Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers (56412 Views)

Innocent Nigerian Man Freed In Malaysia After Being Arrested For Cultism. Photos / Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke Mistakenly Executed In Indonesia Over Drugs / Photos Of The Men Who Killed An Uber Driver In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Ormorlehwah(f): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
Lukmann1:
undecided If this was true then they shall sue them. why killed a innocent man...
will you go and sue them?
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Yehman(m): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
bjhaid:
wetin unite for united nations
Ur head dey there smiley
How I wish that man is still alive to witness this wicked economy
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
Alot of sentimental people on here. Indonesia is not Nigeria. They monitor the activities of drug dealers for months before making arrest so as to catch as many as possible. If you are gonna do drugs, stay away from asia and move to europe. i guess the profit in smuggling drugs to asia is high hence the keep moving their in large numbers.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by IamQuins: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
Osama10:

I tell you.

There are countries I would not even remember they exist not to talk of visiting.

I swear, Indonesia. Wetyn dey dat fcking country sef, na wa o. Nigerians neva learn.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
Did you read that the man who framed him up later confessed on his deathbed that Jefferson was innocent, that he framed him up thinking it would make him go free, did you ever read or hear that My brother, be careful in life; don't judge anybody so you won't be judged....only God knows the truth, so refrain from passing judgment on people if you want to live a very peaceful life till you return back to your maker.

For those making mockery of Jefferson's death....remember, other Igbo guys were killed with him but nobody is talking about them probably because they were guilty as charged.....but everyone keep saying Jefferson was innocent of the crime, so be careful with your rejoicing....so affliction like this doesn't befall you tomorrow, that's my little advice to you all

Titus Igweh was in a similar heart breaking situation. His story sent chills down my spine.

[b]Police Electrocuted My Genitals, Forced Me To Confess To Drug Possession In Indonesia - Titus Igweh

Speaking before Indonesian Attorney-General, Muhammad Prasetyo, the Nigerian (Titus Igweh) said, “I was constantly beaten and my genitals electrocuted until I was helpless.

“In fact, I was threatened to be shot,” Igweh added.

His lawyer, Sitor Situmorang, said Supreme Court judges should try cases based on the law and not to achieve popularity or appear tough.

He said, “Mr. Igweh’s conviction was based on the testimony of two alleged accomplices, Marlena and Izuchukwu Okoloaja, who died in police custody and could therefore not testify in court.

“We believe Marlena and Okoloaja gave Michael’s name just so the police would stop torturing them.

“They were healthy when they were arrested, they had no history of illness, they all just suddenly died while in police custody. We all know what that means,” Igweh’s lawyer told the court.

“We accepted Michael’s (Igweh’s) case because we saw it had merit. Out of the many requests from prisoners on Nusakambangan, we only took this,” Situmorang added.[/b]

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/26/police-electrocuted-genitals-forced-confess-drug-possession-indonesia-nigerian-man-cries/

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rawgame(m): 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
Yehman:

Ur head dey there smiley
How I wish that man is still alive to witness this wicked economy
yea, its sad that the same man fela called animal then is ruling us now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ikarm17: 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
Indonesia great job.
Kill all the drug dealing Osus
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

If you say so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qD-mwouPsQ

watch this 5minute thai police interview from 1.12m

excerpt from the interview ....

''he said some of the biggest drug dealing gangs in bangbok are from Nigeria.
Nigerians are bringing shame on Africa. Nigerians are the curse of Africa, and from Nigeria..which is the biggest curse, Igbo people because they are selfish, stubborn and lie so well... many stupid Igbo people sits where you are sitting, they lie and lie during investigation thinking police are stupid then they beg in prison and when they are about to die...''

You can imagine..in a 5minute interview, the detective mentioned Igbo like 50 times. Yu can see they can tell the difference in tribes from Nigeria. That talk about we are all Nigerian is becoming stale.

I am not blaming tribe but all tribe have their faults.. Yorubas are known for scamming but atleast you wont get a death penalty for scamming.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by gabonsky: 6:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
I have travelled to Indonesia in 2009 for 3weeks programme and at the same time studying computer science at LASU.

I can categorily tell u guys that indonesia is as corrupts as Nigeria in every sector but they are strictly adhere to their laws when it come drugs and other related issues because its already stated in your visa that "drugs trafficking will leads to death penalty".

We have over hundred of Nigeria citizens and Africa citizen rotting in their jails for different offences and crimes like unlawful presence in their country, over stay visa and so on.

What I discovered generally is that there is no jobs in indonesia for african citizens and most of them are idle doing nothing and involving themselves in various crimes.

