Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56305 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2018
^^ I think you should also listen to lectures from the likes of Abu khadeejah, Abu Hakeem bilal Davis, Hassan Somali, Abu Iyaad....they also have their lectures on YouTube, to enjoy their lectures more you'll need SoundCloud app......
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Amoto94(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
AbdelKabir:
^^ I think you should also listen to lectures from the likes of Abu khadeejah, Abu Hakeem bilal Davis, Hassan Somali, Abu Iyaad....they also have their lectures on YouTube, to enjoy their lectures more you'll need SoundCloud app......
Also people can check on Moosaa Richardson on his spreaker account and his bakkah.net website. Abu Abass Yahya is another student of knowledge, he wanted to do a translation of fitna ut-takfeer in some Nigerian languages he told me this in my conversation with him on WhatsApp.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2018
Amoto94:
Also people can check on Moosaa Richardson on his spreaker account and his bakkah.net website. Abu Abass Yahya is another student of knowledge, he wanted to do a translation of fitna ut-takfeer in some Nigerian languages he told me this in my conversation with him on WhatsApp.

Na'am how could I have forgotten these fine brothers...
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 7:42am On Feb 16, 2018
Barakallahu feekum
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 16, 2018
Wa feekum baarak
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
The heart desires what it seeks,
and the soul longs for what it believes.
But what the soul yearns for is nothing but deceptive temptation.
Whoever avowed resisting temptations presented on a platter of gold was easy told a blatant lie.
And whoever claimed caging a ravenous soul was easy told yet another lie.
Yet, is that not what the duniya is….deception and instant gratification?

O you! The servant of Allah, hold on tight to the rope of Allah for the promise of your Lord is true.
The promise of your Lord is real.
So hold prisoner the corrupt desires,
and hold prisoner the ravenous soul.
For it is only for a while.
It is only for a while.

This poem or writing is just about holding on the rope of Allah and believing in Allah's reward. In this duniya you get to see so may thing and sometimes temptations that present themselves as opportunities. In those situations, it is not always easy to say no especially when the "opportunity" keeps presenting itself and everyone else is doing it or people are pressuring you into it. Those time it's easy to feel down and doubt yourself or wonder why it's so hard but jut remember that whoever leaves something for the sake of Allah, HE will compensate him with something better. At the end of the day, the duniya is like a prison to the believer. So hold now for the greater good, so that by the will of Allah you get to stand on the day of Judgement saying I left this solely for your sake Ya Allah.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
Salam alaykum,

I hope this thread is still being read and serving benefit.

I just wondering if there are any sisters that still read this thread who wear the niqab or know a sister that wears the niqab. I am curious about what their experiences are like. What changed after the niqab?

*Note* I am not creating a new thread because I think it might get derailed.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2018
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 20, 2018
So how do you see Abu Khadijah and the other brothers I suggested (if you've listened to them as well)...

By the way I'll suggest you start of listening to his(and the other brothers) lectures specifically on aqeedah and the manhaj of the salafs first, because these are what you need to be strong in salafiyyah and to know who to listen to and who not to from the numerous duaat we have today....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 9:57am On Apr 20, 2018
I have only listened to one of Abu Khadijah's lecture which was the one I posted. I think it was a great reminder.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take it into consideration.
Jazakallahu Khyran.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
Mofpearl:
I have only listened to one of Abu Khadijah's lecture which was the one I posted. I think it was a great reminder.

Jazakallahu Khyran.

Assalamualeikum waramotullah wabarakahtuh. please sister help me with the link to Muslim affairs forum.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
Alennsar:

Assalamualeikum waramotullah wabarakahtuh. please sister help me with the link to Muslim affairs forum.

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu
Here is the link
http://muslimsaffairs.com/
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
Mofpearl:

Jazakallahu Khyran.

If you have SoundCloud, search for "doubts around the dawah" its a series explaining the manhaj in simple terms, given by Abu Hakeem bilal Davies..
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
Couldn't find the full video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myUMkhZJ8x8
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2018
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mofpearl:
Couldn't find the full video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myUMkhZJ8x8

Just check the next video on the list of recommended videos... Its a continuation of this one...
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Just check the next video on the list of recommended videos... Its a continuation of this one...

Which one?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mofpearl:

Which one?

