Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,237 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Gay Church In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Church In Nigeria (32274 Views)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Nigerian Gay Church Reopens: Alleluia! / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Gay Church In Nigeria by shawn123: 8:02am On Jul 18, 2008
was watching cnn yesterday night and say a report on homosexual church in Nigeria with interviews, now here is the link http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/07/17/purefoy.nigeria.gay.church.cnn had to check the cnn website this morning as i woke up feeling it was a dream. I dont understand humman beings, i really dont. Its soo clear that in christianity homosexuality is not allowed, why cant they just form their own religion?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2008
My Goodness, that is ridiculous  lipsrsealed
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by samba123(m): 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2008
this issue are now common among the christian, they have allowed to marry the same sexest, call it what ever you like and they say's Freedom of choice.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 4:42am On Jul 27, 2008
Hmmm maybe there is hope for us.

Kudos to the Rev for his bravery, he is a true pioneer.
Maybe one day everyone will be allowed to be themselves, without the shroud of religion.

-Feministic
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by SeanT21(f): 4:57am On Jul 27, 2008
Gay and Church do not belong in the same sentence.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 5:15am On Jul 27, 2008
Gay and Church do not belong in the same sentence.

I agree, since gay people are a peaceful minority that have no effect on anyone but themselves.

While Christian church goers are generally misogynist, hypocritical, elitist, sexist , conformist bullies, that love power and dominance more then they do their beloved sky "god".

But they need a shroud right now, and if they have to go to church to be recognized then hey,

[b]someone pass the wine [/b]cool
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by SeanT21(f): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2008
Feministic:

I agree, since gay people are a peaceful minority that have no effect on anyone but themselves.

While Christian church goers are generally misogynist, hypocritical, elitist, sexist , conformist bullies, that love power and dominance more then they do their beloved sky "god".

But they need a shroud right now, and if they have to go to church to be recognized then hey,

[b]someone pass the wine [/b]cool

Why dont the muslims stay in their corner? hmmm.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2008
I'm not a Muslim. smiley
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2008
Feministic,

Your new username will not hide you.

Gay people are an unnatural and unhealthy minority

which we shouldnt allow to infect all other facets of our society
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by mosunade(f): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2008
most gay people will find themselves in heaven if they do the right thing - while you here - who is not gay will sit down nd criticise everything good - even gays going to church - watch.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HRhotness(f): 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2008
Its called freedom of choice. . . who are we to judge?

Homosexuality is not a disease, it is simply a sexual preference. . . we need to learn to be more tolerant!
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2008
Gay people will find themselves in heaven.

So also will murderers, pedophiles,and any other person who dosnt acknowledge his/her sins

and pray for repentance

infact there will be a red carpet and drumroll.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by SeanT21(f): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2008
If Gay people find themeselves in heaven, Then Adolf Hitler is probably hangin out with Moses.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2008
Feministic,

Your new username will not hide you.

Gay people are an unnatural and unhealthy minority

which we shouldnt allow to infect all other facets of our society

Uhm, what? Do you think I'm someone you know?

Infect? Homosexuality is not a disease, It doesn't require recruitments or followers, they just want to go about their lives in peace without worrying.
Minorities that try to victimize other minorities are pathetic, lets not forget that people of african descent were once the scapegoats of society, Will it take us the same amount of centuries to realize our mistakes?

Its called freedom of choice. . . who are we to judge?

Homosexuality is not a disease, it is simply a sexual preference. . . we need to learn to be more tolerant!

I agree, sexuality is a choice and why anyone who was not comfortable with their choice would care, baffles me. People should not be able to effect other peoples lives the way Nigeria has been trying to for homosexuals. It's not only conformist, unnecessary and embarrassing.

If Gay people find themselves in heaven, Then Adolf Hitler is probably hangin out with Moses.

People have thought so, since Adolf Hitler persecuted gay people as well, not surprising since when you hate one minority for pointless reasons, its more than easy to hate others. Oppression rarely changes tactics, its the mask that has variety. Try comparing people like; idi amin, stalin, hitler, lenin to the new spread of the homophobia in churches, schools, governments, etc , you may notice some stark similarities.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Gamine(f): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2008
Sexual preferences shouldnt be made into a political box.

The outside world shouldnt care what you do within.

Homosexuality being a Sexual preference dosnt make it healthy or natural
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2008
The bible does not support homosexual poking. gays beware!
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 11:57pm On Jul 27, 2008
Sexual preferences shouldnt be made into a political box.

The outside world shouldnt care what you do within.