Please my fellow nigerians, stay away from that country and some other Asia countries too if u know u dnt have any tangible things u re doing there.

May he soul rest in perfect peace

God bless our dear country Nigeria.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by AlphaCentauri: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

It's still not the best I tell you. Let's live in unity.
lol you have to tell that to the brothers from that region. they have a tendency to bring the anger out of people. you know hausa and yoruba are naturally very peaceful people. so the ball is not in yoruba or hausas court. you have to tell the guys from that region to cool down. only then will peace reign. like i said yoruba and hausa love peace

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by khaynoni(m): 6:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
OsuIbo:
if i say BI and you say A another man say FRA omo na you sabi

Common sense is not common these days.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by khaynoni(m): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
RIP to the dead.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Sad
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nuahall2k14(m): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ermmmmm. Indonesia is different from Malaysia tho... No missing planes There.
ibkgab001:
Indonesia ... i will not cry for you when another plane of yours miss in transit or comes down after take off

God punish JOKO widodo .... LET HE WHO WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE

Rest in peace my IPOB brother from the other divides
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Smileprince(m): 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
princey83:

These guys would execute any one irrespective of your country of origin if you are caught. Australians were executed last year. British the year before. How much more a Nigerian?
Why won't they If they're guilty. Why will any government hear plea when someone is guilty. They won't even hear for their own citizens.

But why I'm worried is that you people are saying these guys are innocent of their guilt. That's why I said It's bad for our government.
The lawyer they say had evidence of him being innocent. And no one could make the Indonesia government to hear the case out.
When there is evidence of innocence it's very wrong to continue execution.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
Yehman:

Check again
Possibly, the whole Drug related cases in Indonesia

Well...the article linked below gives more accurate figures.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-26/zhang-indonesia-likely-to-execute-more-foreigners/6263122

Sadly, Nigeria is in the ''lead''

And more Indonesians have been executed.

From the article linked above...

According to Attorney General HM Prasetyo, the 34 foreign citizens on death row for drug crimes are from 15 countries. The list, however, includes three Australians rather than just Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran. It does not include Ghanaian citizen Martin Anderson, one of the ten prisoners slated for execution. The list also does not include any citizens from the United States or Thailand, who are all believed to be on death row according to human rights monitors and media reports.

According to this author's own estimates, 41 foreign citizens from 18 countries remain on death row for narcotics crimes. This figure is derived by comparing lists compiled by two human rights monitors Kontras and Imparsial, an un-sourced set of 64 names published on legal website Hukum Online in January 2015, and various media reports.

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
princey83:
Alot of sentimental people on here. Indonesia is not Nigeria. They monitor the activities of drug dealers for months before making arrest so as to catch as many as possible. If you are gonna do drugs, stay away from asia and move to europe. i guess the profit in smuggling drugs to asia is high hence the keep moving their in large numbers.

Story. If they monitor as you claim, it will be easy to catch perpetrators in the act. Why carry people and torture them to confess of something they do not know?
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
princey83:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qD-mwouPsQ

watch this 5minute thai police interview from 1.12m

excerpt from the interview ....

''he said some of the biggest drug dealing gangs in bangbok are from Nigeria.
Nigerians are bringing shame on Africa. Nigerians are the curse of Africa, and from Nigeria..which is the biggest curse, Igbo people because they are selfish, stubborn and lie so well... many stupid Igbo people sits where you are sitting, they lie and lie during investigation thinking police are stupid then they beg in prison and when they are about to die...''

You can imagine..in a 5minute interview, the detective mentioned Igbo like 50 times. Yu can see they can tell the difference in tribes from Nigeria. That talk about we are all Nigerian is becoming stale.

I am not blaming tribe but all tribe have their faults.. Yorubas are known for scamming but atleast you wont get a death penalty for scamming.
The network is poor but I will watch the video. I am not Igbo, I am only speaking my mind. Crime is a national thing not a tribe thing. We have criminals from all tribes in every bit of crime and all in all, they are Nigerians cheesy

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Arijude(m): 7:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
bittertruthz:

