Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts (19791 Views)

Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics) / Recession: Buhari Is Incompetent - Sule Lamido / RECESSION: Buhari’s New Thinking - Vanguard Special Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by dre11(m): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The present administration’s Economic Management Team on Tuesday held what it called a consultative forum with a team of economic and financial experts across the country.

The meeting was meant to enable the team which consists of government officials only to engage experts on how to address the challenges facing the country’s economy which is currently in recession.

At the meeting presided over by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, suggestions on how best to reflate the economy, bring it out of recession and promptly restore growth were part of the agenda.

According to a statement by his spokesman, Mr. Laolu Akande, the Vice-President was said to have at the closed door session expressed President Muhammadu Buhari’s determination to continuously consider and adopt policies that would boost business, increase employment and provide succour to the poor and disadvantaged.

“We will continue to engage with experts and other stakeholders so we can measure progress of the economic policies that have been put in place.

“The challenges are many but the opportunities are much greater.
“We are clearly on the path to building an economy that will create jobs and ensure inclusive growth,” Osinbajo was quoted as saying at the meeting.

Experts who attended the four-hour special meeting were Mr. Bismarck Rewane, Mr. Bode Augusto, Prof. Akpan Ekpo, Dr. Ayo Teriba and Prof. Badayi Sani.

Issues discussed at the meeting were said to have included the review of the new foreign exchange regime and its effect on the economy as well as the draft Medium Term Economic Framework for 2017-2019.

Akande said the EMT members and the experts made suggestions on how to reflate the economy, especially through massive infrastructural spending with active private sector participation, ensure pro-people economic policies, increase the supply of dollars to the forex market among other issues.

Also speaking with reporters at the end of the meeting, Minister for Budget an National Planning, Senator Udo Udoma said, “We have just finished a special meeting of the economic management team, as you know, we are in the middle of consultations to develop the new mid-term economic framework, M-TEF.

“The meeting is part of a comprehensive consultation process that we are embarking on to make sure that we reach out to a wide spectrum of Nigerians to get a feedback in terms of how best to make sure that we come out of this recession.”

http://punchng.com/recession-buharis-economic-team-turns-experts/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Cutehector(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
cool

Dem don share money finish

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by cjrane: 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
Animals in government. grin

I thought they said anyone can manage the economy? They brought all sorts of characters to manage Nigeria's economy. Thinking managing the economy is merely about sharing monthly allocation and oil money. After irreparable damages have been wrecked they finally know it makes sense to get experts?

Illiteracy is indeed a curse! grin grin

189 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by anabellabul(f): 7:55am On Aug 03, 2016
Una try

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by SylarsMcQuins: 7:56am On Aug 03, 2016
Thought the lying shameless idiott Lai Mohammed said some days ago the CHANGE we voted for is here

Femi Adesina: Hardship isn't in the land and people aint complaining

All dese ediots sefs

Before you knw it the brown roof Afonjas will come and call me IPOB.

Idi ara dem, awon oni iranu mofos

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Kenai: 7:56am On Aug 03, 2016
When we kept drumming it to the heads of these dunces that Buhari's appointments have NOTHING to do with merit and qualifications but are based on 3 factors - Tribalism, Nepotism and Cronyism - they went haywire with the usual empty, hackneyed recitation, "I don't care where Baba picks his people from, as long as they PERFORM".
Well, there you have it.
Playtime is finally over, and the grim, depressing reality that these "technocrats" were actually UNQUALIFIED to handle these posts has finally come home.

See, you can never win with nepotism or cronyism. The fates will not allow you. One way or another, your intellectual emptiness will be laid bare for all to see.

When you replace a Barth Nnaji with a Fashola, an Adesina with an Audu Ogbeh, an Okonjo-Iweala with an Adeosun, an Emeka Mba with an 83-year old Durojaiye and a Mobolaji Johnson with a glove-wearing clown; then trust me you have already staged your own epic failure.

This man was running a team of economic illiterates and high-powered dimwits all along, but you piled excuse after excuse to defend the blunders.

Now they're out of ideas and are finally looking for 'experts'...
Wait... You mean these clowns were mere 'office holders' all this while?

Tell me something! grin

Best wishes.

174 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by B3sty(m): 7:56am On Aug 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by misscall247: 7:57am On Aug 03, 2016
after d reggae play d blues

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by brownjulie(f): 7:57am On Aug 03, 2016
You people should do whatever you have to do and be quick about it,I cant bear the look on my brothers face when we sock garri.....

