Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP (11533 Views)

Full List Of Elected PDP Officers At The National Convention 2017 / PDP Shuts Out Atiku From Voting At National Convention (leadership) / Buhari Should Call His Killer Fulani Men To Order Or.....- Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Sirmuel1(m): 8:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by tunderay(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2016
Why did we love to blame others for our woes in this country? You guys should continue to be blaming the judge, is he the one that made Sherrif the chairman of PDP in the first place? Direct your blame to Fayose, Wike and co. The judge made orders according to what Sherrif's team presented to him.

3 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by july66: 8:07am On Jul 29, 2016
Limitednow:

http://.com/court-order-or-not-our-national-convention-will-still-hold-pdp/

This judge appears to be mentally unstable. Who says lunatics are only found on the streets. They were all somewhere before the landed on the streets. Looking at his resume, you ll find out he has been in private practice, being paid by clients for his services. He may not have realised that the mode of payment changes as soon as you move from bar to bench. I think his actions should quickly be reported to the NJC before he does further damage. How can a FHC seat on a matter that a court of coordinate jurisdiction has dealt with.
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by tibaonnet: 8:07am On Jul 29, 2016
This PDP will never learn o. Thought they said they have repented? Why do they still find it hard to respect courts orders when the orders are against them? Impunity is embedded in their DNA.
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by MadamExcellency: 8:17am On Jul 29, 2016
mrphysics:
PDP accused buhari of going against court rulings, are they planning to do same??

Justice Okon Abang is doing the right thing. We must set things right and it's now.

I don't even know why some youths come in here to defend the very people that kept us where we are today. If they have no confidence on Justice Okon Abang, why then did they have a lawyer and even go to the extent of making several prayers and even defending themselves. when judgement didn't favour them, they call Okon Abang names.

What happened when Olisa Metu requested that Justice OKon Abang disqualify himself on account of several allegations and distrust Olisa Metu had on him and allow his case to be assigned to different Judge? He insisted on continuing with the case notwithstanding the obvious truth.

His records are enough testimonies against his crass recklessness and stubbornness.

2 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by july66: 8:22am On Jul 29, 2016
dotcomnamename:

[size=15pt]Exactly my thought.

If na APC talk this, heeeeeyyyy the mumu wailers go begin dey shout APC & Buhari are Dictators cos dem no obey court order. Smh [/size]
Tyrants have a penchant for manipulating the judiciary & disobeying court judgements. Find out how they used them against the june 12 presidential elections in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by maestroferddi: 8:24am On Jul 29, 2016
The PDP are doing anything wrong on this one.

Maintain the status quo ante until a superior court rules on two conflicting rulings by two courts of coordinate and competent jurisdiction.

2 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by menxer: 8:25am On Jul 29, 2016
The "Apostles of Impunity" speaketh.
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Flyingngel(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=angels09 post=47982416]
He's not qualified for such elevation.

Guy this is Nigeria, when d power that b says u r moving ahead nothing will stop u. A case study of Mary Odili who move in a span of 7years to supreme court.
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by july66: 8:34am On Jul 29, 2016
tibaonnet:
This PDP will never learn o. Thought they said they have repented? Why do they still find it hard to respect courts orders when the orders are against them? Impunity is embedded in their DNA.
read between the lines. Which court order? All the judgements are from court of coordinate jurisdiction. Are they to pay for chaos in the judiciary? I think the judiciary should put their house in order. They are causing confusion in the land. Sheriff should appeal the Portharcourt judgement in the court of Appeal & not going back to a court of coordinate jurisdiction because they know this particular judge can be used by them.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Iyoma2(f): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2016
NextGovernor:
APC fully knows they can't fulfil 1% of there campaign promises and PDP might likely give them tough time next election. They are planning and cohorting all means to kill opposition. They are also afraid of upcoming Edo and Ondo elections.... I have never seen such a democratic rule like this under APC. EFCC and DSS will arrest, disobey court orders and nothing will happen, Executives doesn't respect the legislative and judiciary arms and judiciary court of the common man is been twisted to there own favour... The PDP we once claimed wasn't good didn't do all these ooooo..... And just 1 and half years in office all these are happening

To me, this is a Pseudo-Democratic regime.
They will fail in whatever evil they are planning.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:45am On Jul 29, 2016
Zakkyoz:
I have no pity for PDP. This is just a rip off of their mismanagement and recklessness of 16 years reign of impunity in Nigeria
We are tired of hearing pdp ruined Nigeria for 16yrs,was Nigeria like USA before Pdp came in 1999?

