Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death (8422 Views)

Poll: Do you think that an £108'000 fine, 1 year imprisonment and disqualification from practicing medicine for 3 years is a fair punishment for what the surgeon did?

YES: 46% (43 votes)
NO: 53% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Sad Day For Obasanjo - Bolanle Bolawole (Nigerian Tribune) / PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan / Jonathan, Kufuor Set For Obasanjo’s Reception. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Oluschenco(m): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2009
She is dead and no more, either we like it or not, she would be punished in heaven for trying to recreate herself.

The doctor should be set free, God showed His superiority by making her die in that manner.

Some people are hungry and someone is doing Tummy Bleep (Tuck)
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by chosen04(f): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2009
1) He was disqualified from practising medicine for three years,
2) Ordered to pay $176,000 (£108,000) in compensation to Mrs Obasanjo's son.
3) And 1 year prison sentence.

I strongly believe this justice is too harsh for that short women that is less than 4 measuring rulers.

Let the doctor appeal jare oooooooo
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Ben13: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2009
Poor spanish doctor
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
*hisssessssssssss*

What about the many lives Obasanjo has taken through his greed and corruption!!! bad roads, lack of security, death from generator related issues etc?
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by estagirl(f): 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2009
just a pity,its something that can happen to anyone nobody is above mistake.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by aieromon(m): 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2009
Stella died for the sins of OBJ.
The baboon did not even pursue the case and has forgotten his 1st lady.
In other words,he couldn't care less!!
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by kim15: 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2009
Can we see that? What about others pples killer with evidence in Nigeria, av they find Justice, Who kill Bola Ige? Have Bola Ige find Justice. It a pity because I don't think OBASANJO member & family deserve Justice. OBJ did not know the meaning of Justice so he didn't deserve it. BASTARD OBJ!!!
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by davemart: 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2009
It is not in my powers to evaluate the judgement. Obasanjo is a strong man and with all the wealth he amassed during his 8 years administration, no doubt he has the where withal to seek justice.
Do not forget the truth that what a man sow is what he will reap. I once heard a rumour that Baba even masterminded the death of Stella because she opposed his third term bid.
So why will i fight for the dead?
For me Stella is history.
Only her "legacy lives"
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by theviper1: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2009
maybe our stella get one small boy wey de brusham and she wan look sexy for the dude.very unwise idea going for a tummy tuck at her age. she will come back the nxt day and dismantle a bowl of amala. what was the need?
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by estagirl(f): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2009
just a pity,its something that can happen to anyone nobody is above mistake.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by maedan(f): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2009

The doctor was very foolish and deserves to lose his licence for life.
No matter what you think of your patient you should be professional at all times.
Even lawyers have to defend guilty criminals sometimes, that's the way it goes. Do your job.
His carelessness is unforgivable, whether she was a president's wife or the housemaid.
Out of respect for her family I wouldn't question why she wanted such a risky and painful procedure done.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by okeey(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2009
well,jailing the doctor does not bring back OBJ wife,dat has happen.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by rill: 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2009
i was shocked when i learnt she underwent a mere plastic surgery and died. the spanish doc really messed up. she should have gone to dr rey of dr 90210 for the treatment,but our God knows better.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by ADEOMOLE(m): 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2009
This isn't justice.

A life time ban
10 million Euros in compensation
from the Spanish Government for
giving a license to a careless and negligent doctor.
Closure of the clinic

Manslaughter?

Just turn around the circumstances.
A Nigerian doctor responsible for the death of an European First Lady?

This  negligent doctor suspended for 3 years is a slap on Nigeria.

Wait, in 3 months time , this guy will be released and asked to spend the rest of
his jail time at home.

After one year, he will appeal for his license and i bet he ll be back to work
after 18 months.

Come to the UK and see how doctors lose their licenses for life and
the same treatment applies in Europe.

Kai. what is £108k

If i were Obj, I ll appeal against the  judgement.

My people wake up.

By the way, why must we get the news first from the BBC?
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by bawomolo(m): 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2009
Oluschenco:

She is dead and no more, either we like it or not, she would be punished in heaven for trying to recreate herself.

The doctor should be set free, God showed His superiority by making her die in that manner.

Some people are hungry and someone is doing Tummy mess (Tuck)

religion has really brainwashed some of you nuts
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by 3kay945(m): 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2009
Her time was up and she feLL, ! the doc was just a victim of circumstances, at all
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by ADEOMOLE(m): 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2009
some comments have read on this topic turns my stomach.

Honestly if i were minister of education.
I ll make Logic compulsory right from primary school.

Our thought process needs to change if we are
to move forward as a country.

Our Eductional system failed us.
Its most irrational to make some dirty comments i'm reading.

The fact is Stella Obasanjo was an Adult.
She can do whatever she likes with herself.

We were robbed of a first Lady by this incompetent Doctor.
Justice means someone has to be responsible for her death.

Justice will deter this mistake re occuring in the future.
At least other careless doctors will be more careful next time

Whether Obj is a good man or not is a different matter.
Whether it is a moral to do liposuction or not is a different topic.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by mikeoscar: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2009
@back2back andChosen04,
My sisters, Please let's not wish this sort of thing even at our enemies. This Woman died! Yes, you heard me, She died. She was not a government official, did not hold any political appointment or office draw the kind of hate.

