Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception (963 Views)

“Pastor Says Any Sex Position Apart From Missionary Style Is A Sin” – Lady / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by alfarouq(m): 2:16am On Jul 30, 2016
There was an apostle, who wrote an epistle,
strange faith did he jostle, and scriptures entwistle.
His doctrines pentacostal, made GOD's people bristle,
and blapshemy collosal, led to his dismissal.
Apostle, epistle, collossal, dismissal,
His writings bescissel, make faith so afissile.

GOD created man in his image.
Then the Christians came along and recreated GOD in man's image.
Anonymous

Quite a number of the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) wish they could Turn you (people) back to infidelity after ye have believed, from selfish envy, after the Truth hath become Manifest unto them: But forgive and overlook, Till Allah brings about His command; for Allah Hath power over all things. (Qur'an Surah Al-Baqarah 2:109)

In the annals of religious history, Paul happens to be a surprise. Why?, he is the only figure to admit to lying and strangely enough, justifying it as well. When the prophets clearly condemned this evil habit, Paul glorified it, and put a new meaning to the ends will justify the means.
During the ministry of Jesus, Saul (Paul) was a dedicated member of a powerful, exclusive Jewish sect called Pharisees (ACTS 26:5). Their pretensions to sanctity had labelled them as hypocrites. When these overbearing vainglorious Jews confronted Jesus, he called them:

"You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."
John 8:44

Saul, a zealous persecutor of the devoted disciples of Christ, became the first Christian missionary and an Apostle to the Gentiles after converting himself to Christianity by a "vision", which he claims he had, while on the road to Damascus. The missionary changed his name from Saul to Paul and became the biggest contributor to the Books of the New Testament. From the above verse, Jesus like many of his predecessors condemned lying, deceit and hypocrisy. Lying is condemned several times throughout the Bible, and deceit by its own nature, is sinful and can only lead to hazardous consequences. What does Peter say in regards to guile (which means cunning, deceit, trickery, treachery)

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that speak no guile
1 PETER 3:12

The verse speaks for itself. One of the factors that hinder mans success in this world and eternal life in the hereafter, is the use of guile. But on his own admittance, what does Paul say?:

But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless being crafty, I CAUGHT YOU WITH GUILE
2 CORINTHIANS 12:16

On his own admission, Paul is saying that he uses deception in his modus operandi. In all the new versions of the Bible, the more common term of deceit is replaced instead. This statement is made long after his conversion to Christianity, in the phase when he supposed to be blessed and righteous, and most importantly of all, being guided by Christ.

For our exhortation [was] not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
1 Thessalonians 2:3

Paul now speaks with two tongues, guile he can

But what I do, that will I do, that I may cut off occasion from those which desire occasion;...
2 CORINTHIANS 11:13

In the New Revised Standard Version, the verse reads in order to deny an opportunity to those who want an opportunity to be recognized as our equals.. He can't be any clearer or succinct, If any other Christian group tries to rival Pauls mission, he will seek to utilise means of destroying any opportunity that may arise for his opponents. This goes completely against the morals from what we know of Jesus and the Prophets of age. If Paul believed he had the truth, there would be no need to play games and power struggles, as the truth will always prevail in the end. The use of deceit and craftiness is the mark of the insecure and paranoid, not so certain that his own faith is correct, he had more hope in his will and ways prevailing, rather than the truth of the message of Christ.

For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them under the Law, that I might gain them that are under the Law;
To them that are without the law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ) that I might gain them that are under the law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
I CORINTHIANS 9:19-22

What better illustration of hypocrisy could be given. For the sake of the truth, Paul will use all means of deceit, insincerity, ruse etc in order to gain more followers. Just like his successors today, the missionaries put on a face of every ethnic race. You can see them at many of their websites, to the Muslims; they put themselves under the guise of WORLD VISION and other aid programs, and when they inject the needle, they also try to inject the needle of Christianity along side it. To the Jewish people, the Christian missionaries love Jews, Israel and Zionism (one point that they could never mention to the Muslims), bagels and Seinfeld. This love becomes so much that its insincere face starts to show.

It is the wish of a section of the People of the Book to lead you astray. But they shall lead astray (Not you), but themselves, and they do not perceive!
Sura Al-Imran 3.69

For if the truth of God, hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory: why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
ROMANS 3:7

Even though Paul admits to lying (like he has in many other places), never how much he tries to defend his actions, the rational spiritual mind will never accept it. Lying is at the root of falsehood, the very element that is completely opposed to truth. The truth is a means to an end. If a Muslim wanted to build a Mosque and he required funding to do so; there are several ways he could go about it. If he decided to rob a bank and used the stolen cash to build the Masjid, all his efforts will be in vain. Allah will never accept it from him, even though the man did it for Allah's sake. The fact is that the ends don't justify the means, to get to paradise, you must choose the road that leads to paradise. And deceit is definitely not on that road.

