Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS (30449 Views)

Petrol Bombs, Weapons Recovered From Nnamdi Kanu’s House - Abia CP / See The Weapons 'Recovered' From Shiite Muslims After Clash With Police In Kano / Troops Recover 1304 Livestock,arrest 15 Cattle Rustlers & Kill Many Bandits(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by ChangeIsCostant: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
Following covert surveillance and intelligence reports on the activities of some gun runners and armed bandits in Kopa, Dagma and Gagaw villages of Bosso Local Government Area, Niger State, troops of 31 Artillery Brigade, 1 Division Nigerian Army, in conjunction with Nigeria Air Force detachment on Internal Security Operation MESA went on quick cordon and search in the affected areas to recover suspected weapon cache and arrest the suspected persons and the armed bandits.

Contrary to statements attributed to some questionable vested interests, the troops were on legitimate official duty aimed at safeguarding lives and property of citizen in the area.

While approaching and deploying to carry out their lawful duty, the troops came under simultaneous and sporadic shootings in all the three locations.

They however responded as necessary in line with the rules of engagement. Sadly, an officer and 8 soldiers of the Nigerian Army and 2 Airmen of the Nigeria Air Force lost their lives in the line of national duty. Additionally, one soldier is still missing while 2 of their colleagues were seriously wounded.

The suspected gun runners and armed bandits also burnt down 4 operational vehicles and vandalized 2 others. Bandits also carted away 4 AK-47 rifles and one Fabrique Nationale (FN) rifle belonging to the deceased soldiers.

The troops also killed 8 of the armed bandits and arrested 57 others. They also recovered large quantity of arms and ammunition. The recovered items include; 3 AK-47 rifles,10 Local AK-47 Rifles, 9 Locally made Pistols, 6 Revolver guns, which fires 7.62mm (Special ammunition), 45 Loaded Dane guns, 10 Clubs and Cudgels, 41 Arrows, 18 Bow cases, 122 Cutlasses and Machetes as well as 20 Daggers.

Other items recovered include 31 Axes, 63 rounds of 7.62 (Special) Ammunition, 10 Bajaj Motorcycles, Assorted Charms and Amulets, 2 Vehicles, 38 mobile telephone handsets, a wristwatch, 5 Identity Cards, Passport Photographs, Cash sum of N23,870.00k, 5 Japanese Yen and 35 different denominations of old Nigerian currency, 15 Catapults, 8 Torchlights, 2 Gun Powder bottles, 4 empty cases of Ammunition and 41 Cartridges.

The troops also seized a military Waist Belt and a pair of military Combat Boots.

It is important to stress that the nefarious activities of the gun runners and the armed bandits has direct bearing with the influx of weapons and general insecurity in some parts of the Federal Capital Territory and the North West geo-political zone of the country.

The same gun runners have been confirmed to be the suppliers of arms to armed robbery gangs that were involved in series of armed robbery attacks along Minna-Bida road and the general environment.

Although the situation is under control, the military will not rest on its oars until all those involved are arrested and brought to justice. The military will continue to deal with any violent threat to our national security.

All law abiding citizens are enjoined to go about their lawful duties as the cordon and search operation continues in the general area and if necessary expand to other identified areas to keep our people safe.

Thank you for your kind and usual cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/gun-runners-and-armed-bandits-attacked.html

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by ChangeIsCostant: 10:01pm On Aug 06, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by PrettyCrystal: 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
God bless our troops

23 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by dainformant(m): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2016
nice work NA

14 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by psucc(m): 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
Hmmmm! Let me express my thought: what if these are unusable.

3 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by hymanflex(m): 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
Nigeria my country, I hail thee.....

gallant ahuas....

1 Like

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by Standing5(m): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
We need 1000 of such cordon and search operation in each of Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Lagos, and Edo alone.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2016
grin grin funny guns...

Just take them to the museum..

It looks like the ones Hitler used...

