Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,500 members, 7,770,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:10 AM

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) (195391 Views)

Journal Of A Bank Worker By Cj / The Diary Of A Jobless Worker / The Ghost-worker Aristol, A Short Prose By- Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
Cc

Vandops10
Icemany
remiseyi
Chrisosi
enigurl
toboski1
kingphillip
beezyblaze
Cutehector

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Cornerstone001: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
Even though Bibi does not want us to benefit from the interesting piece

thANKS TO THOSE THAT SHARED IT
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2016
Cornerstone001:
Even though Bibi does not want us to benefit from the interesting piece

thANKS TO THOSE THAT SHARED IT

Aww. I thought i mentioned u. Sorry bro.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by toboski1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
thanks for the mention Bibi
iMust commend your good work and writing skills, may God multiply ur pen and give u the strength to feed us with more stories.
" You will not kill me! I swear i will kill you before you kill me!" if ur mother never told you this before ehn, you're probably adopted niyen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2016
* Continues*

Ifeoma

" Ifeoma Ambrose"

I looked up from my biology text book. Mrs Anene our vice principal stood in front of my classroom. No wonder the noisy class had suddenly gone quiet. " Ma" i stood up.

" See me in my office during recess" She walked out of the class. Juliet gave me the " what have you done this time" look and i replied her with the" I don't know" expression. It is amazing how you can communicate with your bestfriend without uttering a single word.During recess i went to the VP' s office and knocked on her door, she beckoned me in.

'' Sit down. Your year tutor brought it to my notice that your grades are dropping badly.You were once the most brilliant girl in this school! are you keeping company with bad girls?"

My eyes dropped to my thighs. " No ma"

" Talk to me.....what is the problem?"

My eyes misted with tears. " My mom has never liked me, but these past few days her hatred for me has intensified. She finds a reason to beat me, at home i am always doing a chore or the other. She does not give me time to study or even do my assignment. "

" Your mother doesn't hate you. She is only bringing you up as a good mother should. That is no excuse for you to fail any subject again or score below 60 marks!"

" OK Ma." I said. Maybe this is the way every parents treat their child, but why is my dad not mean to me?

" You may go back to your class, study extra hard girl!"

" Thank you ma." I went back to my class.

On the way home i couldn't resist asking Juliet if her mother also beats her for no good reason.

" No, she tells me to go to my room when i do something bad. Or i won't be allowed to watch TV for a week!"

" Really? you are lucky!"

She opened her bag and brought out a set of perfume. It was so cute and girly. Katy perry.

" Bro Jeff said i should give this to you"

" Awww. It is so cute but i can't accept it.''

Bro Jeff was Juliet' s elder brother, he was always buying us something. If i had an elder brother i would want him to be as nice and generous as Bro Jeff but i have a little brother and he is a good brother too.

" Why?! He got me one too!"

" Jules please i can't accept it. Please thank him for me."

She put it back it her school bag as we stopped a bike. My feet had never stepped into my mom' s car before, when dad had the time he takes me to school but those were on some rare occasions. The biker stopped in front of my gate and i paid him. Juliet lives in the house next to mine so we see often outside school. I went into the sitting room, Toby was asleep on the settee and i carried him into his room.

Mom called me from the kitchen, i ran into the kitchen afraid she would box my ears if she called me twice. "Good afternoon Mom, i took Toby into his room".

" How are you sweetie?"

I was stunned. " Am fine ma"

" Come, i have something for you, come closer".

I moved closer to her, is this for real? She asked me to give her my hand, before i could realize her intention she had forced my hand into a steaming bowl of water she had in front of her. I yelped in pain trying to snatch my hand away but her grip on mine was too tight. Some of the hot water splashed on her and she gave me a back hand slap with her free hand.

" How dare you! how dare you report me to your Vice principal! That holier_ than_ thou woman called me preaching to me! so i don't know how to train my own child ehn!" She screamed.

" What is going on here?" Dad asked. His eyes taking in the scene before his eyes, my cries could be heard miles away. My hand which was held tightly into the hot water had lost all its skin looking like chicken breast. He pushed her away with a force and she landed on her rump.

He scooped me into his arms and ran out of the flat. He placed me gently on the back seat of his car and drove me to the nearest clinic. Is this normal? is this also part of godly upbringing? i closed my eyes as the pain became unbearable for me. Please i want to die.

TBC

Please like, share and leave a comment.

54 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by lumzybo: 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
bibijay123:

Aww. I thought i mentioned u. Sorry bro.

Bibi, keep thoughting grin I guess if I shld ask same, I knw the response already. Nice story

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Frozeen(m): 7:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
Gosh! Ifeoma's mom is so heartlessundecided
Bibi pls kill that wicked woman abeg!sad

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
lumzybo:

Bibi, keep thoughting grin I guess if I shld ask same, I knw the response already. Nice story

Loool grin sorry bro
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
Frozeen:
Gosh! Ifeoma's mom is so heartlessundecided

Bibi pls kill that wicked woman abeg!sad

Loool am not a murderer o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
* Continues*

I tossed and turned all night, dad came to check up on me frequently. He kept saying Nne ndo, touching my hair, asking if i was alright. In the morning he brought me a cup of tea and i took my pain killers and antibiotics. He took me into the bathroom and cleaned my body with warm water. My left hand looked hidious and it was patched with wool which had already turned yellow. Dad had told them at the pharmacy that I had mistakenly put my hand into a bowl of hot water. The old lady had berated me severely as she was treating the wound.

