Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed (23696 Views)

Reno Omokri: Kano To Daura Rail Of No Economic Value / Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed / JUST IN: Buhari’s Govt Has No Economic Blueprint – Senate July 21, 2016akorede S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by WEWE22(f): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
Everyone with an open mind knows these

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by onatisi(m): 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
It took Nigerians 2 solid years to realize the truth in what onatisi has been saying about buhari complete total naivety and cluelessness in power. The sad aspect about all this is that the deaf dullard president is even getting paid for doing nothing tangible other than destroying the economy. The only reason buhari campaigned and contested was to take vengeance on pdp for denying him the opportunity to rule all these years

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
This is not a defence of the government.

There is no economic policy in place – Ikokwu

Decrying the level of poverty in the country, Chief Ikokwu wondered the kind of economic policy that had been in place in the last 14 months.

His words: "The nation is totally confused with regard to the economic policy. If there was clear economic policy, we won’t be in recession. If the policy is market-oriented, instead of government-oriented, the private sector would have readjusted one year after the government took off, there would not have been maximum devaluation of the currency.

"It has been one year without an economic policy. Why should there be imbalance in the economy if there is economic policy? Full implementation of the budget is yet to begin. Economically, the nation is disillusioned and the complaints are everywhere."

Note that he says....If there was an economic policy in place, we won't be having all these problems....and then he does not tell us what type of economic policy should be in place.

So much for alternative solutions....eh?

Buhari has no economic policy — Mohammed

Second Republic lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, said President Buhari and Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed should stop deceiving Nigerians that this government had any economic policy.

He said: “As far as I am concerned, President Buhari and Lai Mohammed are paying lip service to the economy by telling Nigerians they have a policy. Today, I cannot see anything and several Nigerians cannot see any policy in place.

So, why should Nigerians support this so called policy that they do not know and why should they believe Buhari and Lai Mohammed?

“They talk about diversifying the economy but I can tell you that the same fertilizer I bought for N4,000 last year is now N9,000 this year. If this is what they call diversification, then they are talking nonsense. When there is no insecticide and no better harvest, what are they diversifying the economy to.
“I am not persuaded by that lie by Lai Mohammed."

In brief, he is saying that we have to diversify the economy. OK. But we cannot do much diversificaiton with the mess our power supply is in,. which we cannot fix because we do not have enough money to do so.

(One estimate put it at N5 trillion).

And meanwhile Nigerians don't want a rise in the power tariff....so where are we going to get the money.

And the whole thing is in such a mess that it is going to take decades to fix. GEJ did many wrong things. Privatizing power was not one of them.At least....he was realistic.

Nigerians are sick and tired of excuses - Alhaji Yerima Shettima,

Nigerians are sick and tired of the excuses made by the federal government in fixing the nation’s ailing economy.

“This is part of the excuses we have seen from this government. After coming out to state that the previous government failed, the APC promised that it was coming to make things right, but to our surprise, the party is now coming out to tell us that it did not know the extent of the damage done by the past government.

"I must tell you that Nigerians have not had it this bad and this is worrying. When the Federal Government is saying there is no alternative, is it implying that this is a case of incompetence on the part of the government or lack of experience? I see this as an excuse."

So what alternatives should we follow? What do you suggest?

Ah well....

Forex policy killing business — Oshinowo, NECA boss

The National Employers Consultative Association, NECA, on its part, said the Foreign Exchange, forex, policy of the government had been killing businesses.
NECA Director-General, Mr. Segun Oshinowo, lamented that the first half of the year was particularly excruciating to businesses as it was very difficult for business owners to access foreign exchange to buy raw materials and critical spare parts.

“First half of the year was horrible because the key issue was access to foreign exchange. Even for those business owners government recognize as having a right to access foreign exchange for their businesses, also found it difficult to access foreign exchange for raw materials and critical spare parts. Even for those big players, with all their muscles and influence, they found it difficult to source for their critical raw materials. Their suppliers could not access foreign exchange to honour their contractual obligations to them. So, on account of that, some of them had to shut down certain aspects of their production lines and declared workers redundant.

“With the flexible foreign exchange market, some are doing a little better than the first half. But, the problem still remains that supplies have not increased significantly. Of course, one should not expect the supplies to improve significantly over night. One advantage this current dispensation should have on this economy is significant inflow of foreign exchange sources other than the sale of our crude oil. I do know that those who are likely to make that happen will not take on the spot decisions. The tendency for them will still be to stand on the sideline and watch whether government will be consistent with its policy.

Newsflash.....we do not have enough forex because oil prices crashed, and ebcause during the times of plenty most of you manufacturers did not develop local sources of raw materials at all?