Cursed [be] he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, ...
Jeremiah 48:10
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by alfarouq(m): 2:18am On Jul 30, 2016
ON THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS

The turning point in the life of Paul happens to be his crucial trip from Jerusalem to Damascus. Many would agree that if Paul did see a vision of of Christ, it would leave an undeniable imprint in his mind. And the fact that this is supposedly recorded in the "Book of God", their should be consistency in the way the incident is narrated. As God is not the author of confusion.

NARRATION 1
And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
ACTS 9:3-7
NARRATION 2
And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
And I said, What shall I do, LORD? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
ACTS 22:6-10
NARRATION 3
Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,
At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
ACTS 26:12-20

DISCREPANCIES IN THE NARRATIONS
In the first we have a record of Paul's men, hearing a voice and seeing no man (ie Jesus). In the second narration, we have Paul claiming that the men saw Jesus, but did not hear a voice. The possibility of Paul manipulating this "event" is clearly revealed in the second narration, we have Paul defending himself before the Hebrew counsel, and twisting the point that his companions saw a light, but did not hear the voice; apperantly adds more credibility to his phenomenal vision. As a voice could be anyones voice for what the Jews care. Yes there is a contradiction, but from what we have seen from the character of Paul, it should not come as a surprise. In the third narration, he omits any mention of the specific incident.

The first and second narration are consistent when it comes to claiming only he fell to the ground when he saw the light. In the third narration, he claims he and his companions fell down. Why the change of retrospect, given the fact that Paul was defending himself in the third narration at the Court of King Agrippa, dramatising the vision by claiming all his men fell to the earth highlighted the desire to show the great impact this event had not just on his life, but those who were in his presence.

What clearly reveals the flaw-ness of his vision, is that in the third narration when addressing King Agrippa and his Gentile court. He makes the claim that in his vision, Jesus told him that he will be Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee. So in effect, Paul is claiming that Jesus sent him to the Gentiles, (possibly in order placate the crowd present). And in the second narration to the Jews, he brings absolutely no mention of this "I'am sending you to the Gentiles" alleged statement that Jesus told him. Why not?, the obvious answer lies in the respective audience being addressed.

In a Court of Law, such contradictory evidence would be held suspect and hence dismissed or cross-examined.

Back to the specific issue of whether the disciples heard the voice or not. The Apologisers for the New Testament, as well as the NIV bible, have tried to cover up the contradiction between Acts 9:7 and 22:9 by translating Acts 9:7, "akouontes men tes phones" (literally "they heard the voice", but, skewing the words of Acts 22:9, "phonen ouk hakousan" (literally, "they did not hear the voice"wink into, "they did not understand the voice".

And, according to Luke's own report of Paul, Paul was well familiar with better words for "understanding". In Acts 28:26,
Paul says,

"In hearing, you shall hear but not understand."

The Greek work he uses for "understand" is syniete. He also uses the word in Rom 3:11, 15:21, 2 Cor 10:12, and Eph
5:17. Luke also uses this word frequently, Luke 2:50, 8:10 (when Jesus is allegedly concealing his meaning from
folks), Luke 18:34, 24:45, and Acts 28:27 to indicate a lack of understanding. So, if Paul (or Luke) had meant that
Paul's companions heard the voice but did not understand it, they could have easily chosen to use "syniete" instead, so
that there would have been no question of contradiction in testimony. You'd think this would be important. Could it be possible that Paul fell victim to his own theory

...For Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2 CORINTHIANS 11:14

Regardless of the voice his campanions heard (and did not hear), there is the issue of the big light that persuaded Paul.
Even before he is told who his Big Light is, Paul addresses it as "lord" (which tends to make the whole account sound rather
contrived). But, Paul already recognises an "Angel of Light" as Satan (see 2 Cor 11:14 above). And, in fact, an Angel of Light is
identified in Isaiah 14:12 as Tyre the Morning Star, who is the enemy of GOD fallen from heaven for claiming to ascend to
heaven (Tyre is often seen as representative of Satan). So, for Paul to immediately call a Big Light his "lord" is quite telling.
Incidentally, St. John's version of Jesus calls himself the Morning Star (Rev 22:16). And, it is interesting in light (excuse the
pun) of the fact that the "ascending" imagery in Isaiah 14:12 also closely resembles the "ascending Jesus" of St. Paul's
doctrine. It just leaves wondering, and what is one to make out of this.

It is too much of a paradox, because the verse prior to the one above (in which he refers to his rivals as discussed earlier). Paul states

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the Apostles of Christ.

The saint (?) is accusing others of being deceitful while he himself, not only practices deceit, but admits to it as well as takes pride in it. According to this strange mentality, he thinks he can beautify the word "deceit", and expect everyone to buy into it. The term deceit does not having opposing definitions, i.e., a positive connotation for Paul and a negative one for his competitors.

Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a lie against Allah, or saith, "I have received inspiration," when he hath received none, or (again) who saith, "I can reveal the like of what Allah hath revealed"? If thou couldst but see how the wicked (do fare) in the flood of confusion at death! - the angels stretch forth their hands, (saying),"Yield up your souls: this day shall ye receive your reward,- a penalty of shame, for that ye used to tell lies against God, and scornfully to reject of His signs!"
Al -An'am 6.93

Yes folks, another surprise is awaiting. What does he do now, he rallies against those who practice deceit in the upcoming verses.

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
2 Corinthians 4:2

Their throat [is] an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps [is] under their lips:
Romans 3:13

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Romans 1:29

Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds
Colossians 3:9

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1 Timothy 4:2

So much for abiding by the "practice what you preach" motto. The whole Bible is full of such verses; to make sure Paul is not alone in this manner. His contemporaries speak

But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
James 3:14

I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1 John 2:21

If Paul has a difficult time applying such moral teachings to himself, he should take heed of what Christ's discpiles warned in the above. And also what the Old Testament, the books he is so fond of quoting when it suits his interests has to say.

Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
Psalms 5:6

His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue [is] mischief and vanity.
Psalms 10:7

Thou lovest all devouring words, O [thou] deceitful tongue.
Psalms 52:4

He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
Psalms 101:7

For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
Psalms 109:2

Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy statutes: for their deceit [is] falsehood.
Psalms 119:118

Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, [and] from a deceitful tongue.
Psalms 120:2

A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful [witness] speaketh lies.
Proverbs 14:25

Bread of deceit [is] sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.
Proverbs 20:17

Faithful [are] the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy [are] deceitful.
Proverbs 27:6

Mark 7:22
Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

Ecclesiasticus 27:25
Whoso casteth a stone on high casteth it on his own head; and a deceitful stroke shall make wounds.
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by alfarouq(m): 2:18am On Jul 30, 2016
PUTTING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE

Deception was not an uncommon tool of the Paulian church. At first, St. Paul considered deception (guile) and flattery to be inappropriate tools for his ministry. Paul grouped Guile with the evils of deceit and uncleanliness, denying to his Thessalonian church that he had used guile on them,

For our urgent request was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in Guile... For neither at any time used we flattering words, as you all know, nor a cloak of covetousness; God is witness: Nor did we seek glory from men, neither from you nor others, though perhaps we had burdened you...
1st Thessalonians 2:3-6

"Burdened you" is a euphamism, used often, for "asked you for money". And, as you will see below, after a few years, St. Paul used both flattery and guile in getting his Corinthian church to accept their "burden".

But, later, writing to the church at Corinth, Paul admits to them that he had used guile (trickery/deception), sending others (such as Titus) instead of himself (whom he knew some of them opposed) to motivate them into a generous state (2 Cor 8:6). How sending others amounted to trickery is not specifically stated... merely that it did. A very likely reason is this: It is known that there was dissent among those in the Corinthian church over which apostle to follow. Not everyone was loyal to St. Paul, or believed in his authority (for one of many examples, see 2 Cor 13:3). Thus, some Corinthians were reluctant to make donations to St. Paul, and he clearly wrote a great deal of the 2nd Corinthians Letter for the express purpose of convincing them of their obligation to give (voluntarily, of course). Whatever the case, Paul admits that he used guile, and associates it with his sending others to them to solicit donations.

For the third time I am planning to visit you; and I will not burden you. For I seek not what is yours (money), but you. For children ought not save up for the parents, but parents for the children. And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you... But be that as it may, I myself did not burden you. Rather, being crafty, I took you in with Guile. But, did I make a profit from you by those whom I sent to you? I chose Titus, and with him I sent a brother. Did Titus make a profit from you?... I fear that, when I arrive... there shall be arguments, jealousies, wraths, strifes, slanderings, whisperings, swellings, and tumults.
2nd Corinthians 12:14-20

Ironically, Paul is careful not to mention "beguilings" in his list here. As for flattering words, the entire Letter of 2nd Corinthians is absolutely dripping with phrases saying how proud Paul is of them, how he praises them and boasts of the generosity he expects to receive from them (see 2nd Cor 1:14, 7:4, 7:15, 8:24, 9:2). Paul tells them he has "godly" jealousies for them (2 Cor 11:2). The whole notion of psychological manipulation such as this reeks of guile. And, his boasting has purpose:

After flattering the Corinthians with his bragging of them, of their eagerness to give, Paul tries to play on their sense of pride and
embarrassment, playing them against the Macedonian church:

We want you to know about the gifts of God which was shown in the churches of Macedonia: Despite great trial of affliction, the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded in the wealth of their generosity. For they gave to their limit, I assure you, and were willing to give more than their means, and with much appeal they implored us that we accept the hospitality and gifts in ministry to the church leaders. ...So, we have urged Titus that he should secure from you this work of grace (giving) as he had already begun to do... See that you excel in this gracious work.
2 Cor 8:2-7

We hope that no one will object to the generous gifts that we are arranging... So, give proof, before the churches, of your love and of our boasting of you to these men.
2 Cor 8:20,24

For regarding the offering to the church leaders, it is unnecessary for me to motivate you. For I know the eagerness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia... Yet I had sent the others to you instead, for fear that our boasting of you should be unfounded in this respect (that, as I said, you all may be prepared (to give)), for fear that, if by chance some from Macedonia came with me and found you unprepared to give, we would be ashamed (we, and not you, no) due to this confident boasting.
2 Cor 9:1-4

Guile is certainly deception. Flattery is simply rather shameful. And they lend themselves nicely to each other. But, deception (especially for the sake of proselytising) was to lay the foundation of the European church. And the missionaries of today seem to have no qualms in utilising it. This will be looked at separately later on.

Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
PSALMS 32:2
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by DesChyko: 2:52am On Jul 30, 2016
That moment when you were just trying to read through and blast the OP but you realise that it's a long note you aren't going to read but will still blast the OP anyway.

4 Likes

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 30, 2016
I am the Way,the Truth n the Life,no one comes to the Father except through me....not through any other "prophet" or ur own efforts
FYI St Paul did not teach anything different from what Christ Himself thaught and even if u remove the entire epistles of St Paul off the Bible,God forbid!!the Truth remains as it is,Jesus died to save ur soul so quit disturbing urself

4 Likes

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by nelson16(m): 3:24am On Jul 30, 2016
A futile attempt to call white black. Even if an angel should descend to tell us anything different from the gospel we have, it will only be another futile attempt!

3 Likes

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by nosypat(m): 3:53am On Jul 30, 2016
Ok
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by nairalife2013(m): 3:57am On Jul 30, 2016
U need the holy ghost to understand some biblical statements and parables. The bible or its prophet can call the sky a home or a house and an overzealous endtime religious philosopher would board a jet up there only to find out after reaching the sun and getting burnt that the prophet and the bible were lying afterall! The bible is a powerful guidline composed by men. But God has given every man a natural powerful guideline too, so u can carry it along ALWays, yur conscience- Do the right thing;love all even yur enemies and be yur brother's keeper. I know things are tough in this world and the prophets in yur opinion are not helping matters and u are tired out longing for heaven: pls dont go and plugout yur eye cause d bible said u should do so...

2 Likes

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by terrezo2002(m): 4:36am On Jul 30, 2016
Op, please can you summarize this nonsense?

1 Like

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Blackfire(m): 5:05am On Jul 30, 2016
Paul the nemesis of the islamic world. The way the fear and hate this guy eh.

2 Likes

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 30, 2016
Another useless thread in here

Islam has no roots the Koran is just a plagiarized version of the Torah and the Holy Bible.....alfarouq give your life to Christ he's the only way to God.

1 Like

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by aaccountable1: 7:18am On Jul 30, 2016
Blackfire:
Paul the nemesis of the islamic world. The way the fear and hate this guy eh.

Paul teachings and defence of the gospel of grace fiercely opposes the legalistic and ritualist ceremonies of Islam.
Paul clearly thought the divinity of Christ
He is undoubtedly the greatest missionary that ever lived
if Muslims didn't hate him, I'd be surprised......

2 Likes

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by truthmans2012: 8:31am On Jul 30, 2016
Muslims know better than their god (allaah).

Paul had written all he wrote before Muhammad's so-called revelations, yet no mention of Paul as a liar by allaah. Or are you saying he didn't take note of him?

Besides, Paul's writings are a part of what allaah recommended to Muhammad, which he failed to do (Quran 10:94).
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Blackfire(m): 10:38am On Jul 30, 2016
aaccountable1:

Paul teachings and defence of the gospel of grace fiercely opposes the legalistic and ritualist ceremonies of Islam.
Paul clearly thought the divinity of Christ
He is undoubtedly the greatest missionary that ever lived
if Muslims didn't hate him, I'd be surprised......
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by jcross19: 10:40am On Jul 30, 2016
Going to two thousand years now still the work of saint paul is hurting the vices of darkness down wow !!!!!!!!! His epistle is a thorns to allah and allah followers skins.

2 Likes

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Scholar8200(m): 10:58am On Jul 30, 2016
While alive, he was attacked by hypocritical pharisees and failed religious leaders. After death he is still being attacked by modern day followers of both groups.
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Presbulg(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
smiley
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by ScienceWatch: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Insulting this Holy Prophet cant work !! It is a fear based approach to verifiable truth.

Thousands of Pastors of big churches world wide are panic stricken because the miraculous work done at The Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria cannot be done by them in their churches. These Pastors are afraid, very, very afraid of their future. They dont care for the future of their people, they dont care if their people dont get healed and delivered from thier suffering. These Pastors only want keep their sinful positions.
The truth is finally out ! It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.

