Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? (6927 Views)

Joshua Iginla Visits Manger Where Jesus Was Wrapped & Kept After Delivery (Photo / Joshua Iginla Baptises His Mother At River Jordan Where Jesus Was Baptised(p / Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
MrPresident1:

Sex is marriage, a wedding does not become a marriage until the consummation, so if the wedding is not consummated is it valid? As long as there is no consummation of marital vows marriage is not yet valid. In your own words, Sex consummates Marriage.

I am telling you again, Sweery, that there is no such thing as premarital sex, it is an invalid oxymoron. Sex is marriage, the secret act of sex is the marriage before God, that is the union of the souls, if the souls are not united, they can never be one. So they whole world may witness a wedding made in heaven, but if there is no sex between the man and the woman to consummate and seal the union, they are only just housemates. So even if families agree, but there is no sex, no deal.

Sex is marriage, once there is sex between a man and a woman, an exchange of souls, they are married, no need for ceremony, ceremony is secondary, God sees and recognizes both of them as man and wife. The time of ignorance has passed grin

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Ps: There is also no such thing extramarital sex, the last person to enter the place is the owner of the place, a lot of people are not living with their spouses in the eyes of God cheesy wink
OK, good
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
analice107:

OK, good

OK? good?

You accept?

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by analice107: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
MrPresident1:

OK? good?

You accept?

Mr President. Your talk too dey go left left. I no get strength.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 11:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
analice107:

Mr President. Your talk too dey go left left. I no get strength.

Fare thee well. This is my thread.

Matthew 19:11
11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 12:11am On Aug 10, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

No, I don't. It has nothing to do with the premise of your argument which states (paraphrasing), "Carpentry was used to signify Jesus' nobility"

When Jesus is called a carpenter or the son of a carpenter, it signifies that he is of a noble lineage, of nobility. David is nobility, Jesus is nobility, let it sink grin

AnalyticEngine:
The premises are predicated upon the assumption that carpenters figuratively refers to nobility. Your evidence is that the bible used carpenters and smiths in conjunction with learned men according to Jeremiah 24. In my opinion, this is spurious and ridiculous of you or who ever the source of your write up is. By your logic, if any profession is juxtaposed with any social class in a sentence to illustrate an event, then it automatically means that profession is attached to that social class. Fantastic.

This is not about your opinion, your opinion does not count. This is the Bible and precepts must follow precepts. Prove your dissent with verses from the Bible, not by blowing hot air. In the Bible, the carpenters and the smiths are the nobility grin

AnalyticEngine:
Beautiful
grin
AnalyticEngine:

@bolded, I want to be intelligent like you when I grow up.
Again, you claim that Jesus was rich and from a noble home, beautiful. For the sake of the point I want to make, let me assume it is true. So now, does it automatically imply that carpentry was used to ascribe nobility to Jesus? Your response is 'yes' and you quoted Jer 24. This is exactly the most ridiculous of your premises.

Was Jesus not rich? Could he not call on all the riches of the world to his side? Jesus the carpenter means Jesus the son of a noble, Jesus the son of David king of Israel. Prove your points with Scriptures and stop blowing heat. cheesy

nobility
nə(ʊ)ˈbɪlɪti/
noun
noun: nobility; plural noun: nobilities

the quality of being noble in character. Jesus was not noble in character shocked grin, he did not have all the qualities below?
"a man of nobility and learning"
synonyms: virtue, goodness, honour, honesty, decency, integrity, magnanimity, generosity, selflessness, bravery
"the nobility of his deed"
the quality of belonging to the aristocracy.
"after 1722 nobility was only acquired by service in the army or bureaucracy"
the group of people belonging to the highest social class in a country; the aristocracy. Jesus, son of David, King of Israel by the perpetual and eternal decree of THE MOST HIGH is not of nobility?
noun: the nobility
"a member of the English nobility"
synonyms: aristocracy, aristocrats, lords, ladies, peerage, peers, peers of the realm, peeresses, nobles, noblemen, noblewomen, titled men/women/people, members of the aristocracy/nobility/peerage, patricians; More
informalaristos;
informalnobs
"many of the nobility owned property in the area"

You still insist Jesus is not a noble? grin

AnalyticEngine:

Seriously, did all you wrote really make sense to you?

Matthew 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

grin

AnalyticEngine:

Feel free to hurl all the torrents you want. Neither am I arguing with you. Just performing my civic responsibility by pointing out errors that are in the guise of truth for the sake of posterity. It won't change a thing. All I am saying is when ever you present an argument, back them up with discrete and valid premises. Not like the ones you've got up there. They are very silly and they tend to portray you as a matured idiot.

