Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,917 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers (56414 Views)

Innocent Nigerian Man Freed In Malaysia After Being Arrested For Cultism. Photos / Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke Mistakenly Executed In Indonesia Over Drugs / Photos Of The Men Who Killed An Uber Driver In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by BABANGBALI: 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
Lukmann1:
undecided why killed a innocent man...
a innocent man? shocked shocked shocked shocked lukmann onibon grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by HomeOfMe(f): 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nigerians should please leave Indonesia!

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ifeomaekol(f): 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm, nawa oooo! This kan story dey tire me. Imagine dying for something u kw nothing about?? Jux imagine! So much innocent bloods spilled everywhere, lord hv mercy.- hw ll such a soul RIP? How??

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by BABANGBALI: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
IamQuins:

I swear, Indonesia. Wetyn dey dat fcking country sef, na wa o. Nigerians neva learn.
their girls toto sweet pass honey and the thing no dey make noise or bring out water wey bedsheet go wet
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by comeandmarry: 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
I hate to read this

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by charlsecy(m): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
VolTOxic:
So why wasn't his evidence brought to light at the heat of his trial?
Who told you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Yehman(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
bjhaid:
yea, its sad that the same man fela called animal then is ruling us now.
Hahahaha! Animal won dash us human right.
I still wonder how he got there. People can be easily swayed
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Yehman(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
bjhaid:
yea, its sad that the same man fela called animal then is ruling us now.
Hahahaha! Animal won dash us human right
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by BABANGBALI: 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
princey83:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qD-mwouPsQ

watch this 5minute thai police interview from 1.12m

excerpt from the interview ....

''he said some of the biggest drug dealing gangs in bangbok are from Nigeria.
Nigerians are bringing shame on Africa. Nigerians are the curse of Africa, and from Nigeria..which is the biggest curse, Igbo people because they are selfish, stubborn and lie so well... many stupid Igbo people sits where you are sitting, they lie and lie during investigation thinking police are stupid then they beg in prison and when they are about to die...''

You can imagine..in a 5minute interview, the detective mentioned Igbo like 50 times. Yu can see they can tell the difference in tribes from Nigeria. That talk about we are all Nigerian is becoming stale.

I am not blaming tribe but all tribe have their faults.. Yorubas are known for scamming but atleast you wont get a death penalty for scamming.
true talk
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by win3k: 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
HomeOfMe:

You are clearly an illiterate, Indonesia is only after ibos who deal drugs, other Nigerians are not targeted.

an educated person will say

ibos should leave Indonesia and take their drugs with them!
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Yehman(m): 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well...the article linked below gives more accurate figures.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-26/zhang-indonesia-likely-to-execute-more-foreigners/6263122

Sadly, Nigeria is in the ''lead''

And more Indonesians have been executed.

From the article linked above...

Do not be deceived by those articles bro. Confirm from people that are on ground what America do when their citizens are involved in Drug trafficking in Indonesia.
If 5 people were caught for instance;and 1 person is an American, don't be surprise to see that only 4 persons would be killed on the day of execution
U might find it difficult to believe anyway
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by lakesider(m): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
as long as i don t support killing innocent people . drug dealers are cruel killers
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ATERI(m): 9:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Drug dealing is not a petty crime in any civilized country.

Know the laws of the country you're traveling to.

Stop selling drugs and ruining lives. Your selfish and greedy mentality ruin lives. Do you think your drugs are used in cements?

In civilized society such as?
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
HomeOfMe:

Yess oooo. They should come back home to a country where it is apparently legal to burn people in the streets. Nigeria is way safer and people follow the law to the letter.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by mathskill: 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
ibkgab001:
Indonesia ... i will not cry for you when another plane of yours miss in transit or comes down after take off

God punish JOKO widodo .... LET HE WHO WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE

Rest in peace my IPOB brother from the other divides

What is it with you guys and condoning criminality. A crime was committed ;one in which he clearly new the consequences if caught,caught indeed he was,law ran its course,conviction delivered and carried out and here you are attempting to hijack the narrative.

you guys need to "hang a lantern on your problem".
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ibkgab001: 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
It is well with your soul

Cast the first stone if have never sin before
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by ikarm17: 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
princey83:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qD-mwouPsQ

watch this 5minute thai police interview from 1.12m

excerpt from the interview ....

''he said some of the biggest drug dealing gangs in bangbok are from Nigeria.
Nigerians are bringing shame on Africa. Nigerians are the curse of Africa, and from Nigeria..which is the biggest curse, Igbo people because they are selfish, stubborn and lie so well... many stupid Igbo people sits where you are sitting, they lie and lie during investigation thinking police are stupid then they beg in prison and when they are about to die...''

