Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? (27821 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by truthalways(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
Gaborone:
It is a necessity.

Those who mess them up have to marry them.

After you finish sleeping with dozens of women as a bachelor, you have to prepare sometime in your life to go and prostrate before the father/family of a girl whom dozens of other men have slept with. You also tacitly or expressly beg for her to be handed to you in marriage , while assuming that position. Though it doesn't always happen this way, but the universe usually balances itself out.

Conclusively, op, if you have slept with one or several ladies yourself, it is high time you started saving to get your brideprice ready for the D-day. You may want to refer to what I said earlier about the balancing act of the universe too, in case you are one of those men.

You speak as if sex is a one way thing

Every lady is equally as guilty as the man in consented sex

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by wordbank(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
NOW I KNOW WHY THEY SAY YOUR WIFE IS NOT YOUR PROPERTY
angry
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by GospelOkonye(m): 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
You marry more than the body, a lady is not just a bag of flesh and some openings, a lady is brains, a heart, a mother, a helper. Yes the body is part of the package, but its not the main point for it.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
DandyWalker:

pls OP, where did u copy this write up from?
Oops just went tru ur profile now and saw it there. Saw this on FB

You deserves credit Bro for the original write up. Hence I hashtag the 'copied'
BTW are you from Ekiti?
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
truthalways:

Not at all@you speak as if.... I'm sure my post says otherwise.
On the contrary, it was the op who sounded that way, hence my post.

2 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by pedrilo: 2:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
Gaborone:
It is a necessity.

Those who mess them up have to marry them.

After you finish sleeping with dozens of women as a bachelor, you have to prepare sometime in your life to go and prostrate before the father/family of a girl whom dozens of other men have slept with. You also tacitly or expressly beg for her to be handed to you in marriage , while assuming that position. Though it doesn't always happen this way, but the universe usually balances itself out.

Conclusively, op, if you have slept with one or several ladies yourself, it is high time you started saving to get your brideprice ready for the D-day. You may want to refer to what I said earlier about the balancing act of the universe too, in case you are one of those men.
no wonder naija male artist have turned our girls to baby mamas. they cant bring themselves to such a condescending level of begging for the hand of an over used girl in marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by TamedWolf90: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
mysticgal:

What have I done to you embarassed

I hate that I love you.. embarassed
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2016
It gives me the creeps the way some Nigerian guys like pointing dirty finger at women. The righteous than thou attitude is killing and brewing this hatred that eats so deep.

In my few experiences in life, i found out that those that are first to point out are the guilty ones....the innocent ones don't even make noise.
Have you guys not noticed that those one that give advice on relationship matters,religion etc are the
ones that hardly practice what they preach behind the curtain.

I'm not saying that promiscuous life is good but till the day someone shows me a perfect man,then i will show you Jesus.

If you are a virgin and wants a virgin, then go for one and pay the bride price as tradition demands.

if you are not and still want a nun,its a free world.

If you are or not and doesn't give a damn, then its your world.....rule it.

We all have pasts and it doesn't define us but our present.

If Jesus forgives who are you to condemn ?

If He died more than 2000 years ago for our today,who are you to Judge?

Truly, i must tell you that you sound like a Pharisee and should detest from it.

To preach moral is different from condemning.

No one knows who is who but at the end,our true character justify it all.

There is good somewhere in every human and not beyond saving; and change is constant in life.
The good can later change to a nightmare and bad to good.

We all are entitled to our lane in life,with our little secrets no one knows.

I've had few encounters with most of those girls you accused when i came to Lagos during my I.T back then....and their transparency and good heart equals none.

No matter what those girls did,it makes them no less human and less deserving.
God is merciful and its all by His grace.

6 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by torqque7(m): 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
O.p you have a good valid point..nobody wants to purchase a deadbeat second hand product. As far as I am concerned id rather marry a Virgin any day anytime than non Virgin shikena. undecided

And just to satisfy anyone's curiosity if I am a Virgin myself,well the answer is a big NO..and il keep having se.x too until I find a good wife,who I think is worth spending the rest of my life with(preferably VIRGIN). angry

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

The bold part nailed it. We ought to be paying for their purity not their iniquity. Though it's love that matter most in marriage but that sense of trust also does.

You ought to trust your wife enough whenever you ain't around, but how much will you trust someone that you met almost exhausted of that thing naw grin

wen we marry, we won't hav it outside except wit him alone
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
joshrare:

There are some lucky ones you know? After messing some girls up they get for themselves fresh girls that have not been messed up.....
The guys win in most cases especially a situation where they ladies eventually bear them a child outside wedlock.... You hear such guy saying I can't marry an "after one" where as he already made someone "after one"

My advice is that the ladies should take things slow. Materialism and over heating has driven most of them wild....

I agree with you. That's why I said the universe doesn't always balance itself out {by matching like individuals in marriage}.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by ayusco85(m): 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

You are wrong Bro. Some are just cheerful givers

Show me a cheerful giver and I will show u a girl with a low self esteem and a broke ass girl.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by omotoyossi(m): 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
mysticgal:
I think you should look for a virgin as a wife undecided
And Then dump all those your female friends and get virgin ones
ez not talkin boi virgins or not.. ez talkib bou SCATTERED girls.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by omotoyossi(m): 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
mysticgal:
I think you should look for a virgin as a wife undecided
And Then dump all those your female friends and get virgin ones
ez not talkin boi virgins or not.. ez talking bou SCATTERED girls.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
op,no one is forcing you to pay bride price na, shey na team foreign girls dey reign? since you want to pay for purity not iniquity, look for virgin na, it's a free world, but I can tell you that I don't regret loosing my virginity one bit.Imagine I get married as a virgin, start having kids almost immediately, after two or three kids, the marriage becomes boring, oga starts sniffing some pant!es outside, all I get is a fat housewife raising kids.When you want to marry, tell your father inlaw to reduce the bride price because his daughter is not a virgin, simple
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by samblack(m): 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
truthalways:

yeah that is the point,then why do men still have to pay for their guilt and women are excluded? Stop shooting yourself
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
liveshady:

wen we marry, we won't hav it outside except wit him alone

Are you kidding me You tryna tell me you can do whatever you wish with yah body while still single
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
Op, lemme ask u, are u a virgin??
If yes..the maybe u are underage and have no clue wat u talking about....wait till u get there

