Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (55956 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
Shaykh Ibn Al-‘Uthaymeen رحمه الله تعالى said:

“We do not exist in this life so that we can live the way animals live: to eat, drink and sleep only. Rather, we exist in order to earn the provision we need for the Hereafter.” [Sharh Al-Kaafiyah Ash-Shaafiyah]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
The prophet(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: "you should be upon truthfulness, verily truthfulness guides to righteousness, and righteousness guides to jannah"

Related by Muslim...

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbuHammaad: 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
Some people claim that innovation (bid'ah) comes in 5 types, obligatory, recommended, permissible, disliked, and forbidden.

Don't be fooled. Shaykh Ash-Shinqeetee told us that this conceptualization, while feigning nuance, is based on a fundamental misunderstanding or even deliberate obfuscation of what innovation actually means. This definition bases its categorization upon the linguistic meaning of innovation, which is the advent of any new thing. But innovation has a well established meaning within the terminology of Islamic scholarship, and that meaning refers to innovation in religious worship only. The term innovation (bid'ah) is thus incorrectly applied to non-religious things, although technically linguistically permissible.

And this is the crux of the argument, people who claim that innovation comes in 5 types are in fact desensitizing you to the danger of innovation in Islam and making it seem less cut-and-dry as it really is.

They almost always refer to the statement of Umar about praying in congregation at night during Ramadan when he called it "a good innovation." Umar was using the word in its linguistic sense, as the meaning within scholarly terminology had not yet been cemented. Moreover, Umar was actually referring to bringing BACK a practice of the Prophet, not starting something new, since Al-Bukhari recorded that the Prophet had prayed night prayers in congregation during Ramadan a few times before stopping the practice for fear of it being seen as something obligatory.

Then they will say: "so should we just ride camels since cars are innovations?!" And to that we say of course not, since non-religious matters don't enter into the definition of innovation according to the scholars in the first place, which is actually the usage in accordance with the meaning given to the word by the Prophet himself, who said, "Every innovation is misguidance."

Due to all this, as the Shaykh told us, the matter is very simple. Innovation, all of it, is forbidden.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
snapscore:
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“Islam began as something strange and will revert to being something strange, so glad tidings to the strangers.” It was said: Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah? He said: “Those who are righteous when the people are corrupt.” Narrated by Abu ‘Amr al-Daani in al-Sunan al-Waaridah fi’l-Fitan (1/25) from the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ood; classed as saheeh

May Allah make us of those who are righteous.

Ameen
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 10:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
AbuHammaad:
S
Due to all this, as the Shaykh told us, the matter is very simple. Innovation, all of it, is forbidden.
Highlighted is pretty much baseless and irresponsible. Thank God you said "Sheikh said".

You dont have to respond actually
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2017
Narration About Fajr Prayer
The Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ) said, “Whoever says at the end of every Fajr prayer, while his feet are still folded, before speaking:
‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allaah, Alone without partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him is the praise. He gives life and causes death, and He is powerful over all things.
لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Lā ilāha illallāh, waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-ḥamdu, yuḥyī wa yumītu, wa huwa alā kulli shay’in qadīr
ten times, then ten good deeds shall be written for him, ten evil deeds shall be wiped away from him, ten degrees shall be raised up for him, and he shall be in security all that day from every disliked thing—and he shall be in protection from Shaitaan—, and no sin will meet him or destroy him that day, except for associating partners with Allaah.”
Saheeh at-Targheeb, 472. At-Tirmidhee, Eng. trans., vol. 6, p. 194.
Narration About Maghrib Prayer
Umaarah bin Shabib As-Saba’i narrated that the Messenger of Allaah ﷺ said, “Whoever says: ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allaah, Alone without partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him belongs the praise. He gives life and causes death, and He is powerful over all things.’
لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
Lā ilāha illallāh, waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-ḥamdu, yuḥyī wa yumītu, wa huwa alā kulli shai’in qadīr
ten times at the end of al-Maghrib—Allaah shall send for him protectors to guard him from Shaitaan until he reaches morning—and Allaah writes for him ten good deeds, Mujibat (Obligating, or necessitating, that is they necessitate that he shall enter Jannah, see Tuhfatul-Ahwadhi) and He wipes from him ten of the destructive evil deeds, and it shall be for him the equal of freeing ten believing slaves.”
Saheeh at-Targheeb, 473. At-Tirmidhee, Eng. trans., vol. 6, p. 243.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
Narated By 'Abdullah : A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! Which sin is the greatest in Allah's Sight?" The Prophet said, "To set up a rival unto Allah though He Alone created you." The man said, "What is next?" The Prophet said, "To kill your son lest he should share your food with you." The man said, "What is next?" The Prophet said, "To commit illegal sexual intercourse with the wife of your neighbor." So Allah revealed in confirmation of this narration:

