Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG (68024 Views)

FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? / Prayer Points For RCCG 2017 40-day Fast / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by tomquest: 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
I hope you all read to the end and not tithe only? Tithe didn't start today. My father paid, I still pay. So it is up to you if want to pay or not. Na God go judge you. No be my head ooo. Everybody carry your cross. Do what you know is OK and cool by you.

Your father paid and so you must pay; have you taken your time to read the scriptures to find out if it's scriptural to pay money (coded as tithes) to a church?

The bible emphasizes on giving but THERE'S NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE WHERE MONEY WAS ASSOCIATED WITH TITHES.

If you have to obey Pastors rather than Jesus, it's your own cup of tea.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
Stevosty:
I will rather be a cheerful giver, those are ones God loves according to the New Testament. Giving to the needy not the rich.
Abi o, it only said cheerful givers not tithe payers. But pastor loves tithe payers sha.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
Orikinla:
Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Offerings and tithes open the gates of the Throne of Grace.
Almighty God JEHOVAH JIREH will give you a bumper harvest even in the midst of drought.

I have seen it!

I never pay tithes but I never lack anything trust me. I give to the needy and that's my way of obeying God. Givers never lack everyone knows that but tithing naa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by mryemite(m): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
martineverest:
y do pastors lay more emphasies on payment of tithes and offerings??i'm yet to see a verse in the holy book,where jesus asked his ppl to pay tithe.

They really need to lay emphasy on helping the needy with our resources.

The way redeem demand for money nowadays is becoming apalling.....they werent like dis b4

Malachi 3: 8 - 10.......
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2016
bobkezel:
This man is becoming a nuisance to the society as the days go by. I think his end is near.
Abi o.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 04, 2016
mryemite:

That there will be food in my house, I did not see money there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by tomquest: 11:26pm On Aug 04, 2016
Dangote doesn't pay tithes to any church.

Is he cursed?

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by davoremix(m): 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2016
neocortex:
Pastorpreneurs and god of men are smart, instead of him saying "don't owe or rob Adeboye", he framed it as "don't owe or rob god" when does the god start eating Naira and dollars ?
Gosh you are dull.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
10%
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by martineverest(m): 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
mryemite:

bro,if i start giving u verses that negate tithing,u will never visit malachi again......book of deut,leviticus and numbers give the full details of tithing and its uses( for the needy).....jesus christ negated payment of tithes as requested by pharisees.the book of hebrew openly rebuked tithing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
Orikinla:
Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Offerings and tithes open the gates of the Throne of Grace.
Almighty God JEHOVAH JIREH will give you a bumper harvest even in the midst of drought.

I have seen it!

Chinese don't pay tithe, but they harvest more than any single country this days even 20 times more than us Nigerians way carry tithe for head. Explain ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by esmarcq(m): 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
lastmessenger:

Anyway follow your mind. As for me my tithes goes to my relations
read Malachi 3 :8-11
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by esmarcq(m): 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2016
martineverest:
bro,if i start giving u verses that negate tithing,u will never visit malachi again......book of deut,leviticus and numbers give the full details of tithing and its uses( for the needy).....jesus christ negated payment of tithes as requested by pharisees.the book of hebrew openly rebuked tithing
give the chapter and verses please, all the books you mentioned here all talk about giving tithe, and the book of Hebrew did not rebuke individuals from giving their tithes

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
Esperooke:
I still have my reservation about this tithe issue. I believe in giving, as commanded by Christ our Lord. But, the issue of tithe is for the Jews according to the old testament.
If tithe is applicable to we Christian, would the Apostles through the new testament have forgotten to charge the church with the payment? And, would Jesus have forgotten to emphasise it the way it's currently been done?
It's good to give, I know. But, tithe?

Na me this tithe ish tire pass. The most annoying part is that some churches will attribute ur success to themselves that if not for them you won't be successful so you must pay ur tithe in their church whether u like go another church. I mean WTF! They take this tithe stuff so serious like it's mandatory whether u get or not
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by tomquest: 11:48pm On Aug 04, 2016
esmarcq:
give the chapter and verses please