Oh...seems yours isnt arranging it the way it arranged mine...anyway search YouTube using "Lessons on Aqeedah and Manhaj - Part 2 (Day 1)

And it should arrange it in the same way as it is in the attached...

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Oh...seems yours isnt arranging it the way it arranged mine...anyway search YouTube using "Lessons on Aqeedah and Manhaj - Part 2 (Day 1)

And it should arrange it in the same way as it is in the attached...

Thanks.
Jazakallahu khyran.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
Is fasting after the middle of Shaaban haram?

https://islamqa.info/en/13726
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2018

1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:51pm On May 04, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypd1J4pvxhE

Summary

Self-development in this context was used in terms of setting goals and achieving those goals. Failure is part of the cycle and we get to decide if we want out failures to be constructive or destructive. Failure doesn't mean that you give up but it means you have obstacles that prevent you from reaching those goals so you work again to achieve them; kind of like how humans cannot remain sinless. Talks about self-development in terms of talents/skills that people have.
-These skills should be used in ways that they benefit to ummah when people think about self-development

So how can a Muslim develop him/herself?
1)Time management- if we live for 60 yrs, for example, about 20-30 years is spent sleeping, maybe 10-15 years is spent prior to attaining puberty and that leaves us with 15 years to work on self-improvement, worshipping and trying to get closer to Allah. Let's also take into consideration the type of lifestyle that we currently live in where there is a lot of distraction around and we get distracted.
We should have a schedule that we follow. -Make it binding upon yourself by=ut refrain from making oaths to Allah

2) Avoiding sins; sins complicate the affairs

3)Prioritizing and being wise in our priorities; under this relationship with Allah should be a top priority and a person cannot fix his relationship with Allah until he knows Allah.

4) Recognizing our talents and skills; ask yourself what are my talents, potentials that I can work on? After identifying them, start working on enhancing these skills and talents. For example designing, writing etc. Remember to keep in mind that this is done in accordance to the need of Muslims. Do not go into a field that only non-muslims will benefit from. You can invest into some of these talents for the sake of Allah. Don't be all about money.

5) Avoid procrastination; procrastination is a disease.

6) Do not result to the blind following of others; distinguish yourself from the competition. Have your own touch and be different.

7) Do not pay attention to haters; do not be distracted by haters because they will not cease to exists. In dawah giving for example if everyone is in agreement with you then there is something wrong. You might be sugarcoating the truth too much. The more you give the message about the truth, the more people it conflicts with people's desires.

How to get started?
Begin by evaluating one's relationship with Allah, find the loopholes and try to fix it. Have an action plan using the upcoming Ramadan as a phase for improvement. We need to repent. Evaluate our strengths, make a plan. Celebrate little achievements and successes. Have a checklist. Basically, go through a reflective process during the journey

Ends by saying we should make this Ramadan unique and start planning for it. Ramadan is a perfect opportunity to go that extra mile. Let's have the intention from now. If we die before Ramadan, we can get rewarded for our intentions.

*This is my question to you and I am not seeking an answer, what are you planning for Ramadan? How are you planning to achieve it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:42am On May 13, 2018
I really feel sad when people get into the hands of wolves pretending to be sheep and accusing the sheep to be wolves...

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 11:57am On May 16, 2018
Conditions for the Hijab. For sisters only. I found it to be a beautiful reminder.

HERE

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 10:34am On May 20, 2018
Sawm (Fasting) is a shield; so when one of you is fasting they should not speak bad words or be boisterous, and if some person fights or insults them, let them say, 'I am a fasting person.'

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 10:39am On May 20, 2018
Regarding Ramadan;

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah looks at your competition in doing good therein, and boasts of you before His angels. So show Allah goodness from yourselves, for truly the wretched person is the one who is deprived of the Mercy of Allah during this month.

al-Haythami ascribed it in Majma Al. Zawaid Vol 3.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 8:36am On May 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 8:10pm On May 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
Eid Mubarak! I know this is coming late but better late than never
[img]https://media1./images/cbc44bc79771c0cfece5d4a1afdaad47/tenor.gif?itemid=9633229[/img]

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mofpearl:
Eid Mubarak! I know this is coming late but better late than never
[img]https://media1./images/cbc44bc79771c0cfece5d4a1afdaad47/tenor.gif?itemid=9633229[/img]

same to you sister how is your side? please send my meat through instagram o���

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.