Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP (10681 Views)

Makarfi Committee Collects N50m Monthly From Govs – PDP / Ali Modu-Sherrif Forceful Entry Into Party Secretariat Is Illegal - PDP / Court Declares PDP Caretaker Committee Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by owanedo: 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
2eggs1goal:

Mr will you shut up there, thats my personal opinion, you can as well give yours since you have something upstairs without mentioning me.
Or you need my comment to express yourself. Ode
and that personal opinion just exposes your foolishness.
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by 2eggs1goal: 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
owanedo:
and that personal opinion just exposes your foolishness.
See this low life calling some one foolish, waiting for someone to comment so you can have a voice. You can aswell keep lickin my asss. Ode number 2.

2 Likes

Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by damon222: 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
counsellorwiser:
It is disgraceful that pdp has fallen apart just after one year away from the center of power. Everyone would quickly blame federal government for this endless crisis and implosion. Who wouldn't engineer a weakened disorganized opposition? Apc simply are taking dubious advantage of an obvious leadership vacuum and series tactical blunders in a headless party of selfish individuals. Disband it and create a new party.
No Nigwrian will allow Buhari with Bore Hole brain to disorganise our judiciary. Since this empty headed Buhari came into power, everything about Nigeria is strangely going up down. Tufukwa
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by southpole: 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
What do you expect from a party that is dominated by Biafrans?
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by focus7: 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
pdp with the spirit of lawlessness and illegality, always fighting and manipulating justice.
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by maestroferddi: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
counsellorwiser:
It is disgraceful that pdp has fallen apart just after one year away from the center of power. Everyone would quickly blame federal government for this endless crisis and implosion. Who wouldn't engineer a weakened disorganized opposition? Apc simply are taking dubious advantage of an obvious leadership vacuum and series tactical blunders in a headless party of selfish individuals. Disband it and create a new party.
Imagine the wretchedness of making a vacuous comment like the one you just made but ending up harvesting a paucity of "likes" as just did...
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by july66: 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
chie8:
LET’S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT BEING THE CONTENT OF PRESS CONFERENCE BY PRINCE ADEDAYO ADEYEYE MEMBER OF THE PDP NATIONAL CARETAKER COMMITTEE ON 29TH JULY, 2016

Ladies and Gentlemen of the press:

As you are aware yesterday 28th day of July, 2016, the case filed by Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff and 8 other Plaintiffs against the Peoples Democratic Party and the Independent National Electoral Commission i.e. Suit No: FHC/ABJ/CS/464/2016 came up before Hon. Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja Division.

The Plaintiffs filed an application to stop the National Convention slated for 17th August, 2016 at Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

When this matter came for hearing yesterday 28th July, 2016, Learned Senior Counsel Ferdinand Orbih, SAN who was briefed to represent the 2nd defendant, the Peoples Democratic Party announced appearance for the said 2nd Defendant PDP.

O.O. Fakunle, SAN also announced appearance for the PDP claiming to have been briefed by one Barr. Bashir Maidugu who is the 5th Plaintiff in the matter.

In addition, members of the National Caretaker Committee applied to be joined as Parties to the case. The application for joinder was filed by Yunus Ustaz Usman, SAN and Mr. Raji Ahmed, SAN.

That was the only application that was argued yesterday 28th July, 2016, and adjourned to 15th August, 2016 for ruling.

Now on the widely reported “ORDERS” purported to have been made by Hon. Justice Okon Abang, it is important to note the following:

a. The motion seeking to restrain the PDP from conducting the proposed 17th August, 2016 National Convention has not been heard by the Court and no date has been fixed for the hearing of same.

b. What was before the Court yesterday was the issue of who is the authentic legal Counsel for the PDP as between Ferdinand Orbih, SAN and O.O. Fakunle, SAN.

The Court in determining the question of Legal representation held that the appointment of O.O. Fakunle, SAN by Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff was acceptable to the Court.

It must be emphasized that at no stage did the Hon. Judge set aside the judgment of Justice A.M. Liman of the Port Harcourt Division of the Federal High Court, which could have led to the dissolution of the National Caretaker Committee.
An Order validating Sheriff as National Chairman could not have arisen from the issue of proper legal representation.

