Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed (23688 Views)

Reno Omokri: Kano To Daura Rail Of No Economic Value / Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed / JUST IN: Buhari’s Govt Has No Economic Blueprint – Senate July 21, 2016akorede S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by ednut1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
we knw

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by linusbnn(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
Failed government

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by mmsen: 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da4I6gyiREc

Worst government in Nigerian history.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Leebeedo(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
That's a big lie. Buhari's economic policy is FIGHTING CORRUPTION!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by rafcrown(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
WE NEED GREAT LEADERS IN NIGERIA
LEADERS WITH GREAT INTELLIGENCE
Not all these Soldier go,Soldier come cabals.
Same people ,same style ,same economic woes since Independence.
The Finance Minister cant carry the heavy load.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by sheyee(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
Seriously, what is economic policy sef?....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by macaranta(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
True Story....
Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by sylve11: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
MadeInTokyo:

grin grin grin grin
Buhari is burukutu sipping, and gworo chewing stark illiterate that knows nothing about the Nigerian Economy --- President Obama

Na wa o grin grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
Gbam!..the dumb nomad is a sheer waste of my vote!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by darlingtin1985(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
I was expecting something worse than these but thank GOD the way thing is, because left to me I was not expecting anything good from a president that don't have ordinary waec certificate. Uptil now am still wondering who made him a general in Nigeria Army.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by tomquest: 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
A man who joined the army on quota, without a WEAC certificate. This is the dullard that zombies and APC (All Promises Cancelled) expect to transform Nigerian economy.

Has he been able to transform the number of his Daura cattle?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by kalohkaloh: 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
Lai Mohammed irritates me to no end! He keeps making annoying statements about situation in Nigeria. He is in Spain on government funding and is boasting about government achievements back home. A day of reckoning is coming and Lai will account for his sins against the people the way Dasuki is doing now!! Shameless old propagandist!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by shamecurls(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
Talking about a dwindling economy without criticizing the root cause is just gibberish to me.

What policy do you expect to work when some people re applauding militants, without considering the effect on the economy.

You cant give what you don't have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by peterpan313(m): 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2016
I love that part where they said, and I quote; I am not persuaded my that lie from lai mohamed. I suspect these old men are nairalanders grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by murphyibiam15(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
shamecurls:
Talking about a dwindling economy without criticizing the root cause is just gibberish to me.

What policy do you expect to work when some people re applauding militants, without considering the effect on the economy.

You cant give what you don't have.

Mr man that is no excuse...the first function of any government is security

may be u are also indirectly telling us that buhari not only failed in economic aspect but on security

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
That's what you get when you believe that a man that deposited (non existing) certificates with the military can handle a country better than a PhD holder. You can't give what you don't have.

The difference is clear.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by geraob1: 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
Averted:
We all know that bubu is an Economic illiterate
but what baffels me is how Nigerians ended up voting someone with no economical sense to lead a country that is based on resources... chia!!
Brace yourselfs the afonjas are coming to defend their colonial master ..with amala on one hand and ewudu on the other hand.

Ever slaves.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Iyoma2(f): 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
Kaaai... So all d cry whey Buhari cry say him wan lead Nigeria na so d thing come turn to visionless rulership? aaaw wetin we go do now?shey na like dis we go look Buhari till 2019?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by kristisking(m): 2:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
This mugu was one of those that deceived gullible Nigerians that bubu is the best option. Now he realised how deceptive he can be

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by P0intBlank(m): 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
This is not news -it's obvious na

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by justy15: 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
I do know that buhari at his age cannot profer solution to Nigeria socioeconomic problem but my advice is that he should look inward beyond party line and bring in competent hands to help him. he should as a matter of urgency resufle his cabinet n his party men need to be telling him the truth unlike lie Mohammed n femi adesina who will always cook pots of lie for their almajiris there to buy. I want my country to return to its status as the highest sought investments destination in Africa after South Africa

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by amtaken(f): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
100% correct.

Buhari is not mentally and intellectually qualified to lead even his village let alone Nigeria.

Buhari is a failure, a total failure!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by Ofemmanu1: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
Bubu be like;

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by mostob(m): 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
what do you expect when he was just a military man.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by passionate88: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
Even ab-okis wey been blind before don dey see road clearly,! shocked shocked shocked shocked wetin come cover that Benue boy eye with the afonjas here?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by christinie(f): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
Who's Buhari?