But I like the craftsmanship...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by sCun: 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
They bought those weapons to defend themselves against fulani herdsmen, something which our military and police have blatantly refused to do. No amount of spinning will change the truth. Now they have gone to disarm the community paving way for another fulani attack.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by sCun: 10:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
The military in Niger state on Thursday, August 4th, 2016, in the thick of night and in the wee hours of the morning, invaded Kpaidna, Legbe-dagma, Bambe, Kopa, Lunku and surrounding villages in Bosso Local Government area of the state, a very peaceful community in my constituency, Niger East Senatorial District.

The armed soldiers drawn from the 31 Artillery Brigade in Minna and the Airforce base in Bosso, stormed the villages in a brutal commando style at about 1:00 am, waking up the sleeping villagers, causing distress and inflicting pains on them.

The military has not given any cogent reason(s) for this crude invasion and brutality of my people, however I am of the belief that the claim that the villagers had piled up arms in their homes upon which the armed soldiers hinged a seal off and search operation in the village, is not tenable and totally unacceptable in a democratic government.

For the avoidance of doubt I would like to inform the public that this community was only about a month ago attacked by alleged Fulani herders during which many innocent people were killed and over 500 others displaced. Many of the victims of the heinous attack are still living in refugee camps in Minna and the military authorities in Niger state, I believe, are aware of this. The trauma and the palpable fears that the said attack had instilled and inflicted in the community is still fresh in their minds.

I am reliably informed that, this time around when the sleeping villagers were woken by the brutal force of the invasion in the thick of the night, the first thing that came to their mind was that it was another attack by the same Fulani herders on rampage of their community which resulted in general pandemonium and commotion.
[color=#000099]
It is unfortunate that instead of the military to provide adequate protection to the helpless villagers, it has taken upon itself the onus of inflicting more pains on them in an unnecessary operation.

In any case if this operation was aimed at securing public peace and enhance security, as the military would want us to believe, I make bold to ask: Why was the police not aware and or involved in it? I am informed that members of the community had sent a distress call to the Police indicating that they were being attacked by “Fulani herders” and the Police responding to the call rushed to the scene only to discover it was a military operation that was on-going.
It is disturbing to note that the military yesterday indiscriminately arrested over 60 people from these villages over this incident and are keeping them in detention in the Military Barracks in Minna. I call on the Chief of Army Staff, the Brigade Commander and the authorities concerned to immediately release the detained villagers. The fundamental rights of these Nigerians as guaranteed by the Constitution must be respected and protected. It is the responsibility of the Police to detain civilian suspects and not the Army.
While condemning the action of the military, I however wish to extend my sincere condolences to the families of all those that have lost their loved ones in this unfortunate incident and wish those injured quick recovery.
Finally, I wish to call on the Niger state Government to immediately institute an inquiry into this incident to forestall future re-occurrence.
Senator David Umaru
Niger East Senatorial District

http://facesinternationalmagazine.org.ng/?p=15409

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
psucc:

We should test the local revolver on you...... cool

7 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by project8(m): 12:17am On Aug 07, 2016
good one NA
Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 07, 2016
psucc:

yes i agree with you...they are fancy just to
beautify their houses

3 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by pacino26(m): 12:30am On Aug 07, 2016
Wait o, we lost 10 good men of the Armed Forces for these? When words like gun runners came up, I expected something.. ............. With what am seeing I think I should be disappointed at the cost of recovering machetes, bows, local Dane guns even the recovered Ak47 belonged to the military as reported.

Just reading between lines and doing some analysis. I could be wrong though.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by sunkoye: 12:46am On Aug 07, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

We should test the local revolver on you...... cool
I believe it's more lethal if you throw it at sum1 cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by sultaan(m): 1:11am On Aug 07, 2016
All I saw was some axe to chop fire woods, and cutlass for farm work. Locally made costume jewelries

Another picture has some home made bow and arrow to hunt bush rats and catapult for birds.

Poor old man's walking stick, hockey stick something to crack a snakes head as dictated by the bible

Third pics show some home made revolver pistols used by kids to play cowboys and indians, followed by a row of home made contraption probably used to start a race or scare off wild animals. empty cans with holes

All these amount to farmers, rat hunters, kids playing western movies and possibly a local dance troupe made into front page thread?!!

