Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja (27381 Views)

Between Spectranet And Smile 4glte Service, Which Is Better? / Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase / Spectranet Increases Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by ezzylee(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2016
allanphash7:
1.3mbps ke and you said some people will say it slow

Isnt that slow enough , while someone uses 50mbps

Well its not in 9ja tho

Thank God you said not in Nigeria.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by ezzylee(m): 10:18am On Jul 29, 2016
enigma2007:

Bros! I finish that their bonus data...In their life, they wouldn't try that double data thingy again... infact, schedule my PS4 to download another 48GB game while i am at work.

Anyways, swift seems to be the most stable around my end (Palmgrove/Onipanu side).. Fast enough to handle what i need to download sha..

Hahaaa......Sharp guy.
Youre like me too. I do most of my downloads and online gameplay at night. Cant afford playing Fifa online then the network will start fooling, thereby making the gameplay very terrible.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by ezzylee(m): 10:19am On Jul 29, 2016
texazzpete:

You work for Spectranet, don't you?

Nah....I dont.
Never made use of spectranet before.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by ezzylee(m): 10:22am On Jul 29, 2016
[right][/right]
Juxtified:

Whether you know him or not, a devil can never be better than an angel

Literally, Yes a devil can never be better than an angel.
But proverbially, No.
You catch my drift?
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by ezzylee(m): 10:23am On Jul 29, 2016
Asuokaa:

I rather be wit an angel I don't knw dan a devil dat will destroy my life

Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:29am On Jul 29, 2016
That's what you get for using a cheap network. I use smile unlimited 19800 non stop data for one month with free 200 mins to make call what more do I need.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by danxzy: 10:32am On Jul 29, 2016
alstacs:
After switching round all mobile networks looking for fast and reliable data services, a friend introduced Spectranet to me in January 2015. It was the best Internet experience I've had since I was born. I was the king, I could do all I needed to do and the kids could stream their animations and educational videos. I was the most reliable when making Skype video calls. If you come to my house, I don't offer you water or drink, I give you wifi password.
Despite having just two bars of signal around Durumi area, I streamed videos like they were stored on my tablet or laptop.
suddenly I became an apostle to spectranet. In fact somebody in the central area nearly cursed me once on Facebook for praising spectranet. His honeymoon oerios was over! I never knew Spectranet has a honeymoon period for everybody and every area in Abuja.

My/our honeymoon period expired January 2016 when they started their double offer promo. From that time, despite my steady signal strength, I have been using about only 2 or 3 gig out of almost 40gig I have every month. It became so poor that as bad as Glo network was, I preferred Glo data cos spectranet would not even open a page on a browser talk less of using VOI calls or streaming videos.
If you need to open a website now, you better start boiling beans at the same time, you page will open when you are done from the kitchen.
I went round my area asking apither subscribers and they all have the same story to tell. I mailed their customer service and an engineer was sent to my house and area. He confirmed that their service was no longer optimised there just like those people in the central area .
I have tried on a few occasions to subscribe again but I ended up wasting money every time. I tried Smile too but their own data costs an arm and a leg.
my options now:
1. Unlock the wifi device for a more customer friendly broadband provider
2. To give out my wifi device for free.
3. Seems as if I will try NTEL oh

I CAN GIVE YOU UNLIMITED ACCESS TO CHAT ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, YOUTUBE, INFACT YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER U WISH TO DO WITH OUR INTERNET AT HIGH SPEED RATE. VISIT MY OFFICE AT PLOT 596 AHMADU BELLO WAY. CITY PLAZA AREA 11 GARKI ABUJA.ASK OF G-NET HYBRID TECHNOLOGIES SOLUTION INTERNATION LIMITED OR CALL ME ON 08139034522

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by ezzylee(m): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2016
mradjoy:

Have you tried ipNX?

Worked in a company whose ISP was IPNX.... To tell you the truth, they were whack. They had to switch to SWIFT TALK which i think is a subsidiary of SWIFT networks. For the swift, they were paying around 300k every month for a bandwidth of 4MB/S for a month.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by mare23ayo(m): 10:39am On Jul 29, 2016
I don't know about you guys but I prefer to pay big for the best deal! talking about Smile 4g mifi. last night I skyped with no break or disruption in network, 5k for 5gig. have used it in ogun, lagos and ibadan, Oyo state.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by ezzylee(m): 10:39am On Jul 29, 2016
Memyselfu2009:
That's what you get for using a cheap network. I use smile unlimited 19800 non stop data for one month with free 200 mins to make call what more do I need.