Homosexuality being a Sexual preference dosnt make it healthy or natural

I agree with the first two statements since, "tolerance" is usually an easier goal than "acceptance", a lot of people think that if they completely leave gay people alone, that they will rise up like some demon and "infect" society with it cheesy, when in actuality, heterosexuals have done a better job of that already.

As for the last comment; who knows for sure? as society goes on we learn more things but IMO your sexuality can be as fluid as you allow it to be, the only thing that is proved biologically is that as humans we are able to experience different levels of sensuality and happiness, it varies with people and as long as it doesn't after anyone else, who really cares what you are doing or how "healthy or natural" it is? There are no laws from stopping alcoholics or smokers from doing what [i]they [/i]do.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 12:52am On Jul 28, 2008
What did christian churchgoers do to deserve the unhealthy aversion from you?  This is absurd. Now you see the reason for the raucous conclusion that you feminists can't argue objectively without resorting to insults.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 1:13am On Jul 28, 2008
the question is wat if u were gay? wld u deny urself rights, wld u treat urself differently like a cast out and all although wats with gay pple being sausy sef?
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Gabry(f): 1:40am On Jul 28, 2008
Theres a Gay church? Oh WOW! How cool is that Than I would love to visit one day. LOVEEEEEE Gay people! grin
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Joseph6(m): 1:44am On Jul 28, 2008
ok u do realise u just sounded extremely sarcastic
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Gabry(f): 1:46am On Jul 28, 2008
I am But. . . . I really do love gay people. . . . sad HONEST
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 1:47am On Jul 28, 2008
What did christian churchgoers do to deserve the unhealthy aversion from you? This is absurd.

The same way that followers of the "Prince of Peace" can pick and choose who to treat well and who to treat like dirt. Also, the fact that the Bible's many contradictions and inhumane text have allowed it to be used by many power structures as a scare tactic to keep the masses in control and in the dark. People of african descent, slaves, women, poor people, rich people, gay people and many others have all been persecuted due to the manipulators of this rigid belief system. The worst is that after doing all of that, many feel free to sweep other "sins" under the rug (premarital sex, infidelity, lying, etc), accepting them as "natural" or "inevitable" and continue to preach about "love" and "peace" ( i.e: God forgives all sins, blah, blah, blah). Lets face it: many "Christians" beliefs don't coincide with Christ teachings. Which is why they skip over the "love your neighbor" part in the Bible and go right part they claim "prove" their hateful opinions concerning sexuality. There are very few people that really live up to Christ's teachings and even they can tell you it's more than rare that they ever see other "real Christians".
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HRhotness(f): 1:54am On Jul 28, 2008
Feministic:

The same way that followers of the "Prince of Peace" can pick and choose who to treat well and who to treat like dirt. Also, the fact that the Bible's many contradictions and inhumane text have allowed it to be used by many power structures as a scare tactic to keep the masses in control and in the dark. People of african descent, slaves, women, poor people, rich people, gay people and many others have all been persecuted due to the manipulators of this rigid belief system. The worst is that after doing all of that, many feel free to sweep other "sins" under the rug (premarital sex, infidelity, lying, etc), accepting them as "natural" or "inevitable" and continue to preach about "love" and "peace" ( i.e: God forgives all sins, blah, blah, blah). Lets face it: many "Christians" beliefs don't coincide with Christ teachings. Which is why they skip over the "love your neighbor" part in the Bible and go right part they claim "prove" their hateful opinions concerning sexuality. There are very few people that really live up to Christ's teachings and even they can tell you it's more than rare that they ever see other "real Christians".

Point!!!
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 2:20am On Jul 28, 2008
@topic
the problem with religion and religious believes in this day and age is the grey area that exists,in the xtian religion that i grew up with it was either right or wrong and being gay,just like stealing,idol worshipping,paedophilia e.t.c are sins before GOD and shouldnt be associated with christianity,like the babalawos do,they can have their own gay religion without staining christianity with it, you wont allow paedophiles to set up their church or people that practice bestiality,necrophilia e.t.c so why should we in the name of political correctness go against the word of GOD,its plain wrong and being gay is unnatural,same as being psychotic or other illnesses connected to the brain
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 28, 2008
Does that mean that it'll be a women only church or men only church?

Or will it be both women and men, just gay?

Wouldn't it be same as regular church?

