Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists (2784 Views)

Breaking -obasanjo Calls For The Assasination Of The Leader Of Ipob Nnamdi Kanu / Fani-Kayode's Daughter Oluwaremile Graduates From Lincoln Community School Ghana / Read What Happened That Made Dakuku Peterside Escape Assasination Attempt(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
I am aware that here in Nairaland there is so many sections to attend to, so i would not take much of your time by typing an unncessary long article. Any one who is interested on a more detailed article about the death of the 16th President of America should visit feel free to visit wikipedia:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Abraham_Lincoln. For the purpose of the question i would just pick very necessary part of the story from Wikipedia. Yet still, i advised that you take your time to read this if you intend to make a good comment you must first understand the story. It is very interesting and i trust it would interest you.

Here goes: United States President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth on Good Friday, April 14, 1865, while attending the play Our American Cousin at Ford's Theatre as the American Civil War was drawing to a close.[1] The assassination occurred five days after the commander of the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia, General Robert E. Lee, surrendered to Lieutenant General Ulysses S. Grant and the Union Army of the Potomac.

Lincoln was the first American president to be assassinated.[2] An unsuccessful attempt had been made on Andrew Jackson 30 years before in 1835, and Lincoln had himself been the subject of an earlier assassination attempt by an unknown assailant in August 1864. The assassination of Lincoln was planned and carried out by the well-known stage actor John Wilkes Booth, as part of a larger conspiracy in a bid to revive the Confederate cause

Day of the assassination
Booth's actions before the assassination
Abraham Lincoln head on shoulders photo portrait.jpg This article is part of a series
about

On April 14, 1865, Booth's morning started at the stroke of midnight. Lying wide awake in his bed at the National Hotel, he wrote his mother that all was well, but that he was "in haste". In his diary, he wrote that "Our cause being almost lost, something decisive and great must be done".[8]:728[12]:346

Lincoln's day started well for the first time in a long time; he woke up cheerful. Senator James Harlan remembered taking a drive with the Lincolns only days before the president's assassination, and found him transformed. "His whole appearance, poise and bearing had marvelously changed. He was, in fact, transfigured. That indescribable sadness which had previously seemed to be an adamantean element in his very being, had been suddenly exchanged for an equally indescribable expression of serene joy as if conscious that the great purpose of his life had been achieved." Hugh McCulloch, the new Secretary of the Treasury, remarked that on that morning, "I never saw Mr. Lincoln so cheerful and happy". Edwin M. Stanton said: "At the earliest moment yesterday, the President called a cabinet meeting, at which Gen. Grant was present. He was more cheerful and happy than I had ever seen him. He rejoiced at the near prospect of a firm and durable peace at home and abroad, which manifested in a marked degree the soundness and honesty of his disposition, and the tender and forgiving spirit that so eminently distinguished him." No one could miss the difference. For months, the President had looked pale and haggard. Lincoln himself told people how happy he was. This caused First Lady Mary Todd Lincoln some concern, as she believed that saying such things out loud was bad luck. Lincoln paid her no heed.[12]:346 Lincoln told members of his cabinet that he had dreamed that he was on a "singular and indescribable vessel that was moving with great rapidity toward a dark and indefinite shore." He also revealed that he'd had the same dream repeatedly on previous occasions, before "nearly every great and important event of the War" such as the victories at Antietam, Murfreesboro, Gettysburg and Vicksburg.[13]

At around noon while visiting Ford's Theatre to pick up his mail (Booth had a permanent mailbox there), Booth learned from the brother of John Ford, the owner, that the President and General Grant would be attending the theatre to see Our American Cousin that night. Booth determined that this was the perfect opportunity for him to do something "decisive".[12]:346 He knew the theater's layout, having performed there several times, as recently as the previous month.[7]:12[14]:108–9

At seven o'clock that evening, John Wilkes Booth met for a final time with all his fellow conspirators.
THE ASSASINAITION

The Lincoln party arrived late and settled into the Presidential Box, which was actually two corner box seats with the dividing wall between them removed. The play was stopped briefly and the orchestra played "Hail to the Chief" as the audience gave the president a rousing standing ovation. Ford's Theatre was full with 1,700 in attendance.[17] Mrs. Lincoln whispered to her husband, who was holding her hand, "What will Miss Harris think of my hanging on to you so?" The president smiled and replied, "She won't think anything about it".[7]:39 Those were the last words ever spoken by Abraham Lincoln, although it was claimed he later told his wife he desired to visit the Holy Land, finishing by saying, "There is no place I so much desire to see as Jerusalem."[18]:434

About 10:25 pm, a man came in and walked slowly along the side on which the "Pres" box was and I heard a man say, "There's Booth" and I turned my head to look at him. He was still walking very slow and was near the box door when he stopped, took a card from his pocket, wrote something on it, and gave it to the usher who took it to the box. In a minute the door was opened and he walked in.

Upon gaining access through the first door of the entry to the Presidential Box, Booth barricaded the inward-swinging door behind him with a wooden stick that he wedged between the wall and the door. He then turned around, and looked through the tiny peep-hole he had carved in the second door (which granted entry to the Presidential Box) earlier that day.[22]:173

Although he had never starred in the play itself, Booth knew the play by heart, and thus waited for the precise moment when actor Harry Hawk (playing the lead role of the "cousin", Asa Trenchard), would be on stage alone to speak what was considered the funniest line of the play. Booth hoped to employ the enthusiastic response of the audience to muffle the sound of his gunshot. With the stage to himself, Asa (Hawk) responded to the recently departed Mrs. Mountchessington, "Don't know the manners of good society, eh? Well, I guess I know enough to turn you inside out, old gal; you sockdologizing old man-trap!" Hysterical laughter began permeating the theatre.

Booth opened the door, crept forward and shot the President at point-blank range, mortally wounding him.[7]:42–3 The bullet struck the back of Lincoln's head behind his left ear, entered his skull, fractured part of it badly and went through the left side of his brain before lodging just above his right eye almost exiting the other side of his head. Lincoln immediately lost consciousness. Lincoln slumped over in his rocking chair, and then backward. Mary reached out, caught him, and then screamed when she realized what had happened.

Here's where my question comes in :

[b]It is widely believed that Lincoln anticipated his assassination.[9]

According to Ward Hill Lamon, Lincoln's friend and biographer, three days before his assassination Lincoln discussed with Lamon and others a dream he had, saying:

About ten days ago, I retired very late. I had been up waiting for important dispatches from the front. I could not have been long in bed when I fell into a slumber, for I was weary. I soon began to dream. There seemed to be a death-like stillness about me. Then I heard subdued sobs, as if a number of people were weeping. I thought I left my bed and wandered downstairs. There the silence was broken by the same pitiful sobbing, but the mourners were invisible. I went from room to room; no living person was in sight, but the same mournful sounds of distress met me as I passed along. I saw light in all the rooms; every object was familiar to me; but where were all the people who were grieving as if their hearts would break? I was puzzled and alarmed. What could be the meaning of all this? Determined to find the cause of a state of things so mysterious and so shocking, I kept on until I arrived at the East Room, which I entered. There I met with a sickening surprise. Before me was a catafalque, on which rested a corpse wrapped in funeral vestments. Around it were stationed soldiers who were acting as guards; and there was a throng of people, gazing mournfully upon the corpse, whose face was covered, others weeping pitifully. 'Who is dead in the White House?' I demanded of one of the soldiers, 'The President,' was his answer; 'he was killed by an assassin.' Then came a loud burst of grief from the crowd, which woke me from my dream. I slept no more that night; and although it was only a dream, I have been strangely annoyed by it ever since.[10]

On the day of the assassination, Lincoln had told his bodyguard, William H. Crook, that he had been having dreams of himself being assassinated for three straight nights. Crook advised Lincoln not to go that night to Ford's Theatre, but Lincoln said he had promised his wife they would go. As Lincoln left for the theater, he turned to Crook and said, "Goodbye, Crook." According to Crook, this was the first time he said that. Before, Lincoln had always said, "Good night, Crook." Crook later recalled: "It was the first time that he neglected to say 'Good Night' to me and it was the only time that he ever said 'Good-bye'. I thought of it at that moment and, a few hours later, when the news flashed over Washington that he had been shot, his last words were so burned into my being that they can never be forgotten."[11]

After Lincoln was shot, Mary was quoted as saying, "His dream was prophetic."[/b]

How does atheism relate the account of Lincoln's dreams that pointed to the day of his assassination?

