Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG (68055 Views)

FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? / Prayer Points For RCCG 2017 40-day Fast / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by sekundosekundo: 8:14am On Aug 05, 2016
martineverest:
they are numerous

Quotations pls
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Topgainer: 8:17am On Aug 05, 2016
May God help Pastor Adeboye, the temptation to say just anything to comes to his mind is becoming stronger and irresistible. One bad thing about that is that when you realize you have made mistakes, the statements are already well circulated and the discrediting starts pouring with superior Bible references

God help Pastor Adeboye
Anyway, he has every right to tell his children (RCCG members) what he feels, that can never be binding on all Christians.

Giving in Christianity should be. encouraged but never compulsory. You may decide to give 10%, 20% or all of your salary to whomever you want, you and your hearts decision.
Compulsory giving to synagogue and temple tax is an attribute of Mosaic dispensation with clearly defined purpose for it

Speaking in tongue? God help Adeboye

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Lionofdjungle: 8:47am On Aug 05, 2016
All the tithes realized are used to build private universities which those who contributed the money are not able to afford. Is that not injustice and exploitation?
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by shawty0: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2016
martineverest:
y do pastors lay more emphasies on payment of tithes and offerings??i'm yet to see a verse in the holy book,where jesus asked his ppl to pay tithe.

They really need to lay emphasy on helping the needy with our resources.

The way redeem demand for money nowadays is becoming apalling.....they werent like dis b4

read Malachi 3:10-12
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by dorox(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2016
Salvation is free for everyone, but you must pay your tithe inorder to get it. grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by martineverest(m): 9:14am On Aug 05, 2016
shawty0:

ur ignorance is beyond my expectation......malachi is what pastors use in deceiving their members...the book of deuteronomy,leviticus and numbers actually tells us what tithing is meant for.jesus rebuked tithing in acts and hebrews teachings on tithing is most revealing.....they will only use malachi that only highlited tithing,while other aforementioned old testament books tell us what to do with tithes and who should receive the tithe

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 05, 2016
shawty0:

Aint Malachi OT?

Jesus did pay the temple tax (Matthew 17:24-27), but we do not read of Him paying His tithe.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 05, 2016
martineverest:
y do pastors lay more emphasies on payment of tithes and offerings??i'm yet to see a verse in the holy book,where jesus asked his ppl to pay tithe.

The way redeem demand for money nowadays is becoming apalling.....they werent like dis b4
i concur,i also address a similar issue on here
https://www.nairaland.com/3264998/open-letter-pastor-adeboye
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by fpeter(f): 10:05am On Aug 05, 2016
martineverest:

can you back up the emboldened with facts?
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by God2man(m): 10:16am On Aug 05, 2016
So many fabricated lies on this topic.

Pay your tithe and you will be rewarded. Prosperity, promotion, protection, power, healing, favour, help from both expected and unexpected people.

Stop paying your tithe, what do you gain?
Disaster, tragedy, calamity, accident, untimely death .

Choose.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Kenog4real(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2016
juntod:
So which God is blessing the rich pagans, atheists, buddists, muslims, seiks, and other religious organizations that do not preach tithing?

Guy na, don't tell me u dnt knw Muslims and every other religions and pay tithe bt with a name different from tithe. The herbalists will tell one to bring different tins including clothes, ram etc just for ones problems be solved,...... Hw many likes do I gt for this?
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 05, 2016
sekundosekundo:

My dear you don't know Better than I do. There's different btw tithe and arms giving. Those on salary in the church who pays them and from where. How do you expand the church and gospel. Any pastor called by God will survive with or without your tithe. As a christian Pls pay your tithe in your church and your Tax to the government.
No you are getting it all wrong, in western world, you pay tithe government gives you back your tithe through tax returns and churches are audited.How do pastors survive there, yea church board of trustees estimate their yearly salary (According to average cost of living)and let them have that. What do you guys do in Nigeria ? Hand them blank checks. In western world most of them will be in jail together with their cohorts.

If Nigeria must be sanitized all pastors must be arrested and sorted out, in western world the work of a church is charity, the rich freely give and the church distributes to the poor. In Nigeria the rich steal and give the church, the pastor enriches him self the poor continue to suffer with the hope of miracle on the way.