This whole gay church thing na waste of building jare. Just go to a regular church and worship Goid, then go back home.

ppl and their way of wasting money.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 2:35am On Jul 28, 2008
Feministic:

Omg  shocked  shocked You're going bonkers here.  I asked why you insulted christian churchgoers and you still tried to find a way to rationalize your insults?  I have never attacked someone for cupping beliefs different from mine.  I understand that the world is filled with different people who bring different tools to the table, who believe ideas that are different from mine. Do you believe that condemnation is more forceful in changing what you dislike about their methods of loving, as opposed to you perhaps discussing it with them politely that you disagree with what they do?  Even if you disagree with the teachings of christ, become a moslem and let's see if it's any better, ritualist, buddhist, all religions have people who disagree with their teachings.  The Christian religion is not for everyone and we have way too many religions for you to choose which one you would rather believe.   The people you should be attacking are religious extremists who go way overboard with their religious obsessions which causes them to start killing people.  The christian churchgoers you lumped under one umbrella are way too many to be described the way you did.  Amongst them are kind people, loving husbands, beautiful mothers, good samaritans, miracle workers sweet hearts, etc.  Would you glorify people calling your children bastards when you know you're their mother and you had them in wedlock? Of course not, you would be mad.

The people here who oppose this thought of a "Gay Church" are against it because it violates the morals written in the bible.

It's alright.  The bible has predicted all these things you have said.  We have been told that Christ's beloved sons will be hated by the world.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 2:36am On Jul 28, 2008
@topic
the problem with religion and religious believes in this day and age is the grey area that exists,in the xtian religion that i grew up with it was either right or wrong and being gay,just like stealing,idol worshipping,paedophilia e.t.c are sins before GOD and shouldnt be associated with christianity,like the babalawos do,they can have their own gay religion without staining christianity with it, you wont allow paedophiles to set up their church or people that practice bestiality,necrophilia e.t.c so why should we in the name of political correctness go against the word of GOD,its plain wrong and being gay is unnatural,same as being psychotic or other illnesses connected to the brain

Questions
Should a dying poor child steal from a fat greedy rich man?
Does the "sin" of "idol worshiping" condemn our african ancestors to "Hell"?
Pedophilia? Like when Men used to marry girls as young as 16 and start families with them?

There are very few obvious "rights" and "wrongs" in this world, since each one changes with every situation. No on asked racist, sexist, or homophobic xtians "to have their own religion" without staining Christ's name with it, so why are gay people the ones being cast out here? Religion, for many people, is just another way to back up their own hateful bias.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 2:49am On Jul 28, 2008
Omg Shocked Shocked You're going bonkers here. I asked why you insulted christian churchgoers and you still tried to find a way to rationalize your insults? I have never attacked someone for cupping beliefs different from mine. I understand that the world is filled with different people who bring different tools to the table, who believe ideas that are different from mine. Do you believe that condemnation is more forceful in changing what you dislike about their methods of loving, as opposed to you perhaps discussing it with them politely that you disagree with what they do? Even if you disagree with the teachings of christ, become a moslem and let's see if it's any better, ritualist, buddhist, all religions have people who disagree with their teachings. The Christian religion is not for everyone and we have way too many religions for you to choose which one you would rather believe. The people you should be attacking are religious extremists who go way overboard with their religious obsessions which causes them to start killing people. The christian churchgoers you lumped under one umbrella are way too many to be described the way you did. Amongst them are kind people, loving husbands, beautiful mothers, good samaritans, miracle workers sweet hearts, etc. Would you glorify people calling your children bastards when you know you're their mother and you had them in wedlock? Of course not, you would be mad.

It's alright. The bible has predicted all these things you have said. We have been told that Christ's beloved sons will be hated by the world.

I didn't insult Christian churchgoers, I was calling out Christian hypocrites. The things that I said were very little opinion, I was recalling actual facts, xtianity is usually used as a "pick and chose" religion, as are most religions.You don't consider homophobes that enforce laws and ideas to control peoples sexual behavior to be religious extremists? IMO, a religious extremist is anyone who uses force to enforce the rules of their religion on anyone else. You don't need to kill people to hurt them, your ridicule and inexplicable hatred are more than enough. Never attacked? What the "gays beware" comment? It seems all too easy for most people to switch from "caring" to hateful when certain topics are brought up.

As for your last comment, try to really think about this, in this society, who is really being condemned? Christianity is a religion that is accepted almost anywhere you go. In the workplace, school, government, etc. The people that are really being condemned are the minorities, poor people, gay people, etc. I've read my bible and Christians back then were treated TERRIBLY, they were beaten, harassed, killed, and they had to hold their meetings in the worst of places. Compare that to the new "modern Christianity" of today. IMO, if you are right, a lot of "followers" are in for a rude awakening,
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by HCH3COO: 3:05am On Jul 28, 2008
Feministic:

