Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,110 members, 7,953,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

Buhari Sacks Heads Of NHIS, NACA, Three Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sacks Heads Of NHIS, NACA, Three Others (475 Views)

Aisha Alhassan: If Buhari Sacks Me For Supporting Atiku, I Will Not Be Bothered / Breaking: Buhari Sacks Heads Of Nigerian Aviation Agencies / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks Heads Of NHIS, NACA, Three Others by hilltop93(m): 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the removal of Chief Executives of five major parastatals in the nation's health sector.

According to the statement Ihekweazu is the Managing Partner of EpiAfric, a public health consultancy firm that focuses on Africa, while Aliyu is a Consultant in Microbiology and Infectious Diseases at Cambridge University, United Kingdom.

Salako is the Provost of the College of Medicine at the University of Ibadan; Ezemolue is a Professor of Paediatrics and Public Health at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA; while Yusuf is a Professor of Paediatrics at St. Jude Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, US. No reason was given for their removal in the statement issued by the Director of Press and Public Relations in Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Bolaji Adebiyi.

Sources said it may be connected to allegation by foreign donor agencies that funds were being diverted, particularly in the Federal Ministry of Health.

The Minister of Health Prof. Isaac Adewole said affected agency heads had not been sacked but "Replaced." "They have not been sacked, they have been replaced. So, you can quote me that government has decided to replace them, but they have not been sacked. They are five of them," he said.

I am sure that the President must have taken many things into consideration before approving the new changes.

" The Health Ministry and some of its agencies and departments have been accused by GAVI of diverting fun

(1) (Reply)

Today In Nigerian History:30th July - Timenaija / Obiano Issues Certificate Of Recognition To Two Monarchs In Anambra / FINALLY!! Court Permit Ekiti State Gov. Fayose’s Ally, Agbele, N500m Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.