Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,273 members, 7,826,060 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa (4893 Views)

Soldiers And IPOB Clash In Abia, Dangote Truck On Fire (Video, Photos) / Youths In Rivers Exchange Gunfire With Soldiers Over Oil Site / Militants Ambush Soldiers In Warri, Kill 2 Soldiers And Six Civilians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by Naijapopular(f): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
BREAKING NEWS:
There is a heavy exchange of gunfir
between militia and the Nigeria Army
ongoing right now in Nembe, Bayelsa
State and a fighter jet was also
sighted just about this moment in
the skies.
While the actual cause of the gun
battle is unknown, it is also
reported that there are scores of
deaths already recorded, including
soldiers.

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/08/breaking-news-soldiers-and-militant.html?m=1

CC: lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by christejames(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
May God see our military men through.. .

17 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by gists: 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2016
hmmmm
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by cktheluckyman: 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
MAY THE SRONGER FIREPOWER WIN!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by ojun50(m): 1:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ok wht is the scores now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
im waiting for more updates, because this is an immature news with no prove. Thank you though

DrabeeyWasHere
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
christejames:
May God see our military men through.. .

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by cktheluckyman: 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
I JUST HOPOE THE SOLDIERS ARE NOT SHOOTING INNOCENT CIVILLIANS UNER THE GUISE OF HUNTING FOR MILITANTS.BECAUSE NA IS ONLY GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO CONFRONTING UNARMED CIVILLIANS

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
richidinho:
May God guide our freedom fighters

who are your freedom fighters?

The Nigeria Army or Millitants?

If they are the Nigeria Army, you shouldn't call them 'freedom fighters'

If you are referring to the millitants as your 'freedom fighters'. Then you are saying they should kill the Nigeria Army doing their job and serving their father's land abi?

I hope it is not the later, but if that is the case...... Then God help your soul.

17 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by fiizznation: 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
cktheluckyman:
I JUST HOPOE THE SOLDIERS ARE NOT SHOOTING INNOCENT CIVILLIANS UNER THE GUISE OF HUNTING FOR MILITANTS.BECAUSE NA IS ONLY GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO CONFRONTING UNARMED CIVILLIANS
Don't worry nobody will harm any civilian that is not a militant. I told you, easy and steady always win the race. Your militants will be dealt with my friend. I'm sorry

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by DozieInc(m): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
OK.. just watching.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by Firstlieutenant(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
Well done boys
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by Noneroone(m): 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
they think these ones are oil vandals
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by Ofemmanu1: 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
cktheluckyman:
MAY THE SRONGER FIREPOWER WIN!!!!
Iseee!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by leofab(f): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
Peace
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by PapiWata: 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
The arrival of ground-attack jet aircraft in the Niger Delta marks the official commencement of a full-scale, no-holds-barred shooting war, the outcome of which will define the very destiny of Nigeria as a nation.

The advance of technology puts many precision tools of war in the hands of federal forces battling today's marshaled aquatic militias, BUT, for purposes of context, the Niger Delta occupies an area FIVE TIMES the size of Vietnam's Mekong River Delta, where, half a century ago, the might of the United States of America's military offensive capability met its match amid the creeks, triple-canopy rain forest, lagoons and deadly swamps that were home to the resilient, resourceful, fearless and determined Vietcong guerrilla forces sent there to wage a prolonged and tortuous war of attrition, under the guidance of seasoned and tested combat strategists of communist north.

Weighing the benefits of advanced combat technology, against the home-turf advantage on the side of the defending amphibious militants, during the prosecution of Nigeria's watery war in the Niger Delta, it is as yet way too early to tell which side of this clash will ultimately prevail when the smoke clears. Suffice to say, however, a new chapter in Nigeria's troubled history has opened on this day, as war's roaring birds of prey unleash their annihilating fire down in tracer-lit arcing streams from above the restless black waters of the Niger Delta.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by GMBuhari: 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
More youths to bury as if na my fault.

The source get yLeg though
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by thekingisback: 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
Don't these militants have rocket launchers that can take out an aircraft? I don't understand. All the same. I greet you guys (NDA) in the name of the struggle. This is the best time to form allies with countries like Russia, North Korea, China and Israel.

Corner them around the creeks cos Nigerian soldiers can't swim. They'll have no other option than to retreat into an open space. NDA can chase them from as far as Bayelsa to Edo. Edos are experts in street fights. The Nigerian army will be totally outnumbered that way.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by richidinho(m): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2016
Drabeey:

If you are referring to the millitants as your 'freedom fighters'. Then you are saying they should kill the Nigeria Army doing their job and serving their father's land abi?

I hope it is not the later, but if that is the case...... Then God help your soul.