9 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by boman2014: 2:00am On Aug 07, 2016
Wow
Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by Douglaufuoma(m): 4:37am On Aug 07, 2016
wen will dis kind of energy be channel towards d herdsmen causing havoc in Nigeria. I respect d Nigeria military so much, dey should stop running after shadow and face d substance. they wouldn't b on ground to combat d Fulani terrorist but possess d power or are always on ground to disorganise security network built by d locals to protect themselves. they should remember their loves may fall victim to does Fulani attract one day.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by mysteriousman(m): 4:41am On Aug 07, 2016
Well done gallant men
Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by Mckennedy: 6:25am On Aug 07, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
more >>>> http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/gun-runners-and-armed-bandits-attacked.html

Tanx for the pics anyway and I ask, where are the pics of ogun lagos creek bombing, until then I can take you serious.

2 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by abumeinben(m): 6:46am On Aug 07, 2016
what a collection of jack sparrow revolvers grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by pinkguy(m): 7:20am On Aug 07, 2016
Yes work well done ,Fulani you can enter now and do you own job ,welcome to change ,this change is for real

6 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by kernel504(m): 8:03am On Aug 07, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
God bless our troops

Please Bro stop praising Nigerian Army, this village was attacked by Fulani herdsmen couple of weeks ago, and the Nigerian government did nothing, in self defence they procured these locally made arms.

Secondly, Almost every Hausa community traditionally has swords and arrows in quantity for self defence, why making it look as if... There's is different? Anyway they voted change, enjoy it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by realjoker(m): 8:45am On Aug 07, 2016
sCun:
They bought those weapons to defend themselves against fulani herdsmen, something which our military and police have blatantly refused to do. No amount of spinning will change the truth. Now they have gone to disarm the community paving way for another fulani attack.
NA are nothing but as$holes, I don't know when locals being in possession of locally made pistol turn to gun running. This villagers were attacked by the FULANI Herdsmen some weeks ago, without the assistance of the NA, now they are stockpiling arms to defend themselves,they called it gun running.

10 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by PaulIdu: 8:57am On Aug 07, 2016
sCun:

This is one of the saddest stories in modern Nigeria ,a sleepy Niger village decides to arm and mobilize it self after multiple Fulani raids and suddenly the Nigerian Army appears as usual to disarm them just to pave way for the Murderous fulanis ..when will Nigeria Army even attempt to disarm just a single Fulani man

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by PaulIdu: 9:04am On Aug 07, 2016
sultaan:

Third pics show some home made revolver pistols used by kids to play cowboys and indians, followed by a row of home made contraption probably used to start a race or scare off wild animals. empty cans with holes

All these amount to farmers, rat hunters, kids playing western movies and possibly a local dance troupe made into front page thread?!!

Those long barrelled shot gun revolvers didn't even have triggers on them .. well the Joke is on the Nigerian Army for fooling itself ..how do they explain how they lost 13 men and an officer to these crude weapons?

2 Likes

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 07, 2016
sunkoye:
I believe it's more lethal if you throw it at sum1 cheesy

Funny weapons. I think they would be more dangerous to the shooter. These are the sort that jams or explode and burn the hand of the user.

1 Like

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by pythonkid(m): 10:56am On Aug 07, 2016
Kill them all.. Question Gej because he's thier sponsorer... Gej is a slow poison and a silent killer
Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2016
This should be the job of the Nigerian Police. Oh! I forgot,they are too busy collecting 20naira and shooting unarmed protesters.

1 Like

Re: Weapons Recovered In Niger State From Local Gun Runners & Armed Bandits. PICS by Sunnycliff(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
So much arms proliferation in this nation! Anything like civil war in this nation will lead to many casualties!

Our porous borders and law enforcement agents full of corruption aren't helping out at all!

God save his people!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omisore Declares Support For APC In Osun Rerun (Video) / PDP Governors, Saraki In Osun For Mega Rally Tomorrow / Femi Fani Kayode: I Will Never Join APC, Till Jesus Comes (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.