"And those who invoke not with Allah, any other god. Nor kill, such life as Allah has forbidden except for just cause nor commit illegal sexual intercourse. And whoever does this shall receive the punishment." (25.68)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 11:57am On Apr 06, 2017
Narrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

I heard Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) saying, "The good deeds of any person will not make him enter Paradise." (i.e., None can enter Paradise through his good deeds.) They (the Prophet's companions) said, 'Not even you, O Allah's Apostle?' He said, "Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and mercy on me." So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to Allah."

*[Al-Bukhari Vol. 7 : No. 577].*

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
Allah doesn't make mistakes in His planning. You will not go through a single hardship in this life before attaining ease except that the hardship was just as essential in making you the person you are as the ease is. Stop asking why it happened and focus on how you should respond.
- Shaykh Omar Suleiman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
Been extremely busy so haven't been able to make meaningful posts.

Hope I can start actively posting soon in sha Allah.

In the meantime Khyf halikum
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 3:48am On Apr 07, 2017
snapscore:
Been extremely busy so haven't been able to make meaningful posts.

Hope I can start actively posting soon in sha Allah.

In the meantime Khyf halikum

Nohmudu llah. Same here too. May Allah ease our affairs.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2017
The Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:-

"Support your brother whether he is a wrongdoer or is being wronged." A man said: "O Messenger of Allaah, I will support him if he is wronged but if he is wronging others, how can I support him? He(sallallaahu alayhi wa salaam) said: "By stopping or preventing him from wrongdoing; that is support him."

[Saheeh Al-Bukhari 6952]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
^^
Jazakallahu khyran. Just to add -
That should also be done with wisdom. I remember reading something about admonishing people a while back. The method some people use to correct and admonish others is wrong and they end up achieving the opposite of what is intended.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 08, 2017
the prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa salam said;
be secretive in order to achieve your aim because anyone who is blessed is envied.

(saheehul jaami 943)

Moral: don't be posting all your plans for people.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2017
When we were kids, we wanted beards so much that we applied spirit on our cheeks to grow beards and look like men, now we are grown up and some us shave it to look like boys, what a confused generation....

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
قُلْ مَا كُنتُ بِدْعًا مِّنَ الرُّسُلِ وَمَا أَدْرِي مَا يُفْعَلُ بِي وَلَا بِكُمْ ۖ إِنْ أَتَّبِعُ إِلَّا مَا يُوحَىٰ إِلَيَّ وَمَا أَنَا إِلَّا نَذِيرٌ مُّبِينٌ

Say, "I am not something original among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."

Quran 46:9

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا رَبُّنَا اللَّهُ ثُمَّ اسْتَقَامُوا فَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
Indeed, those who have said, "Our Lord is Allah ," and then remained on a right course - there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.

أُولَٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْجَنَّةِ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا جَزَاءً بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ
Those are the companions of Paradise, abiding eternally therein as reward for what they used to do.

وَوَصَّيْنَا الْإِنسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ إِحْسَانًا ۖ حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ كُرْهًا وَوَضَعَتْهُ كُرْهًا ۖ وَحَمْلُهُ وَفِصَالُهُ ثَلَاثُونَ شَهْرًا ۚ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا بَلَغَ أَشُدَّهُ وَبَلَغَ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً قَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي فِي ذُرِّيَّتِي ۖ إِنِّي تُبْتُ إِلَيْكَ وَإِنِّي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ

And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims."

Quran 46:13-15

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:35am On Apr 11, 2017
Following one's own desires is amongst the destructive acts

The Prophet ﷺ said: "As for the matters that destroy, they are: obeying one’s stinginess, following one’s desires, and for a person to be impressed by his own self." (Al-Bazzaar; Al-Albaani ruled it as sound (Hasan))

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 11, 2017

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
Antidote for Harshness

It was narrated that Hudhaifa (radi Allahu anhu) said: “I was harsh in the way I spoke to my family, but not to others. I mentioned that to the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) and he said, ‘Why don’t you ask for forgiveness? Ask Allah to forgive you, seventy times each day.’” [Sunan Ibn Majah]

In this hadith Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) tells us what to do if we find it difficult to be gentle and loving to those closest to us. He (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) told us to seek forgiveness from Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) many times a day.

