Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? (27820 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by iriskiki(f): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
The thing wonderment me o!

Please ask him well?

It's always so amazing when men judge women's indiscretions when them carry platinum medal for the same. Apart from that, they contribute to the issues fully. Ask me how many of them have turned away free puszy or told a girl let's wait till marriage...

People will just come on NL and be disturbing somebody who is busy watching ID channel! Haba!!! cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

smiliyB:
Answer the question,if u have ever participated in one,then u have no right to judge anybody....beside there are plenty of the girls dat still keep their dignity.

5 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by pussyAvenger: 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ngokafor:

...Another day another silly thread by silly idle males.It's funny how morally-bankrupt male individuals feel they have an opinion on anybody's morals or have a right to a 'chaste ' spouse.Continue fooling yourselves.If you like when its time to marry,quote your nonsense theory and postulations to your prospective in-laws..na una sabi.

..At the end of the day,you all shall end up with the partners you deserve.Thats it.
i cant marry a non virgin....even my parebt knws dat one...i just cant
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 4:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
radia2016:

ode talk. who told you women benefit from bride price no be the men in the family go still collect. when you want to marry negotiate with your in laws or marry from places where the bride price is 5naira or go teamforeigngirls nonsense

I won't trade words with you. Must you abuse? You really need to visit a counselor for help on your temperaments.

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
DandyWalker:
Lol. I can't even remember posting this article on Facebook. Where did u see it on Facebook?

Didn't said ur FB wall. Said FB
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 4:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
Joavid:

you're a confused fool with low self esteem.

it's okay for other girls to know your private parts, scars and ringtones but it kills your ego and self esteem for your spouse ex's to know her ringtones and scars.

seems you have nothing serious to think about than wonder how many guys know your partners 'ringtone'. poor man mentality!

go marry white woman if u no wan pay bride price. like it's our fault bride price is a tradition.

You are a big fool and pained fellow as your post purportedly shows.

Better fix unaself.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by crackhaus: 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
iriskiki:
Very true.

So I'm assuming he paid the bride price for those girls he practiced manliness on abi?

OP answer na?

gringrin
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Chrisnolly101(m): 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by samblack(m): 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2016
legalspices:

Theft?? Really?? U using that as an example??

Are the ladies sleeping with apes?? Its this same YOU that fingers them as them to moan cos u "love" it....its this same YOU that pleads 'baby.. we don't need this now....pls let's not bring the baby in now' its this same YOU that carelessly ask if she is a slot cos she ask u to use 'protection' ....its the same YOU she sincerely supports physically emotionally finqncially...satisfy u with everything including his same "puzzay" and u dump her humble heart for one instagram borrow pose babe...it's the same YOU who gets the 'virtuous woman' no ugly past...a virgin and goes all out to bring in infections, bad luck ,problems then u jam ur early grave and turn her to a widow with all the burden to carry

And its the same YOU coming here to spew talks about who is worth bride price and who isn't

Let he who is without sin.......

And ur question....yes!!! they should both be punished for the theft
am not against you having sex with a century men it's none of my business or you aborting every fetuses you conceived,you are the one who will live with the side effect and guilt.

You can only take a donkey to the river you can never force it to drink water so stop blaming people for all your mistakes,they are yours and your alone.and thankx for answering my question honestly,then why are the men the only ones paying the bride price?

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by smiliyB(f): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
iriskiki:

Please ask him well?

It's always so amazing when men judge women's indiscretions when them carry platinum medal for the same. Apart from that, they contribute to the issues fully. Ask me how many of them have turned away free puszy or told a girl let's wait till marriage...

People will just come on NL and be disturbing somebody who is busy watching ID channel! Haba!!! cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Seriously,nah this kind tin dey make me wan kolo Smtimes.but it won't work for them...lolz

2 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
smiliyB:
Seriously,nah this kind tin dey make me wan kolo Smtimes.but it won't work for them...lolz

I've been waiting for sticks and arrows from you ladies. You really don't have to vent the anger on me. After all I wasn't there when you were busy shouting hallelujah with your legs upward grin

I'm not holy but I'm just trying to let y'all know that not all us cares to marry bore-holes. Endeavor to keep it at the minimum level.

You are free to do whatever you wish with any damn body, that's none of my business. Just pointing out to some moral for una.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
samblack:
am not against you having sex with a century men it's none of my business or you aborting every fetuses you conceived,you are the one who will live with the side effect and guilt.

