Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:34 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (58550 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hmmm......All these reminders about marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be please with him) narrated:

One day when we were with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), there appeared before us a man whose clothes were exceedingly white and his hair was exceedingly black, and there were no signs of travel on him. No one among us recognized him. He came and sat down by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and rested his knees against his and placed the palms on his hands on his thighs. He said: “O Muhammad, tell me about Islam.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam is to testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah, to establish regular prayer, to pay zakaah, to fast Ramadaan and to go on pilgrimage to the House if you are able to.” He said: “You have spoke the truth.” And we were amazed at his asking that and saying that he had spoken the truth. Then he said: “Tell me about eemaan (faith, belief),” He said: “It means believing in Allaah, His angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Last Day, and believing in al-qadar (the divine will and decree), both good and bad.” He said: “You have spoken the truth.” He said: “Tell me about ihsaan.” He said: “It means worshipping Allaah as if you can see Him, and although you cannot see Him, He can see you.” He said: “Tell me about the Hour.” He said: “The one who is being asked does not know more about it than the one who is asking.” He said: “Then tell me about its signs.” He said: “The slave-girl will give birth to her mistress, and you will see the barefoot, naked, destitute herdsmen competing in constructing lofty buildings.” Then he departed and I stayed for a while. Then he said to me: “O ‘Umar, do you know who the questioner was?” I said: “Allaah and His Messenger know best.” He said: “That was Jibreel, who came to teach you your religion.”

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Allaah will build a house in Heaven for whoever is diligent in observing 12 Sunnah Rak'aat (as follows): 4 Rak'aat before and 2 after the Dhuhr (Midday) Prayer, 2 after the Maghrib (Sunset Prayer), 2 after the ‘Ishaa’ (Evening) Prayer and 2 before the Fajr (Dawn) Prayer."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 04, 2017
Ma'n bin Yazid bin Akhnas (May Allah be pleased with them) (he, his father and his grandfather, all were Companions) reported:
My father set aside some dinars for charity and gave them to a man in the mosque. I went to that man and took back those dinars. He said: "I had not intended you to be given." So we went to Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him), and put forth the matter before him. He said to my father, "Yazid, you have been rewarded for what you intended." And he said to me, "Man, you are entitled to what you have taken."

[Al- Bukhari].

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 04, 2017
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated:
Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him) said, "Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but He looks at your hearts and accomplishments".

[Muslim].

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 9:25am On Mar 05, 2017
HOW DO WE DETERMINE IF ALLAH LOVE US?

1. If He give us wealth?
2. If He grant us health?
3. If He give us power?
4. If He give us children?
5. .....?

Shaikh Ali Rantawi says he was wondering if Allah loves him:

So he checked the Quran to see what are the characteristics of the people that Allah has mentioned He loves them.

He discovered that Allah loves *Al_ Muttaqeen* ( the pious ), he says " I wouldn't dare consider myself one of them."

So he continued searching....

Then he found that Allah loves *As sabireen* (the patient). So he remembered; "how impatient I am."

Then he found that Allah loves *Al Mujahideen* (those who strive in His path), so he remembered how lazy and powerless he was.

Then he found Allah loves *Al Muhsineen* (those who do good deeds). So he remembered how far he is from that.

*then He says*
"So I stopped searching to avoid more disappointment. I reflected on my good deeds, I found most of them are mixed with laziness, coldness, flaws and sins.

"Then it came to my mind that Allah loves The *At Tawwabeen* (those who repent). I just figured out it is the one for me and for others like me.

So he said "I started saying ..."

*Astaghfirullah wa atooubu ilaih* in abundance so I could be one of the ones Allah loves."

May we be able to *at least* seek forgiveness often enough to be among those Allah Loves! Ameen!!!