NDA stands for NigerDelta millitary u gat?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by usba: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2016
[s]
cktheluckyman:
[/s]

You are obviously a joker, NA only good in killing civilians yet Bokocowards have largely been dealth with! Man learn to shout up and stop siding militancy, violence always ends up in the face of those who play around with it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by ConqueredWest: 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
Is unity by force.?

Don't people have right to their resources.?

May the Just ones win cool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by Litmus: 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2016
It will do no harm for the Nigerian government as well as those people who support the militants in the south to continence the possibility of Bokoharam and militants in the South - and even some aspect of Fulani herdsmen in the middle belt - being one and the same force.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by apcisevil: 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
Drabeey:

I assumed it is the later because they are freedom fighters to liberate the ND from the hausa/fulani soldiers

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by ba7man(m): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2016
cktheluckyman:
If you, a civilian shows this your support close to where the battle is raging, you'll get shot.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by fcvklies: 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
THEY WANT TO SPLIT NIGERIA IN TWO AND MUMU BUHARI IS PLAYING ALONG BY LAUNCHING A FULL SCALE ATTACK THIS EARLY IN HIS REGIME? IF GOODLUCK RESPONDED TO EVERY BOKO HARAM, HERDSMEN AND MILITANTS ATTACK DURING HIS TIME IN OFFICE, DO YOU THINK THE ENTITY NIGERIA WILL STILL BE IN EXISTENCE TODAY?

AFTER THEY WILL SAY THE MAN DOESN'T HAVE SENSE embarassed
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by IrradiatoR: 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
fiizznation:
Don't worry nobody will harm any civilian that is not a militant. I told you, easy and steady always win the race. Your militants will be dealt with my friend. I'm sorry
good response. . .

I wonder how "innocent civilians"( according to him) could be exchanging heavy gunfire with the military
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by ReInstalled(m): 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
fcvklies:
THEY WANT TO SPLIT NIGERIA IN TWO AND MUMU BUHARI IS PLAYING ALONG BY LAUNCHING A FULL SCALE ATTACK THIS EARLY IN HIS REGIME? IF GOODLUCK RESPONDED TO EVERY BOKO HARAM, HERDSMEN AND MILITANTS ATTACK DURING HIS TIME IN OFFICE, DO YOU THINK THE ENTITY NIGERIA WILL STILL BE IN EXISTENCE TODAY?

AFTER THEY WILL SAY THE MAN DOESN'T HAVE SENSE embarassed
was there herdsmen attack on good luck regime?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
They should restrict their madness to south south.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by Oksman(m): 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
Nigeria a nation divided against itself,
...a nation that can not resolve her problems amicably,
...a nation that engages her
citizens in military conflict without ever fighting any external war, From the civil war of the 60s in the east, to the the boko haram war in the northeast, and now the nigerdelta. It just points to one obvious fact, our nation is sick and needs a curative regime and not a prophylactic military approach.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by donbuchi1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
PapiWata:
The arrival of ground-attack jet aircraft in the Niger Delta marks the official commencement of a full-scale, no-holds-barred shooting war, the outcome of which will define the very destiny of Nigeria as a nation.

The advance of technology puts many precision tools of war in the hands of federal forces battling today's marshaled aquatic militias, BUT, for purposes of context, the Niger Delta occupies an area FIVE TIMES the size of Vietnam's Mekong River Delta, where, half a century ago, the might of the United States of America's military offensive capability met its match amid the creeks, triple-canopy rain forest, lagoons and deadly swamps that were home to the resilient, resourceful, fearless and determined Vietcong guerrilla forces sent there to wage a prolonged and tortuous war of attrition, under the guidance of seasoned and tested combat strategists of communist north.

Weighing the benefits of advanced combat technology, against the home-turf advantage on the side of the defending amphibious militants, during the prosecution of Nigeria's watery war in the Niger Delta, it is as yet way too early to tell which side of this clash will ultimately prevail when the smoke clears. Suffice to say, however, a new chapter in Nigeria's troubled history has opened on this day, as war's roaring birds of prey unleash their annihilating fire down in tracer-lit arcing streams from above the restless black waters of the Niger Delta.

Papiwata, you may be wrong to have compared Vietnam war to the ND struggle. Reason been it could be a war fought by government against its own people. And government will still enjoy some support from few niger deltans. Vietnam war was been Vietnam and America. A terrain unknown by the latter. The ND is not completely new to military forces. Think about it...

I share in the ND struggle (control what you produce)... I would have fought for biafra... I served in ND and have lived in ND. it is going to be colossal damage and Buhari/Burutai will not relent until ND is completely damaged. Do you have enough to face you own national military?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Soldiers And Militant Exchange Heavy Gunfire In Bayelsa by policy12: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
God let ur peace reign...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Responds To I Go Dye's Accusations / Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad Says Judiciary Needs Self-Examination / SERAP Sues Lawan, Gbajabiamila Over Alleged Missing ₦4.4 Billion NASS Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.