REASONS WHY LINCOLN’S DREAM WASN’T RANDOM OR A RESULT OF PREVIOUS ASSASSINATION ATTEMPTS

1. His dream was no psychological reaction of previous assassination attempt, because he was living a happy life after that attempt his last assassination attempt was in 1864.

I would post a quote from President Lincoln immediately the last failed attempt on his life in 1864 [/b]when the soldier brought back President Lincoln’s hat that has fell of his head after a gun shot this is what the President had to say:

[b]‘Now, in the face of this testimony in favor of your theory of danger to me, personally, I can’t bring myself to believe that any one has shot or will deliberately shoot at me with the purpose of killing me; although I must acknowledge that I heard this fellow’s bullet whistle at an uncomfortably short distance from these headquarters of mine. I have about concluded that the shot was the result of accident. It may be that someone on his return from a day’s hunt, regardless of the course of his discharge, fired off his gun as a precautionary measure of safety to his family after reaching his house’.

Does this sound like a statement of a person who was very scared and would have nightmares because of his psychological fears of death?

When they got home the President stressed out more clearly:

‘The whole thing seems farcical. No good can result at this time from giving it publicity. It does seem to me that I am in more danger from the augmentation of an imaginary peril than from a judicious silence, be the danger ever so great’.

He had no fears or insecurities at the day a shot was fired and missed his head, how then could psychology or whatever bring hunted dreams to him nine months later in April 1865.

2. The fact that his wife invited to the theater to watch the play, this clearly shows he wasn’t having any psychological fears that he wasn’t afraid to go out. If it was so bad and you and, would he not be so psychologically fear sickened to go to the theatre. Instead Lincoln went with his wife and was even laughing at the moment he got shot.

3. The dream Lincoln had clearly mentioned that he would be killed by assassination which happened eventually, because this was a revelation of ALMIGHTY GOD. If the dream had said Lincoln would be killed by a mob, or by food poisoning it would be clear t[b]that the dream was random. But the dream gave him the exact method of his death. [/b]

4. There is no record at all, of Lincoln being psychologically disturbed, and having nightmares as a result of hatred or assassination of his life. The only dream that gave him trouble came in April 1865, about a week and 3 days from his assassination. The dream was as not a psychologically reaction or random dream; because it pointed out to him that 'the president was killed by an assassin'.

Why would Lincoln not have such experience until 10 days to his death not at other attempts on his life? Why would the dream mention exactly how he would be killed not by poisoning or by mob but exactly by assassination? why would Lincoln greet his bodyguard 'Goodbye' rather than his usual 'Goodnight'?

Here is something beautiful God's word says. That Jehovah always showed mercy to men by speaking to them in dreams. Especially men in authority. To warn them especially against a danger, so that there can take necessary action. It is left to the man, to take action or to act in disregard to the instruction. In the Beautiful book called the Bible, God spoke to two kings(Presidents) of Egypt using dreams . To one he warned against him, lying with another man's wife that could bring great punishment on him, To another about a famine that would hit the whole world, so that he and his people might be saved and save the whole world, by storing food. God also spoke to men like, Job, John, Paul, Jacob, King of Babylon, Daniel and many men in the time of the bible through dreams, even some not recorded.

Today God is still alive, that is why you read about the way he spoke to President Lincoln, he also have spoken to me in dreams myself. it will do you well to pray to him and be humble and he would show you that he is mercy and loves you! I repeat be humble and pray to him with a sincere and calm heart he would show you that he is mercy and that he loves you!!!!

Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Knightngale(f): 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
I hate Atheists
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by nrexzy: 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
Who wrote the bible who wrote the Koran??

1 Like

Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Luckymay(f): 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hmm touching. Waiting for stunch atheists to come clarify the matter.
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
You guys should stop making atheists feel important abeg
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
Knightngale:
I hate Atheists

Sis, i understand that you mean you hate atheism!
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Stupedinluv:
You guys should stop making atheists feel important abeg

To be honest, you are right o. I was reasoning to myself today i took nearly a month of nairaland because i was getting pissed with the way atheism and gayism is been celebrated everyday. Then i taught to myself, what they are saying does not really change anything for us who believe in the faithful God. It does absolutely nothing. iWe believers should go about doing good, working hard, loving one another and getting our heavy blessings from our good God. We shouldn't be distracted or so overwhelmed by their misleading philosophies. Yet still, we must keep showing them the wonders of his mercies in the most pleasing way to God.

Our God is our alive!!! Jehovah reigns!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
Luckymay:
Hmm touching. Waiting for stunch atheists to come clarify the matter.

Yes
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
The argument is that Lincoln lived a life as president many times with little concern for security. He knew his life style and his action of freeing the slaves made almost a half of the country hate him. If Lincoln dreamt that he would be killed, it probably is because he knew a lot of people wanted to kill him. Before his assassination, twice he was almost killed. He was not oblivious of this fact.

You dream that you went to church on Sunday does not mean it was the dream that will make you go to church tomorrow. Or that you had any special revelations.

2 Likes

Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:
The argument is that Lincoln lived a life as president many times with little concern for security. He knew his life style and his action of freeing the slaves made almost a half of the country hate him. If Lincoln dreamt that he would be killed, it probably is because he knew a lot of people wanted to kill him. Before his assassination, twice he was almost killed. He was not oblivious of this fact.

You dream that you went to church on Sunday does not mean it was the dream that will make you go to church tomorrow. Or that you had any special revelations.

Funny way to argue. it is "probably" you say? it Is probably he did not have this dream all along the previous attempts on his life but very close to the day of his death. It is probably the dream reflected exactly how he was killed and not previous attempts, it is probably he greeted his bodyguard goodbye instead of his usually goodnight. Bro it is probably you do not have an answer for me. Please sir, just see the right reasons for once, and do not just be difficult. Jehovah cares!
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 31, 2016
EBLABOR:

Funny way to argue. it is "probably" you say? it Is probably he did not have this dream all along the previous attempts on his life but very close to the day of his death. It is probably the dream reflected exactly how he was killed and not previous attempts, it is probably he greeted his bodyguard goodbye instead of his usually goodnight. Bro it is probably you do not have an answer for me. Please sir, just see the right reasons for once, and do not just be difficult. Jehovah cares!

Sorry if you do not understand "probably" and the principle of confirmation bias. Also, reasoning like you, I can make the fact that I just farted be a sign. A sign that something is about to happen. Why don't you think it was the devil that revealed it to him. Or Bhudah. Or a Genie. People who reason like this make explaining christianity to atheist worse!!!

I am not an atheist. But I will rather be one than to be this quick to react without thinking. Just because I tell you what their arguments are you are quick to believe I am an atheist. People (especially Nigerians) with hasty conclusions, ignorance and quick reactions as opposed to deep thought. Nigerians react based on observed copied behaviors. They don't think.

Read my reply, I told you what their arguments are. You raised a point and asked what they think. I endeavored to inform you about their argument to fill up the void of ignorance. Instead of analyzing the argument, you already label me what I am not. Shame. Big fat shame on what religion causes. How it erases humanity and promotes prejudice. God himself is not prejudicial. If he is then he is not worth being God. Even God reasons properly. As a matter of fact he admonishes people to reason and think. And not just react from copied/imbibed behaviors and reactions.

Lincoln dreamt that he will be killed, greeted someone differently, does not prove GOD. You will make a mess of yourself. Finally STOP TRYING TO PROVE GOD. NATURE ITSELF IS PROOF ENOUGH THAT IT IS BASED ON SOME PRINCIPLES, LAWS AND PROCESSES OF A GRAND DESIGNER. Calling Atheists out using Lincoln is only hilarious but will get you no where. The possessed slave girl in the bible also predicted people's future, saw omens and all that in Acts 16.

Mentioning "Jehovah" cares is like most cheating, thieving Nigerians who call their business "God is Good Ventures" or "God's Blessing Nigeria Limited" or "Jehovah Jireh Company Limited" but their businesses never expand. They think they can mention God amidst cheating, lying, selling fake products and stealing. At the end companies like Coke, Shell, Chevron, IBM, go international. They might not have "God" in their names, they are more sincere than those who call "God", "Jehovah".

Finally, just because it is "reported" that all these happened does not even make it true. It could be the conspiracy of testimonies of people who want to make him look great! So let us not start being unreasonable because we can type and hit "submit" on nairaland.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2016
^^^
Hahahahahahaha...Illuminati dey use Gmail. Chai. Sorry to the conclave of sages. I apologize on your behalf.

