Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? (18028 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / "Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos Is World's Richest Man & He Doesn't Tithe"- Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
Fit2Rule:

He who has an ear, let him hear.
Over and out.
Peace.

Awesome bro
Lemme just chip this in

There are just 3 basic things a believer of Christ has to start and keep doing after salvation

1. Read the Bible /seeking wisdom, knowledge and understanding of the word
2. Prayer.. Constant communication and focus on things that are eternal
3. Believers fellowship (not necessarily a church building but a simple gathering of believers in a building or anywhere suitable) in the name and power of Jesus Christ

We should understand that God is after the heart and relationship of man not your attendance or works
We should also understand that eternal life do not begin once one is dead and judged. Eternal Life starts the moment you make Christ your savior
John 3 : 16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that (whoever believes) in him (should not perish but have eternal life)
John puts it so simply: “God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:11–12).

God doesn't take any gift he has given 'freely' so He's not taking away your salvation because you did not attend Church

Also we should acknowledge believers gathering as it is vital to our spirit being as long as we are in this earth for we need to grow strong and stronger in Christ, keep growing and keep going higher and higher

So these are some ways to "MAKE WISE DECISIONS" (Proverbs 3:7-8 )

1. Does this action that I am about to do glorifies God? (Isaiah 43;7 , John 15:8 )
2. Can this action be dome in the name of Jesus? (Colossians 3:17, 23-25)
3. Is this action that I am about to take spiritually helpful to me? (1 corinthians 6:12)
4. Will this action cause a weaker spritually brother or sister to stumble? (Romans 14:15-21, 1 corinthians 8:9-13, Matthew 18:1-6)

-To be wise is to make wise choices that are in line with the word of God
-Wordly wisdom is not Godly
-The Bible has wisdom for everything we have experienced, are experiencing and will experience on earth
-Allow Gods word to direct your life '' let the word of God be your mortal compass''
-Judge your actions based on the inspired written word of God before you act on them.

Good evening..!

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
Still looking for Bible verse that command Christian to attend church on Sunday.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by TI1919(m): 10:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
[size=15pt]
LastMumu:
if you don't go to church means you won't pay your tithes and give offerings. You not giving tithe and offerings means funds meant for the pastor have been diverted somewhere else. This means you haven't fulfilled your financial obligations to the church and God. Which finally means you are destined for hell! angry
[/size]

You and your comment

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Trendin(m): 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
I'm wondering why we're not asked to swear an oath before viewing a Christian thread unlike the Muslim's
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
Anyone can go to church but not everyone is a Christian!(followers of Christ). undecided
Salvation is in the heart not in a gathering of people(church). #EOD
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by ensamy(m): 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
''Heaven is a religious scam 419 it does not exist . Take away the scam from Islam and christianity extremism will be a thing of the past ''Samuel Ekpesu :-
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by GKAfrica(m): 12:35am On Aug 01, 2016
Friends, the bible is the operating standard for every genuine Christian, even civilization or technology cannot take anything away from it ( definitely cannot be broken). Hear the testimony about the church (i.e Mt. Zion):

Heb 12 -22-24:

[b][i]22 But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable multitudes of angels, 23 to the general assembly and assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, [7] and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel.[/[/i]b]

If you call yourself a Christian and you don't go to church for fellowship with the brethren at least twice in a week, you are a "quack Christian", it is just a matter of time such a believer will soon backslide.

Think of this, how can you be a good lawyer or doctor if you don't subscribe to the right professional associations and update your knowledge from time to time, one will just end up being a quack lawyer or doctor.?

In Mt Zion (that is Church), you learn new things that build up your spirit man every time you are there.! There are some coded languages in the bible that you cannot understand via your personal studies until you are in the Church. Church is the assembly of the host of heaven, God ordained teachers and apostles, and believers, you go there to commune with the spirit of the hosts of heaven (that is God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirits, the Angels ( i.e Michael, Gabriel e.t.c), The Spirit of Just Men Made Perfert ( i.e the likes of Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Elisha, Mary, Lydia, Paul, Peter, Ayo Babalola, Keneth Haggin e.t,c).

From the same piece of scripture, as you visit church, "the heavenly Jerusalem" you have your "spiritual bath" (the showers of the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things is available there). That is why you hear the testimony of somebody who is at the verge of committing suicide enters the spiritual atmosphere and from the altar receive the words of HOPE and thereby could no longer kill himself and so on ...!

Also imagine how you will feel if you don't take your bath for a whole week ( definitely stinking)? That is exactly how it is for a Christian who does not go to church. More so, the mystery of blood of sprinkling that is available in the Church to avert curses.