This can be a sincere, heart-felt, “Astaghfirullah,” or one of the longer versions mentioned in Ahadith, such as “Astaghfirullaha wa atubu ilaihi.”

Repenting and asking for Allah’s forgiveness are good deeds in themselves because they are a way of feeling and demonstrating servitude to Allah (subhana wa ta’ala). When we consider how small and insignificant we and our Allah-gifted talents are, in comparison to Him, it removes false pride from us that hardens our hearts and makes us arrogant and harsh.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
Select your companion for the Day of Resurrection
"Never does one love a people except that he will be gathered with them on the Day of Resurrection." (At-Tabaraani and Al-Munthiri classified its chain of narration as strong, and Al-Albaani ruled it as authentic)

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
Learnt something new. Thought I would post it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
Salam alaykum sis coccoh

How are you doing?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
The Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said:

"What I fear for you the most is the minor shirk, that is ar-riya (show off). Allah will say on the Day of Judgement when He is rewarding the people for their actions: Go to those for whom you did riya for in the world then see if you find the reward with them."
[Related by Ahmad (5/428, 429) and al-Baghawi in Sharh as-Sunnah (4135) from the hadith of Mahmud bin Lubayd, radiallahu 'anhu, with an authentic chain upon the conditions of Muslim]

The Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said:

"Shall I not inform you of what I fear for you more than the Masih ad-Dajjal? It is the hidden shirk. It is when a man stands up for prayer, then beautifies his prayer for another to look at."
[Related by Ibn Majah (2604) from the hadith of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri,
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
Does showing off mean matters of deen alone or worldly affairs as well?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
snapscore:
Does showing off mean matters of deen alone or worldly affairs as well?

Short definition for shirk;

Giving to one other than Allaah anything at all that is meant for Allaah alone...

This should answer your question...
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Short definition for shirk;

Given to one other than Allaah anything at all that is meant for Allaah alone...

This should answer your question...

Jazakallahu khyran. Btw remember the translation you made on the other thread. Found the same translation today in the Qur'an and I was thinking of posting the pic but I wasn't sure if it will be encouraging an argument.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
snapscore:

Jazakallahu khyran. Btw remember the translation you made on the other thread. Found the same translation today in the Qur'an and I was thinking of posting the pic but I wasn't sure if it will be encouraging an argument.

Wa iyyak.....it was the translation of shakir ba?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2017

1- The purpose of creation was for worshiping Allah. You worship Allah by doing what he has made obligatory and supererogatory whilst staying away from prohibited things.
2- Love of Allah and his messenger (peace and blessing be upon him) is shown through obedience
3- Allah has designated roles to each gender and the society willl be much better if we stop trying to change it. The man is the shephard of his family and the woman responsible for her home. There is a need for people to raise kids who will raise the flags of Islam.
4- The beauty of a woman is in her ability to remain feminine. I feel that these day women are trying to be men.
5- What does it profit a soul to enjoy this duniya and suffer in the akhira?
6- Death is inevitable, what have you prepared for it?
7- If you see something you admire, grab it. Because whilst you are there contemplating on it, someone else will take it right before your eyes.
8- We may like something but it is bad for us and we may dislike something and it is better for us.
9- Contentment isn't found in having wealth and luxuries. For I have seen people with all these, yet their hearts are empty. Contentment is what settles in the heart and can only be gotten from Allah. May Allah grant us contentment.
10- Nobody is perfect, everyone is just striving. If you find out you have flaws in yourself and your relationship with Allah isn't a 100%, don't despair. Accept it and work on it... We are all trying anyways.
11- I need to get off Nl. Feel like I have been too active lately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Wa iyyak.....it was the translation of shakir ba?

I dunno. It didn't mention......Maybe it did. I will have to check it again. I was reading the acknowledgment of those who helped in translateing and publishing and they mentioned something abt transltung carefully. It was where I got the pic I posted from.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
snapscore:

I dunno. It didn't mention......Maybe it did. I will have to check it again. I was reading the acknowledgment of those who helped in translateing and publishing and they mentioned something abt transltung carefully. It was where I got the pic I posted from.

OK.....but by mere looking at his(the guy in the other thread), does it look sincere?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.