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by herzern(m): 7:58am On Aug 03, 2016
embarassed
Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 03, 2016
Who is the best candidate to replace this man?
Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by herzern(m): 7:58am On Aug 03, 2016
shocked
Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Barselonia(m): 7:58am On Aug 03, 2016
I tired for Nigerian, we are d one all shouting the government need to invite an expert to help the economic flourish again...
now some people (especially nairalanders )are already talking that such a failed government....
is there any crime in inviting an expert to tackle some issue.....

4 Likes

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Runyi74: 7:58am On Aug 03, 2016
All this is coming too late. They should do something and stop talking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by herzern(m): 7:59am On Aug 03, 2016
cry
Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by loifez(f): 7:59am On Aug 03, 2016
The average Nigerian is an economic illiterate a d that is standard. These guys are trying so hard to ensure things fall back in shape and I love the part that advices o infrastructural development as a matter of urgency.

For those who see nothing good in this effort just because their hero of corruption lost, I can't help but laugh at you. No matter how bad things get, these peoole are not going to feel it as much as you and I......so we garra appreciate their efforts biko

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Bitterleafsoup: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2016
I remember how the Zombies called for Auntie Ngozi to resign at every news, why such silence from the 90%?

The Minister of Finance will soon be replaced by an Alhaji like the CBN and they will claim he is the most qualified.

Buhari and his DSS, EFCC leadership have yet to make any arrest mind you.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Descartes: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2016
Buhari running a team of economic illiterates grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by IMASTEX: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2016
"It is when the ship is down that the crew will clearly realise that the captain has stored for himself/generation unborn life-jacket to keep floating while the crew sink below"

It is from this recession they shared exotic cars to the National Assembly, etc

2 Likes

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Descartes: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2016
They have now turned to the experts thought they are technocrats themselves. Only in zoogeria that the government allows house to collapse before it rebuilds.Too late Mr. President grin

Experts who attended the four-hour special meeting were Mr. Bismarck Rewane, Mr. Bode Augusto, Prof. Akpan Ekpo, Dr. Ayo Teriba and Prof. Badayi Sani.

^^^
Any economic team without an Igboman on board is dead on arrival angry

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by massinola(m): 8:00am On Aug 03, 2016
Nigeria problems are too much for this old man and his unprofessional team members to handle. Imagine housing, works, and power given to a man who only knows how to convict criminals. can fashola connect a simple circuit? see our economy, adeosun or adeola I don't know what she's called. how will Nigeria work with these compensation types of appointment. everybody is wailing, Fr. Mbaka has joined us. this is not good for baba's political career for 2019. Mbaka said there is hunger and if you don't sit up, you won't get any vote come 2019. it's happening already cos on nairaland, your likes have been slashed by 2/3. 2years almost gone and committee upon committee are still being set up? no tangible progress. are you guys for real?
meanwhile, when your leader is a dullard, this is what happens

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Afrok(m): 8:00am On Aug 03, 2016
Haha... all nah to please the citizens, its not like they will allow or listen to the experts sef undecided
Walks away with angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2016
Only in Naija undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by diasporaman(m): 8:00am On Aug 03, 2016
J
Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by mexyk(m): 8:01am On Aug 03, 2016
Glad some eyes have opened and they know the right thing to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by gratiaeo(m): 8:01am On Aug 03, 2016
They have not started

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Delicious22: 8:01am On Aug 03, 2016
Kemi adeosun my crush, really admire her alot but she's in a demonic party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Efizzi: 8:01am On Aug 03, 2016
Unfortunately Buhari has the worst economic team and loud mouthed ministers. How can a minister announce that the country is broke. Do you even know the effect of your utterances. Kemi Adeosun is totally unfit for this job. Amaechi and the other ministers should keep quiet on on whether economy broke or not. Buhari should release money into the system. You cannot make money if you don't release money. Good morning Guys

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Mentorkaryhm(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2016
They have not got d clear perspective of d whole economic situations and I believe that is d reason for d confusion...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 03, 2016
All thanks to pdp 16yrs of rule.

Its essential we give kudos to whom its due. We can't keep looming in mediocrity and 'abracadabra' which pdp had instilled in our system and way of living.....

I will conclude by saying Buhari is the best man we ever had in government. He's our true messiah.

Anyways

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts by Observant: 8:03am On Aug 03, 2016
I don hear, what a country, they had to wait for the economy to total collapse before attempt at revival.

Shame.....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpabio Clinches APC Senate Ticket For Akwa Ibom West / NNPC To Hike Fuel Price, As Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike / FG To Review Wages, Allowances For Governors, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.