You can only take a donkey to the river you can never force it to drink water so stop blaming people for all your mistakes,they are yours and your alone.and thankx for answering my question honestly,then why are the men the only ones paying the bride price?
Easy tiger.. lol...are ladies suppose to pay instead I laff in Swahili

Dude...its like u don't understand the op sef, cheesy

From time memorial..the guys pay bride price na, which planet are you from? The op is simply saying some ladies don't worth the price and that's what amtalking against..biko read again and understand
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by junta007(f): 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
Ladier Are Not The Same, Is Just That The Percentage Of The Irresponsible Ones Is On The Increase.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by 9jatatafo(m): 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
[quote author=LordIsaac post=48214788][/quote]

How could a man favour c*nt over work? Doesn't ring a bell at all. Are you telling me some women favour d*ck over work? Life is not about hard work but favour and smartness. If making money was through hard work then no labourer or bricklayer will be poor.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Ishilove: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

Lolz grin that's more rhetoric grin

BTW lalasticlala come and see Tonto dike killing one big snake here grin

Modified:
Yes to your question. Any problem with that?

Mind you life is all about how you view or rate yourself. Come as a B!tch then you get bones but come like a Queen and ascend the throne with ur king!
The very height of hypocrisy. It is nauseating.

What happens the women you slept with and broke up? You hypocrite!!
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Ishilove: 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
iriskiki:

Please ask him well?

You have said it all. He is there busy casting stones meanwhile he is no better. What a hypocrite
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Babycherry(f): 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by armadeo(m): 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
This issue is over flogged.

If you don't want to pay bride price because girls sleep around don't marry

Leave those who want to, to do thier thing.

After all the girls you climb and leave behind who go marry them.

To answer your question

Yes it is neccesary. If you decide you've seen a woman to call your own and she meets your specs then by all means do the needful.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by DandyWalker(m): 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

Didn't said ur FB wall. Said FB
yeah, I get. just wondering how it got to facebook. can u send me the link to the Facebook page?
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2016
armadeo:

To answer your question

Yes it is neccesary. If you decide you've seen a woman to call your own and she meets your specs then by all means do the needful.

The first person to answer my question the way I want.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Babycherry(f): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
armadeo:

To answer your question

Thanks dear.....even if she's had 1 million sex

You don't marry for just sex.....there a lot of things in marrige, that you cannot wrap ur brain around!!!
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by veekid(m): 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
Babycherry:
Oloniyan OP, am tyrna understand your point here oooooooh

Are you saying or you think sex is the only reason for marriage?

The parents of this girl trained her in school till university, and don't forget that boy that payed her fees ones or twice(her boyfrnd) when the parents don't have, she tries adding some small jobs, but she does not have enuff to feed and pay the rent.......a rich dude comes by, offers her the rent, she has to succumb(because you guys do nothing for free)

She helps herself through one or two ways, that she is not proud of, she gets pregnant.....becos she does not want to put shame in the face of her parents, she aborts(you have no idea how many times she asked God to forgive her)

She finishes school, she finds a job, she works her ass off to be at least in second class.....

She refuses to use vaginal tightening cream after all her sex escapades because of Cancer....

Then you have the Liver, the guts, to say she does not deserve a Bride Price.....what about the Labor she will go through? Labor of 3 Or 4 kids

When you're not there, she fend for them, protect and instill knowledge......

I can't fit to continue......But you have to think
Not everybody have it easy Brah!!!!
Some make it through, some don't!!!!

Veekid do you agree with Op?

I've already told the OP in my initial comment; make he thief the girl run.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 5:31pm On Aug 05, 2016
DandyWalker:
yeah, I get. just wondering how it got to facebook. can u send me the link to the Facebook page?

Dr Victor, I will check on you when next I'm in Ekiti. Presumably upper week.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by 5minsmadness: 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
Hadarms:
I feel your grievances, friend, especially when subsequently what a man paid heavily for is not valuable and worthy enough as it turns out. But I would ask, do we pay brideprice for some kind of sensual rewards or to honour the woman we so heartily love no matter her flaws, weaknesses and shortcomings? Perhaps we do this to honour ourselves, our family, our coming children and the word of God?

While I vehemently subscribe to the fact that he who reaps seed deserves it as much as he who reaps weed, I wouldn't nonetheless neglect how unique and remarkable staunch love can be in the transition of weed to seed, overlooking the flaws, weaknesses and past actions.

I should say, if brideprice is a determinant of marriage, and marriage is of love, brideprice is therefore a determinant of love.

And what is love? Isn't it the putting of past mistakes behind each other?

This was good.
I didn't understand half of it but it was good. Well though t out.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
If only I repeat if only some Nairalanders could laid their arms on me today ehn?
Anyway It is a free world and everybody is entitled to his or her opinion.

