Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

What Do I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do I Do? (785 Views)

Caught My Younger Brother And Sister Having sex,what Should I Do? / My Calaber Wife Gives My Troubles But She Is Very Sweet. What Do I Do? / What Hussling Job Can I Do To Make A Living For Myself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do? by splendidhyke: 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
dear readers, im having issues with my relationship i am intending to take it to the next level (getting married) but my partner just made it to my notice that was diagnosed of bronchiectasis and from what i read about this it cant be cured but can be managed/treated from time to time when she has attacks.... this is something that is really bothering me because she brought it to my notice that its one of her reasons that she has had several break ups.... i do love her but getting married is a thing done in a lifetime and at this junction a lot has been running through my mind.... im new to this forum and really need advises on what to do as this is really depressing for me at the moment and i believe that i can tap from your wisdom. Thanks
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
If you truly love her, her health condition shouldn't be a problem.
Re: What Do I Do? by newsphase(m): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2016
lilyqueen:
If you truly love her, her health condition shouldn't be a problem.

please shut up
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
newsphase:

please shut up

I wasn't talking to you
Re: What Do I Do? by newsphase(m): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Living with bronchiectasis can be stressful and frustrating, but most people with the condition have a normal life expectancy. For people with very severe symptoms, however, bronchiectasis can be fatal if the lungs stop working properly.

Now you have to understand what you are going into... Its not longer any ordinary marriage.. I am telling you this so that you wouldn't start shouting at her when she makes a mistake and reminding her of her condition or any form of quarrel that will lead to something fatal...

But remember what I wrote in bold...

So the simple answer is that you can still marry her .... But make sure you do research on her condition... before jumping into marriage... This will prevent unexpected situations from rising up

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? by newsphase(m): 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
lilyqueen:

I wasn't talking to you

But you weren't making sense... you don't even know what bronchiectasis is and you are already talking about love
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
What's important is she told you.
That shows how strong she feels towards you.

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do? by Oahray: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
Marriage is serious business and requires lots of self-sacrifice. If you know you can't handle her condition, don't bother. If you know you understand the complications involved and still want to be with her, go ahead and lay your bed.

Wait o... How come you just got to know? You guys aren't close or she's just extremely secretive?

Don't talk about love. You have no idea what it is.
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
newsphase:

But you weren't making sense... you don't even know what bronchiectasis is and you are already talking about love

He knows she had the problem before dating her. Why the excuse all of a sudden.

I'm not talking about love. It's better he walks out of the relationship than placing her on false hope
Re: What Do I Do? by ZeeAfrica(f): 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2016
For richer for poor, in sickness and in health. Till death do us apart. Learn marriage vows and understand wat dey mean. If u cant handle it nw, wat happens if in de future, yo future wife or yoself, get a bigger sickness dan dis one? Will yol divorce? If its u, wat wil u do? Comit suicide? Dude, learn wat love means abeg
Re: What Do I Do? by splendidhyke: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
Oahray:
Marriage is serious business and requires lots of self-sacrifice. If you know you can't handle her condition, don't bother. If you know you still want to be with her despite her condition, go ahead and lay your bed.

Wait o... How come you just got to know? You guys aren't close or she's just extremely secretive?

Don't talk about love. You have no idea what it is.

Thanks so much everyone your contribution, @Oahray, on the course of me asking her out some time ago she once told me she has a health issue, then thought she was tring to scare me away with that because then she was having a complicated time with choices, and i never saw any signs of her having any issue that are health related until when we had some arguments and she told me her chest hurts, i thought it was probably normal and she complained again afterwards and i had to go into knowing why the chest pain persisted and she opened up
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
grin

Every person is a package deal... Tats y its really great to know one's medical history juz in case..

Since her medical condition bothers u, don't offer her the marriage yet unless u are very sure tat thru sickness or health... Till death do u both part..
Re: What Do I Do? by newsphase(m): 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
lilyqueen:

He knows she had the problem before dating her. Why the excuse all of a sudden.