If no, how many babes have u 'kpansh' since u discovered the deep hole drilled in ladies??
If none...then u as deceitful as a silicone bosom

If few/ many, many of ur type end up with the most adventurous,famous ,wasted olosho of all

Even the ones who ends up with the corporate ones will be better off.

But wait o...this guy might have ordered or on top one kitten and come here to discourage some dudes and babes here o....chai...aye oooo
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by 9jatatafo(m): 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
LordIsaac:

I'm not justifying anything...I'm just asking you to think outside of yourself for a moment. Imagine if you were born in the streets....and someone has to marry your sister....I feel the bride price in itself is just to test the ability of a man financially with respect to ''raising'' another ,an'd daughter.

Pride price is never meant to test a man's financial ability! Its a means to show that the man really want the woman as his wife and making both families be present. Do white people pay pride price?
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Topccy007: 2:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
#Teamvirginladies tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Boring: 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
2dugged:
op,no one is forcing you to pay bride price na, shey na team foreign girls dey reign? since you want to pay for purity not iniquity, look for virgin na, it's a free world, but I can tell you that I don't regret loosing my virginity one bit.Imagine I get married as a virgin, start having kids almost immediately, after two or three kids, the marriage becomes bori.ng, oga starts sniffing some pant!es outside, all I get is a fat housewife raising kids.When you want to marry, tell your father inlaw to reduce the bride price because his daughter is not a virgin, simple
Lmao...chaii..true tho..
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by DandyWalker(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

Oops just went tru ur profile now and saw it there. Saw this on FB

You deserves credit Bro for the original write up. Hence I hashtag the 'copied'
BTW are you from Ekiti?
Alright. I'm not from ekiti but I'm in ekiti at present. But pls do u know me in person?
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Boring: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
legalspices:
If yes..the maybe u are underage and have no clue wat u talking about....wait till u get there

If no, how many babes have u 'kpansh' since u discovered the deep hole drilled in ladies??

If few/ many, many of ur type end up with the most adventurous,famous ,wasted olosho of all

But wait o...this guy might have ordered or on top one kitten and come here to discourage some dudes and babes here o....chai...aye oooo
LMAO
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Realonekingsley(m): 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
This is a complicated topic.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by pacino26(m): 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
This is definitely a bashing thread. But come to look at it, it's the dignity that the Op is arguing about here. The sacredness of the feminine nature who are bound to be vessels communicating between this world and the heavens.

Growing up, I listened and read a lot on Sex before I finally indulged. A lot of young people dont understand this. That explains why at a certain age girls start receiving special training and treatments in preparation for the sacred task.

True it is your body but then.. ...........

Op I feel you, just pray you end up with a woman you can be proud of.

The Honor of a man is a chaste and virtuous wife.

Funny we think the norm today is frolicking around and doing head counts with the opposite sex. At least now some sensible ladies can read and see that sex can never keep a man. Plus it's disgusting after been revered by a man only for him to find out you've a 24" pot with the usual 'I was raped when I was a teenager'

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by JustHere2Observ(f): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
Pele, when you want to marry your non virgin wife, discuss your grievances with your in-laws. I'm sure they will understand.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Kbels(f): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
OP, if you have slept with not less than 5 girls/ladies in your lifetime, you have no justification for your post. Like my fellow female nairalander said, the universe has it's way of balancing things. Who do you guys expect to marry the girls you've been messing with? You will end up marrying someone that has been messed with because you have messed with some girl at one point or the the other in your life. I'm not justifying the fact that a lady should not stay pure till marriage but it's a vicious cycle that will continue (unfortunately) till the end of time.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Boring: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
Op i support you, na to marry virgin sure pass. no mine all dis olosho nairaland girls wey the defend dia self.

Who need borehold, undecided wen u can get it new grin..
OP carry on

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
DandyWalker:
Alright. I'm not from ekiti but I'm in ekiti at present. But pls do u know me in person?

Not really but you sounds like someone I knew from Ijero Ekiti
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by samblack(m): 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
legalspices:

stop beating around the bush and answer the question.okay I think that one is too much for you to comprehend let me put it the way you will understand.if two people are found guilty of theft should only one of them be made to pay a fine? And should the one be given to the father of the other thief?
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
Kbels:
OP, if you have slept with not less than 5 girls/ladies in your lifetime, you have no justification for your post. Like my fellow female nairalander said, the universe has it's way of balancing things. Who do you guys expect to marry the girls you've been messing with? You will end up marrying someone that has been messed with because you have messed with some girl at one point or the the other in your life. I'm not justifying the fact that a lady should not stay pure till marriage but it's a vicious cycle that will continue (unfortunately) till the end of time.

If actually you are talking about Karma it doesn't apply here. Face it, I'm not clean but I've got grace and you know the rest ......clean slate
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Sayelabola(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
iAmCharis:
Calm your tițs, miss.

What if he's never slept with any lady and will not do so till marriage? What would your answer to his question be?

Majority of such guys still end up marrying the deflowered.

There is an older friend of mine, a devoted born again, at about 45years (being a "saint"wink, he later settled down with a divorced woman (with 3children).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times / Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.