Some of these networks arent cheap. Its the data plan you can afford that you'll buy abi?
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by mare23ayo(m): 10:39am On Jul 29, 2016
I don't know about you guys but I prefer to pay big for the best deal! talking about Smile 4g mifi. last night I skyped with no break or disruption in network, 5k for 5gig. have used it in ogun, lagos and ibadan, Oyo state. Exactly 1 Year now since I bought it..
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2016
Spectranet customer care has informed me that their 'unlimited' night download speed is capped at 512kbps.

This is not on their website or policies.

When I started the service in April, I was getting 1mbps.

Dubious baggers.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by marvel07(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2016
I will suggest u use a VPN to bypass their speed throtting
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by ashacot: 11:00am On Jul 29, 2016
Having issues with WIFI network or u You NEED A WIFI DEVICE, try SMILE COMMUNICATION WIFI DEVICE. WITH. SMILE, U CAN GET 4G LTE SUPERFAST BROADBAND WITH AN MBPS oF 21. CALL 08067907693 For your device now
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by dadaijboy: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Gargoylesmiles(m): 11:58am On Jul 29, 2016
I have been a Swift user since 2012 and I haven't seen any reason to change to any other network up until now when Ntel popped up. Swift I will say has been relatively consistent and met my needs but i just hate how am restricted data wise. This applies to all networks anyways.
For me the catch is speed and the package.

Since Ntel has promised an uncapped data for N10k/month with their current speed then i will likely settle for that once their network coverage improves in S/Lere. If there service is not onsistent, I will stay with Swift.

To get out of owning too many ISP devices I went ahead to get a generic 4G LTE router, TP-link MR6400 so that I wont buy any network router again as far as 4G LTE is concerned. Just throw in my 4G SIM, configure APN, subscribe and then viola am online. This is my internet short to medium term strategy for now. Long term will FTTH, fibre to the home from hopefully ipNX (or whoever comes up) when their cable comes close to my abode or when i move close to them (whichever comes first) smiley

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by goldenimp(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
pls chat me up on goldenimpression@ yahoo.com, i dunno how to contact you
chatom143:
Do you have a spectranet ( Big router box), or the E5573 ( the new white spectranet mifi) or any other mifi locked to any network. contact me for unlocking for use with any network of your choice.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Juxtified(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
ezzylee:
[right][/right]
Literally, Yes a devil can never be better than an angel. But proverbially, No. You catch my drift?
Yeah, of course.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by mradjoy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
ezzylee:

Worked in a company whose ISP was IPNX.... To tell you the truth, they were whack. They had to switch to SWIFT TALK which i think is a subsidiary of SWIFT networks. For the swift, they were paying around 300k every month for a bandwidth of 4MB/S for a month.

Wow! whack? I have been with them since 2008 and had also tried different networks in different locations in Lekki, Lagos none compared to ipNX network.

Their downtime is the lowest I've experienced so far, currently in my office in Lekki we use ipNX, my boss and his wife who were both born and brought up in the UK even testifies to their super network.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by omolola15(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
drizzit:
you sef dey play top eleven? I can relate to losing a player u bidding for due mad network. Anytime u wanna start bidding, look for a location where the signal strength is good...then carry go....to lose tokens dey pain die.... cheesy

I don even wise up now. The best time to buy players is around 5am, there are less people online by then. It has worked for like days now. I just bid and get players with good qualities for just 1 token. I no fit let glo come waste my token jare.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Ghostwriter70(m): 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
alstacs:
After switching round all mobile networks looking for fast and reliable data services, a friend introduced Spectranet to me in January 2015. It was the best Internet experience I've had since I was born. I was the king, I could do all I needed to do and the kids could stream their animations and educational videos. I was the most reliable when making Skype video calls. If you come to my house, I don't offer you water or drink, I give you wifi password.
Despite having just two bars of signal around Durumi area, I streamed videos like they were stored on my tablet or laptop.
suddenly I became an apostle to spectranet. In fact somebody in the central area nearly cursed me once on Facebook for praising spectranet. His honeymoon oerios was over! I never knew Spectranet has a honeymoon period for everybody and every area in Abuja.

