Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana (1078 Views)

I Rejected Biafra With Only 5 Igbo States, I Want Rivers, Benue Too– Nnamdi Kanu / When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by politicalcritik: 1:58am On Jul 30, 2016
Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), says he once rejected a bribe of £1m from a governor he did not name. The EFCC Alert, a monthly magazine, quoted Falana as saying this at an anti-corruption workshop in Abuja recently.

Falana said the governor told him to help him launder the money to another country but he rejected the offer.

Falana said he was stunned when the governor told him that he had chosen him for the shady deal saying “nobody will suspect you.”

“I told him, Your Excellency, so it is my reputation that you want to buy with your £1m.”

The senior advocate said some of his colleagues accepted to launder the funds for the governor but were caught and exposed.

“Those who accepted the offer later found themselves in trouble as they were arrested and humiliated. They were only lucky not to have been charged,” Falana added.

Falana said it was unfortunate that lawyers had become tools of money laundering.

He expressed displeasure with the ruling of Justice Gabriel Kolawole of a Federal High Court in Abuja who held that Section 5 of the Money Laundering (Prohibitions) Act 2011 could not be applied to lawyers.

The judge in the ruling restrained the Federal Government, the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Special Control Unit against Money Laundering from enforcing the section as it relates to legal practitioners.

The ruling came despite the fact that the Act categorised legal firms as Designated Non-Financial Institutions mandated to record all transactions and forward to the Federal Ministry of Commerce for onward delivery to the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit.

Falana, however, urged lawyers not to rely on the ruling as it would not stand the test of time.
http://www.politicalcritics.com.ng/index.php/2016/07/30/rejected-1m-bribe-governor-femi-falana/

1 Like

Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by tolam4skywd(m): 2:06am On Jul 30, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by Firstlieutenant(m): 2:12am On Jul 30, 2016
Mention the governors name, if you've got any balls in your scrotum

2 Likes

Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by politicalcritik: 2:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Firstlieutenant:
Mention the governors name, if you've got any balls in your scrotum

He wants to respect the ex-Gov. If there was any. Moreover it will be silly mentioning the name because the person in question will definitely deny the claims. Proving it will pose a difficult problem since there wasn't any document to prove it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by Holyman3(m): 4:45am On Jul 30, 2016
politicalcritik:

He wants to respect the ex-Gov. If there was any. Moreover it will be silly mentioning the name because the person in question will definitely deny the claims. Proving it will pose a difficult problem since there wasn't any document to prove it.

The only respect a thief deserves is to expose him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by JossyOloye(m): 5:44am On Jul 30, 2016
politicalcritik:

You sabi the process

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by Histrings08(m): 5:47am On Jul 30, 2016
Haaaaa... Where did he get that huge kind of money
Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by otukpo(f): 5:53am On Jul 30, 2016
U will like to hear the name of the governor.
Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by Theultimate(m): 6:24am On Jul 30, 2016
These SAN people ehn! they talk too much. They always find one or two histories to back up their lectures and speeches.
The same way our pastors can't preach without supplementary stories.
Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by IstandWitBuhari: 6:36am On Jul 30, 2016
It will be easier for Remi Tinubu to give Dino melaye BJ than for this lunatic to reject bribe money.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by hilltop93(m): 6:58am On Jul 30, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
It will be easier for Remi Tinubu to give Dino melaye BJ than for this lunatic to reject bribe money.

Lmao wink
You reminded me this Gospel passage.
Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by hilltop93(m): 7:00am On Jul 30, 2016
otukpo:
U will like to hear the name of the governor.

Yes. You have any idea?
Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by hilltop93(m): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2016
Theultimate:
These SAN people ehn! they talk too much. They always find one or two histories to back up their lectures and speeches.
The same way our pastors can't preach without supplementary stories.
Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by Mimisboygreat: 7:21am On Jul 30, 2016
Who ask am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by hilltop93(m): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2016
Mimisboygreat:
Who ask am?

As usual, that is the nature of the job, he can't stop, like a preacher can't preach effectively without telling us some testimonies.
Just as preachers garnish their sermons with testimonies (whether true/false) so will they continue saying things.
Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by Mimisboygreat: 7:35am On Jul 30, 2016
hilltop93:

As usual, that is the nature of the job, he can't stop, like a preacher can't preach effectively without telling us some testimonies.
Just as preachers garnish their sermons with testimonies (whether true/false) so will they continue saying things.
I see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by hilltop93(m): 11:48am On Jul 30, 2016
Histrings08:
Haaaaa... Where did he get that huge kind of money

If you ask me... Na who I go ask.......?
Re: I Rejected £1m Bribe From A Governor -femi Falana by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
September is just by the corner, the judiciary will resume soon and FFK would be sent back to prison,then you'd become a 'pastor' back

Nonsense!!!

If PDP, with its 16 years of unprecedented wastefulness could not disintegrate Nigeria, APC will and can never!!!

(1) (Reply)

Flash Back: 2013 Okonjo-iwealer Prediction Of Recession / President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. / Breaking News! Nnamdi Kanu Granted Bail Just Now. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.