*COPIED*

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
One of the worst diseases a person can have is procrastination. It impacts one's dunya and akhira. In fact, many people will enter the Hellfire because of procrastination; they said they would turn to Allaah's Deen "later". However, Allaah mentions over and over in the Quran about how their lives are taken "baghtatan": suddenly; without warning.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
AbdelKabir:
One of the worst diseases a person can have is procrastination. It impacts one's dunya and akhira. In fact, many people will enter the Hellfire because of procrastination; they said they would turn to Allaah's Deen "later". However, Allaah mentions over and over in the Quran about how their lives are taken "baghtatan": suddenly; without warning.

Allaahu Akbar. May Allaah save us from hell.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Allaahu Akbar. May Allaah save us from hell.

Ameen
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum

AbdelKabir Demmzy15 Rabiushile04 Friendchoice abuhammaad Kazrem

Zariaain kiss

Do you guys have any suggestions about beneficial topics we can write about for this section?

Yes, I gat one. AL WALAU WAL
BARAU......affection towards a believer and aversion towards a disbeliever. In this instance, towards a munafiq-issh folks in NL.

Assalam alaykum warahmatullaah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Yes, I gat one. AL WALAU WAL
BARAU......affection towards a believer and aversion towards a disbeliever. In this instance, towards a munafiq-issh folks in NL.

Assalam alaykum warahmatullaah

Jazakallahu Khyran for your contribution.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
Surah Al-Hajj, Verse 46:
أَفَلَمْ يَسِيرُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ فَتَكُونَ لَهُمْ قُلُوبٌ يَعْقِلُونَ بِهَا أَوْ آذَانٌ يَسْمَعُونَ بِهَا فَإِنَّهَا لَا تَعْمَى الْأَبْصَارُ وَلَٰكِن تَعْمَى الْقُلُوبُ الَّتِي فِي الصُّدُورِ

Have they not travelled through the land, and have they hearts wherewith to understand and ears wherewith to hear? Verily, it is not the eyes that grow blind, but it is the hearts which are in the breasts that grow blind.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
@ Snapscore what's about Tablees iblees (The deceit of Iblees)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
The difference between a google scholar and a real scholar is that: A real scholar would do proper studying and spends years and years of research and read books. While a google scholar doesn't do proper research but rather do a quick search without looking at the reference of where he got his information from nor bother doing a background check on the issue. Most google scholars don't read books but rather watch lectures on the internet for hours and think they got some knowledge
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:08am On Mar 06, 2017
Kazrem:
@ Snap. score what's about Tablees iblees (The deceit of Iblees)

Jazakallahu khyran
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Paradise is surrounded with difficulties, and Hell is surrounded with desires.

Sahih Muslim 2822

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Uthman234(m): 6:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
wa alaiki ssalam this is a good idea. Today i want to postALLAH SWT SAYS* "And warn those that say;
Allaah has taken a son, They
have no knowledge of it, nor
had their fathers; a grievous
word it is that comes out of
their mouths; they speak
nothing but a
lie."{Quran18:4-5}
So in essence saying what
Allaah did not say like Allaah
has protected some people
divinely from error or Allaah
called someone a kafir, and so
on is highly discouraged...
Allaah knows best.....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 07, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 07, 2017
من بدل دينه فاقتلوه

whoever changes his deen, execute him!

There is no freedom of religion, if there was, why were messengers sent? Allaah could've just left every one carry on with their whims and desires, listen to sheikh fawzaan hafidhohullaah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irpEz4b5BV8
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2017
Indeed, [O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided. Qur'an 28:56

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
Surah An-Noor, Verse 21:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَتَّبِعُوا خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ وَمَن يَتَّبِعْ خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ فَإِنَّهُ يَأْمُرُ بِالْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَلَوْلَا فَضْلُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَتُهُ مَا زَكَىٰ مِنكُم مِّنْ أَحَدٍ أَبَدًا وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يُزَكِّي مَن يَشَاءُ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