In a world of today, only industrious countries will prosper, Nigerians waiting for miracle will only make the $ =1000. Stop drinking pastor's cool aid and get to we are the most backward of all continent . It looks like you have a good job, that your ten percent every month can put a widow's son through school or even help her start a business. That's what churches do , charity.

Who gave the pastor the authority to be the one distributing the money and how to distribute it? He said he is called, how do we know ." Do not touch the annointed man of God " I never punched him. But then how does he know we are not all annointed through Christ Jesus . Abeg get out of your hypnosis and face the real world .

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 05, 2016
Kenog4real:

Guy na, don't tell me u dnt knw Muslims and every other religions and pay tithe bt with a name different from tithe. The herbalists will tell one to bring different tins including clothes, ram etc just for ones problems be solved,...... Hw many likes do I gt for this?
They paid tithe to Levites for atonement of sins and connection with God and for all kinds of reason since anyone can not just approach God , but today we don't need to pay that price ,as Christians as Christ have died so that everyone can reach God directly through him, without paying a dime as he has paid the ultimate sacrifice on the cross .
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 05, 2016
cynthia123:
i realize that more than 60 percent of Christains are not faithful when it comes to tithing...
[size=18pt]

but there are other commandments in the Bible that 99.9% of the Christian populace fails to obey....
one of which involving "Loving your neighbors as you love yourself" if we keep to this commandment, trust me Africa won't be regarded
as a third world country...

Modern men of God only emphasize on that commandment of paying "Tithes and Offerings".. as if it was the only thing God said we should do!

[/size]
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by d4gmail: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2016
LOL. I agree with you. But some Western churches do the same. Reminds me of Fela Anikulapo "Pastors house, na him dey fine pass"

blueseacats:
No you are getting it all wrong, in western world, you pay tithe government gives you back your tithe through tax returns and churches are audited.How do pastors survive there, yea church board of trustees estimate their yearly salary (According to average cost of living)and let them have that. What do you guys do in Nigeria ? Hand them blank checks. In western world most of them will be in jail together with their cohorts.

If Nigeria must be sanitized all pastors must be arrested and sorted out, in western world the work of a church is charity, the rich freely give and the church distributes to the poor. In Nigeria the rich steal and give the church, the pastor enriches him self the poor continue to suffer with the hope of miracle on the way.

In a world of today, only industrious countries will prosper, Nigerians waiting for miracle will only make the $ =1000. Stop drinking pastor's cool aid and get to we are the most backward of all continent . It looks like you have a good job, that your ten percent every month can put a widow's son through school or even help her start a business. That's what churches do , charity.

Who gave the pastor the authority to be the one distributing the money and how to distribute it? He said he is called, how do we know ." Do not touch the annointed man of God " I never punched him. But then how does he know we are not all annointed through Christ Jesus . Abeg get out of your hypnosis and face the real world .
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by donbabajeff(m): 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
The badder the economy,the higher the demand of tithe.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by psp2pc(m): 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
martineverest:

the thing de baffle me sef..
most of the time I go to camp for any program, most of pastor adeboye's teaching centers on giving and giving and more giving..
wasn't like this before.. I am beginning to have doubt. tongue
martineverest:

most of the time I go to camp for any program, most of pastor adeboye's teaching centers on giving and giving and more giving..
wasn't like this before.. I am beginning to have doubt.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by martineverest(m): 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
psp2pc:

wasn't like this before.. I am beginning to have doubt. tongue

wasn't like this before.. I am beginning to have doubt.
same with shiloh

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Segdamz(m): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
martineverest:

open ur Bible to the book of Malachi 3: 8-9... There u'l find where it is written that Christians sud pay their tithes n offerings.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by tomquest: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
classical15:

Read your Bible well enough, tithe isn't compulsory. its an old testament concept. If it was that important, Jesus would have emphasize it.

