Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? (18031 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / "Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos Is World's Richest Man & He Doesn't Tithe"- Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by buoye1(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
He can't
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by KingEbukaNaija: 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
shamecurls:
#Truth

Lmao . Funny enough religious people started modern science . The greatest inventions , discoveries , tech were all made by religious people while atheist leaders were busy slaughtering people in the past 100 years .

Atheism is evil . Atheism is wicked . Atheism is dangerous . End atheism now

https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous

https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

https://www.nairaland.com/3232176/atheist-presidents-heads-state-quick
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by bezimo(m): 6:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
God stated clearly in his word that a christian must not forsake the assembly of the brethren. How can you be walking in disobedience to God and make heaven?
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Rapture4real(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=englishmart post=48050716] na wao. That means I don't even nned to go to church any more [/quot
Can a man use car without engine. Even though mere going to church doesn't save but you can never claim to be a Christian without going to church h. The Bible says don't neglect the fellowship of brethren as the manners of some are. Don't let Satan deceive you
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by DCTrendy(m): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
Heb 10:25. --- Do NOT forget the assembly of the saints.

Can a footballer become a good footballer without going to the pitch?

There re some knowledge you wont come about on your own without going to church.

There re some hidden treasures that can only be revealed in the Church

There re some blessings you can only get in the Church because the instruction to the angels sometimes is Take this to the church so so and give brother so n so. If you refused to show up in Church that day, well... God will have mercy.

Finally my brother, dont be deceived by the devil n get discouraged about all you see n read about churches nowadays.

Look for a bible believing church n learn sir.

Thanks
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Phranex(m): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:
Such christians don't exist...i mean with those attributes you mentioned because, heb 10:25 says, do not forsake the assembling of the brethen...when you forsake or forsook the assembling of the brethren which is the church, you have sinned already, and you knw the implications of sin.

My dear, that scripture you quoted doesn't sound like a law of which when contravene would be called sin. If the "do not" in the scripture is d problem.. Then see this "do not b unequally yoked with unbelievers". But Paul was. How? You might ask.

" I became all things to ALL men" who said that ?

I know you are going to say "yoked" means something different.

Look, I don't wanna act righteous but I try to lead the good life. I fear God and believe in his son. I believe also in the resurrection of Jesus. I am what you may call a Christian. I have not even had sex ( that's how much I fear God, I think it's spiritual).. The problem (by your logic) with me is "I forsake the gathering of the brethren". I have only been in church 3 times this year..

Are you saying God would send me to hell because I did not go a building where there are other xtians?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by addizzle(f): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
people wey dy go church who dem help?? sure u can go to heaven without u being d church type but ur ways gaht to be pure.. No be only firewood fit cook rice my dear Stove or wood can as well prepare rice..
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by heskeyw(m): 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
OP, our relationship and closeness to GOD is not measured by attendance.
Though some things r necessary bt they r nt important, others are important, but they r nt necessary.
If u know what is right, then do it.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
pat077:
Can a Farmer harvest without owing a farm.
wat if he is invest in other farmers and he is definitely getting returns from them?
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Drigdee(m): 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
englishmart:
what happpens if a Christian is God fearing, prayerful, and follows all of God's commands but doesn't attend church fellowships?
They go from strenght to strenght appearing in zion
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by iamdrfresh: 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:
Such christians don't exist...i mean with those attributes you mentioned because, heb 10:25 says, do not forsake the assembling of the brethen...when you forsake or forsook the assembling of the brethren which is the church, you have sinned already, and you knw the implications of sin.

baba chill oo... A Bible believing christian will never decide not to attend any church service but the fact that he doesn't attend doesn't make him a sinner.

Heb10:24-25
24  And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

You'd notice that it's basically so that believers would encourage themselves.. Just as iron sharpens iron...There are times when u feel down and going to church helps uplift your spirit.
Stop quoting scriptures out of context pls!!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by iamdrfresh: 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
skysailor:

wat if he is invest in other farmers and he is definitely getting returns from them?

funny cheesy..but I guess he meant harvest crops
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Leopantro: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
when Jesus Christ was crucified, the bible said two other men were crucified with him. both were not Christians and never attended church but one made it to heaven to fest with Jesus Christ.
think about it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by pat077: 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2016
skysailor:

then, is a part owner, which makes him a farmer as well.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by achmed1(m): 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
allanphash7:
Lol

Michael?
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
pat077:
then, is a part owner, which makes him a farmer as well.
then relate it that someone that doesn't go to church but he is doing good and av a caring heart
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
englishmart:
what happpens if a Christian is God fearing, prayerful, and follows all of God's commands but doesn't attend church fellowships?
To appropriately answer this question, we need to understand that the "church" and the "church building" are not exactly the same. The real church is our bodies, the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor. 6:19). When Jesus chose Peter as the foundation of his Church (Matt. 16:18,19), Christ wasn't talking about the church building (how could a house be built upon Peter? ).
Do you also remember what Jesus himself told the Samaritan woman in John 4:20 - 24? Note the woman's statement in Vs 20. She was referring to the "Church building" in Jerusalem. But Jesus told her that true worship is neither on the mountain (a church place) nor in Jerusalem (the Church building) but in spirit and in truth (the Church). We need to go beyond worshipping in the church building to worshipping in the church for that is the key to making heaven for those who believe. He who has an ear, let him hear.
Over and out.
Peace.