I didn't insult Christian churchgoers, I was calling out Christian hypocrites. The things that I said were very little opinion, I was recalling actual facts, xtianity is usually used as a "pick and chose" religion, as are most religions.You don't consider homophobes that enforce laws and ideas to control peoples sexual behavior to be religious extremists? IMO, a religious extremist is anyone who uses force to enforce the rules of their religion on anyone else. You don't need to kill people to hurt them, your ridicule and inexplicable hatred are more than enough. Never attacked? What the "gays beware" comment? It seems all too easy for most people to switch from "caring" to hateful when certain topics are brought up.
That wasn't exactly what you did in your post which is why I pointed it out to you.  You basically said they're blah elitist, blah misogynists, blah this, blah that.  They're also blah great, blah forgiving, blah wonderful, blah loving people.  The reason people here are against this abhorrent propaganda of a "gay church" is that it contradicts what Christianity teaches.   Expect these same sane people to be on their tippy toes when people start a rally to promote something like "Rape Church" because that also violates our teachings.  If there are laws in Nigeria which prevent this from happening I am thankful.  If that makes me hateful, so be it.

As for your last comment, try to really think about this, in this society, who is really being condemned? Christianity is a religion that is accepted almost anywhere you go. In the workplace, school, government, etc. The people that are really being condemned are the minorities, poor people, gay people, etc. I've read my bible and Christians back then were treated TERRIBLY, they were beaten, harassed, killed, and they had to hold their meetings in the worst of places. Compare that to the new "modern Christianity" of today. IMO, if you are right, a lot of "followers" are in for a rude awakening,
Everyone is being condemned.  Life is unfair, so using this argument that minorities are just being unfairly targeted doesn't fly.  You have basically proven that point by attacking the christians here as well.  Everywhere you are there are always people willing to be hostile to send the message that they oppose what you do.  They have their reasons, we have our reasons for throwing jabs at gay people for doing what they do, especially if they're using our Christian mantra which is against it.
It is written clearly in the bible that a man shall not poke another man in the butt; it is detestable.
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Nigeria17: 3:12am On Jul 28, 2008
http://.com

The church care what you do. The bible is clear about Homosexuality, it is a no no.  
Homosexuality and nigeria is a no no, our culture and religion is against it. No one is born a Homosexuality, It is just hollywood trying to make money.
Every society have is rule and the west and CNN should respect Nigeria culture and religion. Homosexuality is a no no In Africa. If we allow it, they we start to ship crack or drug for our people to use.

We do not want to end up like the west , with the highest divorce and drug rate in the world.
I think the president should act fast on this issue. Out right ban of media on this issue. The west is going through hell already for allow it. We do not want to make the same mistake they made.

http://.com
Re: Gay Church In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 3:22am On Jul 28, 2008
That wasn't exactly what you did in your post which is why I pointed it out to you. You basically said they're blah elitist, blah misogynists, blah this, blah that. They're also blah great, blah forgiving, blah wonderful, blah loving people. The reason people here are against this abhorrent propaganda of a "gay church" i[b]s that it contradicts what Christianity teaches. [/b]

and being a hate spewing bigot does nothing to tarnish the image of an alleged Christian? You are still picking and choosing. What leaving judgement for God? What about loving everyone as a human being and as God's creation? Religion is unrealistic because I forgets that people are dynamic and changing, and no matter what they are told to love, they will always condemn what they like. It like when Nietzsche said: "God is Dead". People have killed that fear of God, it no longer keep people away from their yearn to hate.

Expect these same sane people to be on their tippy toes when people start a rally to promote something like "Rape Church" because that also violates our teachings.

the bible actually approves of rape, you might want to take a closer look at Judges 21:10-24 , Deuteronomy 22:28-29, 2 Samuel 12:11-14 , amongst others where rape is seen as "not so bad" and sometimes the right thing to do.

If there are laws in Nigeria which prevent this from happening I am thankful. If that makes me hateful, so be it.

See how good it feels and how much easier it is to hate and condemn based on your own fears and desires? I'm not sure what this mess in the Bible is all about your many duty on earth being to love everyone and not to judge people,

"Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law."

Bullshit, right?

Everyone is being condemned. Life is unfair, so using this argument that minorities are just being unfairly targeted doesn't fly. You have basically proven that point by attacking the christians here as well. Everywhere you are there are always people willing to be hostile to send the message that they oppose what you do. They have their reasons, we have our reasons for throwing jabs at gay people for doing what they do, especially if they're using our Christian mantra which is against it.

Yea, that argument would work if Modern Christians were actually a minority. They are not nearly as condemned as other groups can you really compare the violence that other minorities receive to what M/C's experience?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Chris Oyakhilome To Host Benny Hinn In Lagos. October 27 - 29 / Christainity Is The Largest Religion In Nigeria- 2014 Statistics / Bishop Alexander Ezeugo Ekewuba Is Dead! (Overcomers Christian Mission Owerri)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.