Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,080 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:24 PM

When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage (589 Views)

6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage / Photos From Marriage Proposals On Valentine's Day / Prostitutes Shamed Man Publicly For Running Away After Night Of Marathon Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage by marvelck: 6:37am On Aug 08, 2016
There are guys, who seem to be scared of commitment. Once their girlfriend start talking or pestering them about marriage, they get so uncomfortable. Some guys are even ready to dump such a girl and move on to another girl, just to avoid being pressurized into getting marriage by any girl. They tend to run away from it, as if getting marriage would take away a lot from them...
Re: When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage by DRISKLEF(m): 6:51am On Aug 08, 2016
I dont get your point?
Re: When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage by DjAndroid: 6:58am On Aug 08, 2016
marvelck:
There are guys, who seem to be scared of commitment. Once their girlfriend start talking or pestering them about marriage, they get so uncomfortable. Some guys are even ready to dump such a girl and move on to another girl, just to avoid being pressurized into getting marriage by any girl. They tend to run away from it, as if getting marriage would take away a lot from them...
And your point is?
Re: When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 08, 2016
Cos we want to be sure we arrived on that decision by ourselves.. What if he hasnt established a solid means of income? When we think of marriage we first think of the extra people we have to carry along and if we will be able.. For myself..i wont just wake up one day and decide to get married if i know theres a potential for my unborn kids to go hungry ...there are things you prepare yourself for..

1 Like

Re: When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage by Juxtified(m): 7:34am On Aug 08, 2016
So a guy should allow himself be forced into marriage when he's not ready? Especially when he's almost 100% sure the lady will have no contribution whatsoever?

3 Likes

Re: When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage by yomi007k(m): 7:34am On Aug 08, 2016
Bluehawk:
Cos we want to be sure we arrived on that decision by ourselves.. What if he hasnt established a solid means of income? When we think of marriage we first think of the extra people we have to carry along and if we will be able.. For myself..i wont just wake up one day and decide to get married if i know theres a potential for my unborn kids to go hungry ...there are things you prepare yourself for..

No mind am...na small pikin mentality dey worry am
Re: When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage by NevetsIbot(m): 7:39am On Aug 08, 2016
as for me. I would never think of marrying a lady if she isn't gonna be a plus. Not that I'll be depending on her to performs special duties but just to know she'll come in handy when help is needed... Emotionally, financially (hardly) and spiritually. Some ladies are so dead emotionally that they can't even uplift a sad mad except using their bodies. Spiritually, most are not reliable... Financially, that's another case completely.

2 Likes

Re: When A Guy Keeps Running Away From Marriage by dilini(m): 8:48am On Aug 08, 2016
marvelck:

How do you come to conclude on your findings. I believe there are plentiful reasons why a guy will not want to be committed to a lady of marriageable age.
1. They may not be financially ready or buoyant to get married
2. They may not be confidently sure the bae's got those motherly qualities required of her
3. Ethnic/Tribal difference: Some families frowns at it when the bae aint from their region per se
4. If bae aint a career lady or probably still fresh in school and the guy cannot wait for her to graduate
5. Her physique may be an ish, her non-communicative skills, could be an introvert, etc...

My 2cents sha....

(1) (Reply)

Someone Please Help Me Understand / What Is Your Greatest Nightmare In A Relationship? / A Lesson From A Game Of Darts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.