Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG (68043 Views)

FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? / Prayer Points For RCCG 2017 40-day Fast / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by achorladey: 4:16am On Aug 05, 2016
It is easy for Christians to swiftly go back to the Old testament or Hebrew scriptures when it comes to tithes but other necessary Bible knowledge they stick with the Greek scriptures or the new testament. Ac 18:3and because he had the same trade, he stayed at their home and worked with them, for they were tentmakers by trade. 1Th 2:9Surely you remember, brothers, our labor and toil. We were working night and day, so that we would not put an expensive burden on any one of you, when we preached the good news of God to you. Those were the words of the Apostles.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 05, 2016
greatmen:
Can we stop this, Nigerian youths are loosing focus stop insulting the Man of God it's the sacrifices of Men like this that why the worst evil hasn't happened to Nigeria yet, All out WAR, even for nairaland encouraging this its dangerous moderators your treading on glass cry
pls speak for yourself many including I don't agree with you. You see what they make you think? So your sacrifice or prayers is invalid to God? I wonder what they teach in churches these days.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by benji93: 4:25am On Aug 05, 2016
Seyi signs in curious........... normally i don't comment on stuffs like this, but what is the direct relationship between speaking in tongues and winning souls for christ?, where do we put paul's assertion that: it is more fruitful to edify men in the language they best understand. Thts if there was no distortion done to what he actually said................Seyi signs out expectant
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by October1960: 4:26am On Aug 05, 2016
Giving money to a church or any religion is like throwing money away to thieves and scammers .

Better to give friends and family that are worthy.

To each his own.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by onagoodday: 4:57am On Aug 05, 2016
macphilip:
I have been to many Churches in Nigeria, but there is only 1 Church where
they would never preach about Tithe or forceful giving.
The Pastor and members are prosperious.
Church is somewhere around Oregun, Ikeja
I know that church, the household of God, perfect church for God's people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 05, 2016
davoremix:

Gosh you are dull.

Gosh he is smart and the dull person here is YOU
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Lionofdjungle: 5:44am On Aug 05, 2016
Is it someone who is owned 6months salary that will remember tithe?
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by lastmessenger: 5:44am On Aug 05, 2016
esmarcq:
read Malachi 3 :8-11
I know about that scripture already and am sure that law does not apply to me.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 05, 2016
As par tithe, let everyone stay on their lane. Those who pay shouldn't condemn those who don't, and vice versa.

For the records, I don't tithe. I don't believe in it. I give to the needy whenever the occasion demands and I have some cash to dispense with.

As a nation we have more pressing issues that need our urgent attention, NOT religious talks.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by classical15(m): 5:55am On Aug 05, 2016
cynthia123:
i realize that more than 60 percent of Christains are not faithful when it comes to tithing...
Read your Bible well enough, tithe isn't compulsory. its an old testament concept. If it was that important, Jesus would have emphasize it.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 05, 2016
lastmessenger:
I know about that scripture already and am sure that law does not apply to me.

Because you're under the law any more.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by ofuje94: 5:57am On Aug 05, 2016
In the book of MALACHI, HE siad that he is JEHOVAH, HE never change and we the sons of JACOB have not yet come to the FINISH. He said RETURN to ME and I will RETURN to YOU... You have to ask how are we soppose to return to GOD? In our TITHES and contribution.The word of GOD furtrher said in the book of MALACHI 3:10 that bring the entire tithe that is all the tenth parts into the storehouse so that there may be food in the house,... HE also said that we should test HIM out in this regard to see if HE will not open to you the floodgates of heaven and pour out to you blessings until there is not lacking....HE will rebuke the devouring one for you so it will not ruin the fruits of your land nor the vine of your field be fruitless,... GOD BLESS YOU ALL[s][/s][color=#990000][/color]

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Esperooke(m): 6:11am On Aug 05, 2016
Stelvin101:

Na me this tithe ish tire pass. The most annoying part is that some churches will attribute ur success to themselves that if not for them you won't be successful so you must pay ur tithe in their church whether u like go another church. I mean WTF! They take this tithe stuff so serious like it's mandatory whether u get or not

People could be funny most times. It's very common nowadays in Christiandom, things like 'I got that job because I pay my tithe'', pure assumption. What I know is, in the beatitude of Christ in Mat. 5,...blessed are the givers for they shall receive, there the principles are land down.. Giving should be Most importantly to the needy. Paul the Apostle spelt it out, that 'let everybody give according to his ability but not grudgingly'.
I wonder how the tithe issue now re emerged to most prominence in the neo Christianity. May God guide and help us. o
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by OgaInnocent(m): 6:12am On Aug 05, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
Will make sure I deliver it directly to him grin.....funny u
Thanks. Pls treat with utmost urgency

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by miketayo(m): 6:14am On Aug 05, 2016
project4OO:
Tithes and Offerings, like seeds, are in tandem with the Law of "Give and Receive".

It is one principle of nature that is unexplainable by any known Law of Science.

When you give, you will ALWAYS receive.