When I thought scam artists had exhausted all their antics, they bring a new and hilarious one.

If you want be informed about the Illuminati, let me know. I can give you a whole lot of information (Books,etc). Not that stupid pirated video about musicians in Illuminati. That is bullshit.

Anyway, have fun with the gullible.
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by AgentOfAllah: 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Sorry if you do not understand "probably" and the principle of confirmation bias. Also, reasoning like you, I can make the fact that I just farted be a sign. A sign that something is about to happen. Why don't you think it was the devil that revealed it to him. Or Bhudah. Or a Genie. People who reason like this make explaining christianity to atheist worse!!!

I am not an atheist. But I will rather be one than to be this quick to react without thinking. Just because I tell you what their arguments are you are quick to believe I am an atheist. People (especially Nigerians) with hasty conclusions, ignorance and quick reactions as opposed to deep thought. Nigerians react based on observed copied behaviors. They don't think.

Read my reply, I told you what their arguments are. You raised a point and asked what they think. I endeavored to inform you about their argument to fill up the void of ignorance. Instead of analyzing the argument, you already label me what I am not. Shame. Big fat shame on what religion causes. How it erases humanity and promotes prejudice. God himself is not prejudicial. If he is then he is not worth being God. Even God reasons properly. As a matter of fact he admonishes people to reason and think. And not just react from copied/imbibed behaviors and reactions.

Lincoln dreamt that he will be killed, greeted someone differently, does not prove GOD. You will make a mess of yourself. Finally STOP TRYING TO PROVE GOD. NATURE ITSELF IS PROOF ENOUGH THAT IT IS BASED ON SOME PRINCIPLES, LAWS AND PROCESSES OF A GRAND DESIGNER. Calling Atheists out using Lincoln is only hilarious but will get you no where. The possessed slave girl in the bible also predicted people's future, saw omens and all that in Acts 16.

Mentioning "Jehovah" cares is like most cheating, thieving Nigerians who call their business "God is Good Ventures" or "God's Blessing Nigeria Limited" or "Jehovah Jireh Company Limited" but their businesses never expand. They think they can mention God amidst cheating, lying, selling fake products and stealing. At the end companies like Coke, Shell, Chevron, IBM, go international. They might not have "God" in their names, they are more sincere than those who call "God", "Jehovah".

Finally, just because it is "reported" that all these happened does not even make it true. It could be the conspiracy of testimonies of people who want to make him look great! So let us not start being unreasonable because we can type and hit "submit" on nairaland.

You have demonstrated that you have regard for objectivity. Well done!

It is not clear to me, how the OP arrived at a supernatural conclusion. If the events leading to Abe's murder, his dreams in particular, were supernatural, then what purpose did they serve? What kind of cruel god will burden you with haunting images of your own death, without meaning to avert it? I mean, to what end? Did god intentionally allow Abe to have a dream about his death, and then allow him die so that god could demonstrate its existence to atheists at some distant future?

In my life time, I've dreamt about my own assassination no less that 2 times that I can remember, and I don't even have remotely as many enemies as Abe would have had. I may end up dying a natural death or I may very well be assassinated, who knows? None of those outcomes will prove that my dreams were prescient in any way whatsoever, because I have also had many other random dreams that may seem prescient, but are demonstrably pointless (just like dreaming about your death and eventually dying). This is no joke: I once dreamt that I was walking to my classroom after arriving school. Guess what happened the next morning? I walked to my classroom after arriving school. What do you suppose that proves?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

First i must apologize if it seems i might jumped into the conclusion you were an atheist. But as you yourself say you would prefer to be one. Someone who is believes loves JESUS CHRIST, would for no reason at no instant of time wish that he'd be an atheist. You were unsure of what your were saying, that has nothing to do with prejudice. The Wonderful power of God that manifested when Paul casted out the demon in the slave girl has nothing to be used in relation to the dream of Abraham Lincoln. How did you even relate that?. I know what you are trying to do, to act as though you honour God so that by that means you might appear as an Angel of light and deceive the gullible. Yet by the Mercy of the Almighty God he knows those who are his and he is able to save men who are wise and humble from your deceit. What is consequences has the slave girl story on the dream of Lincoln i ask you again? Haven't you read that God use dreams as a means of speaking to many men, especially those in authority? Haven't you heard of God's dream to Pharoah to warn against sleeping with Abrahams wife? Or to another Pharoah to warn of Famine? Or to the King of Babylon during the time of daniel? or the dream of Joseph husband of Mary? For in diverse means has God spoken to men through dreams. HEB 1:1. You are just stubborn and want to take the glory to the one you serve the devil. What would it benefit the devil that Lincoln was told of his death?? It is clear that God always speak to men of authority.

And about proven God, Yes all of nature and creation points to Jehovah the great and mighty, every miraculous deed or sign points to God. The dreams of Joseph and Pharoah, of daniel and the king of Babylon and the dream of President Lincoln Proves even more that God is great and mighty and willing to guide and save men at every generation and time. If they are willing to be humble, obedient and faithful. This Proves more the existence of God.

Yes and about People trying to make him great. It is clear that God has blessed Lincoln and made him a very great man, even millions of people who have never heard of the great way God spoke to him about his death all agree Lincoln was great. Just call Abraham Lincoln and you would begin to hear many good things about him. Rather what the dream proves is that God is great and kind! try and understand this!

Mary Lincoln or President Lincoln best friend never need to lie to make Abraham Lincoln great. Abraham was no Prophet, that wasn't his calling. And you know the truth. The was no direct benefit to Lincoln, his best friend or his wife as a result of the revelation of his dream. The benefit was to the name of God. And i believe this pains you. Well, God is great and nobody is greater!

Finally, in all of your contentions, i find no disaprove of the fact that God wasn't the one of showed lincoln the dream. The Proves that God speaks to kings, Lincoln is one. You were unable to disprove it. You just wanted to argue and used a shrewdish wisdom to confuse people and make yourself better. But i am glad, God has the victory! and we who believe in him can boldly say he would always guide and direct us in diverse means from harm and into his beautiful blessings. Yes Jehovah indeed cares, it is the truth! I say it again and there is nothing that can change it, no trick of using shops or businesses, no tricks of saying christians are not sincere. Because i know thousands of christians ( i am one) who say Jehovah cares! and are sincere and their businesses are doing marvelous great. Thanks to the Lord almighty God.

JEHOVAH CARES!

LET THE EARTH PRAISE JEHOVAH, WHO IS THE KINGS OF KINGS!!! LET THEM SEE HIS MIGHTY WORKS IN THE LIVE OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN. PRAISE GOD!
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 01, 2016
EBLABOR:

First i must apologize if it seems i might jumped into the conclusion you were an atheist. But as you yourself say you would prefer to be one. Someone who is believes loves JESUS CHRIST, would for no reason at no instant of time wish that he'd be an atheist. You were unsure of what your were saying, that has nothing to do with prejudice. The Wonderful power of God that manifested when Paul casted out the demon in the slave girl has nothing to be used in relation to the dream of Abraham Lincoln. How did you even relate that?. I know what you are trying to do, to act as though you honour God so that by that means you might appear as an Angel of light and deceive the gullible. Yet by the Mercy of the Almighty God he knows those who are his and he is able to save men who are wise and humble from your deceit. What is consequences has the slave girl story on the dream of Lincoln i ask you again? Haven't you read that God use dreams as a means of speaking to many men, especially those in authority? Haven't you heard of God's dream to Pharoah to warn against sleeping with Abrahams wife? Or to another Pharoah to warn of Famine? Or to the King of Babylon during the time of daniel? or the dream of Joseph husband of Mary? For in diverse means has God spoken to men through dreams. HEB 1:1. You are just stubborn and want to take the glory to the one you serve the devil. What would it benefit the devil that Lincoln was told of his death?? It is clear that God always speak to men of authority.

And about proven God, Yes all of nature and creation points to Jehovah the great and mighty, every miraculous deed or sign points to God. The dreams of Joseph and Pharoah, of daniel and the king of Babylon and the dream of President Lincoln Proves even more that God is great and mighty and willing to guide and save men at every generation and time. If they are willing to be humble, obedient and faithful. This Proves more the existence of God.

Yes and about People trying to make him great. It is clear that God has blessed Lincoln and made him a very great man, even millions of people who have never heard of the great way God spoke to him about his death all agree Lincoln was great. Just call Abraham Lincoln and you would begin to hear many good things about him. Rather what the dream proves is that God is great and kind! try and understand this!

