Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? (18992 Views)

"Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Saintsammurai(m): 10:49am On May 25, 2017
I saw this on twitter..
Must a father seek permission from his daughter's husband-to-be before giving her a car or house as wedding gift?
A guy left his wife because her dad gave her a car as a wedding gift without his permission..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Nobody: 11:13am On May 25, 2017
Let's clarify this
1. If the gifts were for the daughter then there is a problem. He could have done this before she got married
2. Since when do you give one party gifts at a wedding is it not meant for both of them?
3. Maybe the daughter is one of those women who makes the man know she comes from money, they argue " get out of my house" she is unhappy " get out of my car!" So the man left. It's not just about the car or the house as it was 6 months after the wedding. It is about what the car represents.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by ImaIma1(f): 11:25am On May 25, 2017
But if he had given them a tray as a gift he wouldn't need to ask permission in case they already have enough trays. Such myopic and egocentric mindset! Whatever they do with their gifts is left to them. It is a wedding gift and she is his daughter.
What broke the marriage might not be the gifts bit how the couple handled it.

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Saintsammurai(m): 12:02pm On May 25, 2017
Raine80:
Let's clarify this
1. If the gifts were for the daughter then there is a problem. He could have done this before she got married
2. Since when do you give one party gifts at a wedding is it not meant for both of them?
3. Maybe the daughter is one of those women who makes the man know she comes from money, they argue " get out of my house" she is unhappy " get out of my car!" So the man left. It's not just about the car or the house as it was 6 months after the wedding. It is about what the car represents.
hmm brilliant

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by LePrezident(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2017
How is this disrespectful? If I decide to gift my daughter, the husband has no business being peeved. So because she's married she's no longer my daughter? Is he for real?

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by brandydaniells(m): 12:38pm On May 25, 2017
booked
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by HITTED(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2017
I wish for a wife who will get a car gift from her father on our wedding day.

So help me God!

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Saintsammurai(m): 12:48pm On May 25, 2017
HITTED:
I wish for a wife who will get a car gift from her father on our wedding day.

So help me God!
lmao
.bad guy.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 25, 2017
ImaIma1:
But if he had given them a tray as a gift he wouldn't need to ask permission in case they already have enough trays. Such myopic and egocentric mindset! Whatever they do with their gifts is left to them. It is a wedding gift and she is his daughter.
What broke the marriage might not be the gifts bit how the couple handled it.

Learn how to pass relationship-related comments from that Raine80 moniker. If the father had made it known that he gave the car to her daughter, that marriage is doomed, especially if the man is not rich enough to own a car. If the husband is not rich, and the wife is from a rich family, enrich the man, for charity sake, and see the man becoming grateful by loving his wife more, assuming what brought them together initially is genuine love. Before marriage, the father should have tested the man by giving him 1m naira to see r what he can do with it. If the 1m naira vanishes without making any good use of it, the father would advise her daughter to be wary of the man, and steer clear of interfering in the affairs of the upcoming family. You don't have to teach young people, adversities will teach them.

19 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Dadsonval(f): 1:01pm On May 25, 2017
Its totally wrong, they are one not two, she must not hide anything from her husband.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by firstking01(m): 1:16pm On May 25, 2017
Very Wrong.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by makydebbie(f): 1:45pm On May 25, 2017
firstking01:
Very Wrong.
What makes it wrong for daddy to buy his daughter a gift?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by firstking01(m): 1:50pm On May 25, 2017
makydebbie:
What makes it wrong for daddy to buy his daughter a gift?
The post said without the hubby's consent....my dear it's wrong....and why did you chose to remain anonymous all these whiles??

4 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by ImaIma1(f): 1:51pm On May 25, 2017
Snow84:

Learn how to pass relationship-related comments from that Raine80 moniker. If the father had made it known that he gave the car to her daughter, that marriage is doomed, especially if the man is not rich enough to own a car. If the husband is not rich, and the wife is from a rich family, enrich the man, for charity sake, and see the man becoming grateful by loving his wife more, assuming what brought them together initially is genuine love. Before marriage, the father should have tested the man by giving him 1m naira to see r what he can do with it. If the 1m naira vanishes without making any good use of it, the father would advise her daughter to be wary of the man, and steer clear of interfering in the affairs of the upcoming family. You don't have to teach young people, adversities will teach them.

You lost me with your comment. Why is it that the fact that it is a car gift the problem. My colleague was given a car gift by her dad. And it was a surprise. They didn't know till the wedding day. An uncle of mine gave his daughter a car gift on her wedding day. Both marriages are yet to break up. If a man cannot handle the fact that his woman is from a well to do family, why go ahead?
Communication between a couple is very important. They have to be able to discuss anything and agree.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by makydebbie(f): 1:59pm On May 25, 2017
firstking01:
The post said without the hubby's consent....my dear it's wrong....and why did you chose to remain anonymous all these whiles??
What if its a birthday or graduation gift? To me, there's nothing wrong.

I was never anonymous, I was away. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by firstking01(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2017
makydebbie:
What if its a birthday or graduation gift? To me, there's nothing wrong.