Civic responsibility cheesy. This thread will remain for the sake of posterity, when the time comes you will realise just know deeply nauseatingly ignorant your arguments have been grin.

The bolded is gutter language angry, be guided.

AnalyticEngine:
For example, when the bible says "though shall not steal" according to your logic, it shouldn't be understood literally. Therefore, what could be the actual meaning since it is figurative?

Precept upon precept to give the best perspective. All Scriptures must add up to a whole, it is not my logic, it is not by being a 'scholar', it is the Holy Spirit who finds worthy grin

AnalyticEngine:

I would have asked you to explain the relationship between your concluding remarks and your opening propositions but I am tired of reading poo.

Dem force you? If you had asked I probably would have obliged you seeing that my primary purpose on Nairaland is to excise as many people as possible from the clutches of ignorance grin.

Seun should please give us a sigh emoticon wink

Sighs

grin
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
MrPresident1:

When Jesus is called a carpenter or the son of a carpenter, it signifies that he is of a noble lineage, of nobility. David is nobility, Jesus is nobility, let it sink grin

This is not about your opinion, your opinion does not count. This is the Bible and precepts must follow precepts. Prove your dissent with verses from the Bible, not by blowing hot air. In the Bible, the carpenters and the smiths are the nobility grin

grin

Was Jesus not rich? Could he not call on all the riches of the world to his side? Jesus the carpenter means Jesus the son of a noble, Jesus the son of David king of Israel. Prove your points with Scriptures and stop blowing heat. cheesy

nobility
nə(ʊ)ˈbɪlɪti/
noun
noun: nobility; plural noun: nobilities

the quality of being noble in character. Jesus was not noble in character shocked grin, he did not have all the qualities below?
"a man of nobility and learning"
synonyms: virtue, goodness, honour, honesty, decency, integrity, magnanimity, generosity, selflessness, bravery
"the nobility of his deed"
the quality of belonging to the aristocracy.
"after 1722 nobility was only acquired by service in the army or bureaucracy"
the group of people belonging to the highest social class in a country; the aristocracy. Jesus, son of David, King of Israel by the perpetual and eternal decree of THE MOST HIGH is not of nobility?
noun: the nobility
"a member of the English nobility"
synonyms: aristocracy, aristocrats, lords, ladies, peerage, peers, peers of the realm, peeresses, nobles, noblemen, noblewomen, titled men/women/people, members of the aristocracy/nobility/peerage, patricians; More
informalaristos;
informalnobs
"many of the nobility owned property in the area"

You still insist Jesus is not a noble? grin

Matthew 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

grin

Civic responsibility cheesy. This thread will remain for the sake of posterity, when the time comes you will realise just know deeply nauseatingly ignorant your arguments have been grin.

The bolded is gutter language angry, be guided.

Precept upon precept to give the best perspective. All Scriptures must add up to a whole, it is not my logic, it is not by being a 'scholar', it is the Holy Spirit who finds worthy grin

Dem force you? If you had asked I probably would have obliged you seeing that my primary purpose on Nairaland is to excise as many people as possible from the clutches of ignorance grin.

Seun should please give us a sigh emoticon wink

Sighs

grin

Excellently written. Here are some quantum of truth:

1. You are definitely knowledgeable in the bible and the fundamental tenets of christianity.
2. You definitely lack wisdom and common sense.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 11:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

Excellently written. Here are some quantum of truth:

1. You are definitely knowledgeable in the bible and the fundamental tenets of christianity.

Tenets of Christianity , see my religion below: grin
James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

AnalyticEngine:

2. You definitely lack wisdom and common sense.

Opinions are like buttholes grin, everyone has one grin.

Psalm 25:14
The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

He has shown me His covenant, He is happy with me, He has given me great wisdom. grin wink
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 11, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
ROTBL welcome to MrPresident1's world of eisegesis

Just a throw him a rope, trust he'll either use it as a life line to get out of the hole he's digging himself in or use it to tangle himself up more with it.

The guy is something else, his style of reasoning is unprecedented. Worst of it is that he is convinced beyond doubts that he is making intelligent arguments. grin
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

The guy is something else, his style of reasoning is unprecedented. Worst of it is that he is convinced beyond doubts that he is making intelligent arguments. grin

I can help you, but you will need to humble yourself. It is not by gragra grin
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by oaroloye(m): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2016
SHALOM!