A cat or a rabbit?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by biggerj(m): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
As for me just i dey dust my PVC dey wait patiently 4 2019, dat's if dis hunger no kill me first.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
Forex policy killing businesses — NECA

By Clifford Ndujihe, Victor Ahiuma-Young, Dapo Akinrefon & Gbenga Oke - LAGOS

Some eminent Nigerians and employers of labour, yesterday, disagreed with Information Minister, Alhaji Lai Mohammed over President Muhammadu Buhari’s economic policy.

While the Information Minister said, yesterday, that President Buhari’s administration was on the right track and that there was no alternative to what it was doing economically, some eminent Nigerians disagreed, insisting that the economy could be run better.

Speaking at a meeting with members of staff of the Nigerian Embassy in Madrid, Spain, during his two-day official visit to the United Nations World Tourism Organisation, UNWTO, according to NAN, Lai Mohammed said: “I believe that we are on the right track, there will be some pains, but there is no alternative to what we are doing.”

He claimed that the administration had fulfilled its campaign promises to address insecurity, fix the economy and fight corruption.

In the area of security, Mohammed said when President Buhari came on board, 14 of the 20 local government areas of Borno State, four in Adamawa and three in Yobe were under the sovereign authority of Boko Haram.
He said the proactive measures and soft diplomacy with neighbouring African countries, the U.S., France and the G-8 had helped the country to “decisively deal with Boko Haram.”

“Today, all the major highways leading to Maiduguri are open and about two months ago, the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, played a league match in Maiduguri stadium,” he said.

On the renewed agitations in the Niger-Delta and parts of the South-East, the minister reassured that the government would not marginalise any part of the country and assured that economic development would go round to everyone.

He stressed that no amount of economic reforms put in place could work unless the monster of corruption was successfully dealt with.
Mohammed said the administration’s fight against corruption was not selective, and that the government was not probing the 2015 elections campaign funds of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The minister’s take on the economic strides of the government elicited sharp response from Second Republic politician, Chief Guy Ikokwu; Second Republic lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Mohammed; the Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association, NECA; and National President of Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Alhaji Yerima Shettima.

There is no economic policy in place – Ikokwu

Decrying the level of poverty in the country, Chief Ikokwu wondered the kind of economic policy that had been in place in the last 14 months.

His words: "The nation is totally confused with regard to the economic policy. If there was clear economic policy, we won’t be in recession. If the policy is market-oriented, instead of government-oriented, the private sector would have readjusted one year after the government took off, there would not have been maximum devaluation of the currency.

"It has been one year without an economic policy. Why should there be imbalance in the economy if there is economic policy? Full implementation of the budget is yet to begin. Economically, the nation is disillusioned and the complaints are everywhere."

Buhari has no economic policy — Mohammed

Second Republic lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, said President Buhari and Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed should stop deceiving Nigerians that this government had any economic policy.

He said: “As far as I am concerned, President Buhari and Lai Mohammed are paying lip service to the economy by telling Nigerians they have a policy. Today, I cannot see anything and several Nigerians cannot see any policy in place.

So, why should Nigerians support this so called policy that they do not know and why should they believe Buhari and Lai Mohammed?

“They talk about diversifying the economy but I can tell you that the same fertilizer I bought for N4,000 last year is now N9,000 this year. If this is what they call diversification, then they are talking nonsense. When there is no insecticide and no better harvest, what are they diversifying the economy to.
“I am not persuaded by that lie by Lai Mohammed."

Nigerians are sick and tired of excuses - Alhaji Yerima Shettima,

Nigerians are sick and tired of the excuses made by the federal government in fixing the nation’s ailing economy.

“This is part of the excuses we have seen from this government. After coming out to state that the previous government failed, the APC promised that it was coming to make things right, but to our surprise, the party is now coming out to tell us that it did not know the extent of the damage done by the past government.

"I must tell you that Nigerians have not had it this bad and this is worrying. When the Federal Government is saying there is no alternative, is it implying that this is a case of incompetence on the part of the government or lack of experience? I see this as an excuse."

Forex policy killing business — Oshinowo, NECA boss

The National Employers Consultative Association, NECA, on its part, said the Foreign Exchange, forex, policy of the government had been killing businesses.
NECA Director-General, Mr. Segun Oshinowo, lamented that the first half of the year was particularly excruciating to businesses as it was very difficult for business owners to access foreign exchange to buy raw materials and critical spare parts.

“First half of the year was horrible because the key issue was access to foreign exchange. Even for those business owners government recognize as having a right to access foreign exchange for their businesses, also found it difficult to access foreign exchange for raw materials and critical spare parts. Even for those big players, with all their muscles and influence, they found it difficult to source for their critical raw materials. Their suppliers could not access foreign exchange to honour their contractual obligations to them. So, on account of that, some of them had to shut down certain aspects of their production lines and declared workers redundant.