Or do you want government to let the forex flow aimlessly? (It would have been N100000 to $1 by now).

Since no one has solutions...this government critic is going to have to suggest some.

1.Nigeria needs to cut spending everywhere, except in education, power and transport...with the aim of going industrial....and becoming the supplier of industrial products to the rest of Africa...in ten years.

2.We also should save aggressively once oil prices go up.

3.Let us forget that we are a rich nation.

APC should be doing that.....instead of waiting for oil prices to go up. That era is over.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by manny4life(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
onatisi:
It took Nigerians 2 solid years to realize the truth in what onatisi has been saying about buhari complete total naivety and cluelessness in power. The sad aspect about all this is that the deaf dullard president is even getting paid for doing nothing tangible other than destroying the economy. The only reason buhari campaigned and contested was to take vengeance on pdp for denying him the opportunity to rule all these years

To even think some people are defending his failed policies, if any, is really annoying. Nigerians get what they deserve, no one would say that their "messiah" wasn't given an opportunity. After Buhari is done with Nigeria, when they mention Buhari's name again, many would run.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by front247: 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
When a slowpoke rules d people suffer

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by front247: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
Moronnic apc govt

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
knightsTempler:
Supporting your president and cheering him on even when it is clear he is progressing in error is not patriotism. It is treason because you are actually hurting your country by deceiving your president into thinking he is on the right track when you know he's not.

The best definition of patriotism is standing by your country. You don't stand by your country by being a pathetic sycophantic ass-licking simpleton who defends every government action and inaction. No! You stand by your country by standing up to tyranny, injustice, marginalization, nepotism and ethnic bigotry even if they are coming from the highest level of government.

For those of you whose voices sounded louder than that of John the Baptist during Goodluck Jonathan's era but have since resorted to talking sports, sex and music even when those things which you all frowned at then have all gotten worse under the current Buhari-led government, I hope you are aware that your hypocrisy has earned you a place at the right hand side of uncle Lucifer

For choosing to play the ostrich by staying away from political talk at this critical time, you are no better than the pathetic sycophants pushing the country to Golgotha. I'd say you deserve an 'Oscar' for hypocrisy but I'm sure you already know that, don't you??

Your silence in the face of government tyranny, nepotism, injustice, hate-induced killing by the army and unprecedented penury and severe hunger caused by government cluelessness is an indictment on your moral standard. Silence in the face of injustice is an act of injustice itself.

You are part of the problem, not the solution.

If you are among those who have formed the habit of blaming everybody but president Buhari for the mess that is this government, I have nothing but contempt for you. Jonathan was to blame for all the things that went wrong under his government but today, everything that goes wrong under Mohammadu Buhari is not Buhari's fault. It is the cabal that has hijacked his government. We should blame the cabal, not Buhari. Like I said, I've got nothing but disdain for you.

As for the rest of you who are being paid by agents of this government to come online and mock millions of Nigerians who go to bed hungry by creating the wrong impression that this government is living up to expectation, permit me to remind you that I still reserve more respect for my neighbor's pig than the lots of you hopeless morally bankrupt venal shitheads.

I hope you will be able to look your kids in the eyes and tell them how you mortgaged their future for a few naira note and some bottle of wine accompanied with some plate of meat-less #AishajolofRice.

No further comment, You said it all!
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by knowhowk: 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
knightsTempler:
Supporting your president and cheering him on even when it is clear he is progressing in error is not patriotism. It is treason because you are actually hurting your country by deceiving your president into thinking he is on the right track when you know he's not.

The best definition of patriotism is standing by your country. You don't stand by your country by being a pathetic sycophantic ass-licking simpleton who defends every government action and inaction. No! You stand by your country by standing up to tyranny, injustice, marginalization, nepotism and ethnic bigotry even if they are coming from the highest level of government.

For those of you whose voices sounded louder than that of John the Baptist during Goodluck Jonathan's era but have since resorted to talking sports, sex and music even when those things which you all frowned at then have all gotten worse under the current Buhari-led government, I hope you are aware that your hypocrisy has earned you a place at the right hand side of uncle Lucifer

For choosing to play the ostrich by staying away from political talk at this critical time, you are no better than the pathetic sycophants pushing the country to Golgotha. I'd say you deserve an 'Oscar' for hypocrisy but I'm sure you already know that, don't you??

Your silence in the face of government tyranny, nepotism, injustice, hate-induced killing by the army and unprecedented penury and severe hunger caused by government cluelessness is an indictment on your moral standard. Silence in the face of injustice is an act of injustice itself.

