Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? (42327 Views)

Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before / Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by WhatOnEarth: 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
HCpaul:

I believe in the existence of a higher being (aliens), a superior Cosmo (the multiverse) and in other greater things that are subject to empirical and testable observations and scientific explanations and predictions.

Don't think you can fool a lot of people with your many strange words, 'cosmo, multiverse, empirical, bla bla bla.' Exactly which of these do you have solid evidence for; which science btw?

I guess star wars is the evidence you would provide as proof. Ja Ja Binks crew.....

If you knew a lot of science you would know that the most popular viewpoint is that of THE BIG BANG. Well, how do you get a big bang without a BIG BANGER? No to mention that this view doesn't answer the question of where did the infinitely dense singularity came from in the first place.

When you see a beautiful house you deduce immediately that somebody made it. Now you see a wonderful world and you abandon logic. How's that for being bias.

3 Likes

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by uvalued(m): 1:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
ok
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by springer: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
The Simplest Question That Does NOT Require Long Episode Or Radical Reasoning. Answer: God Was, Is, & Will Be EVERYWHERE Because GOD Is OMNI-PRESENCE. He Was At Everywhere When He Created EVERYTHING Including SOMEWHERE Called Heaven & Hearth. Proof? In The Beginning Was The WORD, The WORD Was With GOD, And GOD Was The WORD. The WORD Created EVERYTHING To The Exclusion Of NOTHING. No Evidence Or Witness Needed Because Rep Ipsa Loquitor.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by fcvklies: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
When he turned 50, Einstein granted an interview in which he was asked
point-blank, do you believe in God?

“I am not an atheist,” he began.

“The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the
position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in
many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books.
It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they
are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the
arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to
me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God.
We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but
only dimly understand these laws.”
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by batista181(m): 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
GOD IS HE WAS HE ALWAYS WILL BE
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by flamingREED(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
HCpaul:

Sigh!!!

But both are composed of tangible components that are real, physical, can be seen, ken and are kin to evidence and reality. They are not as abstract, intangible and unkenned as the Biblical myths in which God is the figure.

Are radio waves visible and tangible?

But God is tangible.

Moses saw Him.

The Holy Spirit descended like a dove on Jesus and as cloven tongues of fire on the apostles_

Christ was tangible.

The angels held Lot and his family with tangible hands.

I tangibly felt the wind of God rush steadily into my heart once I prayed'

I've tangibly felt His presence

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by sekundosekundo: 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
@op, The same place you were when your parents got married.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
If a man can use another man's blood for ritual,why would science doubt the existence of God...if I don see science proof for ritual I will be an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
Proffdada:
what is greater than infinity?
undecided
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by NairaMaster1(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
God was surely with you when he did that, and that's why you're alive today.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Oahray: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
hahn:

Lol. An imaginary realm you mean grin tongue
not any more imaginary than white holes, time travel, multiverses, the big bang and many other widely accepted theories tongue
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Slimszy: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
I think its high time we started according difference between logic and spirituality.... Its has come to knowledge through my touch Medieval history and theocratic history that such accounts or events are not verifiable since God is the sole proprietorship of every cause.... Believe it or not....if u sought to keep asking questions about the spiritual realm you are just wasting your time because his deeds are unverifiable that is why he is God and responsibile for every actions of man... Believe whatever you seem to believe and stop questioning spirituality!
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2016
martinsadnan11:
If a man can use another man's blood for ritual,why would science doubt the existence of God...if I don see science proof for ritual I will be an atheist.
so you believe someone's blood can give you money?
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by phenase(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ask the missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to know how God came into existence.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lilimax:
God was everywhere before He created the heavens and the earth

God is Self-existent.
God’s self-existence is referred to as His aseity (from the Latin words a + se, which mean “existence
derived from itself, having no other source”) embarassed
god can be self existening but universe can't self existing without anything creating it?
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by SUCCESSCHINEX(m): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
Atheist are only striving for something that their names will be attached to all in the name of creating history or discovering.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by sekundosekundo: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
HCpaul:

I love the question just that the popular Christians on nairaland are coming to provide an informative answer.

God - The uncreated creator.

God - The beginning and the end.

God - The first and the last.

God - A fragment of idea in the Christians mind.

Imagine! Immortality created mortality. Just sounded some how.

I remember when I was an atheist. The most brainwashed people on earth.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
Oh God! Not again sad

@op eternity scares me
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by chinli(m): 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
End time thread
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by AlphaCentauri: 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
winj3:
Many blacks especially Africans will remain mentally underdeveloped for a very very long time because their minds are stgnant and unscientific.
Technology, science and human development continue to elude black Africans because of their mental limitations.