2 Likes

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by murphyibiam15(m): 8:48am On Jul 29, 2016
Basilsekav:
so are you guys telling me now that PDP no longer adhere to court rulings? Had it been it's Buhari or Efcc you guys could have said it's impunity to ignore court ruling. Anyway how market?
calm down bros...no need to be sentimental..a contemporary high court which has the same jurisdiction as justice okon Abang's court in Abuja ; Lagos and PH had already given injunction that sheriff no longer be the PDP chairman and thats the judgment PDP is relying on...remember the Nigerian judicial council had already said for a case already entertained by court of equal jurisdiction , no other court with same powers should hear the same case....thats exactly what happened.

so what PDP just need to do is apply for stay of execution and then appeal the case... cool
Basilsekav:
so are you guys telling me now that PDP no longer adhere to court rulings? Had it been it's Buhari or Efcc you guys could have said it's impunity to ignore court ruling. Anyway how market?
calm down bros...no need to be sentimental..a contemporary high court which has the same jurisdiction as justice okon Abang's court in Abuja ; Lagos and PH had already given injunction that sheriff no longer be the PDP chairman and thats the judgment PDP is relying on...remember the Nigerian judicial council had already said for a case already entertained by court of equal jurisdiction , no other court with same powers should hear the same case....thats exactly what happened.

so what PDP just need to do is apply for stay of execution and then appeal the case...

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Realist2: 9:12am On Jul 29, 2016
Flyingngel:
Am ashame that this man is from my state. Hw could he b d only judge giving controversial Judgements. Now that some politicians are using his head to play ludo, he will not think twice. I knw what brought all this nonsense, may b he has been promise elevation to d Court of Appeal.

I,m ashamed too, Abang is a bad egg from our state. He has only murdered his career, he,s being used and dump , this is the last time we will be hearing about him as no ones will want his case assign to him being a partisan judge.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 29, 2016
grin grin grin

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by ShineuEye: 9:19am On Jul 29, 2016
The convention must hold whether Bubu likes it or not.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by OAUTemitayo: 9:26am On Jul 29, 2016
ITbomb:
I just dont understand what is wrong with Abang, the judiciary had earlier warned about court ruling in matters that had already been handled by a contemporary court.

After any of the high Court had ruled, the only valid judgment should be that of an Appeal court. The Chief Justice said something about this earlier, I hope the judicial council can step into this matter
Hypocrisy won't let you admit to the fact that it was Justice Abang that first gave a judgement on the issue.
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by EGWUKWU: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2016
WHO IS SHERIF, HE SHOULD GO AND SIT DOWN.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by PhockPhockMan: 9:31am On Jul 29, 2016
dotcomnamename:

[size=15pt]Exactly my thought.

If na APC talk this, heeeeeyyyy the mumu wailers go begin dey shout APC & Buhari are Dictators cos dem no obey court order. Smh [/size]
I know illiteracy won't allow you to read up to this stage.

However, the Party is law abiding and therefore, will apply for Stay of Execution of this Order and also Appeal it.
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Flyingngel(m): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=Realist2 post=47989119]

I,m ashamed too, Abang is a bad egg from our state. He has only murdered his career, he,s being used and dump , this is the last time we will be hearing about him as no ones will want his case assign to him being a partisan judge.

I totally agree with u.

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by nzemila(m): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Nice reply.The convention will go on.I also think its high time the NJC applies the sledge hammer on the injustice okon abang.His infractions are becomming one too many.

when a PDP member will be trap in EFCC, you will start demanding for court order that you dont believe on. am still watching
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by stinggy(m): 10:16am On Jul 29, 2016
cktheluckyman:

We have gone past that already two FHCs in Abuja and Lagos has already nullified sherriff's election. If he wants to reverse it he can appeal.
And you're not aware Sheriff has 2 FHCs orders restraining the faulty Caretaker committee too? The score is 2-2.
The reasonale thing is to elevate the case to Appeal court otherwise, the STATUS QUO remains! What's the status quo in this case? Sheriff remains Chairman backed by the NWC which is the highest decision-making body of a political party, not a gathering of some governors who want to force their way through, doing so lawlessly btw.
If they are wise at all, efforts should be directed towards a peaceful reconciliation with the NWC camp and not annoucing plans for any convention. Sheriff is no fool, He has made selfless sacrifices to save the party financially and otherwise.
Where were the likes of Makarfi when Wadata workers were owed salaries?

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by stenmikas(m): 10:50am On Jul 29, 2016
The people who don't obey court orders...are these the set of leaders we want in power?
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by cktheluckyman: 11:02am On Jul 29, 2016
nzemila:

when a PDP member will be trap in EFCC, you will start demanding for court order that you dont believe on. am still watching

Continue watching the convention will proceed as planned.That is the order of a valid high court

1 Like

Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by dadaijboy: 11:20am On Jul 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Pidggin(f): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
God bless PDP, I just love this party.

Justice Abang is a disgrace to the Judiciary, his actions show that he is fantastically corrupt.
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by bamite(m): 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
kgr8mike:
Believe me the career of this Okon Abang has finally nosedived. Unfortunately also his place in history will remain controversial. I don't think his name will be numbered in the book of Nigerian legal heroes.

Okon Abang you have murdered justice, and you know what?

The blood of justice cries in the field.
funny post.. Lol
Re: Court Order Or Not, Our National Convention Will Still Hold - PDP by Ikpewe: 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
What will PDP call the supreme court judgments concerning Akwa Ibom and River States?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Didn’t Print ₦60 Billion - National Economic Council (NEC) / Kwankwaso Will Inherit Buhari’s 12 Million Votes & More – Abubakar Yesufu / Zamfara Council Of Chiefs, Ulama, District Heads, Village Heads Endorse Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.