As Christians, we are called to be co-labourers with God, that means we cannot afford on-looker or bench warmer, genuine Christians must always be on ground in Church to serve God and humanity.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Tearg1: 12:54am On Aug 01, 2016
Even the Devil Goes to Church...

The question should be, Can a Christian Make Heaven without accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour? and the answer to that is NO...

The reason we should go to church is to learn more on the love of God and fellowship with Believers..

Find a spirit filled church, a church where they truly preach about Jesus...
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Ayatullah(m): 1:32am On Aug 01, 2016
englishmart:
what happpens if a Christian is God fearing, prayerful, and follows all of God's commands but doesn't attend church fellowships?

I ask you the following questions then if the Bible proved the answers are NO then nothing happens:

1.) Did you read anywhere in the Bible where Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Moses attend church fellowships?

2.) Can you locate anywhere in the Bible where God directed you to attend Church fellowships?

3.) Can you locate in the Bible the Church Fellowships Jesus the son of Mary attended?

But, mind you something will happen if you refuse to accept that there is ONLY ONE (1) GOD and bow down your head as Muslims do in worship, because that is the way All biblical prophets worship including Jesus (incident in the Garden of Gesthemane) That is the peak of worship and submission to God Almighty.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 01, 2016
firstking01:
Such christians don't exist...i mean with those attributes you mention because, heb 10:25 says, do not forsake the assembling of the brethen...when you forsake or forsook the assembling of the brethren which is the church, you have sinned already.
Mathew 18: 20 . Church is not a building dear Nigerians .
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 01, 2016
Tearg1:
Even the Devil Goes to Church...

The question should be, Can a Christian Make Heaven without accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour? and the answer to that is NO...

The reason we should go to church is to learn more on the love of God and fellowship with Believers..

Find a spirit filled church, a church where they truly preach about Jesus...
You are talking to Nigerians brother, the reason they go is to pay tithe to the fat cat pastors. After which they feel righteous
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Tearg1: 2:07am On Aug 01, 2016
blueseacats:
You are talking to Nigerians brother, the reason they go is to pay tithe to the fat cat pastors. After which they feel righteous

Paying tithe is a biblical principle. Did they force you to? So why are you criticising what you know nothing about??
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 01, 2016
FriendChoice:
Still looking for Bible verse that command Christian to attend church on Sunday.
It's not written in the bible. The concept of checks a balance originated from the bible. Example. "Do not avoid the gathering of the children of God " God already knew that Nigerians will build houses where people will come and be giving them money ,he then said " where two or three are gathered in my name Im present ".
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by kooto(m): 2:42am On Aug 01, 2016
Can someone be a Christian in isolation? The answer is no.
We all need fellowship, how do you become a Christian in the first place? Most likely through someone ROM 10 v 14, you can't be a born again Christian today and become matured alone no matter how old you are a Christian starts as a newly born child that needs care teachings support to grow, how to you get it you need other Christians.
In a nutshell it doesn't work like that.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 01, 2016
Tearg1:

Paying tithe is a biblical principle. Did they force you to? So why are you criticising what you know nothing about??

We know nothing about Christianity before the white man brought it here, American constitution is believed by those who wrote it to be the second best written book in history behind the bible,that's because it was written according to bible principles and that's because the founders were godly people.

Therefore they thought it's wise to categorize religious organization as non profit, meaning they are not taxed but audited, consequently tithes are seen as charity giving.

What that means is that at the end of the year the church will give you tithe papers. Take that to the government and you will get your tithe back, they government will audit the church and make sure all that money is used for charity. (I MEAN ALL ) non for the pastor to buy private jet. Except gifts from gullible ones .

Nigerian government have failed you in all ramifications of life. Nigerians don't even get tax returns on their taxes let alone knowing that tithes in modern day Christianity are to be returned, so you probably don't know what am saying. But Google is your friend.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by kooto(m): 2:58am On Aug 01, 2016
ensamy:
''Heaven is a religious scam 419 it does not exist . Take away the scam from Islam and christianity extremism will be a thing of the past ''Samuel Ekpesu :-

I pray you have a divine encounter with Jesus because if you end up with this mind, it will be a very unpleasant surprise which cannot be reversed when you come to the reality of heaven.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by GeeGee98: 5:32am On Aug 01, 2016
Chibabi:
Y not!, if he or she is dedicated to Good doing
You really think Christianity is all about doing good ??
I bet you are still a baby Christian. (No offense)
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by xest(m): 5:41am On Aug 01, 2016
LastMumu:
if you don't go to church means you won't pay your tithes and give offerings. You not giving tithe and offerings means funds meant for the pastor have been diverted somewhere else. This means you haven't fulfilled your financial obligations to the church and God. Which finally means you are destined for hell! angry
u r a big liar. One can never go to hell for not paying tithe Mr false preacher.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by firstking01(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2016
blueseacats:
Mathew 18: 20 . Church is not a building dear Nigerians .
Get understanding spiritually, any gathering in the name of jesus is a church my brother.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Helovesyou: 7:52am On Aug 01, 2016
Ayatullah:

I ask you the following questions then if the Bible proved the answers are NO then nothing happens:

1.) Did you read anywhere in the Bible where Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Moses attend church fellowships?