The rubbish you read here about God attests to that.
whats your point ? that God does not exist ?
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Temysteve(m): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
HCpaul:

When arguments are getting out of hand the Christians on nairaland deviate by polluting the platform with abusive words. Well, am not surprise since your religion had captured your brain and leaving you to your own delusion.

I know the meaning of eternal and the universe has clearly demonstrated this to humanity by not leaving us without evidence "whether of truth or of certainty" and has also expressed this to humanity by making us to understand that we are part of the universe but 'just an homo sapient though'.

Like I used to say, I believe in the existence of a higher being (aliens), a superior Cosmo (the multiverse) and in other greater things that are subject to empirical and testable observations and scientific explanations and predictions.

If your God is eternal then let's wait till he fully gets into human explanations and not devine narrations where it is fictitiously documented.

If your God is self-created then he actually evolved and of which theory you always proved wrong. The universe is eternal and sempiternal while the God's ideology is ephemeral.
you just sounded foolishly!!
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2016
jide219:
They ask question make nor get answer, make heaven first den ask Baba God
cheesy How e go make heaven, when God no dey exist for him side?...some day God will definitely show that guy himself, with this mentality.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by nyabinghi(m): 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Software202:

I purposely share this article on Nairaland because I know several different heads come hear. Christians, Muslims, the Hindus, Sikhism worshipers, Jainism, Judaism worshipers and so on.

-- BUT LISTEN TO THE FACT --

I am not trying to criticize any religion, But I have to tell the truth, Jesus Christ is the only way! [John 14:6], GOD is real, heal is real, eternity is real!!!
lies from the pits of hell, jesus is the only way for christians. Allah is the only way for human beings and jesus himself.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by AlphaCentauri: 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
FUCKmeHARD:
Pls can some one tell me the name of Gods Wife. Since he has a Son. There should be a wife and extended family members! Urgent!
Gods wife is Aphrodite and Dionysus wink
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by sunshine99(f): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
There is NO god.

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by lexyclasy: 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
Software202:

This has been a question that keeps pondering my mind ever since I know that Heaven and Earth were created by God. It has been a question even some spiritual men of God find it difficult to answer. Many has said; that is not a question to deal with because ‘You cannot tell the history of your creator’. That is very true, but I tell you today that you can tell the history of your creator 'if you here the story from the right source (Holy Spirit).

Tracing it back from the Holy Book: [Gen 1:1] – “In The beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”. The book of Genesis Chapter 1 and 2 made us understand how creatures were made by God, both living and non-living. “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” – John 1:3 [NKJV].

This was a very great insight from the Book of John, it made it known to us that everything in heaven and on earth, including the heaven and the earth, were created by the Almighty God. “And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind...” The mystifying words from John 1:3 is what people kept puzzling till today. Some would even argue it is not true because we are now in the Technology evolution, massive developments have been introduced: ranging from the production of intelligent computers, smartphones, robotic devices, electronic gadgets and more. – Question: How then are these things made by God? – That’s a very good question to tackle with. Remember that this saying is very correct, just that we need some understanding to agree with it, understanding that sometimes needs that interference of the Holy Spirit to get.

God made man in his own image [Gen1:27], and the fact is that: all these artificial inventions were made by man. Technology as so called doesn’t arrive at once, it is based on building principles upon existing principles. Abacus was made around 500 B.C – Blaise Pascal invented the first programmatic mechanical calculator (built on the theory of Abacus), decades later, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz came up with a similar but slightly advanced machine. Technology is gradually advancing till this day. No one is the climax of knowledge except the Almighty God. God is the best psychologist, philosopher, technologist and philanthropist. No technology was made in his absence. He contributed to it all! He gives us the brain to do them, the natural resources we use – No Technology was made in the absence of natural resource, without him nothing is possible, without God nothing was made; even men were created by God and without the existence of men, there will be no existence of TECHNOLOGY from men. Question Answered..

Where Was God Before The Heaven and Earth Were Created?
The true answer to this question can be found in the Holy Bible. I can figure out two occurrences in the Bible that points out where God was before he created heaven and earth. These passages are not strange to a good Bible reader, just that you don’t really know they are giving you a golden answer to this great question.

Thank God I was opportune to sit under the Bible Lecture of a great Man of God Prophet Agbekeloluwa Falola, who taught us with the Topic 'Where Was God Before He Created Heaven and Earth?'. The question baffles our mind, he asked many of us, he even said he promised us a gift if we get the answer, but no one was on the way that day, he explains to us as directed by the Holy Spirit and everyone felt like we won a promo! If this has been a question that baffles your mind also, stay calm! The answer is here.

The book of Gen 1:8 made it known to me that there are two types of heavens – “And God called the firmament Heaven”. The firmament is one heaven, the second one, which is mostly referred to as heaven is the Kingdom of God – the eternity. Eternity as we Christians know; is a place to spend our eternal life. It is a place prepared for the holy ones, those that fight through the mysteries of this world and make it through!