O you who believe! Follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). And whosoever follows the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan), then, verily he commands Al-Fahsha' [i.e. to commit indecency (illegal sexual intercourse, etc.)], and Al-Munkar [disbelief and polytheism (i.e. to do evil and wicked deeds; to speak or to do what is forbidden in Islam, etc.)]. And had it not been for the Grace of Allah and His Mercy on you, not one of you would ever have been pure from sins. But Allah purifies (guides to Islam) whom He wills, and Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
Mu’adh bin Jabal reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “O Mu’adh, do you know what is the right of Allah upon His servants?” I said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” The Prophet said, “To worship Him alone and to associate none in worship with Him. And do you know what is their right upon Him?” I said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” The Prophet said, “Not to punish them if they do so.”

Source: Sahih Bukhari 6938, Sahih Muslim 30

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 7:57am On Mar 10, 2017
From Abdullah ibn amr ibn 'aas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said to me "yaa abdallah, don't be like so and so that wakes for qiyaamul layl but later abandons it" (Bukhari & muslim)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
Aisha reported: I said, “O Messenger of Allah, shall we not attend the expeditions and fight in jihād alongside you?” The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No, rather the best and most beautiful jihād for you is the Ḥajj, an accepted pilgrimage.”

Aisha said, “I have never missed the Ḥajj pilgrimage ever since I heard this from the Messenger of Allah.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “Women must perform a jihād in which there is no fighting: the Ḥajj and Umrah pilgrimages.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1762

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Bukhari

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2017
Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The best of you are the best to their families, and I am the best to my family. When your companion dies, then do not abuse him.”

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 3895

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to At-Tirmidhi

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
Have you read Sooratul Kahf today?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 11, 2017
Narrated `Abdullaah ibn Zayd ibn Aslam, from his father, from his grandfather, who said: `When I was accompanying `Umar ibn alKhattaab
on his patrol of Madeenah at night, he felt tired, so he leant against a wall. It was the middle of the night, and (we heard) a woman say to her daughter, "O my daughter, get up and mix that milk with some water." The girl said, "O Mother, did you not hear the decree of Amir al-Mu'minin (chief of the believers)today?" The mother said, "What was that?" The girl said, "He ordered someone to announce in a loud voice that
milk should not be mixed with water." The mother said, "Get up and mix the milk with water; you are in a place where `Umar cannot see you." The girl told her mother, "I cannot obey Him (Allaah) in public and disobey him in private." `Umar heard this, and told me: "O Aslam, go to that place and see who that girl is, and to whom shewas speaking, and whether she has a husband." So I went to that place, and I saw that she was unmarried, the other woman was her mother, and neither of them had a husband. I came to `Umar and told him what I had
found out.
He called his sons together, and said to them: "Do any of you need a wife, so I can arrange the marriage for you? If I had the desire to get married, I would have been the first one to marry this young woman." `Abdullaah said: "I have a wife." `Abd al-Rahmaan said: "I have a wife." `Asim said: "I do not have a wife, so let me marry her." So `Umar arranged for her to be married to `Asim. She gave him a daughter, who grew up to be the mother of `Umar ibn `Abd al-`Azeez.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
Abdullah ibn Mas’ud reported: I asked, “O Messenger of Allah, which deed is best?” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Prayer in its proper time.” I asked, “What is next?” The Prophet said, “Good treatment of your parents.” I said, “What is next?” The Prophet said, “Jihād in the way of Allah.” I became silent and if I had asked him more, he would have told me.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 2630, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 85

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
Salam alaykum

Won't mention anyone but tomorrow is Monday.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2017
Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By the one in whose hand is my soul, a time will surely come to people in which the killer does not know why he has killed and the one killed does not know why he was killed.”

Source: Sahih Muslim 2908

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
Sorry for the numerous post but thought I would share this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R3QamOKX7c

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (46) (Reply)

Millions Of Kano Muslims Ignore Social Distancing At Friday Prayers / Muslim Boy Prayers In Front Of RCCG Church / More Photos From Today's Mecca Stampede That Killed At Least 220 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.