Mary Lincoln or President Lincoln best friend never need to lie to make Abraham Lincoln great. Abraham was no Prophet, that wasn't his calling. And you know the truth. The was no direct benefit to Lincoln, his best friend or his wife as a result of the revelation of his dream. The benefit was to the name of God. And i believe this pains you. Well, God is great and nobody is greater!

Finally, in all of your contentions, i find no disaprove of the fact that God wasn't the one of showed lincoln the dream. The Proves that God speaks to kings, Lincoln is one. You were unable to disprove it. You just wanted to argue and used a shrewdish wisdom to confuse people and make yourself better. But i am glad, God has the victory! and we who believe in him can boldly say he would always guide and direct us in diverse means from harm and into his beautiful blessings. Yes Jehovah indeed cares, it is the truth! I say it again and there is nothing that can change it, no trick of using shops or businesses, no tricks of saying christians are not sincere. Because i know thousands of christians ( i am one) who say Jehovah cares! and are sincere and their businesses are doing marvelous great. Thanks to the Lord almighty God.

JEHOVAH CARES!

LET THE EARTH PRAISE JEHOVAH, WHO IS THE KINGS OF KINGS!!! LET THEM SEE HIS MIGHTY WORKS IN THE LIVE OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN. PRAISE GOD!

First you insult, then you apologize, then you call names, then you label me,then you stylishly insult. SHAME! SHAME!!SHAME!!! It is the father of all lies and the father of all liars, The Devil,that does this. He is one minute a sheep, the next a wolf and the next a goat, the next a sheep and another a wolf again.

I repeat. I would rather be an atheist than to be this prejudicial. And if you think you can label people all " IN THE NAME OF GOD" and get away with it then sorry for you.

Abraham Lincoln dreamt like every human. You were not in his dreams. You read what people wrote (and quite frankly you did not read much or wide), which knowing humans is based on their perceptions. They see only what they want to see.
It does not prove God. Nope. If you want to prove God, stick with the Gospel. Nothing beats that. Be a witness for God and the Gospel of Christ. Abraham Lincolns dreams were not written in the Bible as coming from God. So sorry, I do not believe in your testimony and I never will. Lincoln was not one holy man. Even in literature he is not seen as only a wonderful man. Even his freeing of slaves was done in a way to support his war efforts. Nope, his report card was not all As. Like every human, he had some Fs. Woeful ones at that.

Abraham Lincoln cannot be said to be all the things you claim he is/was, with authority. You did not know his heart. Even those who knew him can not/did not know his heart. No one knew his heart as it trully was towards righeousness and striving to do good, except God. Anything you say is based the human thought and imaginations. You do not know God's decision towards him either. I repeat, I would rather be an atheist, reason with people, treat all men equal and be fair to people without labeling them, than be like you. Abraham Lincoln took risks, riding off alone into the woods without aids, at a battle with his unique hat, instead of ducking , stood there head raised, watching and a bullet almost shattered his skull. One of his officers had to practically warn him to stay down. Attempts were made on his life. I would also have had nightmares as a matter of fact. So that he had a dream (according to you was different, because you read so) does not prove God showed him the dream. Then after God showed him the dream, it was to what purpose? He should know that he will be murdered? And then what? God will show off that he can mentally torment people with their death and they can't do anything about it? Sorry. It is classic confirmation bias. You are seeing what you want to see regardless of other evidence and possibilities pointing otherwise.

Stop chasing atheists and trying to prove them wrong. God at his appointed time will prove himself. When the time is right God will draw them near. And stop using a story as silly as how people saw Lincoln. Leave that to God to have the final say.

I would rather be an atheist and treat men equal, than be a Christian, call God and Jehovah and yet be like the teachers of the law. Gladly. If you want I shall repeat it again and again. Instead of me to be like you, label people like you and call people I barely know names and tag them like you, if your type are the people in heaven, then I would gladly be an atheist. If you want, I can repeat it so it resounds.

You are the type who sees a Muslim child going to fall into a well, and you will say "duuh, he is not a Christian, his father is a Muslim and Muslims are terrorists". Shame! Shame!! Shame!!! Stop labeling people you know nothing about. Just as you think you know Abraham Lincoln so you think you know about me. Hahahahaha. It is worth shaking ones head in disappointment. I will say it anywhere, instead of me to be sly, prejudicial, cunning and deceitful like you and claim authority in knowing who God Spoke to and who he did not, I would rather become an atheist.

If Lincoln is your role model, so be it. I like the Letter he wrote to his Son's teacher. I love the fact that he stood for the freedom of Black Slaves. But Lincoln did not even think Blacks and Whites should be equal. He favored colonization in Africa and Central America. He grabbed lands from Native Americans, leading to the deaths. He was a MAN. Not a God, A Saint nor Perfect .He was quoted to have once written:

“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or destroy slavery.”

and

“…I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.”

So, I shall not ascribe anything special to Lincoln and his supposed dreams and his greeting other than he was a man, a President. His dreams proved he dreamt, like every other human. We dream mostly about what we worry for. Someone who was almost killed twice,who often dreamt that he would be killed again and again,then dreamt and got killed cannot be taken to mean anything special. Not from me. Omar Ibn Khattab was also a wise man. In fact you will be surprised how wise he was as a Muslim. And there are many like that. So, permit me if I choose not to ascribe anything special to and about how Godly or how revealing God was to Lincoln. My not doing so does not make me a good or bad Christian either.

Jehovah cares? Hahahaha..No one shows God to a child. The stones on the ground do his existence justice. And the birds and nature in it beauty is testament to this fact.

Finally, I leave whether your heart is pure or not to God. So I will not call you the son of the devil or say conclusively as if I am omniscient that you are disguising like an angel of light. It is not my fight. Question is, do I want claim to be a Christian and be unreasonable, and to hastily tag people and react without thinking like you do? Never. I would rather be an atheist and be peaceful and reasonable with all men.

2 Likes

Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by hucienda: 1:23am On Aug 01, 2016
Honest Abe.
'With malice toward none, with charity for all'.

President Abraham Lincoln.

In the league of Presidents George Washington and Franklin Roosevelt, arguably the greatest POTUS.
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

First you insult, then you apologize, then you call names, then you label me,then you stylishly insult. SHAME! SHAME!!SHAME!!! It is the father of all lies and the father of all liars, The Devil,that does this. He is one minute a sheep, the next a wolf and the next a goat, the next a sheep and another a wolf again.

I repeat. I would rather be an atheist than to be this prejudicial. And if you think you can label people all " IN THE NAME OF GOD" and get away with it then sorry for you.

Abraham Lincoln dreamt like every human. You were not in his dreams. You read what people wrote (and quite frankly you did not read much or wide), which knowing humans is based on their perceptions. They see only what they want to see.
It does not prove God. Nope. If you want to prove God, stick with the Gospel. Nothing beats that. Be a witness for God and the Gospel of Christ. Abraham Lincolns dreams were not written in the Bible as coming from God. So sorry, I do not believe in your testimony and I never will. Lincoln was not one holy man. Even in literature he is not seen as only a wonderful man. Even his freeing of slaves was done in a way to support his war efforts. Nope, his report card was not all As. Like every human, he had some Fs. Woeful ones at that.

Abraham Lincoln cannot be said to be all the things you claim he is/was, with authority. You did not know his heart. Even those who knew him can not/did not know his heart. No one knew his heart as it trully was towards righeousness and striving to do good, except God. Anything you say is based the human thought and imaginations. You do not know God's decision towards him either. I repeat, I would rather be an atheist, reason with people, treat all men equal and be fair to people without labeling them, than be like you. Abraham Lincoln took risks, riding off alone into the woods without aids, at a battle with his unique hat, instead of ducking , stood there head raised, watching and a bullet almost shattered his skull. One of his officers had to practically warn him to stay down. Attempts were made on his life. I would also have had nightmares as a matter of fact. So that he had a dream (according to you was different, because you read so) does not prove God showed him the dream. Then after God showed him the dream, it was to what purpose? He should know that he will be murdered? And then what? God will show off that he can mentally torment people with their death and they can't do anything about it? Sorry. It is classic confirmation bias. You are seeing what you want to see regardless of other evidence and possibilities pointing otherwise.

Stop chasing atheists and trying to prove them wrong. God at his appointed time will prove himself. When the time is right God will draw them near. And stop using a story as silly as how people saw Lincoln. Leave that to God to have the final say.