You can imagine..in a 5minute interview, the detective mentioned Igbo like 50 times. Yu can see they can tell the difference in tribes from Nigeria. That talk about we are all Nigerian is becoming stale.

I am not blaming tribe but all tribe have their faults.. Yorubas are known for scamming but atleast you wont get a death penalty for scamming.

Hahaha grin
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by mash2(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
It is always heart breaking when you see innocent lives lost due to some judicial murder! One wonders where the Nigerian Embassy and the Ambassador were in all of years the guy was incarcerated! Where is the government of Nigeria that was sworn to protect Nigerian lives home and abroad? If that guy was innocent, my heart bleeds!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Ngozi123(f): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
bittertruthz:

As long as he is an Igbo aka nation builder................ He is not innocent. He is guilty as charged.

TheNewIbadan:

Don't bring Yoruba or Hausa into this. When it concerns your people, you remember the other tribes. When it's Yoruba, you kick them.

Yorubas don't go to Indonesia, **** to deal drugs

bittertruthz:

He is not innocent. Quote me anywhere. A black jew can never be innocent of drugs.
If its terrorism, i will deny for him but for drug matter? NO WAY.

There was a country...
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by HomeOfMe(f): 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
win3k:

You are clearly an illiterate, Indonesia is only after ibos who deal drugs, other Nigerians are not targeted.

an educated person will say

ibos should leave Indonesia and take their drugs with them!
You clearly have issues with insecurities and low self esteem by having to insult me before you can drive home your points. The bias moderators would pretend they did not see the insults but would be quick to ban me if I decide to reply you in your own coin. You insulted me for asking Nigerians in Indonesia to return home. The last time I checked,ibos are Nigerians,there's no country on the surface of the earth called "ibos" or biafra". Omo lasan ikeji aja!

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by AlphaCentauri: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
tete7000:

...And this is Ecclesiastes 8:14
What is your view after reading it?

There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: the righteous who get what the wicked deserve, and the wicked who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless.
its two different things. yours is talking about what people deserve. like how you see a wicked rich man but a poor righteous man. the one i posted is talking about ' being killed '. no righteous person gets killed cut off cuz God protects the righteous. and the righteous being in poverty is just so as to refine them in the furnace of affliction but king solomon did not see the bigger picture. he just saw righteous people were poor and wicked people lived longer and were rich and it baffled him. but we are in enlightened times now and we know why it is happening. we are in those times when knowledge will be increased
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by muzeze77: 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Reading this news keeps bringing tears to my eyes. Someone's Father and husband has been murdered without given a second chance. I don't think anyone should take a life he didn't create, but God knows all. TheGood Joe, keep it up but I just hope you would do this for other tribes and not condemn like some chaps here do. These are our brothers and sisters from another mother but some folks don't see it that way. Keep up the good job but remember not to be sentimental.

Let me add this, to y'all nairalanders, let him who is without sin sin be the first to cast the stone ****

I doubt this. Ask your self. why in the whole africa . Nigeria is the only country that has produced the drug convicts in Indonesia. Ask yourself why in the whole Nigeria. One part of the country has been producing this convicts. I love my brothers from the east a great deal and they need to know that Life is more precious than Money. It has to stop. There is no month that one of them is not caught with drug . It has to stop. All fishes eat human flesh yet its the shark that has the bad name. They are giving us bad names around the world and even if the person is innocent Indonesia will not care i think the death penalty has been reserved for Nigerians and the other indonesian added was just for show
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rawgame(m): 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
pippimp:

What is funny is you don't see these .same Nigerians shouting hell and brimstone when perceived injustice are done to them in their own country but when a law abiding country is trying to enforce theirs, they cry foul.

Who is this one?
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by pippimp(m): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
rawgame:

Who is this one?

The person telling you as it is. This kind of criticism coming from a country where citizens summarily execute suspects in the street is hilarious to say the least.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by sholasure(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
Rip
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by mindtricks: 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
RIP Jefferson Humphrey Ejike Eleweke

Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke, Nigeria

Jefferson, then a restaurant owner, was arrested in 2003 after police found 1.7kg of heroin in a room used by one of his employees. He was sentenced to death in 2004 and had until this week declined to ask for presidential clemency as it would entail seeking forgiveness for a crime of which he said he was innocent. His lawyers say there is evidence that he was framed.

These desperate killings of mostly foreigners under such cloudy circumstances often with hardly sufficient evidence whilst the the real Indonesian drug barons themselves roam free can best be described as lipservice and may be likened to Nigeria's FG style of rooting for boko haram foot soldiers while their sponsors remain forever immune.
A case of drug offences where Indonesian government has zero tolerance and must kill the accused if "found guilty" , tolerance and room for such errors should at best be nonexistent, which unexpectedly is contrary to information gathered from sources from that same country.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rawgame(m): 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
pippimp:

The person telling you as it is. This kind of criticism coming from a country where citizens summarily execute suspects in the street is hilarious to say the least.