Dad carried me into my bed. He placed some money under my pillow and left for work. Minutes later i heard my door creak open slowly and i closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. Mom came into the room and sat beside me on the bed. I tried to relax my features like i was truly sleeping. Her blackberry phone rang and she answered the call.

" Hello" She said.

Pause.

" Please i beg you in the name of God. Where will i get such amount of money! I have sold all my jewelries......i have nothing else to sell!"

Pause.

'' What did you do with the one millionaira i gave you just last week! Biko have mercy on me nau! hello! hello!"

She stood up and left my room banging the door after her. Who was at the other end? Mom sounded so frightened, i never knew anything could rattle her or anyone for that matter.

Tbc

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by jomagibs: 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
Following my legend.. Till d end

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by toboski1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
following up religiously nice 1 Bibi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
Cc
Olivers2J
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2016
jomagibs:
Following my legend.. Till d end

Thanks! I love your story and how u write. kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Anugod(f): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2016
Wow! Just had time to read the story now...
Following steadfastly. One can never tell what Bibi is cooking... wink cool

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by jomagibs: 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
bibijay123:

Thanks! I love your story and how u write. kiss
Don't be surprise if I told you I learnt writing from you. And my story is dieing to much bans for things I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
Chapter 2

Ebere

Chika' s corpse was by the roadside for three days, when Madam came to pick us that night she asked us to pretend Chika was not one of us. She made us stay back home for three days sorting out her wardrobe. I walked around with the guilt of my best friend' s death on my young shoulders. I missed my mother, i missed my best friend Chika. Madam was complaining daily about how we are not making her any money.

When we resumed working we heard the government had come for the body. The nights were cold and the pay was very small. Some men would say they want to f* uck you with a bottle, the old timers gradually accepted us into their circle and showed us the ropes. We were inducted about the pros and cons, we were also told we need contacts because only roadside hustling doesn't pay. With their influence we were allowed into Pekas where the big men and yahoo guys came to spend their money.

You have to act like you know because nobody likes a novice and clients need to know they won't be wasting their hard earned money on some mommy and daddy f*uck. You dont just stand expecting a customer to walk up to you, you have to advertise your wares and lay emphasis on your skills, he ( Client) should be able to climax with the mental pictures you have created.

First your clothes has to be on point, you have to move with the bigger girls and establish contacts. Always go an extra mile to please a client. Make the police your friend and watch everything work together for your good......a client is refusing to pay? Call them! Client gave you half payment? call them! want to scam a client? Call them! stay away from other people' s client and you don't have to watch your back. Ignore people. Those tiny legged girls claiming holy? ignore them! Those women in their flashy cars who slowed down just to stare at you and use you to set a bad example to their kids when they get home? Ignore them!those fake pastors who comes to shout fire and brimestone? Ignore them? When you are on duty and you see any one you know! Ignore! Your mother saw you and called your name? Ignore! those women who nods their head accusingly, ignore! those women from the Saint Leo church round the corner..... You know what to do. The worst mistake to make is to fall in love with a client or let him do you skinny! always insist on using a condom!

I bought dye of different colors and changed the colors of the clothes i brought with me from the village. I modified most of them, a shred here or there with blade, a cut or two in a jean or blouse to give it a Kanye West design look. I kept back some of the meager money i made and saved religiously for a Brazilian hair. I was ready to make it big time in this business. I yearned to be known as one of the queens of the street. People like Madam B would pay for everything they had ever done to me. I never forget a face or name.

Tbc

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
jomagibs:

Don't be surprise if I told you I learnt writing from you. And my story is dieing to much bans for things I don't know.

Why the bans nau.....avoid breaking any of the rules and mail the mods to inform them. Am pitching my tent on ur thread 2moro.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by jomagibs: 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
bibijay123:

Why the bans nau.....avoid breaking any of the rules and mail the mods to inform them. Am pitching my tent on ur thread 2moro.
I thought they said each member is solely responsible for what ever they post. Did you know I was banned because of the word C-U-M .and you know such word must appear on my pidgin storyline . And I mailed the mod since yesterday to tell me words that may result to ban but till now no reply .I need to update Johnson's and a few characters but since it's pidgin I will have to wait till he replys while am waiting my fan base is going down till it sinks. I wish I didn't start the story is the first place.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Olivers2J(f): 6:14am On Aug 07, 2016
bibijay123:
Cc Olivers2J
Tnk u 4 the mention, it's an interesting story
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Yalakalibari007: 6:28am On Aug 07, 2016
Icey
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 07, 2016
Op. I have never come across any of your previous stories but this one is making serious sense to me. Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Primusinterpares(m): 6:57am On Aug 07, 2016
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by afamn: 7:04am On Aug 07, 2016
Following

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by sheyishay: 7:14am On Aug 07, 2016
Hmmmm.Pekas
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Emeka71(m): 7:14am On Aug 07, 2016
Super-story; BTW; I see the reason why babes prefer thier fathers to thier mothers.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:33am On Aug 07, 2016
alexistaiwo:
Op. I have never come across any of your previous stories but this one is making serious sense to me. Thumbs up

Thanks. Previous ones are When tears bring yes and devil has the money.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:34am On Aug 07, 2016
Emeka71:
Super-story; BTW; I see the reason why babes prefer thier fathers to thier mothers.

Everything is super story to u
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Emeka71(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2016
bibijay123:

Everything is super story to u
The story is so sweet; I love the way you presented the whole thing.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by onyeali(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2016
This piece is great
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by greatdeal1408: 7:59am On Aug 07, 2016
following in ghostmoood.....
keep it up.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by hefelove(m): 8:00am On Aug 07, 2016
nawa

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! / Oga Landlord 21+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.