I would rather be an atheist and treat men equal, than be a Christian, call God and Jehovah and yet be like the teachers of the law. Gladly. If you want I shall repeat it again and again. Instead of me to be like you, label people like you and call people I barely know names and tag them like you, if your type are the people in heaven, then I would gladly be an atheist. If you want, I can repeat it so it resounds.

You are the type who sees a Muslim child going to fall into a well, and you will say "duuh, he is not a Christian, his father is a Muslim and Muslims are terrorists". Shame! Shame!! Shame!!! Stop labeling people you know nothing about. Just as you think you know Abraham Lincoln so you think you know about me. Hahahahaha. It is worth shaking ones head in disappointment. I will say it anywhere, instead of me to be sly, prejudicial, cunning and deceitful like you and claim authority in knowing who God Spoke to and who he did not, I would rather become an atheist.

If Lincoln is your role model, so be it. I like the Letter he wrote to his Son's teacher. I love the fact that he stood for the freedom of Black Slaves. But Lincoln did not even think Blacks and Whites should be equal. He favored colonization in Africa and Central America. He grabbed lands from Native Americans, leading to the deaths. He was a MAN. Not a God, A Saint nor Perfect .He was quoted to have once written:

“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or destroy slavery.”

and

“…I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.”

So, I shall not ascribe anything special to Lincoln and his supposed dreams and his greeting other than he was a man, a President. His dreams proved he dreamt, like every other human. We dream mostly about what we worry for. Someone who was almost killed twice,who often dreamt that he would be killed again and again,then dreamt and got killed cannot be taken to mean anything special. Not from me. Omar Ibn Khattab was also a wise man. In fact you will be surprised how wise he was as a Muslim. And there are many like that. So, permit me if I choose not to ascribe anything special to and about how Godly or how revealing God was to Lincoln. My not doing so does not make me a good or bad Christian either.

Jehovah cares? Hahahaha..No one shows God to a child. The stones on the ground do his existence justice. And the birds and nature in it beauty is testament to this fact.

Finally, I leave whether your heart is pure or not to God. So I will not call you the son of the devil or say conclusively as if I am omniscient that you are disguising like an angel of light. It is not my fight. Question is, do I want claim to be a Christian and be unreasonable, and to hastily tag people and react without thinking like you do? Never. I would rather be an atheist and be peaceful and reasonable with all men.

When a person decides to be an atheist it doesn't make him/her an enemy to me. This is not what Jesus came to die for, he did not come to make me see atheist as my enemies. Because he himself came down and saved me, as wretch as i am. It is clear according to bible that God would want me to hate atheism and not atheist themselves. Until Judgement day Jesus would decide what best to do to them after showing them is countless mercies and was rejected.

Yet, he has given me a part, to persuade them and bring to them the knowledge of his power and resurrection by every truthful means possible. To woo them with every available miracle he has done that indeed his is God and loves them even as he loves me. God himself hates atheism, as he is a jealous God but wants them to be free. I would use every available expression of his power in truth to debunk atheism and call atheist to God. That is why i have used the clear prove of God's revelation to President Lincoln. , i know athiest have read this topic and have reasoned!!!

If you can remember, as you read the topic you never hear me tag atheist with any evil identity. I therefore find it hard to comprehend where you get the idea that i tagged or slander atheist. I just went down and ask a question, a question that should in itself produce a reasoning thought to atheist about the wonder of God most high. That is the intent of my topic. You read no slander in it.

A Christian would for no reason support atheism in any form of argument, support atheism discredits the name of God you say you serve, Jesus would never support atheism even though he loves atheist. Throughout the time Jesus was on earth doing good, he cautioned the ill practices of the religious teachers, but yet he supported the law and advised his disciples to obey God's word. Atheism says that Jesus never came down to save man, that it is all lie, atheism says that you can leave as you would so desire that there's is no God that owns your body, Atheism says that God never created anything and that Jesus and Jehovah are all bullshit, that the world should disbelieve them and be righteous in their own eyes. Now if you say you would rather be an atheist, then for whatsoever reason you give, It is a terrible thing of a christian to say!

This stand you are taking and bolding proclaiming would it help atheist see the light in Christ Jesus? If you are christ like, you would think about want your bold statement would do to the mind of those who are trying to accept Christ Jesus. You would rather be a person who hates God and die cursing him, than believe that he is able and willing to make revelations to kings in every generation.

Now by the word of God Almighty, in a mouth of two or three witnesses a fact can be confirmed. I have replied your post earlier about you saying President Lincoln's wife or best friend might have lied, i have asked you a question in which you have not be able to answer. What benefit would the lie deliver to the President's wife and friend? Lincoln's wife testimony was not disproved by anyone in his household, it had no benefit to her and she is the best person to telling the truth because she shares a bed everyday with him and should know him better than anyone. YOU KNOW THIS IS THE TRUTH! It is the truth because it has a witnesses, who were not known to be liars of any sort and who were the closest people to him. God spoke to lincoln in his dreams and that was the truth. Your argument that was worth people say cannot disprove the credibility because of the status of the witnesses involved. If i just said Jesus ascended to mars, and Apostle John said Jesus ascended to heaven, and luke also seconded . Who would you believe? I know you'd believe John, because of his good reputation, the fact that he was closer to Jesus, and that what he said has not be disproved by any other apostle but was even seconded by Luke. That is the same thing happening here!

Again you spoke about no one knowing lincoln's heart, hmmm. Funny. How does this disprove the story? Do you have any prove that lincoln lived a double life? and even if you do how does this disprove the story? No human many be fully understood, yet still, you best friend and wife in most cases would have very great knowledge about you. If you want to please a man go to his wife or his best friend and you would know how, because no matter how tinted his heart is the revelation of his true self would be shown in his wife and best friend. Calm down and reason this out!
. [/b]

The gospel is one of the greatest thing that Jehovah has used to reveal his good plans to mankind. But is it the only? If any person says he believes in God only because of the gospel then he is not telling the truth, in God's miraculous workings even today you can see more prove of his handiwork Because our faith grows because of his wonders in our lives, like in the lives of the people in the gospel. The workings of God in my family, in my birth, even in my health and many dreams he sent to me that showed me his power today. Real life encounters that happened to people, real dreams and confirmations about the birth and coming of the saviour; that is exactly how the gospel were written. If the almighty good God, who is the same yesterday, today and forever should still show is power by sending dreams and miraculous signs to this generation like he did in the bible time a christian would see it as an amazing opportunity to give him thanks and glory. I am speaking to you as a person with the knowledge of God, and i expect that you would reason this critically. I myself, like God's children in his word have been spoken to in dreams. This makes it easier for me, to tell it to atheist. Because it is more wondrous when i give a testimony of another popular figure other than myself.

Then you went on, you said Lincoln wasn't a holy or righteous man, this absolutely is not the bone of contention. You were the one who said Lincoln's dream was a trick used to make him GREAT, not HOLY. Great was the word you used, why are you talking about Holy now

Then i noticed, you changed from the word GREAT MAN TO WONDERFUL MAN after i answered you question.

Finally, just because it is "reported" that all these happened does not even make it true. It could be the conspiracy of[b] testimonies of people who want to make him look great![/b] So let us not start being unreasonable because we can type and hit "submit" on nairaland.

When i answered:
It is clear that God has blessed Lincoln and made him a very great man, even millions of people who have never heard of the great way God spoke to him about his death all agree Lincoln was great. Just call Abraham Lincoln and you would begin to hear many good things about him. Rather what the dream proves is that God is great and kind! try and understand this!

You changed an then called him wonderful

So sorry, I do not believe in your testimony and I never will. Lincoln was not one holy man. Even in literature he is not [b]seen as only a wonderful man.
[/b]

We were at no point stressing if Lincoln was a holy man or not . I said Lincoln was already great, which you yourself confirmed later, in a ticklish word 'wonderful man'. But who am i? Let the BEST AND ONLY GOD JEHOVAH ANSWER BY HIS WORD!

God never required a man to be 'Holy' or Clergy before he warns, or show him dreams. Pharaoh served false gods yet Jehovah the merciful spoke to him in dreams, God warned him about the famine. Because God was merciful even to him and his people. What about the Other Pharaoh who almost sinned against God by trying to Marry Sarah, was he a 'holy man', yet the merciful one, warned him in his dreams to save his nation from sin. You point here also as you can see holds no moisture

Read the topic again, with a open mind. You would see that, God indeed spoke to president Lincoln and warned of his death. Yes Jehovah is worthy of honor. Even him who is great. Praise God.