5 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Rashman578(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
LastMumu:
if you don't go to church means you won't pay your tithes and give offerings. You not giving tithe and offerings means funds meant for the pastor have been diverted somewhere else. This means you haven't fulfilled your financial obligations to the church and God. Which finally means you are destined for hell! angry
I see...ur moniker is ryt abt u
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=LastMumu post=48062297]if you don't go to church means you won't pay your tithes and give offerings. You not giving tithe and offerings means funds meant for the pastor have been diverted somewhere else. This means you haven't fulfilled your financial obligations to the church and God. Which finally means you are destined for hell! angry
[/quote
Haba pls will u

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by jerryfemi88: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=englishmart post=48045276] what happpens if a Christian is God fearing, prayerful, and follows all of God's commands but doesn't attend church fellowships? [/quoeverbody that obeys the commandment must also go to church.the bible say we should not forsake, the assembly of the brethren and iron shappeneth.so once u dont go that is disobedience
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by callJesu: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Yes, provided his heart is right with God through Jesus
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by 0ubenji(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
Fit2Rule:

To appropriately answer this question, we need to understand that the "church" and the "church building" are not exactly the same. The real church is our bodies, the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor. 6:19). When Jesus chose Peter as the foundation of his Church (Matt. 16:18,19), Christ wasn't talking about the church building (how could a house be built upon Peter? ).
Do you also remember what Jesus himself told the Samaritan woman in John 4:20 - 24? Note the woman's statement in Vs 20. She was referring to the "Church building" in Jerusalem. But Jesus told her that true worship is neither on the mountain (a church place) nor in Jerusalem (the Church building) but in spirit and in truth (the Church). We need to go beyond worshipping in the church building to worshipping in the church for that is the key to making heaven for those who believe. He who has an ear, let him hear.
Over and out.
Peace.
Alas! I found a christian on this thread..amongst a thousand religious fanatics.
Bro..ur education is obviously not a waste..keep it up

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Eddlad: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
englishmart:

Depends on what caused you not to make time for church. Were you evangelizing?, were you sleeping?......answer and you will have answered your question.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Akinz0126(m): 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2016
Strawman:

Oga church is not the only "assembling of the brethren". If you're able to assemble with people in your household, with colleagues in your school, in fact now we have social networks sef; a group of Christians on Facebook/WhatsApp etc is a social assembly. When you watch preaching on TV, you are also part of their assembly. If people had these methods in the days of Jesus, they would've utilised them.

So when you give birth the pastor on Tv'll be the one to name ur child on the naming ceremony or perhaps you'll be the pastor on that day?
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by leofab(f): 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:
Such christians don't exist...i mean with those attributes you mention because, heb 10:25 says, do not forsake the assembling of the brethen...when you forsake or forsook the assembling of the brethren which is the church, you have sinned already.
you miss church and you automatically becomes a candidate for hell yet church goers lie, cheat and partake in other religious vices and yet they will make heaven? From your judgment that means no one can make heaven...
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Ahmedgk(m): 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
And who told u dat a christian can make heaven if he/ she goes to church?
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
0ubenji:

Alas! I found a christian on this thread..amongst a thousand religious fanatics.
Bro..ur education is obviously not a waste..keep it up
Thank you. May the LORD GOD continue to enlighten us in HIS ways so that we may always speak (and comment) with understanding. Amen.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by BABANGBALI: 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
englishmart:
happy sunday Master lalasticlala
Why you dey greet am?him no be Christain o,a good Christian no dey ban person and like snake as lala does
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Kingsintei(m): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
bro u ought to have kno,our relationship with God isnt measure on our church attendance,salvation is personal,no be abt to carry big bible upandan,its really weight when one knows whats in,originality dosnt really smell good at times,buh its always prove right,most ppl go to church to please the society that dey r christains,xory to burst bubbles not all christains are belivers!
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by sallyzan(f): 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
englishmart:

Hi, I hope this will be helpful...

Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy. Exodus 31:13

If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath
    and from doing as you please on my holy day,
if you call the Sabbath a delight
    and the Lord’s holy day honorable,
and if you honor it by not going your own way
    and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
14 then you will find your joy in the Lord,
    and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land
    and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.”
For the mouth of the LORD has spoken. Isaiah 58:13-14
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by ivylyn: 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Liftedhands:
God bless you for this.

Have u experienced the peace and joy that comes with being in the presence of God? I don't think anyone who has an Intimacy with God will stay back from church. Am speaking out of experience the inner peace I feel in church especially during worship sessions and b4 the word is inexplicable,I won't trade it for anything in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Ministry Exploits Of Apostle Ayo Babalola Of Christ Apostolic Church / Tithe – You Are Not Robbing God, Your Pastor Is Robbing God’s People. / What Changed My Life Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.