The Holy Gospels show clearly how Jesus taught his apprentice Pastors, the training was to demonstrate the true love of God to all the people of this evil world. The Pastors have falsely blamed the peoples lack of faith for their "dead" church to shift the blame. All this is false. It is written : "Jesus healed them all." and the apprentice Pastors were train to heal them all. they did it all the time.
In the Holy Scoan Church, people of many different religions and belief systems are healed completely and medically verified.
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by ScienceWatch: 12:45am On Oct 19, 2016
Nice sounding augments can not dent the mind-blowing truth revealed about Jesus Christ as demonstrated in Scoan Nigeria. The modern scientifically verifiable evidence pouring out of Scoan Nigeria confirms the veracity of the holy gospels and ACTS. Therefore, it is foolish to even try to use Paul/Saul as a tool to reject the Holy Bible.

However, History is full of examples of men being used by the Almighty without human mentorship. This awe inspiring event is not isolated to the instance of The Holy Prophet TB Joshua. Thorough biblical exploration would reveal many of God’s generals with no record or register of human mentorship. Who was the mentor of Jeremiah, who the Bible says God called right from his mother’s womb? Who was the mentor of John the Baptist, sent from above to prepare the way for the Saviour? Who was the mentor of Apostle Paul, who was blinded on the road to Damascus while intent on the destruction of Christians, subsequently to become a leading figure in New Testament Christianity? What about Moses, Elijah or King David? Human backing and tuition are clearly not a qualification for divine assignments.

The sincere suffering masses from all religions and cults world wide, finally have scientific verifiable evidence that the Messiah, Jesus Christ came to usher in a new covenant through the Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria. The Scoan church provide 24hr transmission on Emmanuel TV world wide that provides abundant evidence of the full LOVE of the Father for the masses, which is free deliverance from Demons, free healing even from terminal sickness and free material blessings and all kind of breakthrough. MIRACLES, SIGNS AND WONDERS.
alfarouq:
There was an apostle, who wrote an epistle,
strange faith did he jostle, and scriptures entwistle.
His doctrines pentacostal, made GOD's people bristle,
and blapshemy collosal, led to his dismissal.
Apostle, epistle, collossal, dismissal,
His writings bescissel, make faith so afissile.

GOD created man in his image.
Then the Christians came along and recreated GOD in man's image.
Anonymous

Quite a number of the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) wish they could Turn you (people) back to infidelity after ye have believed, from selfish envy, after the Truth hath become Manifest unto them: But forgive and overlook, Till Allah brings about His command; for Allah Hath power over all things. (Qur'an Surah Al-Baqarah 2:109)

In the annals of religious history, Paul happens to be a surprise. Why?, he is the only figure to admit to lying and strangely enough, justifying it as well. When the prophets clearly condemned this evil habit, Paul glorified it, and put a new meaning to the ends will justify the means.
During the ministry of Jesus, Saul (Paul) was a dedicated member of a powerful, exclusive Jewish sect called Pharisees (ACTS 26:5). Their pretensions to sanctity had labelled them as hypocrites. When these overbearing vainglorious Jews confronted Jesus, he called them:

"You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."
John 8:44

Saul, a zealous persecutor of the devoted disciples of Christ, became the first Christian missionary and an Apostle to the Gentiles after converting himself to Christianity by a "vision", which he claims he had, while on the road to Damascus. The missionary changed his name from Saul to Paul and became the biggest contributor to the Books of the New Testament. From the above verse, Jesus like many of his predecessors condemned lying, deceit and hypocrisy. Lying is condemned several times throughout the Bible, and deceit by its own nature, is sinful and can only lead to hazardous consequences. What does Peter say in regards to guile (which means cunning, deceit, trickery, treachery)

For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that speak no guile

The verse speaks for itself. One of the factors that hinder mans success in this world and eternal life in the hereafter, is the use of guile. But on his own admittance, what does Paul say?:

But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless being crafty, I CAUGHT YOU WITH GUILE
2 CORINTHIANS 12:16

On his own admission, Paul is saying that he uses deception in his modus operandi. In all the new versions of the Bible, the more common term of deceit is replaced instead. This statement is made long after his conversion to Christianity, in the phase when he supposed to be blessed and righteous, and most importantly of all, being guided by Christ.

For our exhortation [was] not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:

Paul now speaks with two tongues, guile he can

But what I do, that will I do, that I may cut off occasion from those which desire occasion;...

In the New Revised Standard Version, the verse reads in order to deny an opportunity to those who want an opportunity to be recognized as our equals.. He can't be any clearer or succinct, If any other Christian group tries to rival Pauls mission, he will seek to utilise means of destroying any opportunity that may arise for his opponents. This goes completely against the morals from what we know of Jesus and the Prophets of age. If Paul believed he had the truth, there would be no need to play games and power struggles, as the truth will always prevail in the end. The use of deceit and craftiness is the mark of the insecure and paranoid, not so certain that his own faith is correct, he had more hope in his will and ways prevailing, rather than the truth of the message of Christ.