2.) Can you locate anywhere in the Bible where God directed you to attend Church fellowships?

3.) Can you locate in the Bible the Church Fellowships Jesus the son of Mary attended?

But, mind you something will happen if you refuse to accept that there is ONLY ONE (1) GOD and bow down your head as Muslims do in worship, because that is the way All biblical prophets worship including Jesus (incident in the Garden of Gesthemane) That is the peak of worship and submission to God Almighty.

I disagree with you bro, not necessary that you contribute to all talk you know, if you have the bible with you pls read Hebrew from chapter 10:1-end. It answers your numb two question. Thank you
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 01, 2016
firstking01:
Get understanding spiritually, any gathering in the name of jesus is a church my brother.
We are saying the same thing.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by christinnah(f): 8:26am On Aug 01, 2016
Liftedhands:
God bless you for this.

Thanks and God Bless you too!

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by patwilly(m): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2016
christinnah:
Do I Need To Go To Church To Go to Heaven?
First, salvation isn’t something we earn by WORKS. You can ever “work” or do enough “good deeds” to get to heaven. Christ did the work on the cross. You, as a sinner, can never do enough good “deeds” or “acts of obedience” to earn your salvation. It will never happen. Rather, we are saved by God’s grace when we place our faith in Jesus Christ.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
So no, you will not lose your salvation by avoiding church, and you cannot earn your salvation by attending church. I like what one person said: “Going to church won’t make you a Christian any more that being in a garage makes you a car.”
Salvation occurs when you place your total trust and faith in Christ. It doesn’t happen when you recite a prayer, walk down a church isle with tears down your face, or saying a pray when an invitation is given. Salvation occurs when you place your trust and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing more, nothing less.
When you truly place your faith in trust in Christ, you will be born again, and the Holy Spirit will begin to dwell in your body. He will lead you to truth, teach you obedience, rebuke and cleanse you from sin, give you spiritual gifts, and so forth.
Can I make you my spiritual mentor? Going to church hasn't really been easy for me but I do really think attending church makes it easier to achieve all you have said. Haven't been to church in quite a while and it hasn't been any easier living a truly Christian life.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by christinnah(f): 8:33am On Aug 01, 2016
fromnigeria:

My dear, when posting on social media, be extra careful. Many could be decieved.

bro go read it over and over again until you get it. and may God give you an open mind to think what's that means.

God bless you!
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by shine12: 8:36am On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=Rapture4real post=48062630][/quote]

But who defined the fellowship of the brethren as a building that has 500 (or more/less) people who don’t even know and care about each other and then led by a superman dictator Pastor. Can’t the fellowship of the brethren be a small unit of 5 Christians that meet together? Why is money so important in Christianity today? If money is not in Christianity at all, will there be the same number of churches today?
Through history, when God calls a man, the man goes on and start well, people will repent, but as time goes by, people start to compromise (look at the 7 churches in revelation, only two pleased God), then suddenly our interest will be in numbers and mega-buildings, check out The Salvation army and the Methodist church and compare them to what they are today, when the visionary who God called dies, some of those ministries changes to a mere religion and then becomes institutionalised, man's greed for power and prominence sets in, then they start saying, lets open 10 branches by the end of the year, is it Mr Biggs, you are trying to open.
Let’s go back to God and know God, going to church, dancing for 40mins and dropping offering in the basket and then hearing a sermon that does not lead you to repentance and discipleship will not save you.

The catholic church did the same thing until Martin Luther confronted the Rome establishment, same with the Church of England until John Wesley, enough is enough of blind shepherds and paid hirelings pretending from the pulpit that they are better and holier than you where the only thing they want is fame, money and power just like every other human being in the world. They dominate you, rule over you, put yokes on your neck and they profit from the gospel, did Peter, Paul and Jesus made a dime from preaching the gospel, why do people use their God given “spiritual gifts” to enrich themselves, when the sorcerer offered Paul money, he rebuked Him, why do preachers demand money before they come and preach and why do they get unsatisfied if you don’t put them in the hotel they think is right?