Jehovah Truly cares!

ONE THING I DO PERSONALLY, I TAKE MY TIME, TO READ YOUR POST AND MY REPLIES AGAIN AND AGAIN TO SEE IF THERE IS TRUTH I SHOULD LEARN. I AM NOT AFTER WINNING ARGUMENT. I AM AFTER THE GLORY THAT BELONGS TO JEHOVAH AS HE SPOKE IN KINDNESS TO ABRAHAM LINCOLN TO WARN HIM OF HIS DEATH. THIS IS POINT, YOU HAVE NOT DISPROVED!!! JEHOVAH IS GREAT AND HIS POWER FROM THE TIME OF THE BIBLE IS STILL ACTIVE TODAY. I PRAISE HIM AGAIN!
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

You have demonstrated that you have regard for objectivity. Well done!

It is not clear to me, how the OP arrived at a supernatural conclusion. If the events leading to Abe's murder, his dreams in particular, were supernatural, then what purpose did they serve? What kind of cruel god will burden you with haunting images of your own death, without meaning to avert it? I mean, to what end? Did god intentionally allow Abe to have a dream about his death, and then allow him die so that god could demonstrate its existence to atheists at some distant future?

In my life time, I've dreamt about my own assassination no less that 2 times that I can remember, and I don't even have remotely as many enemies as Abe would have had. I may end up dying a natural death or I may very well be assassinated, who knows? None of those outcomes will prove that my dreams were prescient in any way whatsoever, because I have also had many other random dreams that may seem prescient, but are demonstrably pointless (just like dreaming about your death and eventually dying). This is no joke: I once dreamt that I was walking to my classroom after arriving school. Guess what happened the next morning? I walked to my classroom after arriving school. What do you suppose that proves?

If a man wants to come to know God, he must first humble. The man must realize and accept that God owns the whole earth and is the only one from all goodness flow. If you are willing to accept this and humble yourself, then you would realize many things about the most high that your joy would be full.

If Jehovah is kind enough to warn, a man can choose to obey/disobey and bear the consequences or profits!

The dream of Lincoln was in no way random because, it reflected exactly how he was killed. This was far from the time he had an assassination attempt. It is clear that his beloved wife wouldn't had want him to go if the threat to his life was as heavy as you say. there is hardly a President that people would not want to kill. if this was a random dream as a result of the hatred why would he be informed in a dream 1 week to the time of his assassination and not all along he has be hated ? would the dream be repeated three straight nights to close to his assassination ? would the dream reflect exactly how he was to be killed(not by mob or by poisioning) but by an assassin? in his biography why was it told of a persistent dream that haunted the president every night of his presidency because of the hatred of people for him? Why was there no such dreams until very close to his assassination?

Here is something beautiful God's word says. That Jehovah always showed mercy to men by speaking to them in dreams. Especially men in authority. To warn them especially against a danger, so that there can take necessary action. It is left to the man, to take action or to act in disregard to the instruction. In the Beautiful book called the Bible, God spoke to two kings(Presidents) of Egypt using dreams . To one he warned against him, lying with another man's wife that could bring great punishment on him, To another about a famine that would hit the whole world, so that he and his people might be saved and save the whole world, by storing food. God also spoke to men like, Job, John, Paul, Jacob, King of Babylon, Daniel and many men in the time of the bible through dreams, even some not recorded. Today God is still alive, that is why you read about the way he spoke to President Lincoln, it will do you well to pray to him and be humble and he would show you that he is mercy and loves you!

Jehovah Cares!

Brother, you know the truth, It is no random dream
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by AgentOfAllah: 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
EBLABOR:

If a man wants to come to know God, he must first humble. The man must realize and accept that God owns the whole earth and is the only one from all goodness flow. If you are willing to accept this and humble yourself, then you would realize many things about the most high that your joy would be full.
A man only wishes to know those that wish to know a man. A man also assumes god knows how to find a man if god really wants to know a man.

If Jehovah is kind enough to warn, a man can choose to obey/disobey and bear the consequences or profits!
There is nothing kind about giving vague (unhelpful) warnings about the imminent assassination of an innocent man when you can easily stop it, but refuse to do so. Only a malignant sociopath would do such a thing!

The dream of Lincoln was in no way random because, it reflected exactly how he was killed. This was far from the time he had an assassination attempt. It is clear that his beloved wife wouldn't had want him to go if the threat to his life was as heavy as you say. there is hardly a President that people would not want to kill. if this was a random dream as a result of the hatred why would he be informed in a dream 1 week to the time of his assassination and not all along he has be hated ? would the dream be repeated three straight nights to close to his assassination ? would the dream reflect exactly how he was to be killed(not by mob or by poisioning) but by an assassin? in his biography why was it told of a persistent dream that haunted the president every night of his presidency because of the hatred of people for him? Why was there no such dreams until very close to his assassination?
Assassination means killing, usually for political reasons. Therefore, death by mob and poisoning can also be assassinations. What the dreams didn't mention was how, when, who and forestalling strategy. So the dreams were vague and unhelpful. The only way one could possibly interpret that as divine intervention is if your god were a sadistic sociopath.

Here is something beautiful God's word says. That Jehovah always showed mercy to men by speaking to them in dreams. Especially men in authority. To warn them especially against a danger, so that there can take necessary action. It is left to the man, to take action or to act in disregard to the instruction.
Can you list the instruction(s) in Abe's dream(s)?

Brother, you know the truth, It is no random dream
Yep, I know the truth...you're clearly deluded.
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2016
EBLABOR:

When a person decides to be an atheist it doesn't make him/her an enemy to me. This is not what Jesus came to die for, he did not come to make me see atheist as my enemies. Because he himself came down and saved me, as wretch as i am. It is clear according to bible that God would want me to hate atheism and not atheist themselves. Until Judgement day Jesus would decide what best to do to them after showing them is countless mercies and was rejected.

Yet, he has given me a part, to persuade them and bring to them the knowledge of his power and resurrection by every truthful means possible. To woo them with every available miracle he has done that indeed his is God and loves them even as he loves me. God himself hates atheism, as he is a jealous God but wants them to be free. I would use every available expression of his power in truth to debunk atheism and call atheist to God. That is why i have used the clear prove of God's revelation to President Lincoln. , i know athiest have read this topic and have reasoned!!!

If you can remember, as you read the topic you never hear me tag atheist with any evil identity. I therefore find it hard to comprehend where you get the idea that i tagged or slander atheist. I just went down and ask a question, a question that should in itself produce a reasoning thought to atheist about the wonder of God most high. That is the intent of my topic. You read no slander in it.

A Christian would for no reason support atheism in any form of argument, support atheism discredits the name of God you say you serve, Jesus would never support atheism even though he loves atheist. Throughout the time Jesus was on earth doing good, he cautioned the ill practices of the religious teachers, but yet he supported the law and advised his disciples to obey God's word. Atheism says that Jesus never came down to save man, that it is all lie, atheism says that you can leave as you would so desire that there's is no God that owns your body, Atheism says that God never created anything and that Jesus and Jehovah are all bullshit, that the world should disbelieve them and be righteous in their own eyes. Now if you say you would rather be an atheist, then for whatsoever reason you give, It is a terrible thing of a christian to say!

This stand you are taking and bolding proclaiming would it help atheist see the light in Christ Jesus? If you are christ like, you would think about want your bold statement would do to the mind of those who are trying to accept Christ Jesus. You would rather be a person who hates God and die cursing him, than believe that he is able and willing to make revelations to kings in every generation.

Now by the word of God Almighty, in a mouth of two or three witnesses a fact can be confirmed. I have replied your post earlier about you saying President Lincoln's wife or best friend might have lied, i have asked you a question in which you have not be able to answer. What benefit would the lie deliver to the President's wife and friend? Lincoln's wife testimony was not disproved by anyone in his household, it had no benefit to her and she is the best person to telling the truth because she shares a bed everyday with him and should know him better than anyone. YOU KNOW THIS IS THE TRUTH! It is the truth because it has a witnesses, who were not known to be liars of any sort and who were the closest people to him. God spoke to lincoln in his dreams and that was the truth. Your argument that was worth people say cannot disprove the credibility because of the status of the witnesses involved. If i just said Jesus ascended to mars, and Apostle John said Jesus ascended to heaven, and luke also seconded . Who would you believe? I know you'd believe John, because of his good reputation, the fact that he was closer to Jesus, and that what he said has not be disproved by any other apostle but was even seconded by Luke. That is the same thing happening here!