If you are among those who have formed the habit of blaming everybody but president Buhari for the mess that is this government, I have nothing but contempt for you. Jonathan was to blame for all the things that went wrong under his government but today, everything that goes wrong under Mohammadu Buhari is not Buhari's fault. It is the cabal that has hijacked his government. We should blame the cabal, not Buhari. Like I said, I've got nothing but disdain for you.

As for the rest of you who are being paid by agents of this government to come online and mock millions of Nigerians who go to bed hungry by creating the wrong impression that this government is living up to expectation, permit me to remind you that I still reserve more respect for my neighbor's pig than the lots of you hopeless morally bankrupt venal shitheads.

I hope you will be able to look your kids in the eyes and tell them how you mortgaged their future for a few naira note and some bottle of wine accompanied with some plate of meat-less #AishajolofRice.
. The Truth .God Bless you more.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by front247: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
Buhari is branless, visionless and a dullard, he does nt hav anything to offer d public

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by front247: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
Buhari is branless, visionless and a dullard, he does nt hav anything to offer d country

2 Likes

Buhari is brainless, visionless and a dullard, he does nt hav anything to offer d country

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by stonemasonn: 3:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
MadeInTokyo:

grin grin grin grin
Buhari is burukutu sipping, and gworo chewing stark illiterate that knows nothing about the Nigerian Economy --- President Obama
Stop lying na, Buhari has never seen burukutu with his korokoro eyes oo.
Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by AmAlbert(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
Abeg ah get B2 for Economics and I get like 7 Policies wey I wan sell, interested buyers please pm me, please pass this message to bubu while the stock lasts

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by iykedare(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
knightsTempler:

I hope my friends omenka, passingshot, aresa and dropshot see this.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by eyeview: 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Even the apc is secretly shopping for buhari's replacement. Atiku noticed this and started his subtle visits to party chieftains. And in the same vein,another clique have thrown in Ribadu as his replacement. Elrufai is subtly testing his popularity.
All because they know within themselves that buhari is a failure. Anyone still cheering him on is on his own.

It would be in the interest of the nation and many sectors of the economy if buhari kicks the bucket

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Xano(m): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
Though he has tribal behaviour, interesting quote from Alhaji Mohammed, the caps lock especially:

He said: “As far as I am concerned, President Buhari and Lai Mohammed are paying lip service to the economy by telling Nigerians they have a policy. Today, I cannot see anything and several Nigerians cannot see any policy in place.
So, why should Nigerians support this so called policy that they do not know and why should they believe Buhari and Lai Mohammed?
“They talk about diversifying the economy but I can tell you that the same fertilizer I bought for N4,000 last year is now N9,000 this year. If this is what they call diversification, THEN THEY ARE TALKING NONSENCE . When there is no insecticide and no better harvest, what are they diversifying the economy to.
“I am NOT PERSUADED BY THAT LIE by Lai Mohammed."

Statements from other speakers are an indictment on this administration so far.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by eyeview: 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seenyo:
Gbam!..the dumb nomad is a sheer waste of my vote!

So you are part of those who put us in this mess? What were you thinking?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Onyiridike(f): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
This is not a defence of the government.

Note that he says....If there was an economic policy in place, we won't be having all these problems....and then he does not tell us what type of economic policy should be in place.

So much for alternative solutions....eh?

Buhari has no economic policy — Mohammed

In brief, he is saying that we have to diversify the economy. OK. But we cannot do much diversificaiton with the mess our power supply is in,. which we cannot fix because we do not have enough money to do so.

(One estimate put it at N5 trillion).

And meanwhile Nigerians don't want a rise in the power tariff....so where are we going to get the money.

And the whole thing is in such a mess that it is going to take decades to fix. GEJ did many wrong things. Privatizing power was not one of them.At least....he was realistic.

So what alternatives should we follow? What do you suggest?

Ah well....

Newsflash.....we do not have enough forex because oil prices crashed, and ebcause during the times of plenty most of you manufacturers did not develop local sources of raw materials at all?

Or do you want government to let the forex flow aimlessly? (It would have been N100000 to $1 by now).

Since no one has solutions...this government critic is going to have to suggest some.

1.Nigeria needs to cut spending everywhere, except in education, power and transport...with the aim of going industrial....and becoming the supplier of industrial products to the rest of Africa...in ten years.

2.We also should save aggressively once oil prices go up.

3.Let us forget that we are a rich nation.

APC should be doing that.....instead of waiting for oil prices to go up. That era is over.

You seem to be living in a foreign land.

You actually expect them to suggest alternative economic policies for what?

What is the role of your finance minister? Payment of irregular salary?

Hardship and Buhari are synonymous. However, for the sake of innocent Nigerians, God Almighty will not allow him.