For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them under the Law, that I might gain them that are under the Law;
To them that are without the law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ) that I might gain them that are under the law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
I CORINTHIANS 9:19-22

What better illustration of hypocrisy could be given. For the sake of the truth, Paul will use all means of deceit, insincerity, ruse etc in order to gain more followers. Just like his successors today, the missionaries put on a face of every ethnic race. You can see them at many of their websites, to the Muslims; they put themselves under the guise of WORLD VISION and other aid programs, and when they inject the needle, they also try to inject the needle of Christianity along side it. To the Jewish people, the Christian missionaries love Jews, Israel and Zionism (one point that they could never mention to the Muslims), bagels and Seinfeld. This love becomes so much that its insincere face starts to show.

It is the wish of a section of the People of the Book to lead you astray. But they shall lead astray (Not you), but themselves, and they do not perceive!
Sura Al-Imran 3.69

For if the truth of God, hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory: why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
ROMANS 3:7

Even though Paul admits to lying (like he has in many other places), never how much he tries to defend his actions, the rational spiritual mind will never accept it. Lying is at the root of falsehood, the very element that is completely opposed to truth. The truth is a means to an end. If a Muslim wanted to build a Mosque and he required funding to do so; there are several ways he could go about it. If he decided to rob a bank and used the stolen cash to build the Masjid, all his efforts will be in vain. Allah will never accept it from him, even though the man did it for Allah's sake. The fact is that the ends don't justify the means, to get to paradise, you must choose the road that leads to paradise. And deceit is definitely not on that road.

Cursed [be] he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, ...
Jeremiah 48:10

Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by alfarouq(m): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2022
ScienceWatch:
Nice sounding augments can not dent the mind-blowing truth revealed about Jesus Christ as demonstrated in Scoan Nigeria. The modern scientifically verifiable evidence pouring out of Scoan Nigeria confirms the veracity of the holy gospels and ACTS. Therefore, it is foolish to even try to use Paul/Saul as a tool to reject the Holy Bible.

However, History is full of examples of men being used by the Almighty without human mentorship. This awe inspiring event is not isolated to the instance of The Holy Prophet TB Joshua. Thorough biblical exploration would reveal many of God’s generals with no record or register of human mentorship. Who was the mentor of Jeremiah, who the Bible says God called right from his mother’s womb? Who was the mentor of John the Baptist, sent from above to prepare the way for the Saviour? Who was the mentor of Apostle Paul, who was blinded on the road to Damascus while intent on the destruction of Christians, subsequently to become a leading figure in New Testament Christianity? What about Moses, Elijah or King David? Human backing and tuition are clearly not a qualification for divine assignments.

The sincere suffering masses from all religions and cults world wide, finally have scientific verifiable evidence that the Messiah, Jesus Christ came to usher in a new covenant through the Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria. The Scoan church provide 24hr transmission on Emmanuel TV world wide that provides abundant evidence of the full LOVE of the Father for the masses, which is free deliverance from Demons, free healing even from terminal sickness and free material blessings and all kind of breakthrough. MIRACLES, SIGNS AND WONDERS.

Is SCOAN not TB Joshua's Church. Tell that to Chris OKotie who said TB Joshua uses deception and demonic power to try to hoodwink the gullible. I guess you are one of the gullible.

Besides God already used the American presidential contest between Trump and Hillary to inform any reasonable person the position of TB Joshua.

It is left for everyone to make his choice.
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by sagenaija: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2022
alfarouq:

Is .
Al-Suyuti, a renowned exegete, says that the three messengers mentioned in S. 36:13-29 were Peter, John and Paul:
Narrated Ibn Abi Hatim by the authority of Shuwaib Al Jabâ'ayee who said: The names of the first two messengers were Simon and John. And the name of the third one was Paul.

Even Ibn Kathir comments are interesting:

<so We reinforced them with a third> means, ‘We supported and strengthened them with a third Messenger.’ Ibn Jurayj narrated from Wahb bin Sulayman, from Shu’ayb Al-Jaba’i, "The names of the first two Messengers were Sham’un and Yuhanna, and the name of the third was Bulus, and the city was Antioch ...

Sham’un refers to Simon Peter, Yuhanna to the apostle John, and Bulus is Arabic for Paul. This source therefore affirms that the apostle Paul was one of the Messengers sent by God!

ISLAM SPEAKS FROM BOTH SIDE OF THE MOUTH!
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Dtruthspeaker: 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
jcross19:
Going to two thousand years now still the work of saint paul is hurting the vices of darkness down wow !!!!!!!!! His epistle is a thorns to allah and allah followers skins.

