Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,778 members, 7,813,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. (1077 Views)

Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech – Junaid Mohammed / "Buhari Lied Against Jonathan On Christmas Day" - Reno Omokri / Lere Olayinka: Buhari's Lied As His Classmates Visit Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday explained how and why Nigeria got into trouble.

The president blamed the country's woes the failure of his predecessors, from 1999 to 2015, to save for the rainy days .

He was in New York addressing top rate Nigeria professionals in the United States of America, whom Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Diaspora Matters and International Relations, described as "15 of the best people God ever created."

However, what was clearly a blame game turned out to become a blatant lie when he said there was no Railways before taking over as President in 2015.

Here is an excerpt from his statement:

“I asked; where are the savings? There were none. Where are the railways? The roads? Power? None. I further asked; what did we do with billions of dollars that we made over the years? They said we bought food. Food with billions of dollars? I did not believe, and still do not believe.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/looters-recruited-n-delta-militants-against-us-buhari/163605.html#FGM6qzFfWOVh502u.99

But in July, 2016.

Three months ago President Buhari commissioned the completion of a railway project, the Abuja-Kaduna train services which was conceived by the previous administration.

The President said: “I am delighted to be here today to commission Abuja-Kaduna rail track and flag off the Abuja-Kaduna train services (Passengers & Freight) on Nigeria’s first ever Standard Gauge Rail track to go into operation.

‘’This project was conceived by a previous administration, started by the last government and I am pleased to complete and commission it."

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/train-services-good-old-days-back-nigeria-buhari-2/

Why would President Buhari now claim there were no Railways?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by eyeview: 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2016
The criteria for membership in APC is the ability to lie without batting an eyelid.
They sometimes forget that we all are not zombies they use their head anytime they desire

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by deji68: 10:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
how will he remember?....someone else did the hard part, he only did the commissioning cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by preetypam(f): 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
he only reads what is being written for him

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by alatbaba1(m): 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
how you want him to remember
Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by obailala(m): 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
Sometimes one wonders whether it is lack of English comprehension or if its just lack of common sense.

Very soon if someone says Nigeria has no light (power), someone would open a thread to question the statement by claiming he had light in his house last week. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by richidinho(m): 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
grin grin
This reminds me of tonyebarcanister articles before he became full APC member after the election.

Very straight and educative

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by princemillla(m): 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pratically he was right bout the rail. The one he commissioned was started by Gej, but did he finish the payment? No. So he may be right In his assertions
Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by HtwoOw: 8:48am On Sep 24, 2016
Where's the rails ?? You mean the 1970 era trains that were painted Green and yELLOW under Transformation Agenda fraud ??

Dabullit and Barcanista used to fight over this topic , there's pictures everywhere of refurbished trains , they are not new , have you heard delivery of trains anywhere ? abi ??

Make i no talk before them bombard me with stupid mentions

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by Adminisher: 9:24am On Sep 24, 2016
He actually did not meet it running

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by Paperwhite(m): 10:42am On Sep 24, 2016
That is why a life of lies is not easy to live. One keeps on lying that you never know when a lie is told to cover another lie.Buhari will one day denied that he never led this country

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by BigIyanga: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2016
And most importantly, he made it seem like Naija was paradise in GMB, IBB and Abachs years. Our refineries were run down under Abacha, his boss, who made him chairman of PTF. He and Abacha introduced refining our crude oil overseas and importing it! They started round tripping with our oil!!
Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by papaejima1: 11:02am On Sep 24, 2016
It is probably a mental illness.
"Old age will limit my performance"- Buhari

So it is common for old people to become forgetful as they age.
Let's not count it against him.
We know he also performs best orally while outside the country.
Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by kutchs: 11:16am On Sep 24, 2016
obailala:
Sometimes one wonders whether it is lack of English comprehension or if its just lack of common sense.

Very soon if someone says Nigeria has no light (power), someone would open a thread to question the statement by claiming he had light in his house last week. undecided
What will it cost Buhari to give Jonathan some credit?
The dullard makes people believe Jonathan did nothing in all his 5 years, why not acknowledge the good he did and lampoon him for the bad he did?
Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by obailala(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2016
kutchs:

What will it cost Buhari to give Jonathan some credit?
The dullard makes people believe Jonathan did nothing in all his 5 years, why not acknowledge the good he did and lampoon him for the bad he did?
It's not just a Jonathan thing, and it shouldnt really be a buhari vs gej matter... this is an issue of successive past governments. Does Nigeria have an efficient, funtional rail system?... The answer is simply NO! Same way if I'm asked if we have power in Nigeria, my response would be NO!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:03am On Sep 25, 2016
obailala:
It's not just a Jonathan thing, and it shouldnt really be a buhari vs gej matter... this is an issue of successive past governments. Does Nigeria have an efficient, funtional rail system?... The answer is simply NO! Same way if I'm asked if we have power in Nigeria, my response would be NO!

Would you say there was power in Buhari's first tenure as head of state? So if your exertions were to totally condemn then Buhari wouldn't be left behind because this same issue of no Power and no Railways based on your perspective will continue long after Buhari leaves office.

Buhari did not instruct Jonathan to start the Railways project, there would have been no Railways for Buhari to commission if Jonathan hadn't started it.

Give credit to whom credit is due and don't condemn out of hate?... there is no Superman leader and neither is your Buhari one.
Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by blackpanda: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2016
KingOfAmebo:

Would you say there was power in Buhari's first tenure as head of state? So if your exertions were to totally condemn then Buhari wouldn't be left behind because this same issue of no Power and no Railways based on your perspective will continue long after Buhari leaves office.

Buhari did not instruct Jonathan to start the Railways project, there would have been no Railways for Buhari to commission if Jonathan hadn't started it.

Give credit to whom credit is due and don't condemn out of hate?... there is no Superman leader and neither is your Buhari one.

Seems u just cant get over this Buhari-Jonathan argument. Fact is Nigeria has no efficient reliable train system. So grow up and get over ur bias. Its not about personality, but fact!
Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by blackpanda: 11:25am On Sep 25, 2016
OPp sorry but I think u simply lack the ability to comprehend simple statements. Nigeria has no functioning reliable train system. This is fact! The abuja-kaduna rail gulpped sown trillions which found their way into private pockets. We had an all time high of oil profits under the past regimes with nothing to show for it. Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Lied About No Railways And Forgot He Commissioned One Recently. by basingstoke: 11:31am On Sep 25, 2016
Such a fool

(1) (Reply)

10 Things You Should Know About Ondo Governor-elect, Rotimi Akeredolu / Fayose Mocks Buhari For Not Being Invited To Trump’s Inauguration / A Nairalander Is Willing To Contest For The 2019 Presidency.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.