“With the flexible foreign exchange market, some are doing a little better than the first half. But, the problem still remains that supplies have not increased significantly. Of course, one should not expect the supplies to improve significantly over night. One advantage this current dispensation should have on this economy is significant inflow of foreign exchange sources other than the sale of our crude oil. I do know that those who are likely to make that happen will not take on the spot decisions. The tendency for them will still be to stand on the sideline and watch whether government will be consistent with its policy.

So, I really did not see an immediate solution to the issue of supply. But as we move towards the end of the year, we want to believe that the supply would improve. Because it is in the improvement of the supply that businesses will be able to have access to foreign exchange. Until that happens, one would continue to see a situation where the difficulties that businesses are going through will still continue towards the end of the year."

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/buhari-no-economic-policy-mohammed/
person wey no pass o level economics, how him wan take get economic policy ?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by ellovee(m): 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
Toeyoursea:
For the first time since 1972, non oil revenue surpassed Oyel money In the second quarter.

Government spending has drastically increased towards infrastructure.

The naira was floated to cushion the effect of dollar demand.

Government fund is centralized in a single account.

Government wants to spend 500 billion as social intervention fund.

A few corrupt public officers are being prosecuted.

Budget process has been made more open.

Government has stopped borrowing from commercial banks to allow private entities leverage on bank loan.

Fuel subsidies have been scrapped.

I can go on and on.

Buhari has no economic policy
In all of these, which really describe economic policy that is geared towards revamping our economy?
1)The govt spending that has increased to infrastructure is contained in a budget that can not be fully implemented - finance minister
2)floating of naira to cushion the effect of dollar demand ended up sky-rocketting the value of dollar against naira
3)govt want to spend N500 on social intervention fund, continuation of campaign even when in power
4)budget process has been made more open. I don't know if you are referring to the national embarrassment we got from the govt. First was missing /stolen, then padding and finally not implementable.
5)removal of subsidy. We are yet to witness the promised and prophesied dividend
Based on these, I have no reservation to conclude that APC govt is INCAPABLE to lead Nigeria.
In subsequent elections, they should not aspire for presidential election, they should limit themselves to gubernatorial elections. This will afford them ample learning opportunity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by manny4life(m): 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
Toeyoursea:
For the first time since 1972, non oil revenue surpassed Oyel money In the second quarter.

Government spending has drastically increased towards infrastructure.

The naira was floated to cushion the effect of dollar demand.

Government fund is centralized in a single account.

Government wants to spend 500 billion as social intervention fund.

A few corrupt public officers are being prosecuted.

Budget process has been made more open.

Government has stopped borrowing from commercial banks to allow private entities leverage on bank loan.

Fuel subsidies have been scrapped.

I can go on and on.

Buhari has no economic policy

Lies.. non-oil receipts has NEVER exceeded oil related revenues. Please stop lying. If this was the case, Nigeria wouldn't be in a partial recession. Nigeria's budget is funded per oil benchmark assuming that we met our 2.2 million export commitment that accounts for 70% of foreign exchange. Buhari was accused of taking out Loans to fund non capital obligations. If what I write is incorrect, post the 2016 budget breakdown.

Government spending had ALWAYS increased, look at prior budget, capital expenditure gradually increased from about 22% to almost 33%, I believe it was 2015 budget that it took a slight dip but it's always been on the rise when NOI was there.

"Naira was floated to cushion the effect of the demand of $$$" - what gibberish are you talking about? In 2015, $$$$ was easily accessible, yes Nigeria was an import nation but was rapidly growing it export base of agriculture and increasing Oil R&grin. The forward looking statement of the oil benchmark and production would have increased our Forex capital gain, while slowly diversifying from oil. For the first time, interbank rate went from N199 to N312 with black market rate at N380. That's a whopping 60% increase. Compare it to now where businesses are being starved of $$$$ even when they have a serious legitimate use of the currency to import raw materials, and you're saying this rubbish like it's an achievement.

I'm not on a computer but I seriously want to debunk your nonsense because non of these are achievements. Face it, Buhari has no sound economic plan in place.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by DamiBukola: 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
You guys should stop complaining after all, u all sworn to vote him even though he has just NEPA Bill

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has No Economic Policy – Mohammed by djcombo(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Duuhh, which regime has had an economic policy before grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’m Still Lagos Police Commissioner, Owoseni Says / Boko Haram Stops Governor Gaidam From Voting In Yobe / Bagudu: Why APC Governors Are Pushing For NEC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.