To Nigerian (and indeed black) Christians, the instructions of their "Daddy G.O" are considered more important than Jesus'... The book of Mathew speaks about end time false prophets but no Christian believes it could be his own pastor. That's because churches operate like cults, every member must be loyal to the death. It's a mass movement to Hell Fire. Only a microscopic few would smell Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by psp2pc(m): 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Segdamz:

open ur Bible to the book of Malachi 3: 8-9... There u'l find where it is written that Christians sud pay their tithes n offerings.
martineverest: said JESUS didn't lay emphasis on the payment... malachi was written before the birth of Jesus...
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
d4gmail:
LOL. I agree with you. But some Western churches do the same. Reminds me of Fela Anikulapo "Pastors house, na him dey fine pass"

Abi o, my brother let's think outside the box for once, in western nations rogue pastors live their flanbouyant life style on the back of free givers who give them outside the official church financial system. Because they have strong middle class. In Nigeria pastors outrightly live large on tithes, wrong.

No wonder, we can arguably say we pay more tithe than any other country in the world, yet we are ranked among the most corrupt and also among the poorest, how does that translate to blessings?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
Segdamz:

Offerings is for God , Jesus said " I have paid the ultimate offering " just follow him straight to god that's why he died after Old Testament. Stop following GO. He just might not smell heaven.

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by jozz(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
neocortex:
Pastorpreneurs and god of men are smart, instead of him saying "don't owe or rob Adeboye", he framed it as "don't owe or rob god" when does the god start eating Naira and dollars ?
wetin u want make him talk b4.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by martineverest(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
psp2pc:

martineverest: said JESUS didn't lay emphasis on the payment... malachi was written before the birth of Jesus...
was there christianity in old testament?it seems u dont know the meaning of old testament and the new one.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by martineverest(m): 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Segdamz:

christians? Christianity never existed in old testament....levites and jews were meant to pay tithes
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by psp2pc(m): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
martineverest:
was there christianity in old testament?it seems u dont know the meaning of old testament and the new one.

people like Segdamz don't know the difference in doctrine,culture, religion and Christianity.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Olulinks(m): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
cynthia123:
i realize that more than 60 percent of Christains are not faithful when it comes to tithing...

You meant to say more than 80%
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by jozz(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
badboy92:

[size=18pt]

[b]
[i]
[right]

but there are other commandments in the Bible that 99.9% of the Christian populace fails to obey....
one of which involving "Loving your neighbors as you love yourself" if we keep to this commandment, trust me Africa won't be regarded
as a third world country...

Modern men of God only emphasize on that commandment of paying "Tithes and Offerings".. as if it was the only thing God said we should do!

Thumbs up to you. Best comment of the thread.Giving apart from the fact that it is not compulsory, must stem from a good heart b4 it can be accepted by God.You cannot be living in sin and bring tithe or whatever to God. Matt 5:23,24 says that if one is about to bring a gift to God but remembers he has an issue with his brother, he has to leave the gift and sort out the issue first.

Of course my pastor knows if he preaches this, ajo no go complete. So they conveniently develop amnesia of Bible verses like this. The most saddening aspect is that his followers rather than reasoning on this issues will cry : u are criticising the man of God. Too bad

[/b]
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Oyindaberry(f): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2016
martineverest:

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by martineverest(m): 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=Oyindaberry post=48214601][/quote]my dear,et us not go too far.....book of malachi gave a brief explanation of tithing.if u want a comprehensive view on tithing,read the books of leviticus,number and deuteronomy.they all explained the use of tithings extensively.there,u will know that tithing isnt meant for churches.

That said,jesus rebuked tithings in new testerment by saying its part of mosaic law( jew+sh law).......the book of hebrew revealed the abolishment of tithings,explicitly..........those that practice tithing are mixing judaism with christianity.......jesus christ only preached 'church tax' without fixing percentage....thats y most european churches doesnt colllect tithe
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by martineverest(m): 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
ollah1:

Aint Malachi OT?

Jesus did pay the temple tax (Matthew 17:24-27), but we do not read of Him paying His tithe.
well said...thats y most european churches dont collet tithe but church tax.example: austrian churches only collect church tax (2percent)from their members who earn 8OO euros and above monthly.those that earn below that amount are exempted.

Churches that pratice tithings are praticising judeo-christianity,not the pure christianity jesus preached about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I Met Whitney Houston, Gaddafi In Hell & They Gave Me Messages' - Linda Kumba / Synagogue: Disciples Seize Assets, Put T.B Joshua’s Private Jet Up For Sale / Eunice Olawale’s Murder: Imam Who Ordered Youths To Chase Woman Away Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.