I'm not talking about love. It's better he walks out of the relationship than placing her on false hope

This is what he said

dear readers, im having issues with my relationship i am intending to take it to the next level (getting married) but my partner just made it to my notice that was diagnosed of bronchiectasis and from what i read about this it cant be cured but can be managed/treated from time to time when she has attacks

And I want you to take this relationship advise from me lilyqueen

No matter the quarrel, no misunderstanding, the arguments never suggest a break up until you know that you are in danger... Never suggest a man walks out of a relationship... because he may be in a dilemma..... he may asking himself.. what kind of children he will born with that lady.. and so many other stuff...

So rather than giving him this trash It's better he walks out of the relationship than placing her on false hope a marriage counselor and a doctor is needed to state to them what they are about to do.. will it affect their children... Will the condition gets worse as she grows older... is it transmittable...
Re: What Do I Do? by ehix89(m): 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2016
Whatever the decision you're planning on taking within you, search deeper, the topic is way too sensitive.
Re: What Do I Do? by Oahray: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2016
splendidhyke:

Thanks so much everyone your contribution, @Oahray, on the course of me asking her out some time ago she once told me she has a health issue, then thought she was tring to scare me away with that because then she was having a complicated time with choices, and i never saw any signs of her having any issue that are health related until when we had some arguments and she told me her chest hurts, i thought it was probably normal and she complained again afterwards and i had to go into knowing why the chest pain persisted and she opened up
hmmm... Ok. She isn't the very confidential type.

See... There's nothing like a normal marriage, don't let anyone make you think otherwise. Every marriage is unique and has its challenges, some obvious even before tying the knot. Trust me, a medical condition isn't the worst thing that can happen to a marriage, although it makes stuff really complicated.

Be sure to know as much as you can about her condition. Here's my suggestion... Imagine you are already married to her and she develops this condition after wedding. Then do some thorough online research on it for a week. Check up medical forums if possible. At the end of that week, ask yourself if you are willing to take that extra step... You'd get your answer.

All the best.
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
newsphase:

This is what he said

dear readers, im having issues with my relationship i am intending to take it to the next level (getting married) but my partner just made it to my notice that was diagnosed of bronchiectasis and from what i read about this it cant be cured but can be managed/treated from time to time when she has attacks

And I want you to take this relationship advise from me lilyqueen

No matter the quarrel, no misunderstanding, the arguments never suggest a break up until you know that you are in danger... Never suggest a man walks out of a relationship... because he may be in a dilemma..... he may asking himself.. what kind of children he will born with that lady.. and so many other stuff...

So rather than giving him this trash It's better he walks out of the relationship than placing her on false hope a marriage counselor and a doctor is needed to state to them what they are about to do.. will it affect their children... Will the condition gets worse as she grows older... is it transmittable...

Every man has freedom to his or her own opinion
Re: What Do I Do? by newsphase(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
lilyqueen:

Every man has freedom to his or her own opinion

Thank you for finally giving up
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 02, 2016
newsphase:

Thank you for finally giving up

I don't easily give up . I just don't want to argue .
Re: What Do I Do? by RichieDaVinci01(m): 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
For richer for poor, in sickness and in health. Till death do us apart. Learn marriage vows and understand wat dey mean. If u cant handle it nw, wat happens if in de future, yo future wife or yoself, get a bigger sickness dan dis one? Will yol divorce? If its u, wat wil u do? Comit suicide? Dude, learn wat love means abeg
Buhahaha what is this one saying.......like any of you girls talking about love would stay if you were in his shoes smmmmh!
Re: What Do I Do? by newsphase(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
lilyqueen:

I don't easily give up . I just don't want to argue .

What men call an exchange of ideas... women call an argument...

Have a nice day...... You have a gorgeous face by the way
Re: What Do I Do? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2016
newsphase:

What men call an exchange of ideas... women call an argument...

Have a nice day...... You have a gorgeous face by the way

take care. and thanks
Re: What Do I Do? by ZeeAfrica(f): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
RichieDaVinci01:
Buhahaha what is this one saying.......like any of you girls talking about love would stay if you were in his shoes smmmmh!

take it or leave it. I know wat m talking abt

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Beautiful Traditional Pre-wedding Photos / New On Nairaland Please Help / A True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.