So where does God stay? – Oh! Dear reader, this is a question I have answered in the previous paragraph but you are not conscious to know. Don’t worry I believe reading through this paragraph will give you a clear understanding of God’s abode. Now get rid of your Bible and open to: [Proverb 8:22] 22. “The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23. “I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning or ever the earth was.
24. “When there were no depths , I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
26. “Before the mountains were settled, before the heals was I brought forth.”

From the 23rd verse, the answer was revealed: everlasting. Everlasting is however also called “Eternity”. That is the place of our God Almighty.

God lives in eternity. Eternity is where he has prepared for us to dwell. That was why he sent his only son Jesus Christ [John 3:16] to die for our sins, sanctify us and save the lives of we sinners. Jesus Christ himself confirmed it in John 14:2. The eternity is the most wonderful place ever, it is an everlasting residence. Everything there is different from the Earth’s. The most amazing fact about it is that: It has no Day or Night, no death, no Sleep, living happily forever, the glory of God shall be the light of everywhere in the eternity.

One more message to note: Not everyone will qualify to dwell with God in the eternity, only those that do the will of God. Those that accept Jesus Christ as their lord and personal saviour – the holy ones in short. Sin cannot take you there, you must be free from all your sins.

You can also be part of this wonderful opportunity. Yes you can! God loves you and wants to you to change your ways for good. Recite this if you are ready to dwell in eternity. "I hereby agree that I am a sinner, and that no sinner will receive your favour. – I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Saviour. Lord Jesus, I want you to come and take over my life. Lead me through the way to eternity, teach me your ways and let me be counted worthy” – Amen.
[source from http://9jaspot.com/362/Where-Was-God-Before-The-Heaven-and-Earth-Were-Created-]
Let them keep searching for God, the more they look the less they see, God is Spirit, before the creation of Heaven and Earth God existed alongside his Angels, The Earth was Void completely empty without Form, Darkness was all over the surface of the Deep Filled with water, And the Spirit of God was Hovering over the Waters......It is God who now said "Let us make Man in our own Image and Likeness" Take note God and Angels were in existence before the creation of Heaven and Earth.....Were his spirit was Hovering on the formless and shapeless nature call Earth....So take home here is that God is Spirit and was still dwelling in the world before Heaven and Earth was made manifest Read Gen.1:1-31 and Gen.2:1-7

2 Likes

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by greggng: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
There re two questions you don't ve to ask God cos He is God ie who created God? And the one you ve just asked
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by obongkaks: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2016
I Timothy 6:16 says God is alone is immortal and he dwells in a place of unapproachable light where no man can see
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by kayo80(m): 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
Software202:

I purposely share this article on Nairaland because I know several different heads come hear. Christians, Muslims, the Hindus, Sikhism worshipers, Jainism, Judaism worshipers and so on.

-- BUT LISTEN TO THE FACT --

I am not trying to criticize any religion, But I have to tell the truth, Jesus Christ is the only way! [John 14:6], GOD is real, heal is real, eternity is real!!!

Nonsense. This is the type of talks that causes hate between people of different religions, and eventual terror attacks and wars.
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by NgreadNews(m): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Software202:

This has been a question that keeps pondering my mind ever since I know that Heaven and Earth were created by God. It has been a question even some spiritual men of God find it difficult to answer. Many has said; that is not a question to deal with because ‘You cannot tell the history of your creator’. That is very true, but I tell you today that you can tell the history of your creator 'if you here the story from the right source (Holy Spirit).

Tracing it back from the Holy Book: [Gen 1:1] – “In The beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”. The book of Genesis Chapter 1 and 2 made us understand how creatures were made by God, both living and non-living. “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” – John 1:3 [NKJV].

This was a very great insight from the Book of John, it made it known to us that everything in heaven and on earth, including the heaven and the earth, were created by the Almighty God. “And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind...” The mystifying words from John 1:3 is what people kept puzzling till today. Some would even argue it is not true because we are now in the Technology evolution, massive developments have been introduced: ranging from the production of intelligent computers, smartphones, robotic devices, electronic gadgets and more. – Question: How then are these things made by God? – That’s a very good question to tackle with. Remember that this saying is very correct, just that we need some understanding to agree with it, understanding that sometimes needs that interference of the Holy Spirit to get.