Again you spoke about no one knowing lincoln's heart, hmmm. Funny. How does this disprove the story? Do you have any prove that lincoln lived a double life? and even if you do how does this disprove the story? No human many be fully understood, yet still, you best friend and wife in most cases would have very great knowledge about you. If you want to please a man go to his wife or his best friend and you would know how, because no matter how tinted his heart is the revelation of his true self would be shown in his wife and best friend. Calm down and reason this out!
. [/b]

The gospel is one of the greatest thing that Jehovah has used to reveal his good plans to mankind. But is it the only? If any person says he believes in God only because of the gospel then he is not telling the truth, in God's miraculous workings even today you can see more prove of his handiwork Because our faith grows because of his wonders in our lives, like in the lives of the people in the gospel. The workings of God in my family, in my birth, even in my health and many dreams he sent to me that showed me his power today. Real life encounters that happened to people, real dreams and confirmations about the birth and coming of the saviour; that is exactly how the gospel were written. If the almighty good God, who is the same yesterday, today and forever should still show is power by sending dreams and miraculous signs to this generation like he did in the bible time a christian would see it as an amazing opportunity to give him thanks and glory. I am speaking to you as a person with the knowledge of God, and i expect that you would reason this critically. I myself, like God's children in his word have been spoken to in dreams. This makes it easier for me, to tell it to atheist. Because it is more wondrous when i give a testimony of another popular figure other than myself.

Then you went on, you said Lincoln wasn't a holy or righteous man, this absolutely is not the bone of contention. You were the one who said Lincoln's dream was a trick used to make him GREAT, not HOLY. Great was the word you used, why are you talking about Holy now

Then i noticed, you changed from the word GREAT MAN TO WONDERFUL MAN after i answered you question.

When i answered:
It is clear that God has blessed Lincoln and made him a very great man, even millions of people who have never heard of the great way God spoke to him about his death all agree Lincoln was great. Just call Abraham Lincoln and you would begin to hear many good things about him. Rather what the dream proves is that God is great and kind! try and understand this!

You changed an then called him wonderful

[/b]

We were at no point stressing if Lincoln was a holy man or not . I said Lincoln was already great, which you yourself confirmed later, in a ticklish word 'wonderful man'. But who am i? Let the BEST AND ONLY GOD JEHOVAH ANSWER BY HIS WORD!

[b]God never required a man to be 'Holy' or Clergy before he warns, or show him dreams. Pharaoh served false gods yet Jehovah the merciful spoke to him in dreams, God warned him about the famine. Because God was merciful even to him and his people. What about the Other Pharaoh who almost sinned against God by trying to Marry Sarah, was he a 'holy man', yet the merciful one, warned him in his dreams to save his nation from sin. You point here also as you can see holds no moisture

Read the topic again, with a open mind. You would see that, God indeed spoke to president Lincoln and warned of his death. Yes Jehovah is worthy of honor. Even him who is great. Praise God.

Jehovah Truly cares!

ONE THING I DO PERSONALLY, I TAKE MY TIME, TO READ YOUR POST AND MY REPLIES AGAIN AND AGAIN TO SEE IF THERE IS TRUTH I SHOULD LEARN. I AM NOT AFTER WINNING ARGUMENT. I AM AFTER THE GLORY THAT BELONGS TO JEHOVAH AS HE SPOKE IN KINDNESS TO ABRAHAM LINCOLN TO WARN HIM OF HIS DEATH. THIS IS POINT, YOU HAVE NOT DISPROVED!!! JEHOVAH IS GREAT AND HIS POWER FROM THE TIME OF THE BIBLE IS STILL ACTIVE TODAY. I PRAISE HIM AGAIN!

You believe that Lincoln's dream was divine.Good for you, preach that to whoever will accept such a baseless thing. I say bullshit. It was not. I repeat repeat would rather be an atheist than think with my arse.

You say God Spoke to Lincoln, I say there is no such proof. None. And there likely will ever be any.

You feel God showed Lincoln about his death. I say Lincoln had close shaves with death from the hands of people who wanted him dead, and he knew this, so his dreams were not supernatural. Half the country hated him and wanted him dead! I would also have had nightmares. Crazy ones.

To me Lincoln is not a saint, spirit or special. So, from me A resounding NO!!!

You say you want to believe Lincoln wife's testimony, I say I shall not believe such from a proven institutionalized woman. A woman who was psychologically devasted by the death of her children (3 out of 4 did not make it to adulthood), and her husband. She collected gratification, over spent public funds in the white house, and even went as far as padding white house approved expenses just to cover up her overspending. Yes just like the budget padding in the Nigeria today. Sorry, I do not hold her testimony as credible. She could have easily testified to make her husband seem larger than life so that in 2016 some persons will post a topic on a forum called Nairaland. Spouses who fight at home lie to the world/public about how their marriages are perfect and heaven on earth. They lie against all odds to show themselves as saints to the outer world. A woman who knew how much he was hated would do anything to make him seem like a saint or special by claiming God Spoke to him. Sorry, there is not enough evidence for me to accept your hasty conclusion without facts. As a matter of fact it is silly.

I have made my points why Lincoln's dream is not from God and does not prove God exists. It is just the dream of a man worried he might be murdered and his fear was real, validated by past experiences. There is nothing more or supernatural to it. People dream daily and people have had revealing dreams,who were not even Christians in the first place. So it is quite unfortunate to whatever you are trying to prove that I have also given my view.

Now I allow people read and let God do the rest in their hearts. You made your points and I made mine. I have nothing further to say. Anyone interested in my points should refer to my earlier posts. Let people read and get informed and led to take informed decisions.

As for me, let me focus on more complicated matters to philosophize about. Not about a man who was mostly worried almost to insanity, due to the fact that he prosecuted a war which made half of the country hate him, and even felt blacks and whites should not be equal.
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by CHIJIOKE1314: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

You believe that Lincoln's dream was divine.Good for you, preach that to whoever will accept such a baseless thing. I say bullshit. It was not.

You say God Spoke to Lincoln, I say there is no such proof.

You feel God showed Lincoln about his death. I say Lincoln had close shaves with death from the hands of people who wanted him dead, and he knew this, so his dreams were not supernatural.

To me Lincoln is not a saint, spirit or special. From me A resounding NO!!!

You say you want to believe Lincoln wife's testimony, I say I shall not believe such from a proven institutionalized woman. A woman who was psychologically devasted by the death of her children (3 out of 4 did not make it to adulthood), and her husband. She collected gratification, over spent public funds in the white house, and even went as far as padding white house approved expenses just to cover up her overspending. Sorry, I do not hold her testimony as credible. She could have easily testified to make her husband seem larger than life so that in 2016 some persons will post a topic on a forum called Nairaland. Spouses who fight at home lie to the world/public about how their marriages are perfect and heaven on earth. Sorry, there is not enough evidence for me to accept. As a matter of fact it is silly.

I have made my points why Lincoln's dream is not from God and does not prove God exists. It is just because dream of a man worried he might be murdered. Nothing more or supernatural to it. People dream daily and people have had revealing dreams,who were not even Christians in the first place. So it is quite unfortunate to whatever you are trying to prove that I have also given my view.

Now I allow people read and let God do the rest in their hearts. You made your points and I made mine. I have nothing further to say. Anyone interested in my points should refer to my earlier posts. Let people read and get informed and led to take informed decisions.

As for me, let me focus on more complicated matters to philosophize about. Not about a man who was mostly worried almost to insanity, due to the fact that he prosecuted a war which made half of the country hate him, and even felt blacks and whites should not be equal.

I must first commend your objectivity on this issue.

The Op is a scam and think he has powers to manipulate people's thoughts..
If you call me an atheist I won't be mad with you. I was forcing myself to comment on the thread but when I saw the motive of the op I rather respectfully abstain..

Abraham L is just one out of trillions of human being that have died through so many causes since the beginning of the world, but if you think making special case with him to spite peeps who don't give a hoot abt you, then you failed once again in your life..

Good day!
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by bokohalal(m): 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
A dream is now evidence?
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Abodunrin07(m): 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
bokohalal:
A dream is now evidence?
he tire me o
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
bokohalal:
A dream is now evidence?

