Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) (56349 Views)

Nigerian Airforce Strikes Boko Haram In Tagoshe, Borno [VIDEO] / Nigerian Air Force Increases Tempo Of Air Strikes Against Boko Haram. Photos / FG To Suspend Military Offensive Against Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by ChangeIsCostant: 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) again today struck at criminal hideouts and camps harbouring pipeline vandals at AREPO and environs. The latest air strike is in continuation of the aerial bombardment commenced by the NAF on Thursday 28 July 2016 to rid the affected areas of pipeline vandals and other criminal elements.

The ongoing air operations is aimed at providing air support for the Joint Task Force recently set-up by the Defence Headquarters to dislodge pipeline vandals in the South West region of the Country in an operation codenamed OPERATION AWATSE.

There are strong indications based on analysis of the enclosed footage on Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), as well as Strike and, Battle Damage Assessment (BDA) missions undertaken by NAF aircraft that the vandals have been sufficiently displaced from their current locations at AREPO while their criminal activities have also been heavily disrupted.

The NAF however is intensifying its ongoing air operations day and night to neutralise the remnants of the vandals who might have relocated deep inside the Mangrove Forest.

Recall that the NAF is at present operating in 4 zones across the country to tackle various forms of internal security challenges. They include insurgency in the North East; cattle rustling, kidnapping and armed robbery in the North West; militancy in the South-South; and pipeline vandalism in the South West.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/nigerian-air-force-strikes-criminal.html

[ url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KwenfkKw0][/url]

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by ChangeIsCostant: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2016

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by PrettyCrystal: 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2016
Buhari dey vex oo

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by dainformant(m): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
hope innocent people were not affected

12 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by HtwoOw: 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
? ? ? ? ? ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by abacus(m): 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
dainformant:

This kind question self. Why not go there and do a roll-call, sebi you know the place we are talking about.

244 Likes 19 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ok
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
Light em up

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by wowmenow: 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
I only see northern air force preparing to go kill the Yorubas in Lagos state

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by QuotaSystem: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by QuotaSystem: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Coming to a creek near you. Great work boys!

Unfortunately for Indonesian firewoods and their Ijaw masters, this government cannot be blackmailed.

The long rope given to the militants by PMB has extended to its limit, instead of embracing the olive branch offered, the creek criminals decided to be obstinate and chose fireworks instead.

Sai Operation Awatse (everybody scatter)!

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by CACAWA(m): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
abacus:

This kind question self. Why not go there and do a roll-call, sebi you know the place we are talking about.

abi

5 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by weyab: 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
Old pix

3 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by tempest02: 7:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
In as much as there are criminal elements there, there are definitely Nigerians there whose quest to source for daily bread placed them in that location.

The jets should have taken out the observation post and the AA guns, and ground forces and naval units would have done a more precise job.

I'm not expecting this type of success against the NDA...except the drones use thermal cameras for surveillance. They bomb at night, and I'm sure they camouflage into the environment.

They should stop tagging them ijaw militants...i won't be surprised is all ethnicity are represented there. Theres lots of hardship.

17 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by trinitylove(m): 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
oyb:
Light em up

yea let's smoke their sorry asses wink

3 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Adminisher: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
This new ISR and improved CAS capabilities by NAF is commendable. Kill them fast and with prejudice.

28 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Femich18(m): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
I opened this thread thinking I'll see photos of the bombardment... This OP sef

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Mynd44: 7:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
Light em up guys.

7 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by ba7man(m): 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
wowmenow:
How can you know from Onitsha?

134 Likes 8 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by femmy2010(m): 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
wowmenow:

What I see is the Nigerian Airforce.

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by smallJagaban: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
NICE ONE.. KUDOS TO TNE NIGERIA SECURITY PERSONNEL

2 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by LOC1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
Good one there. I'm just loving this show. Finally, peace is beginning to return to our environment. Keep the flag flying guys till these criminal elements are reduced to nothing

12 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by idupaul: 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2016
Alpha jet don suffer for the hands of Nigerian Airforce ..the Jet be like please retire me but our Airforce no gree ..even as the maker don't support its maintenance again we still took them to Innoson to fabricate parts. .nice pics though

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by niggi4life(m): 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
wow this is the best video i have seen in a while.

Thumbs up to my gallant Airforce

15 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by kuuljay(m): 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
abacus:

lwkmd nigerians are so funny even America they respect us in terms of ribs cracking

6 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by johnmartus(m): 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
dainformant:
which one is innocent ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nice to see the Nigerian state enforcing it's control over criminal groups. Nigeria can't be a bandit nation. But is I not a sign of state weakness that we are having multiple crises I the country nd that our police can't do nada?

4 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by Jakumo(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
That video clip was absolutely breathtaking. The drone footage of people running around near their canoes was of an exceptional clarity and resolution that could only mean that the drone was hovering VERY low, perhaps just high enough not to be heard or noticed. The footage of that one man who leaped aboard that blue boat and picked up a rifle or RPG was so crystal clear that one can be certain he was blown to pieces, along with many of his buddies, not long after that film was taken.

The production of the video was truly a masterwork of video editing, and it left me on the edge of my seat, waiting to see armed runners on the ground getting lit up as the birds rolled in for the attack, before, all to soon, the clip ended. Watching those airmen check out the battle plan in the accompanying still pictures, and then seeing them saddle up and taxi out for the day's sortie in the video clip, is an image that will undoubtedly inspire many a young Nigerian to sign up for the air force in the hopes of becoming a combat pilot.

These pictures and video clip add up to one fantastic, well crafted example of publicity that entertains while educating. Somebody in the Nigerian Air Force Public Relations Department deserves a pay raise and a pat on the shoulder for releasing this amazing glimpse into the lives of these highly trained sky warriors as they get airborne and set out to lock horns with seasoned swamp guerilla fighters lurking deep in the forest labyrinth, armed to the teeth.

Looking forward to seeing Part 2 of this amazing video account of war, when the chit kicks off and the ordnance starts to fly with reckless abandon Yeeeeeeeeehaaaw !

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by biggerj(m): 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
We do NOT negotiate wit Terrorist
I lyk de spirit kip it up by de tym we re thru wit dem dey ll be de ones beging 4 peace

4 Likes

Re: AirForce Strikes Against Militants In Arepo (Video, Photos) by usba: 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
cheesy grin. All I see is the military killing them hoes like Jason.

dainformant:

Abeg join me in saying thunder strike down all the criminal ashewo militant them.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Ministers, Governors Sabotaged Jonathan / Nuratu Abike Sokoya Contesting For Councillorship In Ogun (Photo) / Workers' Salaries: States And Number Of Months They Owe - Vanguard (snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.