Truth is it could have been any of us. Think about the things you did in your lives that you deserved to die for, but God in His infinite mercies kept you alive. Not because you were so righteous, not because you were so smart, not because you were that great, but God looked beyond your faults and saw all your needs. So you 're only alive today because He kept  you and you because of His grace. The Psalmist David recognised this in the Bible when He said "It is by His mercies that we are not consumed. "
Even if Obasanjo attacked Odi for His own benefit while in Government, How is that Stella's Problem, it's like saying because you're guilty of an offence your whole family or some members of your family should be punished for it. Haba babes!
Obasanjo was president. God will judge him according to His responsibilities as much He will judge us according to ours too, but let's be careful not to assume the role of God and start judging or gloating over other persons misfortune. You can imagine Stella's Children reading all these hate comments on NL. I beg my sisters let's learn to forgive and mourn with those that mourn knowing that we shall all give account of every idle word or what we do on the judgement day. God bless you
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by banom(m): 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2009
Someone should close eyes and tell me that this spanish doctor was paid by some crooked nigerian politician to tactically murder mrs stella obasanjo as a warning to OBJ for the third term he was seeking then,

No wonder their was the mysterious Belview Plane crash in ogun State ( obasanjo's state) on the same day.

Was it a horrible coincedence ?
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2009
Oluschenco:

Ignorance should be your middle name.

@topic

Thought OBJ killed her with juju? shocked tongue
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Mobinga: 3:55pm On Sep 22, 2009
shocked thats serious bullshit
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by CrudeOil2(m): 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2009
I think justice has been served. The sentence is enough retribution for the fatal mistake he made, , and
If you have a problem with obasanjo, sue him!
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Iyara(m): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2009
Can you imagine if she had died in a Nigerian hospital? The plastic surgeon and his team would have been on death row for assassination of the First Lady, even if her death had been unavoidable.

At least the family has some closure.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by anonimi: 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2009
Thank God for the Spanish judicial system.
I hope our judges, doctors and nigerians in general are taking note.
When next a doctor's negligent treatment results in permanent damages including death of a patient then the relations should sue the doctor for serious financial compensation and suspension of licence at least instead of rushing to religious leaders who will tell them na one winch from dem family dey behind. shocked
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by vanitty: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2009
common sense is indeed not common sometimes.  undecided
Can't believe some are actually advocating for the release of the quack doctor. A lady & God knows how many more died because of his negligence.
Only God knows the job some in here are doing, let just hope it is off no important at all to human safety.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by candylips(m): 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2009
vanitty:

common sense is indeed not common sometimes.  undecided
Can't believe some are actually advocating for the release of the quack doctor. A lady & God knows how many more died because of his negligence.
Only God knows the job some in here are doing, let just hope it is off no important at all to human safety.

QUACK DOC INDEED
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2009
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by vanitty: 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2009
^what favour? is your Nigeria any better now than when she was alive
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by chosen04(f): 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2009
mike oscar:

@back2back andChosen04,
My sisters, Please let's not wish this sort of thing even at our enemies. This Woman died! Yes, you heard me, She died. She was not a government official, did not hold any political appointment or office draw the kind of hate.

. So you 're only alive today because He kept  you and you because of His grace. The Psalmist David recognised this in the Bible when He said "It is by His mercies that we are not consumed. "[/b]Even if Obasanjo attacked Odi for His own benefit while in Government, [b]How is that Stella's Problem, it's like saying because you're guilty of an offence your whole family or some members of your family should be punished for it. Haba babes!
@ Mike Oscar

I love it when people quote the Bible fairly. So u have not seen or heard of instances when GOD punished a whole community, Family or a Nation just cos of the SIN(s) of 1 Person. If OBJ and family keep geting what they denied some many PEOPLE then God may have to make some explanation to some  of us. Infact the family of ABACHA/ATIKU/RIBADU ETC will definetely demand an apology from HIM.
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by myhouse: 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2009
Oluschenco:

You are a dog!, we don't ve to judge her cos of Obasanjo,would you say that if SHE WAS YOUR MOTHER,you just open mouth and close it , smeagol
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by MUZBO(m): 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2009
chosen04:

Its so bad that OBJ and family are getting justice they denied so many Nigerians even in a far away country. What an irony of life!!!!
How have you been? Never thought about it this way but you are so right. How unfortunate that true justice comes from outside the country, even Saro Wiwa's family got major justice from outside these shores. Unfortunately neglect is neglect but how I wish Obj would be punished for all the casualties of his own neglect!
Re: Doctor Jailed For Obasanjo Death by saraj(f): 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2009
Well it is her fault in a way that with all her money and power,
that she couldn't get someone to do a bit of research on
cosmetic surgeons and opt for the most qualified and
experienced one in the world that is board certified.

I guess she lacked common sense and was very unaware
of what she was getting herself into!!
It is the responsibility of the patient(in my opinion) to
study the surgeon you have in my mind very well before
undergoing such an invasive surgical procedure.

PDP Must Win EDO State-bamangar Tukur(pdp National Party Chairman) / The Media Is An Opposition Dominated Industry / Port Harcourt Refinery Back With 17million Litres Per Day