The Oyinbos are trying to get rid of Christianity at this this time, because they are almost ready to implement their NEW WORLD ORDER One World Government Plan, and they cannot do that while too many people hold to Christian Moral Values.

This load of bovine excrement deluxe comes from the damaged brain of a lady called D.M. MURDOCH, who uses the pseudonym "ARCHYRA S." in order to sound like some sort of exotic mystical authority.

She was catapulted to World Fame with that her wad of expensive toilet paper, that many mistake for a book: THE CHRIST CONSPIRACY: THE GREATEST STORY EVER SOLD.

The documentary movie ZEITGEIST saves is the trouble of having to buy and read it.

In the book she says that the legend of Jesus was plagiarized from the Egyptian Myth of the God HORUS.

She said that as JESUS was born of a Virgin, so was HORUS, the Hawk god, born of a Virgin.

As JESUS was visited at his birth by THREE KINGS, so HORUS was visited at his birth by THREE KINGS.

As JESUS had TWELVE DISCIPLES, so HORUS had TWELVE DISCIPLES.

As JESUS performed MIRACLES OF HEALING, so HORUS performed MIRACLES OF HEALING.

As JESUS was CRUCIFIED, and RESURRECTED THE THIRD DAY, so also HORUS was CRUCIFIED, and RESURRECTED THE THIRD DAY.

Since HORUS did all these things before JESUS, Jesus could never have done them in his own time. THEREFORE JESUS NEVER EXISTED: QED!

I was flabberwhelmed and overghasted by what this movie was feeding me! I had never heard anything like this my whole life!

My knowledge of Egyptian Mythology was rudimentary, but even I knew that HORUS was never alleged to have been BORN OF A VIRGIN: his mother, ISIS, was the wife of OSIRIS, who had sex with his wife, and she bore his son.

What was all this "VIRGIN MAMA" crap?

I investigated on the Internet and learned that not only was EVERYTHING that ARCHYRA S. said been a LIE, but some enterprising Christian had offered a prize of $100,000 to ANYONE who could prove that ANY of her claims were true!

There had been no takers.

Real Christianity cannot be held responsible for the LIES of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

A cheap and ignorant rhetorical device of Atheists is to attack ROMAN CATHOLIC LIES- then say that they have "DISPROVEN" CHRISTIANITY.

The FACEBOOK ATHEIST SHILLS claim that the ROMAN CATHOLIC MYTHS of SANTA CLAUS and THE EASTER BUNNY "prove" that JESUS CHRIST- who never taught any such abominations in his Ministry- NEVER EXISTED.

What you, the Nigerian Christian Reader have to understand is that all of these OYINBO LIARS are WORKING TOGETHER, and their STRATEGY is to CONTROL OUR FUTURE by CHANGING OUR HISTORY.

CHRISTIAN CLERGYMEN cooperate in this effort by CHANGING CHRISTIAN RELIGION into SECONDHAND, THIRDHAND, and FOURTHHAND KNOWLEDGE.

You can talk about GOD, JESUS CHRIST, and ANGELS all you want- but if you testify that YOU YOURSELF SAW ANY OF THEM, they WILL discredit you, and expel you!

Those who have AUTHENTIC SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCES are MARGINALIZED and REVILED.

Organized Christians are ORDERED to NOT COMMUNICATE with them, BECAUSE THEY WOULD LOSE THEIR SALVATION.

Actually, if they came in contact with someone who had REAL KNOWLEDGE and TANGIBLE EXPERIENCE, their IMAGINARY Religion would EVAPORATE.

The Undercover Illuminati who lead False Christian Clergymen have to keep the Debate and Controversy at the level of WORDS, so that they can generate UNLIMITED WORDS out their BUTTS to DESTROY FAITH.

This JESUS WAS NOT A CARPENTER Bovine Number Two has hit the GOOGLE GROUPS as of several weeks ago, when I looked up ATHEISM VERSUS CHRISTIANITY Groups, after I was rewarded for totally defeating all the Atheist Arguments on FACEBOOK by being BANNED from FACEBOOK on FALSE CHARGES.

THE ONLY REAL ENGLISH BIBLE IS THE KING JAMES VERSION.

Yeah- it has about 50,000 errors in it: WHO CARES?

WHY IS IT THAT NO CHURCH INSISTS ON TEACHING ITS MEMBERS GREEK AND HEBREW LANGUAGES?

This is OYINBO STRATEGY, so they can tell us that BIBLE VERSES do not mean what our Bibles SAY they mean, so that we have to keep coming to THEM to know the REAL BIBLE.

