Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Fayose Regret Supporting Sheriff To Become PDP Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Regret Supporting Sheriff To Become PDP Chairman (345 Views)

Jonathan Asks Makarfi, Sheriff To Step Down Over PDP Crisis / I Regret Supporting Sheriff… It’s One Of My Worst Political Decisions - Wike / Fayose Likens Sheriff To A Bride With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Regret Supporting Sheriff To Become PDP Chairman by politicalcritik: 7:40am On Aug 01, 2016
The Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, said he had learnt his lessons from his initial support for the embattled factional National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff.

He said, "I must tell you that I have learnt my lessons from my past experience. I will not openly identify or campaign for a candidate any longer. As part of our great party in Ekiti, I 'm assuring you that I do not have a personal candidate and God knows I have not spoken to my people about any candidate."We will allow God to choose for us this time by ensuring that all aspirants have a level-playing ground.

"I have learnt my lessons on Ali Modu Sheriff and I take full responsibility for the consequences. Imagine, if we have allowed him to get there, with the way he is now behaving, it would have been worse than this." Fayose, while expressing concerns about the crisis rocking the party, lamented that some people were merely paying lip service to reconciliation efforts in the PDP because of selfish interest.

He stated, "Some people have alleged that I have surrendered for our elder in the party, Chief Bode George. Let me make it categorically clear that I was born and bred in Ibadan and I do understand and appreciate the Yoruba traditions so much and so I have respect for elders."But there was no time that Chief Bode George and I met and discuss this issue and I did not in any way surrender the race to him.

I have not stepped down for him in any way because this time we need fresh and younger blood that would have the physical and mental alertness for the job.

"I have been touring 17 states of the federation for just about a week now and I'm still strong." Meanwhile, the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the PDP, Senator Walid Jibrin, has faulted insinuations that Sheriff was planted by some unseen forces to destroy the party.

He said at Sherrif's age, nobody could have planted him to destroy a party, which was built by great Nigerians, both living and dead. Jibrin noted that God would not forgive anyone who wanted to destroy a party that governed Nigeria for 16 years

http://www.politicalcritics.com.ng/index.php/2016/08/01/fayose-regret-supporting-sheriff-become-pdp-chairman/
Re: Fayose Regret Supporting Sheriff To Become PDP Chairman by ORACLE1975(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2016
grin
Re: Fayose Regret Supporting Sheriff To Become PDP Chairman by Untainted007: 7:48am On Aug 01, 2016
Kontinu, una never see anything. When thieves come together and money ceased to come in for them like befr what else do u expect than disunity? PDP has failed and GEJ caused their total ruin.
Re: Fayose Regret Supporting Sheriff To Become PDP Chairman by Mynd44: 7:50am On Aug 01, 2016

(1) (Reply)

NEWS!!! - Group Accuses Governor Bello Of N11bn Fraud / The President Does Not Know What Diversification Of Economy / Be Warned! You Are About To Commit Treasonable Felony - Police To Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.