Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony (18976 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 31, 2016
DirtyGold:

Yes I did!
If you respected tradition as you are coming back to it now, you would not have gone to court first before the necessary groundwork.

What's tha business?

You just confirmed you really didn't read-to-understand the first post. You didn't comprehend it well. Go back to it and read.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by lekkipropertyy: 6:58am On Jul 31, 2016
nefertitiram:

It all boils down to the bride's family.

Mine was 28k in total sef.

Just fix date to see the Olori Ebi. Come with his fam members. You and hubby, wear and co Lace material. No too much paparazzi. They will deliver the bride price stuff. Family will pray for you, then photo session. Before 5pm, una don comot.

Marriage don set. I have no idea why people make weddings so
much of a big deal undecided

Hubby now felt if he knew how simple and easy it was, we would av been married 3 years b4 we did. Anyways, God bless my family for making the wedding simple and easy for him.

We kukuma saved the party money

Nice one
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by lekkipropertyy: 7:04am On Jul 31, 2016
VocalWalls:

List nko?
List ke! We got a basket full of fruits, biscuits and sweets and some drinks all rapped, na to choose that for proper wedding/Nikahi remain.
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by lekkipropertyy: 7:04am On Jul 31, 2016
VocalWalls:

List nko?

List ke! grin
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by photoshoot(m): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2016
ademipeju:
. Wat re u concurring, na copy and paste the guy dey do.

He suddenly turn to zikoko agent ontop MR.NAIRALAND Contest. Rubbish undecided undecided

Happy Sunday smiley

Madam, at least you would check my topics before you talk now undecided
You just don't accuse someone falsely.
Its not my fault that I made front-page as well..
Please I have got no problem with anyone, let's try yo maintain peace on here. This is just a forum please. Have a nice day.
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by photoshoot(m): 7:16am On Jul 31, 2016
Goodmorning Oga vocalwalls, I would come up with something no doubt. smiley
Thanks for the task.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by VocalWalls: 7:56am On Jul 31, 2016
lekkipropertyy:

List ke! We got a basket full of fruits, biscuits and sweets and some drinks all rapped, na to choose that for proper wedding/Nikahi remain.

she get another sister?
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by timeandchance76(m): 8:04am On Jul 31, 2016
Since you are a yoruba woman all need to do is to meet the most close family member of your late parent for how to go about it. When I did my wedding ,my dowry money was return back to me, my inlaw told me that they are not selling their daughter, I should just take care of her.
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by timeandchance76(m): 8:30am On Jul 31, 2016
love4rent80s:
What's the difference between bride price and dowry
they both mean same thing. No different
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by YOLO1(m): 8:32am On Jul 31, 2016
Some issues are not worth bringing on Nairaland cos NairaLanders will just spew thrash and you might end up frustrated
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2016
Ok
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by kenyguy(m): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2016
During my own time though not the same tradition with yours. What we did was to approach the elders, the gave us photocopy of the list, what it contains is all the requirements. So we worked with the list. Some items we were asked to give money instead of bringing the items listed and its cheaper to do so. E.g a carton of a particular beer was be sold at 2500 then but we were asked to pay 1500 instead of the drink.
My Advise is; go to your elders alone and talk to them with an open mind so that they will help make it easy for you and your husband.
God Bless Your Marriage!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by ademipeju(f): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2016
photoshoot:

Madam, at least you would check my topics before you talk now undecided
You just don't accuse someone falsely.
Its not my fault that I made front-page as well..
Please I have got no problem with anyone, let's try yo maintain peace on here. This is just a forum please. Have a nice day.

Shut up and get out from my mention. We are saying A he is saying B.

Wetin concern me if you make Frontpage. undecided undecided
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by Chicent(m): 11:07am On Jul 31, 2016
ademipeju:

Easy dear..... Trade soft biko. Happy sunday!
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by ademipeju(f): 12:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
Chicent:

Easy dear..... Trade soft biko.
Happy sunday!