The Roman Catholic Bible was always FAKE.

By the time they realized that, IT WAS TOO LATE TO CHANGE- so that were STUCK with a Bible created by JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES- ORIGEN and EUSEBIUS- whom most Christians here have never heard of.

Only the REAL CHRISTIANS, taught by the ANTIOCH Disciples had the REAL NEW TESTAMENT- translated into the ULTRA-PRECISE GREEK LANGUAGE.

Greek words have a very exact meaning, and someone who REALLY KNOWS Greek language CANNOT be mistaken as to what a writer is trying to say.

GREEK WAS VERY WELL-KNOWN FOR CENTURIES, SINCE THE KING JAMES VERSION WAS PUBLISHED.

If YAHSHUA AND JOSEPH were NOT CARPENTERS, we would have HEARD about it, since a LONG time ago.

Perhaps they are counting on the ignorance of the Modern Christian of Greek language, to not realize that THE BIBLE was NOT the only place where Ancient Greek was spoken and used.

That there are MANY BOOKS AND DOCUMENTS from THAT, PREVIOUS, and SUBSEQUENT TIME PERIODS, that were used to COMPARE the USE OF GREEK LANGUAGE- so that they were not just GUESSING, nor MAKING THINGS UP- like THESE BOZOS DO!

YAHSHUA and JOSEPH'S BEING CARPENTERS was brought up as a NEGATIVE.

. MATTHEW 13:54-58.

54. And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said,
"Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these Mighty Works?
55. "Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
56. "And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?"
57. And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, "A Prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house."
58. And he did not many Mighty Works there because of their unbelief.

People said that YAHSHUA COULD NOT KNOW what he claimed to know, and COULD NOT be DOING what he was doing, because HE WAS "MERELY" A CARPENTER.

They believed that he HAD NO RIGHT to know or do what he knew and did BECAUSE HE WAS NOT QUALIFIED TO KNOW THOSE THINGS.

They fell into this BLASPHEMOUS ERROR because THEY DID NOT DO WHAT GOD COMMANDED MOSES AND JOSHUA, which DAVID demonstrated would make a worshipper of God KNOW MORE THAN HIS TEACHERS, AND RECEIVE WISDOM DIRECTLY FROM GOD.

. JOSHUA 1:8.

8. "This Book of The Law
shall not depart out of thy mouth
but thou shalt meditate therein day and night,
that thou mayest do
according to all that is written therein:
for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous,
and then thou shalt have Good success."

. PSALM 1:1-6.

BLESSED is the man
that walketh not in The Counsel of the Ungodly,
nor standeth in The Way of Sinners,
nor sitteth in The Seat of the Scornful.
2. But his delight is in The Law of The LORD;
and in His Law doth he meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree
planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The Ungodly are not so:
but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5. Therefore the Ungodly shall not stand in the Judgment,
nor Sinners in the Congregation of the Righteous.
6. For The LORD knoweth The Way of the Righteous:
but the Way of the Ungodly shall perish.

. PSALM 119:97-105.

97. O how I love Thy Law!
It is my meditation all the day.
98. Thou through Thy Commandments
hast made me Wiser than mine enemies:
for They are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers:
for Thy Testimonies are my meditation.
100. I understand more than the Ancients,
because I keep Thy Precepts.
101. I have refrained my feet
from every Evil Way,
that I might keep Thy Word.
102. I have not departed from Thy Judgments:
for Thou hast taught me.
103. How sweet are Thy Words unto my taste!
yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104. Through Thy Precepts I get Understanding:
therefore I hate every False Way.
105. Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet,
and a Light unto my path.

Wicked people like D.M. MURDOCH and those behind her, do not want you to know what that method of SELF-INSTRUCTION was.

So-called Christians here will be looking on like IDIOTS- NOT ONE IN ONE THOUSAND able to tell us how a CHILD could have GREATER WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING than the DEGREE-HOLDERS of THAT time, and THIS time.

Having read this, I do not expect that even ONE-IN-TEN will RESPOND and ASK to know what this method was.

YAHSHUA WAS NEVER A FREEMASON, NOR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

If he were, he would have had the support of the Freemasons. (You idiot.)

He could not have been expelled from every Synagogue, if he had been a member of their Secret Societies.

If he had had Spiritual Learning from Egypt, or India, as many people swallowed, not only would people have known that, they would also have had similar, even superior Results in those countries, being Jesus' TEACHERS.