Point to d passage where Jesus says we must pay tithe.. God is no police man and doesn't want your money, pastors should stop putting fears on their members forcing them to pay tithe it's wrong. Tithes should be paid voluntary, in fact u r better of giving ur money to d poor or orphanage than ur rich pastors.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by OgaInnocent(m): 6:18am On Aug 05, 2016
SmartMugu:

Chop knuckle, correct person. The brainwashing is already getting too clear that even the blind can see it.
Thanks
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by justmenoni: 6:36am On Aug 05, 2016
But how does daddy go expects tithes to be paid by those workers who are been owed couple of months salaries or pensioners with outstanding payment?
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Romzy26: 7:01am On Aug 05, 2016
religion tho, smh

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Frenchkisss(m): 7:06am On Aug 05, 2016
Peacetemi:
Church business is the best
Low cost of production
High demand
Large revenue
Zero tax
Believe it or not, church business is the best

This is a statement of FACT.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by jaz(m): 7:17am On Aug 05, 2016
Tithes ko donations ni.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by bejeria101(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2016
Alezy:
rate this brain pls
.% hehehe
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Tkayhandsome(m): 7:20am On Aug 05, 2016
Tell that to your family if you have one. As for me and my house, we will pay our tithe.
tomquest:

Your father paid and so you must pay; have you taken your time to read the scriptures to find out if it's scriptural to pay money (coded as tithes) to a church?

The bible emphasizes on giving but THERE's NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE WHERE MONEY WAS ASSOCIATED WITH TITHES.

If you have no brain to obey Pastor rather than Jesus, it's your own cup of tea.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by ikorodureporta: 7:23am On Aug 05, 2016
So u guys dnt believe in praying on non-living things? Th4, all those anointing oil prayers are mere Scam. I know u do that every month...

Talking about speaking in tongues- i listen to this man & hardly hear him speak in tongues. The only time i heard him doing this was last year durin a program about holy spirit & speaking in tongues....where he started doin skiboboro.... like that musician. It was really funny to me because all thru the week, he neva did tht till tht day. I dnt know y pple like bein wht they ain't...
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by holybabayo(m): 7:34am On Aug 05, 2016
Keneking:
One of his own is involved in government. Times have changed indeed, Pst Adeboye should be praying for change in Nigeria, because obviously, his people has not delivered great governance.

GEJ - was better
Pst Osinbajo - worse

Both got his blessings and anointing.... He should seek the face of God at this time otherwise other denomination would nominate candidates for the future government.

I recommend he prays steadfastly.
I recommend he seeks God's divine favour
I recommend he put the masses first in his intercession.

Wetin u dey talk sef. Is Osibanjo your president? You should have compared him to Atiku or Sambo.

I recommend that you study earnestly
I recommend that you have your facts well
I recommend that you study data analysis.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by lastmessenger: 7:39am On Aug 05, 2016
dearpreye:

Because you're under the law any more.
because I am not under the law and there are no levites anywhere in today's Nigeria.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 05, 2016
lastmessenger:
because I am not under the law and there are no levites anywhere in today's Nigeria.

Of course the levites went with the law.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by sanyajava: 7:50am On Aug 05, 2016
Excuse me here dont this pastors read the bible? becouse in the book of hebrews 7:1-19 Tighing is not required of christains. Tithe was under mosaic law. a tenth of the produce of the land and a tenth of the increase of the herds and flocks were given to levites yearly to support them. The levites inturn gave a tenth of this tenth to the Aaronic priesthood to support them. In the book of Mat 10:7-14 free contributions was encourage. paul said : 1cor 9:13,14. This practices were in he past for those under the law. christains are not under the law and pastor should stop subjecting people to the old mosaic laws. why dont they take lamb to alter for sacrfice or perform sacrificces as of old but rather they only pick tihte. abeg free me oh. Giving willing is encurage and not of compulsion.

haaaa abeg oh pastors. they even give card in redeem to record tihtes payers else they wont recongnise you

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Tobyjosh123(m): 7:53am On Aug 05, 2016
God bless you sir
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Calm500: 7:54am On Aug 05, 2016
Fabulocity:
Chaaaai!
I say it again
Religion is a curse
May God open their eyes
not been religious is more curse man...open ur own eyes
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by Calm500: 7:56am On Aug 05, 2016
Giving is a need to recieve frm God...dis ar mysteries wise people understand. ..
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by sekundosekundo: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2016
blueseacats:
He only commended those who paid tithe to the Levites, not nigerian pastors. You are wasting your money, if you don't follow Jesus you will still be bounced at the gate of heaven.

In Mathew 19:21, Jesus said give it to the poor, and follow me, he did not say bring it to me for am the man of God .

My dear you don't know Better than I do. There's different btw tithe and arms giving. Those on salary in the church who pays them and from where. How do you expand the church and gospel. Any pastor called by God will survive with or without your tithe. As a christian Pls pay your tithe in your church and your Tax to the government.
Re: Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG by sekundosekundo: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2016
auxinatez:

Then why don't we just lay more emphasis on the things HE (Christ) clearly stated like Matthew 25:40-45 other than if HE said pay tithe or don't pay

It's like you don't know the different btw tithe and alms giving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I Met Whitney Houston, Gaddafi In Hell & They Gave Me Messages' - Linda Kumba / Synagogue: Disciples Seize Assets, Put T.B Joshua’s Private Jet Up For Sale / Eunice Olawale’s Murder: Imam Who Ordered Youths To Chase Woman Away Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.