No mind d guy e dey form untop anoda pesn creativity. undecided
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by photoshoot(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
ademipeju:

Madam, please try to maintain decorum.
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by ademipeju(f): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
photoshoot:

Madam, please try to maintain decorum.

Na swear?

Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by MulticolourDeco(f): 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
AyaSunday:
Please I news inputs on how best to get this done:

My husband has decided to pay my bride price after we did our Court Wedding several years ago. The truth is we married when we had almost nothing so we just didn't want to be burdened with financial pressures. I am an orphan and my husband is from a very humble background.

I am Yoruba, hubby is Akwa Ibom
I am from a large family with many very rich and comfortable peeps but we all don't relate well cos our parents never really brought us together with them when they were alive.

We are meeting the eldest member of my family soon but I want to ask for your opinions on how to go about the ceremony? Cos my extended family is saying they will accept however way I and my husband want the ceremony done.
I believe they said that since the funding will not come from any of them, other than I and hubby.

Please for those that have done bride price paying ceremony (if there's anything like that), can you please advice me on how to go about it?

I do not want something too poor or too expensive. Just moderate but I need to know the basic things we should have.

Get an experienced Event Planner to help. With the ceremony, procedures, budget and main events. Thats your best shot atit
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by hardbody: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
Funpeter:
You are from the west and with my little understanding yorubas dont demand much, even the bride price is mostly return back because they believe they dnt sell their child......

SOME LISTS
Tubers of Yam maximum 10

Bag of rice

Salt

Box of cloth.....which you already have.

Sugar

Groundnut oli

Palm oil

Fish

Kola

Fruit

Coconut

make others add their own........

NB. experience from wedding attended so far.....

ire ooooo

You don't demand much on top that list that is slightly longer than my arm?

So if you then demand much what will it be like, Choi..chizosx shocked
Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by Buzchi1: 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Op here is my own advice.
Tradition differs, but with what u have explained here i will advice u to do it this way:
first u already have extimated the number of people that will be in the ceremony, these people will eat and drink. Think about how they will be entertained:
drinks: make provision for minerals, malt, beer, wine, kiki(shinapp), palmy, and add ur local liquor if u have any.
Food: u can look for those catherers around tell them what u are doing they know what u want or u can do it urself but u have to make diferrent meals like: rice (jeloff and stew), soup- u should know wht ur people like, garri, akpu, amala, pouded yam, etc, then nkwobi and ur tradtional meals if not listed.
Secondly:
before the entertainment, the elders and hubby kingsmen will go inside and settle the marriage list, get pen and paper, write down those items and fix their price, u can negotiate there quantities and also there prices, after which u total it and pay them in money.
If at the end the total money is too much, u can still tell them this is what i will pay for everything there, depending on how much u have with u and u are willing to pay. But u can still pay without struggling with price if u can afford the sum. Having settled this then come out and celebrate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by Awoofawo(m): 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
AyaSunday:
Modified:

Thanks all. I and hubby only have just visited the most senior person in my family residing in Nigeria. All others are permanently based abroad (I don't even know them sef)
and we are going to repeat the visit, this time with my hubby and his family members. On same day, the list will be given.
We intend to do the bride price paying ceremony and little engagement ceremony alongside. Only close relatives will be present, maybe less than 30 people sef.

Thanks for all your contributions
Stop stressing yourself bride price hasn't a do or die affair in Yoruba land. The most senior elder in extend family should provides one for you in form of list and most the items aren't up to 100k Yoruba don't sell their daughters. In fact having done the court or white wedding you can forget about tradi-rite as your parent aren't around for it! Most only do it to honour their parent cool

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony by Bluette(f): 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ask d man u considered d eldest among dem.. He shld lead u aright.
Cc: PhOtOsHoOT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? / Is It Justified Or Pure Wickedness? / Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.