correct. Change your gear box brain box and it will be fine. Sorry for late reply..Thanks
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 6:45am On Apr 27, 2017
Call us today
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by BOLAUWA: 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
Greetings gurus. Pls recently my car (toyota camry pencil light automatic) broke down and refused to move. On putting it on drive or reverse, it makes a clanking sound. my mechanic said it was the gearbox, which I changed immediately. But after changing the gearbox, I have noticed the car refuses to accelerate beyond 80km /hr. I was told to clean d gearbox filter which I have done bt no improvement. Wat could be the problem? Ur advice really needed.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
BOLAUWA:
Greetings gurus. Pls recently my car (toyota camry pencil light automatic) broke down and refused to move. On putting it on drive or reverse, it makes a clanking sound. my mechanic said it was the gearbox, which I changed immediately. But after changing the gearbox, I have noticed the car refuses to accelerate beyond 80km /hr. I was told to clean d gearbox filter which I have done bt no improvement. Wat could be the problem? Ur advice really needed.

Have you scanned your car? scan it to see if there is any DTC and get back to me.
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by starlionnotch: 5:10pm On May 07, 2017
Hello Starbeams,

What is the cost of coolant termostat for Camry 2003?, what is the function? and how do i go about replacing mine?
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 5:45am On May 10, 2017
starlionnotch:
Hello Starbeams,

What is the cost of coolant termostat for Camry 2003?, what is the function? and how do i go about replacing mine?

The Thermostat is about 2-3k, it helps your car to maintain an engine working temperature and hence reduce fuel economy, you can buy in the market and give your mechanic to fix. Most roadside Mechs advises people to remove it, but its not always to best advise.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 6:42am On May 11, 2017
Call us today!
Re: Doctor Of All Problematic Vehicles in Abuja by Starbeams: 7:26am On May 14, 2017
Call..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thread For Air Condition / Tesla Model 3 Will Be Almost Fully Voice Controllable With Future Update – Musk / Need A Driver's Licence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.