For the avoidance of doubt, the portion of the ruling relating to this is herein- under reproduced:
“Though I have powers to nullify the decision of the Port Harcourt Division that recognized Makarfi Leadership, I will not do so because there is no application to that effect before me. I will, however allow the Court of Appeal to do justice to that”

This is necessary because proceedings of Courts of Law should not be subject of subjective manipulation. We are a law abiding Committee and will always continue to operate within the ambit of the law.

It is not possible in Law that a Judge of a Court of record will acknowledge the existence of a valid judgment and proceed to make the kind of Orders purportedly attributed to him.

Ladies and Gentlemen; it should be very clear to you now that the ruling of yesterday did not at any point hand over the Leadership of PDP to Sen. Ali Modu sheriff, it did not declare the Sen. Makarfi led Caretaker Committee illegal and did not stop the proposed 17th August, 2016 National Convention.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/court-did-not-declare-sheriff-pdp.html
Quoting Abang “Though I have powers to nullify the decision of the Port Harcourt Division that recognized Makarfi Leadership, I will not do so because there is no application to that effect before me. I will, however allow the Court of Appeal to do justice to that”. I am confused here. Does a Judge of the Federal High Court have powers to nullify the decision of another court of coordinate jurisdiction? Educate me please based on Abang's rhetoric above.
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by jrusky(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
But why dd the PDP allow Sheriff to gain this so much access to their party This is outrageous and disgraceful indeed. By the way there is no court in any where to impose leadership on a party or people please its not done and by the way I was shock that people like Olisah Metuh are in Sheriff camp what a shame, Olisa that has yet to finalized his case in court on corruption still going out to participate or joining a camp of a terrorist sponsorer called Sheriff this is unbelievable I now realized some people will never learn in a soft way.

Iyamu was chosen in Edo and they knew Iyamu will pull string on them they went up and plan with the judge to remove Makhaffi so Iyamu will not contest in the election and yet PDP refused to get the message of APC and tidy up their houses and live in peace this is bad. This is why people see APC as master in manipulation, liars and smartest criminals on earth. This was how Gej and PDP fell foolshly to APC chant for voters card reader knowing fully well they(APC) are already doing cloning job and APC still ends up pressuring Gej to allocated the card reader contract to Buhari associate what a master game and yet PDP are still sleeping and slumbering fighting upon fighting.

PDP wake up tell Sheriff to leave your party he is not qualify for the post of Councillor talkless of National party his personality has a question mark.
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by counsellorwiser(m): 8:06am On Aug 01, 2016
maestroferddi:
Imagine the wretchedness of making a vacuous comment like the one you just made but ending up harvesting a paucity of "likes" as just did...

So your real life self-esteem depends on Nairaland hollow 'likes'? You've got a defective personality for sure. Sound point isn't for pedestrian brains. cheesy
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by counsellorwiser(m): 8:12am On Aug 01, 2016
Pidggin:

Must you post? Falling apart indeed. Wait till they take over in 2019

Takeover with headless leadership and heavily weakened centre point? Not a party worshipper though, however dreams cost nothing. Dream on.
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by maestroferddi: 8:17am On Aug 01, 2016
counsellorwiser:

So your real life self-esteem depends on Nairaland hollow 'likes'? You've got a defective personality for sure. Sound point isn't for pedestrian brains. cheesy
I will not be wasting a further second honouring your drivels with a rejoinder...
Re: Court Didn't Declare Sheriff PDP Chairman Or Makarfi Committee Illegal: PDP by counsellorwiser(m): 8:34am On Aug 01, 2016
maestroferddi:
I will not be wasting a further second honouring your drivels with a rejoinder...

People of little personality cower behind grandiloquence when meaningful thoughts fail them. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy Is Bright – Lai Mohammed / Buhari Should Forget About $29.9bn Loan & Go After Looted Funds – Femi Falana / Crude Oil: NNPC Account In Red As Petrol Landing Cost Nears N180/litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.