God made man in his own image [Gen1:27], and the fact is that: all these artificial inventions were made by man. Technology as so called doesn’t arrive at once, it is based on building principles upon existing principles. Abacus was made around 500 B.C – Blaise Pascal invented the first programmatic mechanical calculator (built on the theory of Abacus), decades later, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz came up with a similar but slightly advanced machine. Technology is gradually advancing till this day. No one is the climax of knowledge except the Almighty God. God is the best psychologist, philosopher, technologist and philanthropist. No technology was made in his absence. He contributed to it all! He gives us the brain to do them, the natural resources we use – No Technology was made in the absence of natural resource, without him nothing is possible, without God nothing was made; even men were created by God and without the existence of men, there will be no existence of TECHNOLOGY from men. Question Answered..

Where Was God Before The Heaven and Earth Were Created?
The true answer to this question can be found in the Holy Bible. I can figure out two occurrences in the Bible that points out where God was before he created heaven and earth. These passages are not strange to a good Bible reader, just that you don’t really know they are giving you a golden answer to this great question.

Thank God I was opportune to sit under the Bible Lecture of a great Man of God Prophet Agbekeloluwa Falola, who taught us with the Topic 'Where Was God Before He Created Heaven and Earth?'. The question baffles our mind, he asked many of us, he even said he promised us a gift if we get the answer, but no one was on the way that day, he explains to us as directed by the Holy Spirit and everyone felt like we won a promo! If this has been a question that baffles your mind also, stay calm! The answer is here.

The book of Gen 1:8 made it known to me that there are two types of heavens – “And God called the firmament Heaven”. The firmament is one heaven, the second one, which is mostly referred to as heaven is the Kingdom of God – the eternity. Eternity as we Christians know; is a place to spend our eternal life. It is a place prepared for the holy ones, those that fight through the mysteries of this world and make it through!

So where does God stay? – Oh! Dear reader, this is a question I have answered in the previous paragraph but you are not conscious to know. Don’t worry I believe reading through this paragraph will give you a clear understanding of God’s abode. Now get rid of your Bible and open to: [Proverb 8:22] 22. “The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23. “I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning or ever the earth was.
24. “When there were no depths , I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
26. “Before the mountains were settled, before the heals was I brought forth.”

From the 23rd verse, the answer was revealed: everlasting. Everlasting is however also called “Eternity”. That is the place of our God Almighty.

God lives in eternity. Eternity is where he has prepared for us to dwell. That was why he sent his only son Jesus Christ [John 3:16] to die for our sins, sanctify us and save the lives of we sinners. Jesus Christ himself confirmed it in John 14:2. The eternity is the most wonderful place ever, it is an everlasting residence. Everything there is different from the Earth’s. The most amazing fact about it is that: It has no Day or Night, no death, no Sleep, living happily forever, the glory of God shall be the light of everywhere in the eternity.

One more message to note: Not everyone will qualify to dwell with God in the eternity, only those that do the will of God. Those that accept Jesus Christ as their lord and personal saviour – the holy ones in short. Sin cannot take you there, you must be free from all your sins.

You can also be part of this wonderful opportunity. Yes you can! God loves you and wants to you to change your ways for good. Recite this if you are ready to dwell in eternity. "I hereby agree that I am a sinner, and that no sinner will receive your favour. – I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Saviour. Lord Jesus, I want you to come and take over my life. Lead me through the way to eternity, teach me your ways and let me be counted worthy” – Amen.
[source from http://9jaspot.com/362/Where-Was-God-Before-The-Heaven-and-Earth-Were-Created-]
hian! this is so obvious. oya feel like one pastor

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by mencer(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
The heaven you are talking about is the one you call SKY (heaven & Earth) its also includes the solar system
Now the Heaven where God inhabits is God Himself (isaiah 57:15).
Re: Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

His claim that atheism made him intelligent is fallacious . Post hoc ergo propter hoc - a logical fallacy which states since event Y followed event X therefore Y must have caused X . Atheism is the belief there is no God ergo its a post hoc fallacy .

Enjoy more info on the wickedness and foolishness of atheism

you are right; man beings sha.

Everything is war and this war is always from trying to force on lifestyle and belief on others who on their own may not give a heck.
pls o,if someone believe in God....perfect.
Believe there is no God......good but in everything,we all got to believe in something that works for us all. Its either one in believe in God,Alien or himself because to believe in nothing at all is dangerous.

Finally, in whatever we believe in, let it not be something that encourages man inhumanity to man but something ....a good life.

We will know the truth or may never come to know the truth. There are things beyond human reasoning.

Believe in whatever you believe and have faith in it because without faith its useless.

As for me, i believe in God and i believe in goodness.
Good life keeps me sane and happy, God remains my drive in life.

Keep your belief to you, if anyone wants it then can borrow but don't rod and lord it on us.

lets wait till the higher beings comes but meanwhile lets enjoy our faith.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Primate Belonwu Ezeanyaeche: Atiku Can't Be President Even If He Contests 20 Tim / Household Of God Pastor, Rev. Kris Okotie Separates from His Wife / I Know Why You Want Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.