Yes, it is . When it comes at the very right timing(ten days to the time, and 3 straight nights repeatedly) and describes the unfolding events. When it becomes persistent over and over until the event happens. It is something atheist cannot answer, none has answered the question!
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=AgentOfAllah post=48088451]

You did not understand what i meant, maybe you should read all the questions again and answer them.

if this was a random dream as a result of the hatred why would he be informed in a dream 1 week to the time of his assassination and not all along he has be hated ? would the dream be repeated three straight nights to close to his assassination ? would the dream reflect exactly how he was to be killed(not by mob or by poisioning) but by an assassin? in his biography why was it told of a persistent dream that haunted the president every night of his presidency because of the hatred of people for him? Why was there no such dreams until very close to his assassination?
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by means(m): 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
Op, give it up already. Your logic doesn't prove anything.
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

You believe that Lincoln's dream was divine.Good for you, preach that to whoever will accept such a baseless thing. I say bullshit. It was not.

You say God Spoke to Lincoln, I say there is no such proof.

You feel God showed Lincoln about his death. I say Lincoln had close shaves with death from the hands of people who wanted him dead, and he knew this, so his dreams were not supernatural.

To me Lincoln is not a saint, spirit or special. From me A resounding NO!!!

You say you want to believe Lincoln wife's testimony, I say I shall not believe such from a proven institutionalized woman. A woman who was psychologically devasted by the death of her children (3 out of 4 did not make it to adulthood), and her husband. She collected gratification, over spent public funds in the white house, and even went as far as padding white house approved expenses just to cover up her overspending. Sorry, I do not hold her testimony as credible. She could have easily testified to make her husband seem larger than life so that in 2016 some persons will post a topic on a forum called Nairaland. Spouses who fight at home lie to the world/public about how their marriages are perfect and heaven on earth. Sorry, there is not enough evidence for me to accept. As a matter of fact it is silly.

I have made my points why Lincoln's dream is not from God and does not prove God exists. It is just because dream of a man worried he might be murdered. Nothing more or supernatural to it. People dream daily and people have had revealing dreams,who were not even Christians in the first place. So it is quite unfortunate to whatever you are trying to prove that I have also given my view.

Sir, why are you trying so hard to place a judgement on President Lincoln and his family. I thought you were not judgmental. Why stress that he is not a saint? Are you a saint? is any man better than another? Isn't it God who empowers us?

All through your recent post, All i hear now is 'Abraham Lincoln did this to blacks', 'Abe Lincoln's wife had Psychological problems' Abraham Lincoln wife padded up the budget'. Does all this judgement you place on his family stop the fact that he had a persistent dream very close to the time of his death. How about the second witness to his dream Crook his friend? Do You have any judgements to place on him to make him look bad?
Please focus on the topic and do not try to bring hatred for any man, my dear brother. Is this what the Lord would want from us. God had used Abraham Lincoln's decision on the state of the blacks and the slave to change the world positively isn't that a good thing we should be thankful for?

Haven't we stressed out many times, that a person doesn't have to be a 'clergy' divine before God speaks to him?. God is merciful!
What is your point exactly?
President Lincoln was reported to have dreamt about his assassination 10 days to his assassination, there was no reported news that an attempt would be made on his life, within a close range to his death. Infact, he was going out freely at that particularly time, to watch some movies with friends and family with a place filled with maximum crowd and not an overly tight security. He had no idea that, that would hit him. But yet the dreams kept troubling him for three straight nights, he told his personal bodyguard on the night of his assassination 'Goodbye' rather than goodnight. He was assassinated by an assassin exactly as he heard in his dream.

The Bible the Word of God shows that God spoke to kings through dreams to warn them, this happened like in the bible times. So then i say, we should consider that there is a God in heaven who in still alive and who speaks to men!

Jehovah cares!
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by AgentOfAllah: 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
EBLABOR:
You did not understand what i meant, maybe you should read all the questions again and answer them.
There's is nothing supernatural about dreaming about one's assassination and then getting assassinated. Reality coinciding with dreams is a pretty routine and mundane thing. For a person like Abe Lincoln, the probability of having your dreams of assassination coincide with reality is conceivably exaggerated for reasons previously explained by AnakinSkywalker as follows:
AnakinSkywalker:
As a rule of thumb, and following the principles of Occam's Razor, there is usually no need for recourse to the supernatural if nature can perfectly explain an event.

Now, I have answered your question. You answer mine:
Again, can you list the instructions you claimed were in Abe's dreams?
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Bethelwealthy(m): 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
hmmmmn, if you ask me........................somborryhelp me finish am o
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
EBLABOR:

Sir, why are you trying so hard to place a judgement on President Lincoln and his family. I thought you were not judgmental. Why stress that he is not a saint? Are you a saint? is any man better than another? Isn't it God who empowers us?

All through your recent post, All i hear now is 'Abraham Lincoln did this to blacks', 'Abe Lincoln's wife had Psychological problems' Abraham Lincoln wife padded up the budget'. Does all this judgement you place on his family stop the fact that he had a persistent dream very close to the time of his death. How about the second witness to his dream Crook his friend? Do You have any judgements to place on him to make him look bad?
Please focus on the topic and do not try to bring hatred for any man, my dear brother. Is this what the Lord would want from us. God had used Abraham Lincoln's decision on the state of the blacks and the slave to change the world positively isn't that a good thing we should be thankful for?

Haven't we stressed out many times, that a person doesn't have to be a 'clergy' divine before God speaks to him?. God is merciful!
What is your point exactly?
President Lincoln was reported to have dreamt about his assassination 10 days to his assassination, there was no reported news that an attempt would be made on his life, within a close range to his death. Infact, he was going out freely at that particularly time, to watch some movies with friends and family with a place filled with maximum crowd and not an overly tight security. He had no idea that, that would hit him. But yet the dreams kept troubling him for three straight nights, he told his personal bodyguard on the night of his assassination 'Goodbye' rather than goodnight. He was assassinated by an assassin exactly as he heard in his dream.

The Bible the Word of God shows that God spoke to kings through dreams to warn them, this happened like in the bible times. So then i say, we should consider that there is a God in heaven who in still alive and who speaks to men!

Jehovah cares!

My brother man, my sister woman..hahahahahaha..you were not there with Lincoln, so where did you get all the stuff you wrote about him. You read them up did you not. So, you also wrote what you read and felt it is special, things you read about him.

I DO NOT BELIEVE GOD SPOKE TO LINCOLN. THE EVIDENCE LACKS MERIT. When you guys join one religious group, you just think that you have all the answers with "supernatural". Sorry, not this person, not me.

The hilarious part is that I did the same and stated facts to show he is not special and neither did God reveal anything to him through his dreams. His mere dreaming which was just a reflection of his daily anxieties does not prove God exists. As a matter of fact, I have many references to his life and that of his wife. You on the other hand believe in an account of a woman who in my opinion is not a credible witness. His dreams were not special. For crying out loud, christians, Muslims, Atheists,Bhudists have dreamt dreams and will continue to do so. He is not the first human (Christian and not) to dream or have a premonition about their own death.
Re: The Assasination Of Abraham Lincoln Has A Question For Atheists by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

My brother man, my sister woman..hahahahahaha..you were not there with Lincoln, so where did you get all the stuff you wrote about him. You read them up did you not. So, you also wrote what you read and felt it is special, things you read about him.

I DO NOT BELIEVE GOD SPOKE TO LINCOLN. THE EVIDENCE LACKS MERIT. When you guys join one religious group, you just think that you have all the answers with "supernatural". Sorry, not this person, not me.

The hilarious part is that I did the same and stated facts to show he is not special and neither did God reveal anything to him through his dreams. His mere dreaming which was just a reflection of his daily anxieties does not prove God exists. As a matter of fact, I have many references to his life and that of his wife. You on the other hand believe in an account of a woman who in my opinion is not a credible witness. His dreams were not special. For crying out loud, christians, Muslims, Atheists,Bhudists have dreamt dreams and will continue to do so. He is not the first human (Christian and not) to dream or have a premonition about their own death.

Then state your prove already. I have mentioned two witnesses we know have no benefit from this have spoken. His friend which narrated his dream, and his wife who confirmed. disprove them with evidence! this people were clos to him, and we can believe them. but you?
Did anyone say anything about Lincoln being special? Where did get this from? I am talking about GOD'S NAME BEING ADORED
! you should my very last reply to Allah's agent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafran Agitator Nnamdi Kanu Released. Sahara Reporter. / Fashola Exposes Buhari, Lai Mohammed – Reno Omokri / Massive Crowd At Ibadan Road Show For Seyimakinde And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 273
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.