OYINBO OCCULTISTS WANT US TO BELIEVE THAT THE POWER OF YAHSHUA COMES FROM SOME SECRET TEACHING ONLY THEY CAN SUPPLY.

They do not want you to know that everything comes from THE KOSHER/TREIF LAW of LEVITICUS 11.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

My offer still stands, I have been waiting for you reply. I can help you, but you only need to humble yourself.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 8:43am On Oct 23, 2016
Scholar8200 did you read this thread? grin
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
So you thought that Jesus was a carpenter? He was not a carpenter in the literal sense of the world.

He was the son of nobles, and the vocation of carpentry was the the denotation for the highest levels of nobility and blue blood grin

He is the son and heir of David, king of Israel.

He was not a literal carpenter, lol wink
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by orunto27: 11:48pm On Jul 01, 2017
"Emanu nfagi" meaning Emmanuel is haustling too. Jesus, Emmanuel fends for Food too. So it is good for our 36 States to be fully autonomous so they can fend for their resourses and develop on their own. The Essense is Work and Pray.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
All ye faithful ones, hold on to the promise of God, the Faithful and Infallible God. Do not be discouraged, and never be wearied by the antics of satan and his minions. satan is finished!

Hold on to God, your faithfulness is about to be rewarded.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
The Son of the Carpenter is now with us.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by orunto27: 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
No. The Bible doesn't say so. But He knows and understands every aspect of Good and Life.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by Ken4Christ: 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
MrPresident1:
So you think Jesus was a 'Furniture' abi? cheesy

Jeremiah 24:1
The LORD shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the LORD, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.

The Bible did not mean that Joseph was a carpenter in the sense of today’s meaning of the word. In ancient times, the word ‘carpenter’ was used to describe the elite, the learned and wise men, the kings and princes of ancient Israel, the highest levels of nobility. The word ‘Carpenter’ as used in the Bible in Greek means ‘Tekton’ and ‘Tekton’ means ‘Artisan’ or ‘Craftsman’, or ‘Mason’.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekt%C5%8Dn

I really don't know if MrPresident1 studied English in school. The very Scripture quotation he used to link the terms carpenter and Smith to nobility is totally incorrect.

The Scripture above just listed the categories of Jews carried away to Babylon. It says, in addition to the son of the King and the princes, the carpenters and the smiths were also carried away.

These craftsmen were the most valuable artisans of their days. So, they needed those that will be useful to them as slaves.

Jesus was a carpenter and he was also the son of a carpenter. If the use was figurative, the Bible will tell us.

I am sure you will soon come up to say Jesus was not born in a manger. You will look for ways to connect manger to nobility.

Jesus identified with our low estate we can identify with his glory.

He made himself of no reputation. He was never class conscious. He ate and drank with commoners. His disciples where uneducated.

So, please read your Bible well before you confuse weak souls.
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ken4Christ:

I really don't know if MrPresident1 studied English in school. The very Scripture quotation he used to link the terms carpenter and Smith to nobility is totally incorrect.

The Scripture above just listed the categories of Jews carried away to Babylon. It says, in addition to the son of the King and the princes, the carpenters and the smiths were also carried away.

These craftsmen were the most valuable artisans of their days. So, they needed those that will be useful to them as slaves.

Jesus was a carpenter and he was also the son of a carpenter. If the use was figurative, the Bible will tell us.

I am sure you will soon come up to say Jesus was not born in a manger. You will look for ways to connect manger to nobility.

Jesus identified with our low estate we can identify with his glory.

He made himself of no reputation. He was never class conscious. He ate and drank with commoners. His disciples where uneducated.

So, please read your Bible well before you confuse weak souls.

Everyman in his own order Christ the firstfruits, you all will understand by and by...sighs
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 9:15am On Aug 13, 2017
Carpenter means nobility.
Jesus son of Carpenter Joseph means Jesus who descended from nobility, the line of kings. Joseph was a son of David grin
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Joseph,, the father of Jesus is of the hoise of David. The house of David, by the eternal and perpetual covenant of God, is the ruler of Israel forever.

The house of David are the Carpenters, or Builders, or Master Masons of the house of Israel.

Solomon built the temple, remember?
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 9:51am On Aug 19, 2018
Sweet thread
Re: You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? by MrPresident1: 7:14am On Sep 16, 2018
Jesus was called the son of the carpenter to show the nobility of his birth, nothing to do with furniture making

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Should Christians/believers Defend Themselves From Attack And Violence? / Book Of Galatians (The "Righteous" Shall Live by Faith) / The Use Of Virtual Holy Scriptures - Good/bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.