Stop acting like a zombie, quoting just one section of the bible. Go and search the scriptures using the words "tithes" and "tithing" and confirm for yourself if giving money to a pastor is scriptural.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Alezy(m): 11:50pm On Aug 04, 2016
cynthia123:
i realize that more than 60 percent of Christains are not faithful when it comes to tithing...
depends on what u see as tithing. tithing is far beyond giving 1/10th of Ur income in church
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2016
lustra89:
please who are the Levite
Levites are the descendants of the Tribe of Levi , one
of the twelve tribes. In addition to Levites, the
Kohens (priests) are also descended from Levi. Both
are integrated in Jewish and Samaritan communities,
but keep a distinct status.
In Jewish tradition, a Levite ( /ˈliːvaɪt/ , Hebrew : לֵוִי,
Modern Levi, Tiberian Lēwî ; "Attached"wink is a member
of the Israelite Tribe of Levi , descended from Levi , the third son of Jacob and Leah .
I'm sure u must have been told that Levites are the general overseers

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Alezy(m): 11:54pm On Aug 04, 2016
neocortex:
Pastorpreneurs and god of men are smart, instead of him saying "don't owe or rob Adeboye", he framed it as "don't owe or rob god" when does the god start eating Naira and dollars ?
rate this brain pls
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by samodan(m): 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2016
undecided
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by chieveboy(m): 12:02am On Aug 05, 2016
project4OO:
Tithes and Offerings, like seeds, are in tandem with the Law of "Give and Receive".

It is one principle of nature that is unexplainable by any known Law of Science.

When you give, you will ALWAYS receive.

How about the Physics law of cause and effect?
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by esmarcq(m): 12:13am On Aug 05, 2016
tomquest:

Stop acting like a zombie, quoting just one section of the bible. Go and search the scriptures using the words "tithes" and "tithing" and confirm for yourself if giving money to a pastor is scriptural.
no one said you should give ur tithe to a pastor, give it to the Lord thru the church, I've searched many times on tithe, maybe next time u reading ur bible u should pray for understanding of the word, don't read it as if it is one novel. Attached to this is a screenshot of verses u can read and learn more about tithe

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by SirDavico(m): 12:18am On Aug 05, 2016
lovelygurl:
I just can't take him seriously
Does anyone takes him seriously? Smhhhh

I got ur back.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by SirDavico(m): 12:29am On Aug 05, 2016
In the law of Moses, Tithing was demanded by God from the Israelites inorder to provide for the levites, who have no other business except serving at the house of God. The same can't be said of pastors today, since they have other business/employment apart from doing God's work. So scripturally, Tithing no longer applies to true christians today.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by iSpread(m): 12:30am On Aug 05, 2016
nice one. The got to be discipline in the house of God. Very vital.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Spirit1(m): 12:38am On Aug 05, 2016
visijo:
rules or doctrine?

Why not tell your members to stop stealing and looting from government.
How can you condone people who pay tithes from looted funds and illegal deals.

When one takes that which doesn't belong to him, it is called stealing. Those who accept money that they clearly know is not theirs are thrives.

When the church accepts the same money as tithes, it is stealing.

If all Christians, all your members were to be upright and reject corruption and bribery of any magnitude or for any reason, Nigeria will turn to a heaven on earth.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by okwusdaddy: 12:52am On Aug 05, 2016
Is that a treat?

So,if someone does not pay tithe,he will go to hell abi ?
Or if a politician who looted the nation's treasury and pays his tithe, would make heaven abi?
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by greatmen: 1:54am On Aug 05, 2016
Can we stop this, Nigerian youths are loosing focus stop insulting the Man of God it's the sacrifices of Men like this that why the worst evil hasn't happened to Nigeria yet, All out WAR, even for nairaland encouraging this its dangerous moderators your treading on glass cry
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Uchemelvin2004(m): 2:37am On Aug 05, 2016
Old things have passed away (apart from tithe because it's money).

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 05, 2016
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by petkoffdrake2(m): 4:02am On Aug 05, 2016
And we are still suffering daily....

Meanwhile, ladies check my signature

Ladies only for now...
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by achorladey: 4:03am On Aug 05, 2016
Did Jesus collect tithes? Did any of Jesus apostles collect tihes? For the record, Jesus oversee two contribution during his presence and those that contributed, some did out of there excess while the widow contributed from what is left of her. Paul one of the Apostles who travelled all over to declare the Good news never for once placed the tithe burden on the congregation of God. Even Ananias and Saphirra were not paying tithes before their deaths, they were only making voluntary donations 'grudgingly' or 'under false pretense' which was not accepted. Since the tithe of a thing has come under serious question most are now doing it 'grudgingly' or 'under false pretense' of which I feel is not acceptable too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Synagogue: Disciples Seize Assets, Put T.B Joshua’s Private Jet Up For Sale / Eunice Olawale’s Murder: Imam Who Ordered Youths To Chase Woman Away Arrested / Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.