I copied this topic and post it here on Nairaland not even knowing that Dandywalker is the original poster and I happened to just want to know some opinions about level of moral decadence in our society.

I cannot say we shouldn't pay bride price of our ladies after all I go soon pay hers soonest grin but I'm of the opinion that our ladies should soft peddler on immorality.(though I am not a saint as ishilove pointed out but she doesn't seems to know the meaning of sarcasm).
So fellow Nairaland guys follow the custom, pay the bride price and fulfill all righteousness.

AFTERALL GIVE UNTO CESAR WHAT IS CESAR'S.

Bye
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by smiliyB(f): 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:

I've been waiting for sticks and arrows from you ladies. You really don't have to vent the anger on me. After all I wasn't there when you were busy shouting hallelujah with your legs upward grin

I'm not holy but I'm just trying to let y'all know that not all us cares to marry bore-holes. Endeavor to keep it at the minimum level.

You are free to do whatever you wish with any damn body, that's none of my business. Just pointing out to some moral for una.
Silent is just best answer for a fool like you tongue

1 Like

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Oloniyan(m): 6:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
smiliyB:
Silent is just best answer for a fool like you tongue

Arabinrin fimi diwon baba e Nile kee
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by jojosweet(f): 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
jashar:
lolz OP. Just lolzzz.......

Quick question, have you participated in sexual activity before?

smiley
good question God bless u.
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by KevinDein: 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
Da fuq? The fact that this thread got to all the ladies clearly shows there isn't any good one around
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Ishilove: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
Oloniyan:
If only I repeat if only some Nairalanders could laid their arms on me today ehn?
Anyway It is a free world and everybody is entitled to his or her opinion.

I copied this topic and post it here on Nairaland not even knowing that Dandywalker is the original poster and I happened to just want to know some opinions about level of moral decadence in our society.

I cannot say we shouldn't pay bride price of our ladies after all I go soon pay hers soonest grin but I'm of the opinion that our ladies should soft peddler on immorality.(though I am not a saint as ishilove pointed out but she doesn't seems to know the meaning of sarcasm).
So fellow Nairaland guys follow the custom, pay the bride price and fulfill all righteousness.

AFTERALL GIVE UNTO CESAR WHAT IS CESAR'S.

Bye
Plagiarism. You didn't even have the decency to credit where you copied it from
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by worriedgirl: 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2016
@ oloniyan when you are ready to get married, tell your father-in-law that you won't pay a dime on his daughter's head cause different men have chook chook her finish... stop asking us here, it's a question for the elders, now run along
Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
Gaborone:
It is a necessity.

Those who mess them up have to marry them.

After you finish sleeping with dozens of women as a bachelor, you have to prepare sometime in your life to go and prostrate before the father/family of a girl whom dozens of other men have slept with. You also tacitly or expressly beg for her to be handed to you in marriage , while assuming that position. Though it doesn't always happen this way, but the universe usually balances itself out.

Conclusively, op, if you have slept with one or several ladies yourself, it is high time you started saving to get your brideprice ready for the D-day. You may want to refer to what I said earlier about the balancing act of the universe too, in case you are one of those men.

I looked to see whether some smart fella was going to reply you but none did, so here goes....
For an argument to make sense, one has to be consistent, consistency here implies that we stick to the subject matter and not deviate...
Now the 0p opined that the issue of bridepricee ought to be reconsidered if the girl is used up, my friend up there even made the job easier by stating the significance of brideprice which is purity..... Now since the girl isn't so pure after all, isn't it right we forget about the brideprice and just move on?
Now your point about whether the man is pure himself fails under logical scrutiny because as far as I know, women are not required to pay anything for the man....
The best way out of this conundrum should be men paying bride price for the pure ladies while ladies pay same for the pure man (since you are suddenly interested in male purity)....
And in a situation where we are both impure, as is most often case, nobody gets to pay anything....
Do you have anything against this perfect arrangement?

3 Likes

Re: Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2016
ayusco85:
Blame poverty bro. A girl that has had lesser Sexual partner is from a better well to do family. So hw bout to go after girls from well to do homes
That's a big fallacy. What then are you gonna say about rich girls sleeping around with random dudes?
Don't ask me how many I have seen because I've seen alot.
Some girls sha..... Even deliverance can't help them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Six Effective Ways You Can Cut Cost In These Hard Times / Somebody Is Trying To Molest My Neighbour's Six-Year-Old Daughter / Being Married To A Nigerian Is Hard Sometimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.