Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,002 members, 7,814,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Nysc: What's The Process? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc: What's The Process? (993 Views)

AFTER NYSC, WHAT NEXT? / Nysc:what's The Best Format Of Writing A Clearance Letter???.. / How Do I Apply For NYSC Foundation And Holw Long Does The Process Take (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc: What's The Process? by Rosabelle(f): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2009
So I understand if you school outside of Nigeria, you get to choose where you serve. Some people say its not true and on the official NYSC site, they say you dont get to choose. My friend just went back though and she's starting with this set (September I think). She says she was allowed to choose between Lagos and Abuja. So I guess sometimes they allow and sometimes they dont, cos another friend, he starts in February next year and they wont allow him choose, so he's being flung to some state in the north.

Anyhow, I'd like to know: After camp, or before camp, what happens? I remember there was a time when you went to look for a job and then a company of your choice employed you and you went back to register this company as your place of work with the NYSC (my brother had it this way like 8yrs ago I think or 10 yrs ago).

Could anyone tell me how it works. Hope they dont just throw you to teach in some remote village? Do they still do that? Cos its the reason Im dragging out on my BA until Im 30 years old so I dont have to do that NYSC thing. It sounds stressful and unecessary.
Re: Nysc: What's The Process? by drI: 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2009
Rosabelle,
I think foreign students get to choose where they are posted to.I learnt from my friends that they are given the option of either ph,abuja or lagos.i stand to be corrected though.
As per the procedure,you would be deployed to a state for the orientation camp which lasts about 3wks,then you would be sent anywhere in the state to do your primary assignment for the rest of the one year.everything can be arranged as per naija.if you have a place of primary assignment already,they wld write to nysc telling them that they needed you ,then you wld be posted there.
As i said earlier on, all these can be arranged depending on who you know.personally,i was initially posted to zamfara, then i redeployed to abuja by connection and then i got a place of primary assignment by connection too and was posted there by nysc.
If you can defer your BA until you are 30yrs, that would be good.cos methinks its just one wasted year.lol.
take care and good luck on whichever decision you make.
Re: Nysc: What's The Process? by Rosabelle(f): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2009
Oh thanks a lot for the info.
If its possible to get a company to write nysc and tell them they need me, then Im sooo going to work towards that, cos I cant get thrown to some remote place and waste a whole year of my life lol.
Thanks once again

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Or Graduate School / NYSC Online Registration / Does Your Name Falls Under Error List On NYSC Registration ? A Must Read..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.