Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) (196164 Views)

Journal Of A Bank Worker By Cj / The Diary Of A Jobless Worker / The Ghost-worker Aristol, A Short Prose By- Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
igbalodehunter:
BibiJay if ah no comment i be selfish reader....
Waiting 4 ur updates.

Thanks
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
skarlett:
Finally caught up, thumbs up Bibi wink

All of you quoting the story should fear God na undecided

Thank u babe kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
iAmCharis:
Oh my!

Bibijay123, you mean to tell me someone truly experienced this? embarassed

Yea. Some ve experienced worse self
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
bibijay123:

Yea. Some ve experienced worse self
Wow!
Indeed, everybody's heart ain't same. Some are naturally evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by toboski1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Bibi tis story con get as e be ooooo lemme kwantinew reading sha....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by yousooph(m): 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
Bibi I commend u for a jib well done.
Make I no cum b selfish person by not commenting on thus nice write up. Thumbs up grl winkBibi I commend u for a jib well done.
Make I no cum b selfish person by not commenting on thus nice write up. Thumbs up grl

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by abefe99: 2:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
nice one dear keep it coming
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chapter 4

Ebere

I went home when I felt stronger; to reassure my landlord I was still alive so he would stop fretting about his house rent. My apartment was far away from where I used to hustle. The key reason our homes were in very far places was to be able to work without a nosy neighbor coming upon us. Some of even went as far sewing nurse uniforms which they wear from home to throw off speculations about their nocturnal activities. Some ladies even lodge in hotels where they are likely to meet good paying clients but back home they were thought to have gone on a trip. Dayo also went back to school but we spent time with each other every weekend. I stopped working for a spell; depending on the money he gives me and the little in my bank account. This weekend Dayo and I were playing in the pool at their back yard when we heard the voice of a woman; the thick Yoruba accent had me rushing out of the pool.

“Won wi be o de ri be! (They said so and it is so) Ekundayo!”

She was a fat woman decked in glittering stone lace, there were rings on each of her fingers,and she could easily pass for a sea goddess if she shed some of the fats.

Dayo climbed out of the pool while I stood in my bikini uncertain what to do.

“Hello Mom,when did you arrive?”

“How could you! How could you stoop so low!’’, She growled. “Iwo to je pe awon oremi nfi e toro omo (exemplary figure) lo wan gbe ashewo kiri! ( dallying with a wh0re)

I ran inside to dress up and pick my bag; she stood at the entrance waiting for me.

“Stay away from my son! Don’t you know your types? Ashewo lasan lasan! ikeji Aja! I would rather see my son with a dog than see him with the likes of you! Stay away from my son!”

“Mom please let her be! What are you even doing here?’’ Dayo walked into the room dripping water from his body onto the beautifully tiled floor.

I ran out of the house, I could hear him calling me but I continued running until I let myself out of the house and out of his life.

Ifeoma

I changed into a gown after wiping some of the blood away from my leg. I slept in front of the gate waiting for some one to open it and tell me it was all a bad dream and that I could come back to the house. I left when it was dawn and started walking, with no direction in mind; my family was strictly nuclear so I had no uncles or aunties to go to. I wondered where my dad was. I got tired from walking and sat down on a stone under a tree. I don’t know how long I sat there crying. Some passersby waited long enough to stare at me but nobody asked if I was alright or offered to help me. I could see her coming; she was a beautiful light skinned girl, not much older than me. She looked distraught when she came closer to where I was. She never stopped to stare, she just walked right on. She went further a bit and came back to where I was. She offered me her hankie.

“Thank you”

She sat beside me on the stone and I wondered briefly if she was insane.

“Am tired of life!’’ she said to herself, “One minute you are happy the next boom! Life bites you in the a$$”

I nodded like I knew what she was saying, her gaze shifted to my blood coated legs and she stiffened.

“You miscarried?”

“No. I was raped” My eyes brimmed with tears and I could feel the pain of bro Jeff tearing into me once again.

Her arms went around my shoulders. “I was raped too……long ago”

I nodded. She stood up.

“I assume you have no where to go, you may come with me’’

I was reluctant. I knew nothing about her, what would her parents say if she brought home a strange girl. She took hold of my echolac box, expecting me to follow her.

“Wait. What is your name?”

“Ebere “she said.

TBC

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
mhiz:
I've been offline for some days. Ride on big sis, I dey tour back! cool

welcome back sis! kiss
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Eniqurl(f): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
This life sef sad

2 Likes

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Lyoncrescent: 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Excellent writing. Thanks for sharing your gift. I still find it amazing that this is based on true life events.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Frozeen(m): 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
Eniqurl:
This life sef sad
Na wa o!undecided
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
noblet2:
Wow...I've never followed a story on NL like this..