It is a stick in the souls of every evil loving and doing people.
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On May 31, 2023
alfarouq:
ON THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS
■The turning point in the life of Paul happens to be his crucial trip from Jerusalem to Damascus. Many would agree that if Paul did see a vision of Christ, it would leave an undeniable imprint in his mind. And the fact that this is supposedly recorded in the "Book of God", their should be consistency in the way the incident is narrated. As God is not the author of confusion.
NARRATION 1
And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
ACTS 9:3-7
NARRATION 2
And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
And I said, What shall I do, LORD? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.
ACTS 22:6-10
NARRATION 3
Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,
At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.
But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;
Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
ACTS 26:12-20
DISCREPANCIES IN THE NARRATIONS
■In the first we have a record of Paul's men, hearing a voice and seeing no man (ie Jesus). In the second narration, we have Paul claiming that the men saw Jesus, but did not hear a voice. The possibility of Paul manipulating this "event" is clearly revealed in the second narration, we have Paul defending himself before the Hebrew counsel, and twisting the point that his companions saw a light, but did not hear the voice; apperantly adds more credibility to his phenomenal vision. As a voice could be anyones voice for what the Jews care. Yes there is a contradiction, but from what we have seen from the character of Paul, it should not come as a surprise. In the third narration, he omits any mention of the specific incident.
1. Wetin be the book of God again? undecided

2. Interesting claim!
Narrative One : This seems to have been told from the author's point of view.
3 So Saul went to Damascus. When he came near the city, a very bright light from heaven suddenly shined around him.
4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul! Why are you persecuting me?”
5 Saul said, “Who are you, Lord?” The voice answered, “I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting.
6 Get up now and go into the city. Someone there will tell you what you must do.”
7 The men traveling with Saul just stood there, unable to speak. They heard the voice, but they saw no one.
8 Saul got up from the ground and opened his eyes, but he could not see. So the men with him held his hand and led him into Damascus.
9 For three days, Saul could not see; he did not eat or drink. - Acts 9 vs 3 - 9
Narrative Two : This is as told by Paul himself.
6 “But something happened to me on my way to Damascus. It was about noon when I came close to Damascus. Suddenly a bright light from heaven shined all around me.
7 I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?’
8 “I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ The voice said, ‘I am Jesus from Nazareth, the one you are persecuting.’
9 The men who were with me did not understand the voice, but they saw the light.
10 “I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ The Lord answered, ‘Get up and go into Damascus. There you will be told all that I have planned for you to do.’
11 I could not see, because the bright light had made me blind. So the men led me into Damascus. - Acts 22 vs 6 - 11
Narrative Three: Also as told by Paul himself.
12 “One time the leading priests gave me permission and the authority to go to the city of Damascus.
13 On the way there, at noon, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun. It shined all around me and those traveling with me.
14 We all fell to the ground. Then I heard a voice talking to me in Aramaic. The voice said, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? You are only hurting yourself by fighting me.’
15 “I said, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ “The Lord said, ‘I am Jesus. I am the one you are persecuting.
16 Stand up! I have chosen you to be my servant. You will tell people about me—what you have seen today and what I will show you. This is why I have come to you.
17 I will keep you safe from your own people and from the non-Jewish people, the ones I am sending you to.
18 You will make them able to understand the truth. They will turn away from darkness to the light. They will turn away from the power of Satan, and they will turn to God. Then their sins can be forgiven, and they can be given a place among God’s people—those who have been made holy by believing in me.’” - Acts 26 vs 12 - 18

2. Paul didn't in fact say that the men with him saw Jesus Christ. Rather in Narrative Two by Paul, he instead said the men saw the light, not Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
alfarouq:
■ Saul, a zealous persecutor of the devoted disciples of Christ, became the first Christian missionary and an Apostle to the Gentiles after converting himself to Christianity by a "vision", which he claims he had, while on the road to Damascus. The missionary changed his name from Saul to Paul and became the biggest contributor to the Books of the New Testament. From the above verse, Jesus like many of his predecessors condemned lying, deceit and hypocrisy. Lying is condemned several times throughout the Bible, and deceit by its own nature, is sinful and can only lead to hazardous consequences. What does Peter say in regards to guile (which means cunning, deceit, trickery, treachery)
The verse speaks for itself. One of the factors that hinder mans success in this world and eternal life in the hereafter, is the use of guile. But on his own admittance, what does Paul say?: But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless being crafty,
■ I CAUGHT YOU WITH GUILE 2 CORINTHIANS 12:16 On his own admission, Paul is saying that he uses deception in his modus operandi. In all the new versions of the Bible, the more common term of deceit is replaced instead. This statement is made long after his conversion to Christianity, in the phase when he supposed to be blessed and righteous, and most importantly of all, being guided by Christ.
■ For our exhortation [was] not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
Paul now speaks with two tongues, guile he can. But what I do, that will I do, that I may cut off occasion from those which desire occasion;...
■ 2 CORINTHIANS 11:13
■ In the New Revised Standard Version, the verse reads in order to deny an opportunity to those who want an opportunity to be recognized as our equals.. He can't be any clearer or succinct, If any other Christian group tries to rival Pauls mission, he will seek to utilise means of destroying any opportunity that may arise for his opponents. This goes completely against the morals from what we know of Jesus and the Prophets of age. If Paul believed he had the truth, there would be no need to play games and power struggles, as the truth will always prevail in the end. The use of deceit and craftiness is the mark of the insecure and paranoid, not so certain that his own faith is correct, he had more hope in his will and ways prevailing, rather than the truth of the message of Christ.
1. I caught you with guile? undecided