These are the times to go back to God and seek His face,...Enoch walked with God, Elijah was taken up, Paul said that I may know Him. While we may not be Noah or Paul, do we have the holy anointing as 1 John says and do we have God in our hearts?
Church is not bad when its administered by the holy spirit, but when flesh runs it, keep far please and run for your life!!!.
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by christinnah(f): 9:02am On Aug 01, 2016
patwilly:

Can I make you my spiritual mentor? Going to church hasn't really been easy for me but I do really think attending church makes it easier to achieve all you have said. Haven't been to church in quite a while and it hasn't been any easier living a truly Christian life.

Church is the place where believers can love one another (1 John 4:12), encourage one another (Hebrews 3:13), “spur” one another to love and good works (Hebrews 10:24), serve one another (Galatians 5:13), instruct one another (Romans 15:14), honor one another (Romans 12:10), and be kind and compassionate to one another (Ephesians 4:32).
Many other people does not attend church nor have any fellowship but believe me they are Christian because they prays, reads the bible and believes that Jesus is Lord. But some other people says they are deceived and not Christians at all. Lets see this:
If we were to narrow down what it means to be a Christian, the best place to look is at one of the people who Jesus said was a Christian. If you remember the thief on the cross next to Jesus (Luke 23:39-43), Jesus promises this man that he will be with him in paradise. This man never got to go to church, and yet he is a Christian because he trusts in Jesus. So in that sense it is true to say that you don’t have to be a churchgoer to be a Christian.

The person who truly believe and have faith in God and do what God’s says in the Bible, yes Jesus will come and take him/her to heaven weather they went church or not but God’s know that he/ she did everything he said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by CashVessel(m): 9:04am On Aug 01, 2016
englishmart:
what happpens if a Christian is God fearing, prayerful, and follows all of God's commands but doesn't attend church fellowships?

Not going to church is disobedience to his command already. Heb. 10:25
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by CashVessel(m): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2016
Leopantro:
when Jesus Christ was crucified, the bible said two other men were crucified with him. both were not Christians and never attended church but one made it to heaven to fest with Jesus Christ.
think about it

There is nothing to think about cos, they weren't Christians before that time, so going to church was outta place. Secondly you don't know when your death will come, so you need to be prepared and lastly, you may not have that much time for reflection before death
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by christinnah(f): 9:37am On Aug 01, 2016
CashVessel:

There is nothing to think about cos, they weren't Christians before that time, so going to church was outta place. Secondly you don't know when your death will come, so you need to be prepared and lastly, you may not have that much time for reflection before death

The question is: CAN A CHRISTIAN MAKE HEAVEN IF HE/SHE DOESN"T GO TO CHURCH?

the answer is yes if you believe and have faith in God you can go heaven.

yes not all Christian can go church but they have faith and believe in God. They also devote their heart to him by doing their daily devotion, reading their bibles and all that. So they have a close relationship with God, even they don't go church but they had that close relationship with the Father. So I believe that God will take them into heaven. BUT. some other Christian they always go church just to attend as a church member. and I think that is the only time you can see them reading their bibles but not all day of the week. so what do you think of those kind of people. I don't think they can make heaven with that kind of attitude. even they always go church because they only know God on Sunday and church time.
thank you! and God bless
Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by softlady70: 9:45am On Aug 01, 2016
jezz....some ppl tho....my view nd my view alone....heaven is real, hell is real....read d Scriptures well. ...some vry funny comments.....d Bible is vry straightforward... it says dont ignore the gathering of d saint,..be it church, be it house fellowship, it's still talkin abt folwship...d death of Jesus is d death of religion... nobody forced u to choose ur church...it's becos ur spirit eithr accpts or blvs in ur pastors anointing... let's jst be careful of wat we say...cos we wll giv account of all....if all some ppl wanna do is critize wat pastors do wit dhr money den,u Forgt it's God u v business wit nt ur pastor, u ar serving God nt ur pastor, d tithe is ur respons to wat he requires of u...wat so Eva anyone does wit it shldnt be ur business...no man cn fight for God..he's able to fight for him self...belivrz ar nt called to jugde even Jesus wen he came neva judge us...ow much we mortal bodies...

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? by Mochonchos: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2016
YOU CANNOT HAVE SALVATION WITH FAITH ONLY BUT WORKS TOO
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?[a] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”[b] And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. JAMES 2:20-26

ALTHOUGH NO WHERE THE BIBLE TALKED ABOUT THE SUNDAY CHURCH SERVICE, JESUS CONFIRMED WHAT JAMES SAID:
"...if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” Mathew 19:17

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Ministry Exploits Of Apostle Ayo Babalola Of Christ Apostolic Church / Tithe – You Are Not Robbing God, Your Pastor Is Robbing God’s People. / What Changed My Life Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.