My/our honeymoon period expired January 2016 when they started their double offer promo. From that time, despite my steady signal strength, I have been using about only 2 or 3 gig out of almost 40gig I have every month. It became so poor that as bad as Glo network was, I preferred Glo data cos spectranet would not even open a page on a browser talk less of using VOI calls or streaming videos.
If you need to open a website now, you better start boiling beans at the same time, you page will open when you are done from the kitchen.
I went round my area asking apither subscribers and they all have the same story to tell. I mailed their customer service and an engineer was sent to my house and area. He confirmed that their service was no longer optimised there just like those people in the central area .
I have tried on a few occasions to subscribe again but I ended up wasting money every time. I tried Smile too but their own data costs an arm and a leg.
my options now:
Y don't u try cyberspace 4G LTE. I'm currently using it. Their data plans are cheap and the speed is good
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by okonja(m): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
alstacs:
After switching round all mobile networks looking for fast and reliable data services, a friend introduced Spectranet to me in January 2015.

I'm in Abuja, so you can just get in touch with me for the unlocking. Meanwhile, if your device is that E5172s-925, NTEL won't work on it, but other devices are fine. And finally, NTEL is the king now....even as far as KuchiKau after Masaka....where I stay, it's damn blazing. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by okonja(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
yankeedude:

The same thing is happening to me right now. How can I unlock the device?

That's what I do, you can contact me via my signature
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Gargoylesmiles(m): 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ghostwriter70:

Y don't u try cyberspace 4G LTE. I'm currently using it. Their data plans are cheap and the speed is good

Cyberspace? I thought they are B2B and dont provide individual or residential service. Please share the link where I can read up their plans/packages.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Gargoylesmiles(m): 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
okonja:

I'm in Abuja, so you can just get in touch with me for the unlocking. Meanwhile, if your device is that E5172s-925, NTEL won't work on it, but other devices are fine. And finally, NTEL is the king now....even as far as KuchiKau after Masaka....where I stay, it's damn blazing. grin cheesy

Woah, thats nice to know. I hope they upgrade quickly and give S/Lere fantastic service. I had a flickering one bar and it was blazing fast.
Looking forward to when I can boast of 3 bars on my modem. Speedtest showed 13Mb/sec as at the last time checked. Swift has not crossed 7Mb/s since i started using it.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
That's nigerian style , it explains why people rush new products cos the producers lower the standards.

Hypo bleach is aperfect exampla, it was a powerful bleach when it first came, but its just like coconut water.

Absolutely useless for bleaching whites.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2016
Jainine:
alstacs... I chuckled when I was reading, the way you illustrated your experience with such humor.

These companies only start to act up whenever they roll out promos.
oga, wetin person go do na? We need to smile and laugh when we are oppressed. These people make money without offering services.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Ghostwriter70(m): 10:26am On Jul 30, 2016
Gargoylesmiles:

Cyberspace? I thought they are B2B and dont provide individual or residential service. Please share the link where I can read up their plans/packages.
Thanks in advance.
Yh. U can check them out on www.cyberspacelte.net.ng
I'll guarantee u maximum satisfaction
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Gargoylesmiles(m): 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ghostwriter70:

Yh. U can check them out on www.cyberspacelte.net.ng
I'll guarantee u maximum satisfaction

Thanks Bro.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 2:47am On Aug 01, 2016
I also forgot to add that one other evil with Spectranet is that if you allow your subscription to finish before you recharge your account, then you are OYO. What is wrong with them giving you access to their website to allow you recharge and subscribe? You have to look for another Internet source to do that.
I had sent several mails and called their customer service to tell their bosses to correct that but dem nor just send
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 3:26am On Aug 01, 2016
babs50g:
@op . At least they are trying compare to other ISP provider. Its not easy operating ISP , most of them go on CAPEX and OPEX to optimize operation. Although money for service should be the priority . Perhaps Stick with them instead of jumping from one to another. Had once worked with them and i did supervise all the equipments/machinery that was brought in and they are very good at what they do . Spectranet LTE is super rich .
Stick with them ke, haba oga? A nor get shares for that company fa? I tried to stick with them twice after they kept calling me to try again that they had worked on their system. I ended up wasting 10k twice. All they ended up doing was reaping where they didn't sow.
When I say slow, this slow is an unusable slow. I mean it when I say you can't open a page on the net for most parts of the day. As bad as glo is, I'd rather stick with glo
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by alstacs(m): 3:28am On Aug 01, 2016
okonja:

Good to hear this bro. What sort of subscription do they even have on the NTEL self before person go enter another one chance?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dangers In Making & Answering Calls While "Charging" / Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us / How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.