It will soon be over for him. Buhari was never destined to be a progressive and charismatic leader who has his people at heart.

When a man decides to force himself to position he was not destined to occupy, he will never make impact.

Nigeria has a day with destiny and nobody can stop the divine plan of God Almighty. It will take a while but will surely come to pass.

I am a child of The Living God, 1000,000 Buhari cannot stop God's will for me. Even satan cannot.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
Onyiridike:

You seem to be living in a foreign land.

You actually expect them to suggest alternative economic policies for what?

What is the role of your finance minister? Payment of irregular salary?

Hardship and Buhari are synonymous. However, for the sake of innocent Nigerians, God Almighty will not allow him.

It will soon be over for him. Buhari was never destined to be a progressive and charismatic leader who has his people at heart.

When a man decides to force himself to position he was not destined to occupy, he will never make impact.

Nigeria has a day with destiny and nobody can stop the divine plan of God Almighty. It will take a while but will surely come to pass.

I am a child of The Living God, 1000,000 Buhari cannot stop God's will for me. Even satan cannot.

1.It was not intended to be a defence of anyone

2.The purpose of an opposition is to propose alternatives....not just to sing about how bad things are.

3.I have proposed my alternative. Where is yours?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by opribo(m): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
A man who ordinarily should be carrying gun or rearing cattles now managing the affairs of men tell me how on earth he can have an economic road map. He rules by body language. When he passes by the people look at him and they get the message , when he looks at you like prophet TB automatically you get the message.
When he laughs at you like Rotimi and Fashola automatically they burst into a hysterical laughter whether it was funny or not. Its a terrible situation indeed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by uridadole: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
Toeyoursea:
For the first time since 1972, non oil revenue surpassed Oyel money In the second quarter.

Government spending has drastically increased towards infrastructure.

The naira was floated to cushion the effect of dollar demand.

Government fund is centralized in a single account.

Government wants to spend 500 billion as social intervention fund.

A few corrupt public officers are being prosecuted.

Budget process has been made more open.

Government has stopped borrowing from commercial banks to allow private entities leverage on bank loan.

Fuel subsidies have been scrapped.

I can go on and on.

Buhari has no economic policy
Thank u jare.
It is those fraudulent governments that allowed companies to pay bribe and evade tax, bribe customs to smuggle contraband, bribe imigration to bring illiterate forigners to take our jobs that have economic policies. Nigerians are yet to get sense.
Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by gloryman91: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
Toeyoursea:
For the first time since 1972, non oil revenue surpassed Oyel money In the second quarter.

Government spending has drastically increased towards infrastructure.

The naira was floated to cushion the effect of dollar demand.

Government fund is centralized in a single account.

Government wants to spend 500 billion as social intervention fund.

A few corrupt public officers are being prosecuted.

Budget process has been made more open.

Government has stopped borrowing from commercial banks to allow private entities leverage on bank loan.

Fuel subsidies have been scrapped.

I can go on and on.

Buhari has no economic policy

With all these the Man is still a dullardino for some fools mouth, please ride on we need prayers for this our great nation.
Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by olalomi28: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
I blf our President Buhari has something's to do for us in dis country but only God know either it is good or bad may Allah help us in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
i think buhari should be impeached! it seems things just keep getting worse, and nigeria cannot afford to let him sink the country any lower if allowed to complete his term! impeach him now!!!!! we have lost confidence in his ability to govern!!!
Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by buchilino(m): 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
HONESTLY I DON'T GET DIS DR JUNAID MOHAMMED. SOMETIME LAST YEAR, ACCORDING 2 HIM, PMB WAS D SAVIOUR OF D COUNTRY, NOW PMB DOESN'T HAVE AN ECONOMIC POLICY.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by MonPro: 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jombojombo:

In Afonjas (Yoruba Muslims) a.k.a Zombies voice cheesy cheesy

kikikikiki

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Kingosytex(m): 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
izzokay
Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by ripbubu: 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
knightsTempler:

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Onyiridike(f): 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.It was not intended to be a defence of anyone

2.The purpose of an opposition is to propose alternatives....not just to sing about how bad things are.

3.I have proposed my alternative. Where is yours?
Somebody is been paid to propose an alternative. She was appointed by APC to do that very job.

You can assist her for free.
Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by sweetilicious(f): 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
MadeInTokyo:

grin grin grin grin
Buhari is a burukutu sipping, and gworo chewing stark illiterate that knows nothing about the Nigerian Economy --- President Obama
Obama didn't say this. Hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu State Commissioner Of Police Removed / Edo 2020: “Meet Us In Appeal Court”, APC Tells Obaseki / Mamoth Crowd Turn Out For Yahaya Bello Group In Bauchi (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.