Thumbs up Bibi

Thank u
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by sheyishay: 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
Bibijay you wont give me high blood pressure with this episode.what a scintillating write up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Eniqurl(f): 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
Frozeen:
Na wa o!undecided
wetin kon happen undecided

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by yousooph(m): 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
embarassedpls dnt blow my brain with this combination of the story. Nice write up sha keep it upcheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
* Continues*

Ebere

I took the girl to a clinic where she was treated, i suggested she report the case to the authorities but she refused. She lay on my couch staring at the ceiling. I brought the food i had just made into the living room.

" Food is ready"

" Thank you, am not eating"

" You have to eat, i slaved in the kitchen to make you this food so you have to eat."

She sat up and began eating the food mechanically. She looked so much like Chika. She looked up and our eyes met.

" Thank you".

We bonded well over the following weeks, she came into my life the time i needed a friend the most. I missed Dayo, i cried into my pillow every night, i moaned every day about how life had dealt miserably with me.I was amazed at how resilient Ify was, she was a friend, a sister, and i found myself leaning on her shoulder often.

I waited for Dayo' s calls or text messages, just a beep that he was alright and that he didn't forget me but none came. I told her about my profession and my decision to quit.she didn't even blink an eye in judgment. I was impressed when she told me she would get a job to support us but it was a long time coming.

The money in my bank slowly ran out, i knew there was only an option left. We had to survive. One evening i dressed up and picked my working tools, condom, pepper spray, some change and went to work. My colleagues were happy to see, they had thought i went out of the country on assignment. The next day i went to Benin with some girls for a private party and i retuned home with five hundred thousand naira in cash.

I paid the house rent although it wasn't due for another six months. I started noticing the changes in my body gradually, i got easily irritated, i lost apettite for food and all i wanted to do was to sleep. Ify insisted that i should go for a check up. The nurse called my name and i went in to get the results. I had run a test for malaria, HIV, typhoid fever and pregnancy at the nurse' s insistence.

My hands shook as i opened each of the envelops, Hiv, negative, malaria, negative, I breathed in relief. I stared blankly at the last result, how could it be? how could it be? i wondered. The nurse gave me a wide smile patting my hand in a congratulatory manner. I stood up and walked back to the reception, my insides churned and for the first time in my young life i felt alone. Ify collected the results and glanced through each of them. She stared at the last one trading looks with me. We were both afraid.

Tbc

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
davide470:
Skarlett, see what you have caused cry

Been up since 4am reading Bibijay123's stories.

Nice one Bibi.. wink

Thanks bro grin

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by crazygod(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
I really commend ur gift @ Op. At the same time I also envy it. grin. Good job girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by mzdee01(f): 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
the things girls have to go through .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
* Continues*

" How long will you keep up with this behavior?" I shouted in exasperation. Ebere had been holed up inside since we came back from the hospital three days ago. " What we need now is solutions! What do we do? how do we go about it?"

" Please go away" she whispered, her puffed up face pressed into the pillow on the bed. I started laying her clothes on the bed. " What are you doing?"

" We are going to see Dayo.You said he's likely to be home on weekend. Today is Friday, if we don't see him today, we will go back tomorrow "

" Ify how do i face him? his mother...."

I didn't let her finish. " You have no business with her! Come on get up!"

" Am afraid"

" What are you afraid of Ebere?" I asked softly.

" Am afraid he would want to do the right thing, he's an only child and his parents have high expectations for him. Ify just look at me!" She sobbed. I pulled her up.

" There is nothing wrong with you, come on get up"

We took a cab to Omole phase 1 and walked the short distance to Dayo' s house. The gate was opened immediately we knocked.

" Madam how you dey!" The gate man said cheerfully.

It was a good omen. I smiled brightly at him.

" I dey, how u dey?" Ebere said. " Your Oga nko?"

He scratched his head and i lost my smile. Bad omen.

" Oga papa no well, so Oga go see am for America." He looked back into the compound nervously. " Madam talk say Oga no go come back again, she say hin go continue hin study for there."

I could hear Ebere' s heartbeat as surely as i could hear mine.

" Wetin do hin phone? you get hin foreign number? "

" Ah no oo! Madam dey inside, make i go ask her?"

" No"

" Yes"

Ebere and i both said at the same time. She thanked the gate man and we went back home dejectedly.

" I have decided to determinate it" She said later that night.

" Have you thought about it well?

" Have i thought of it?" She shouted, " do i have a choice?! "

She went into the bathroom and locked the door.

" Ebere am sorry" i knocked softly on the door.

" It is not your fault Ify......... I ought to have known better! how could i have been so stupid? " She sobbed.

" No one is above mistake. Please open the door"

" I don't want to......to die! am only nineteen years old! God please help me".