You seem to be a masquerading mod. You want to get me angry so that you will turn around and ban me after. Your scheme didn't work this time. Take your leave.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Ogunleti01: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
RIP Jefferson Humphrey Ejike Eleweke

Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke, Nigeria

Jefferson, then a restaurant owner, was arrested in 2003 after police found 1.7kg of heroin in a room used by one of his employees. He was sentenced to death in 2004 and had until this week declined to ask for presidential clemency as it would entail seeking forgiveness for a crime of which he said he was innocent. His lawyers say there is evidence that he was framed.
There is nothing in this world more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Never would i in the wildest of imaginations hustle at the expense of my life. If you talk now they would say "...be the first to cast..."
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by mindtricks: 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
bittertruthz:

He is not innocent. Quote me anywhere. A black jew can never be innocent of drugs.
If its terrorism, i will deny for him but for drug matter? NO WAY.

Yes buddy, the bittertruthz is he is guilty just as Saro Wiwa was "found" guilty under Abacha's regime.

You don't think issues demand complete thoroughness which is already being put in question here? If you don't have sufficient details on what transpired over there, needless swearing that the Indonesian courts and govt did their due diligence.
Even here in Nigeria people are being punished for offences they didn't commit, let alone in a foreign land.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by vickylala239: 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Reading this news keeps bringing tears to my eyes. Someone's Father and husband has been murdered without given a second chance. I don't think anyone should take a life he didn't create, but God knows all. TheGood Joe, keep it up but I just hope you would do this for other tribes and not condemn like some chaps here do. These are our brothers and sisters from another mother but some folks don't see it that way. Keep up the good job but remember not to be sentimental.

Let me add this, to y'all nairalanders, let him who is without sin sin be the first to cast the stone ****

What was he doing There in the 1st place...

Is it wen he knew he will die that he remembered that he is a Nigerian....

What happen to his lawyer,since he Claim he was blackmailed...Wat was d lawyers duty?

who does Nt knw that Indonesia is no drug zone....

Who does not knw that Indonesia is not Lik Nigeria, where a Senator can threat to kill a fellow Senator and nothing will happen....

Or loot money,den drag court case for 20yrs....

Or boko haram members given life in jail rather that. Killing them....after killing numerous...

Is it now that he knew he had,wife and kids...

Why will u enter lions den,even wen u Hv seen and read numerous warning that,that zone is life or death....

What was he looking for in Indonesia that he cnt find in another country.....

My dear forget Nigerians,they almost wnt to do unthinkable.......

To me I support Indonesia for this...now everyone will check his or her self,u will check ur bag on ur own before entering Indonesia....
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by vickylala239: 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
priceaction:
If you follow the story well, to my understanding, the guy(victim) ran a restaurant in Indonesia. He employed some Nigerians and gave them accommodation, in the same house he ran his business they leave there. Now some drug dealers were traced to one of the employed guys (who i think later died in custody but confessed that the guy was not involved but no evidence to back this during his trials) . this later made the authorities to comb the house, and found some drugs in the apartment.
Now the owner of the restaurant, was arrested, and accused of running drug cartel with his business.
He denied owning the drug or involved in it. Eventually, it was not accepted. This led to what we have now.
Be the judge your self.
He may be innocent ,because he looks like one. And since the drug was notbdirectly liknked to him, life years imprisonment would hv been better but, I still don't want to believe you can't monitor activities of someone you gave accommodation and employment to especially in a terrain and hostile environment like Indonesia.
All is late now. Which ever way, lesson to those who always trust any kind of person. Thread carefully. Rip to him.

Why was this not said in court...

Why did dis story not cum out soon...

He was investigated....

He got a lawyer....What was the duty of the lawyer...

He exhausted all his legal push n culd Nt clear himself....

What are you guys thinking...
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
vickylala239:

Why was this not said in court...

Why did dis story not cum out soon...

He was investigated....

He got a lawyer....What was the duty of the lawyer...

He exhausted all his legal push n culd Nt clear himself....

What are you guys thinking...

Jefferson and Titus were denied fair hearings.

All legal Avenues were not exhausted. Jefferson had an appeal hearing coming up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Attempted Rape: Woman, 16-Year-Old Daughter Murdered By Male Flatmate (Photos) / DSS Arrests Soldier ‘supplying Guns To Kidnappers’ In Abuja (pic) / Frank Ohiozua Killed By His Friend, Edet Ayiasi Over New Car (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.