Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,353 members, 7,850,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:46 PM

A Promise From Nigerioa Police Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Promise From Nigerioa Police Boss (616 Views)

Acting Police IG, Solomon Arase, Senior To Outgoing Police Boss, Suleiman Abba / New Police Boss For Nasarawa After Killings / Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Promise From Nigerioa Police Boss by uncleb(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
Below is an excerpt from a speech by the Nigeria the Police boss.

"unscrupulous police officers would no longer have a place in the force. Onovo disclosed that a three-point agenda, — capacity building, adequate welfare package and intelligence-led policing — was being put in place to ensure that the Nigeria Police competed favourably with other police in the world"

I wonder what our leaders think of us"NIGERIANS". We have bunch of empty promises everyday.

The Yoruba people have a saying that "Omo ti yoo je asamu, kekere ni yoo ti ma jenu samu samu" meaning that whatever a child will be you get to know from his foundational days. And I ask, what major reformation can Oovo boast to have brought into the force since he assumed office?

"Our friends" (POLICE) are still busy extorting money from motorists, harrassing and molesting civilians is still the order of the day. Just a couple of days ago, we watch a police officer vandalising a motor car at Ikeja (just because the guy didnt park well) and ironically at thesame spot a fellow nigerian was dispossed of his laptop.

I cant forget an encounter with these devils in security uniform a couple of months ago, where i was beaten mercilessly leading to a dislocation at my right shoulder.
I couldnt believe my ears the comments about NPF by doctors in government hospital and I wept seriously for this nation.

http://tribune.com.ng/18092009/news/news3.html
Re: A Promise From Nigerioa Police Boss by Fhemmmy: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2009
I like this kinda food too tongue
Re: A Promise From Nigerioa Police Boss by CrazyMan(m): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2009
Oh!
Re: A Promise From Nigerioa Police Boss by mamagee6(f): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2009
*sighs*

(1) (Reply)

Asup Boss Faints / Tension In Bayelsa Over Inec Refusal To Declare Re-run Polls’ / Yar'adua Travels To Saudi Arabia To "open A New University" While Nigerian Univ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.