I wondered why life was so fair to some, perfect family, perfect life, is God angry with us? She continued sobbing late into the night and i went into the bedroom to do some sobbing of my own. Is God really up there? i pondered over and over.

Tbc

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 6:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
mzdee01:
the things girls have to go through .

No be small thing o

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Wow... cry

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
* Continues*

Ifeoma

" Na hot Guinness with Alabukun and lime you go use! Once! E Don clear " one of the ladies said.

" Na D and C me i like to do sha!" another one said.

" Ashawo dey suffer ooooo, them go f* uck us for shikini money still get heart pour inside!" The third lady spat out.

Ebere had invited them and here they were acting like an authority on the subject of ' abortion' .

" D and C dey pain oooo my sister!"

I saw Ebere flinched. The ladies lunged into the horrors associated with abortion, they told one gory tale after the other.

" You are frightening her please".

Eight pair of eyes turned on me like they were seeing me for the first time.

" Who be dis?" The loudest of the three asked in her high pitched voice.

" My sister".

" She fine oooo.... Na this one men dey like"

The trio laughed and carried on.

" Boil hot water, add small salt,squeeze lime put inside take dey wash your to.to. e go kill germs wey dey there so you no go get infections "

" Okay" Ebere nodded taking mental note of every word they said like she was being lectured by Harvard lecturers. " How many days i go drink the hot Guiness concoction? "

" Which one be concoction again?" High pitch hissed." Shey na rice? i say Hot Guiness, Alabukun and lime! drink am for three days ".

Ebere nodded her head. That night Ebere carefully drained a big bottle of Guiness into a bowl, she poured two satchets of Alabukun into the bowl stirring it with her finger. She squeezed six tiny lime into the bowl. She tentatively lifted the bowl to her lips and paused.

" There's always another option " i said.

" My mind is made up" She lifted the bowl to her lips and closed her eyes. She gulped it down and sagged back in relief.

TBC

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by Donzee02(m): 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
Bibi right now I dt know what to say cos you are too good. God bless you with more wisdom, knowledge and understanding.....ALLEN AVENUE

1 Like

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by armadeo(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
@ the end of this story I have to ask where your inspiration came from.

This is good writing.

Ishilove come and see.

I remember your wasibi chronicles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by mattyboy007(m): 7:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
One of d sweetest story so far on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
Donzee02:
Bibi right now I dt know what to say cos you are too good. God bless you with more wisdom, knowledge and understanding.....ALLEN AVENUE

Thanks bro.
Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by virtuedagirl(f): 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
Bibi,this story is superb,thanks for the updates.I can only feel pity for ebere&ify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by johnwizey: 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Na abortion dis ppl dey analyse so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by bibijay123(f): 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chapter 5

Ebere

Ebere! Ebere! Ebere!

" What? " i moaned. " go away"

I felt someone lift my limp body onto the back seat of a car. Why was Ify screaming? who were these people? why couldn't they let me be?

" She's awake" Ify whispered.

" What are you whispering about? " i moaned out. " where are we?"

The little stuffy room smelled of medicine and sweat. The smell was neauseting and a bile rose up in my throat. A tired looking nurse came in, she wore an old dusty looking wig which was perched atop her head precariously.

" She's finally awake! These young girls of nowadays ehn! " she hissed. " Go buy her something light to eat, maybe pap or pepper soup"

" OK ma". Ify said. " I will be back shortly Ebere" she touched my hand gently.

" What......what happened?"

" My friend will you stop talking! You need to rest!" The nurse barked.

" Ahn ahn, Madam take am easy nau" Ify cautioned her. She ( nurse) hissed and marched out of the room.

" You need to rest like she said......i will be back".

Ify came back with a cooler of catfish pepper soup and agidi ( eko) . She spoon fed me, afterwards she helped me lie back on the bed gently. A doctor struttered into the room, he did the necessary ceremonies doctors do to act all superior.

" You have to be careful" he addressed me. " You would have lost your life if not for your friend here. "

I nodded.

" How could you possibly attempt to terminate a pregnancy by yourself! Anyway thank your stars for giving you another chance at life. The baby is OK and i advise you don't attempt such again or unless you want to kiss your life good bye".

He struttered out once again. Did i hear him say the baby was OK? what do i do with a baby? how would i survive? A pregnant wh0re! i let the tears flow freely out of my eyes. Ify gave my hand gentle squeezes. It meant everything would be fine. But i knew nothing will be alright again, no matter the decision i made, i knew i would forever regret it.

Tbc

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) by kikayboss(m): 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
bibijay123 you are bae.....seriously loving this tori....abeg when you start another story tag ur boy....love you jae... Bibi is bae...

errrmm...
but ebere pvssy for don slack already *i just dey observe ooo*...

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (37) (Reply)

Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.