11 I have been talking like a fool, but you made me do it. You people are the ones who should say good things about me. I am worth nothing, but those “super apostles” are not worth any more than I am!
12 When I was with you, I patiently did the things that prove I am an apostle—signs, wonders, and miracles.
13 So you received everything that the other churches have received. Only one thing was different: I was not a burden to you. Forgive me for this!
14 I am now ready to visit you for the third time, and I will not be a burden to you. I don’t want any of the things you own. I only want you. Children should not have to save things to give to their parents. Parents should save to give to their children.
15 So I am happy to give everything I have for you. I will even give myself for you. If I love you more, will you love me less?
16 It is clear that I was not a burden to you, but you think that I was tricky and used lies to catch you.
17 Did I cheat you by using any of the men I sent to you? You know I didn’t.
18 I asked Titus to go to you, and I sent our brother with him. Titus did not cheat you, did he? No, you know that his actions and his attitude were the same as ours.
19 Do you think that we have been defending ourselves to you all this time? No, we say these things in Christ and before God. You are our dear friends, and everything we do is to make you stronger.
20 I do this because I am afraid that when I come, you will not be what I want you to be. And I am afraid that I will not be what you want me to be. I am afraid that I will find arguing, jealousy, anger, selfish fighting, evil talk, gossip, pride, and confusion there.
21 I am afraid that when I come to you again, my God will make me humble before you. I may have to cry over the loss of some who sinned before. Many of them have still not changed their hearts to be sorry for their evil lives, their sexual sins, and the shameful things they have done. - 2 Corinthians 2 vs 16
Are you certain you read the above passage in context at all?
2. 1 Thessalonians 2:3
1. Brothers and sisters, you know that our visit to you was not a failure.
2 Before we came to you, people in Philippi abused us with insults and made us suffer. You know all about that. And then, when we came to you, many people there caused trouble for us. But our God gave us the courage we needed to tell you his Good News.
3 When we encourage people to believe the Good News, it’s not out of wrong motives. We are not trying to trick or fool anyone.
4 No, we did it because God is the one who gave us this work. And this was only after he tested us and saw that we could be trusted to do it. So when we speak, we are only trying to please God, not anyone else. He is the one who can see what is in our hearts. - 1 Thessalonians 2 vs 1 - 4
3. 2 Corinthians 11
7 I did the work of telling God’s Good News to you without pay. I humbled myself to make you important. Do you think that was wrong?
8 I accepted pay from other churches. I took their money so that I could serve you.
9 If I needed something when I was with you, I did not trouble any of you. The brothers who came from Macedonia gave me all that I needed. I did not allow myself to be a burden to you in any way. And I will never be a burden to you.
10 No one there in Achaia will stop me from boasting about that. I say this with the truth of Christ in me.
11 And why do I not burden you? Do you think it is because I don’t love you? God knows that I love you.
12 And I will continue doing what I am doing now, because I want to stop those people from having a reason to boast. They would like to say that the work they boast about is the same as ours.
13 They are false apostles, lying workers. They only pretend to be apostles of Christ.
14 That does not surprise us, because even Satan changes himself to look like an angel of light.
15 So it does not surprise us if Satan’s servants make themselves look like servants who work for what is right. But in the end those people will get the punishment they deserve. - 2 Corinthians 11 vs 7 - 15

4. Goes against what morals? Morals as established by your person and your religion? Or the Law as established by the person of Jesus Christ who also called out false teachers and false prophets whenever He could in order that His own be not deceived by them. undecided

OP, it seems your grudge against the person of Paul is unfounded given that clearly, your claims don't seem to come from what is in fact written in his epistles in this case. undecided
Re: St. Paul The Root Of Christian Missionary Deception by Benfaco: 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
The love of God for us

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

When Adam sinned, he lost the direct access he initially had with God. (Genesis 3) God decided to send his only begotten son (Jesus) to pay the price for our sins on the cross of calvary because of his love for us. When Christ resurrected, he restored all privileges that we once had and brought redemption to us all. All we need is to believe that he died for our sin and has once again granted us direct access with God. No longer through an intermediary! (Mathew 27:50-53).

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If our earthly parents care so much for us, how much more our father in heaven! (Luke 11:11-13). God’s love for us is infinite. He has promised to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19).

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I accept and acknowledge you as my personal lord and savior. I sincerely ask that you forgive my sins. Come into my life and pour out your spirit on me. By faith, I receive the promise of the father, which is the holy spirit. (John 14:16) I thank you for the price that you paid for me on the cross of calvary. Thank you for my redemption. I pray that your power, grace and favor will abide with me now and forever more. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Reasons Why "Free Will" Can't Save You. / . / A Christian Look At Islam’s Doctrine Of Deception – Al Taqiya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.