I was never anonymous, I was away. undecided
Giving somebody gift is not wrong but simple courtesy demands that you let your spouse know to avoid unnecessary hintches in the relationship....in the case of the lady in clue she's even married sef and that's the more reason she should let her hubby know irrespective of who gave her the gift....

You were away but i kept seeing your shared post??

4 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by makydebbie(f): 2:42pm On May 25, 2017
firstking01:
Giving somebody gift is not wrong but simple courtesy demands that you let you spouse know to avoid unnecessary hintches in the relationship....in the case of the lady in clue she's even married sef and that's the more reason she should let her hubby know irrespective of who gave her the gift....

If you say so.

Shared post with what moniker? Did you miss this moniker to the point that you started hallucinating? I've been away since February 12th.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 2:50pm On May 25, 2017
men and their ego again.kini big deal for goodness sake.shebi its the 2 of them that owns the car.una no dey taya undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 2:51pm On May 25, 2017
firstking01:
Giving somebody gift is not wrong but simple courtesy demands that you let you spouse know to avoid unnecessary hintches in the relationship....in the case of the lady in clue she's even married sef and that's the more reason she should let her hubby know irrespective of who gave her the gift....

so if your own mother gave you gift,you need permission from your wife before you collect it?

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by eyinjuege: 3:02pm On May 25, 2017
I wonder what people would say if it was the groom's father that's wealthy and gifted his son a car and a house.
Would the wife's permission be also needed to accept the gift from his father?
That's the highest height of insult as a father if your child rejects your gift because the spouse said so. People seem to forget that, that man or woman has a source and didn't just fall from the sky into your life.

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:16pm On May 25, 2017
Do u got my mail.. saw ur email dis morning.. do u got thee mail I send to u back.
ImaIma1:

You lost me with your comment. Why is it that the fact that it is a car gift the problem. My colleague was given a car gift by her dad. And it was a surprise. They didn't know till the wedding day. An uncle of mine gave his daughter a car gift on her wedding day. Both marriages are yet to break up. If a man cannot handle the fact that his woman is from a well to do family, why go ahead?
Communication between a couple is very important. They have to be able to discuss anything and agree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Sterope(f): 3:24pm On May 25, 2017
What would be your response if it was the husband's father that gave his son a car? What gave you the impression that the husband was poor? Even if he were poor, how is it the father's in law obligation to give him money to enrich himself. I don't think the FIL needed to call him and give him money before he humbly ask for a loan.

Wedding gift is usually meant for both couple. If the husband has an issue with it, he shouldn't have married up in the first place. Issues like this will continue to happen, it is not a crime to buy expensive things for your own child because she is married.

Snow84:

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by firstking01(m): 3:30pm On May 25, 2017
makydebbie:
If you say so.

Shared post with what moniker? Did you miss this moniker to the point that you started hallucinating? I've been away since February 12th.
Hallucinating ke?, or did you ever get any mention from me...abegi save your pride for whoever cares...

Bienvenue cool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by makydebbie(f): 3:54pm On May 25, 2017
firstking01:
Hallucinating ke?, or did you ever get any mention from me...abegi save your pride for whoever cares...

Bienvenue cool.
No need for insults. You never got any shares until Sunday, and I wasn't anonymous.

Have a nice day.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by ImaIma1(f): 4:12pm On May 25, 2017
dangotesmummy:
so if your own mother gave you gift,you need permission from your wife before you collect it?

No the mother needs to get permission from the wife..."my dear I want to give my son a car as a wedding gift,should i go ahead?"

5 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by RAFIC(m): 4:25pm On May 25, 2017
eyinjuege:
I wonder what people would say if it was the groom's father that's wealthy and gifted his son a car and a house.
That's the highest height of insult as a father if your child rejects your gift because the spouse said so. People seem to forget that, that man or woman has a source and didn't just fall from the sky into your life.

You just nailed it. A "gift" is usually a secret until it is given (or am I missing something?). How do you even expect the wife to 'know', talk more of informing the hubby beforehand to seek consent? Besides, giving gifts in a wedding is open to every one, and they are free to give whatever they desire. It may have come down to ego issues, though.

They know their problem, and it isn't the gift; Let them go sort it out.

30 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Prettyenit18(f): 4:58pm On May 25, 2017
Good question
dangotesmummy:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Prettyenit18(f): 4:59pm On May 25, 2017
God bless you
eyinjuege:

4 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dominique(f): 5:32pm On May 25, 2017
Even an in-law must walk on eggshells to massage the bloated ego of an average Nigerian man. This shouldn't even be a topic for discussion. Why on earth should a woman reject a gift from her own parent? Asking for permission means that there is a possibility of rejecting the car gift which is a huge disrespect to the father that raised her. So many rules and regulations a Nigerian woman must follow all in the name of "keeping her marriage". Nigerians can make marriage harder than rocket science sha.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 25, 2017
The guy is crazy.....do trust me grin grin

Intellectual capacity.......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video) / Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman / Man Surprises His Wife With A Car As Valentine Gift (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.