As long as he is an Igbo aka nation builder................ He is not innocent. He is guilty as charged.
Bros watch your mouth because 70% of our problems are being brought upon us by our mouth.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by techlorddsblog: 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
The guy might be innocent which is sad, but Indonesia has no fault in hanging people caught doing drugs because they have already made the law.
You get caught, you're on your own o
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by 400billionman: 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
priceaction:
If you follow the story well, to my understanding, the guy(victim) ran a restaurant in Indonesia. He employed some Nigerians and gave them accommodation, in the same house he ran his business they leave there. Now some drug dealers were traced to one of the employed guys (who i think later died in custody but confessed that the guy was not involved but no evidence to back this during his trials) . this later made the authorities to comb the house, and found some drugs in the apartment.
Now the owner of the restaurant, was arrested, and accused of running drug cartel with his business.
He denied owning the drug or involved in it. Eventually, it was not accepted. This led to what we have now.
Be the judge your self.
He may be innocent ,because he looks like one. And since the drug was notbdirectly liknked to him, life years imprisonment would hv been better but, I still don't want to believe you can't monitor activities of someone you gave accommodation and employment to especially in a terrain and hostile environment like Indonesia.
All is late now. Which ever way, lesson to those who always trust any kind of person. Thread carefully. Rip to him.

Guy, things dey happen. How will you spot a minute amount of drugs with ordinary eyes ?

Me being a judge cannot sentence this guy. He looks innocent.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
rawgame:

Put down these stereotypes it's not making your life any better. Besides, you are not a lawyer in Indonesia so you don't know if they don't do same. Don't celebrate bad news like satan

What is funny is you don't see these .same Nigerians shouting hell and brimstone when perceived injustice are done to them in their own country but when a law abiding country is trying to enforce theirs, they cry foul.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
ClitRaider:
Rip flatt.ie.

The day you die, some people will also call you names. You need help!!
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by chysam: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
I wish all PDP members and their supporters both directly and indirectly be executed the same way.

Oh how I wish metuh,Dasuk,Fooloshe ect are Indonesians. I swear their praise singers would see a million dollar on the street without anyone present and prefer to run away than touch it.

God please help us replicate Indonesian laws here before the end of this year. The drug peddlers in Indonesian are Jesus Christ compared to PDP.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
Many Igbos commenting on this issue are saying Other tribes are bigot just because they never condemned the execution. When most of you do abuse other tribes, abuse PMB call him names you never called for support. Una no serious. As long as you are a drug peddler you must die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Artistree: 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
...and many non-Igbos rejoicing here since thought this man boarded a flight from Nigeria to Indonesia with drugs in his bags or body and got caught at the Indonesian airport, and got arrested and later got sentenced to death and shot finally....but many of them now are feeling bad because they have now realized that this man was an employer of labor, a big man, a rich man in Nigerian term.....but because one of his stupid employees helped some drug barons to hid drugs in his room, this man's life got snatched from him for a crime he never committed.

To all those rejoicing and saying its good....think about this....you don't know where life would take u to tomorrow...you may travel out of this country to study, to work, to open a company...and maybe your roommate, your colleague, your employee or friend commits a crime and you get arrested and viola, you get killed because of the crime of someone else you never know about.

To those saying the man ought to know what his employees do in the rooms he gave them, how Even your parents, your siblings don't even know what and what you keep in your room...some of you ladies hide intimate machine in your room, some of your guys hide condoms and even cigarettes in your rooms away from your parents and siblings, so if one day Police comes and finds these things in your room, so your parents and siblings deserves to be killed for what they didnt know right

Karma is watching....let's all be careful with what we say or wish others in this life.....it may be him today, tomorrow maybe you or your loved one.

RIP Jefferson
The best post on this thread...kudos bro!
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by tete7000(m): 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
please forget the sentiment. that man is not innocent. i know many people like that. they own restaurants as a cover to push drugs. the indonesians are not stupid people. that nigga is guilty as charged

job 4 vs 7 Remember, I pray thee, who ever perished, being innocent? or where were the righteous cut off?

...And this is Ecclesiastes 8:14
What is your view after reading it?

There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: the righteous who get what the wicked deserve, and the wicked who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
please forget the sentiment. that man is not innocent. i know many people like that. they own restaurants as a cover to push drugs. the indonesians are not stupid people. that nigga is guilty as charged

job 4 vs 7 Remember, I pray thee, who ever perished, being innocent? or where were the righteous cut off?
Don't mind them. They think being gentle facially makes one an innocent person. Don't we have people in Nigeria that deals with drugs and cover up with legitimate businesses. The country must have investigated this case to the highest level before executing them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by shamecurls(m): 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nuahall2k14:
Ermmmmm. Indonesia is different from Malaysia tho... No missing planes There.

grin grin grin grin

#BadGuy n - You nailed him to Calvary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Attempted Rape: Woman, 16-Year-Old Daughter Murdered By Male Flatmate (Photos) / DSS Arrests Soldier ‘supplying Guns To Kidnappers’ In Abuja (pic) / Frank Ohiozua Killed By His Friend, Edet Ayiasi Over New Car (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.