Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools (3282 Views)

Panic In Bayelsa State As Parents Withdraw Children From School. / Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach / Church Building Mishap: Akwa Ibom Governor Orders Arrest Of Contractor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2016
The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Ru­fai has stopped senior civil servants in the state from send­ing their children to private schools.

The State Commis­sioner for Education, Prof. An­drew Nock who disclosed this while speaking with newsmen said that plans have been concluded by the state government to restore public schools to their past glory.

According to him, the directive will be en­forced from the next academ­ic session while adding that the af­fected government functionar­ies have been directed to with­draw their children and wards from private schools and pre­pare them for admission into the public schools.

He said, “the state government has given order to all directors to withdraw their children from private schools to our own schools with a view to improving teaching and learn­ing in the schools.
On the failed attempts by successive administrations to implement similar policy.

“Our government is not like the previous ones. What we will do is to monitor it to en­sure that this order is carried to the latter,” he added.

The commissioner also disclosed that as part of the efforts to revamp education in the state, 15 pub­lic secondary schools have been converted to boarding schools with effect from the next ses­sion.

The schools: Queen Amina College, Kadu­na; Government Girls Second­ary School, Kawo; Government Technical College, Malali; Bare­wa College, Zaria; Girls Sci­ence Secondary School, Kwoai.

Also, Government College, Kagoro; Government Girls Secondary School, Soba; Government Col­lege, Saminaka; Rimi College, Government College, Kaduna, Government Secondary School, Kachia; Government Girls’ College, Zonkwa and Govern­ment Secondary School, Giwa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by KELVINXY: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
way to go. thumbs up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by legendsilver(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2016
The short vibrant working governor from the North.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2016
Source
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by OlujobaSamuel: 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
kudos, implement same for healthcare services. other states should take note.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Sunnymatey(m): 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2016
Gud move provided it yield the desired result. All political office holders should tow this part.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by ojun50(m): 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
Keep deceiving yr self

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by thesicilian: 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
will not work. in as much as we'll love to see it happen, everyone still has a right on the kind of education he/she wants his/her children to receive. just like he cannot also prevent any civil servant from going abroad for medical check up as long as it is done on the civil servant's own time & dime.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Sunnymatey(m): 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
Imagine me as the class teacher of the children of a sitting governor and their father had the ordersity to walk up to me to inquire of his ward academic perfomance when he had not paid me for 3months. Wat do u think will happen?

4 Likes

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by TippyTop(m): 11:27pm On Aug 08, 2016
Na wash!!

Bubu D Mumu's children are rocking their education in England.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by ChukwuIbrahim: 1:19am On Aug 09, 2016
ojun50:
Keep deceiving yr self

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by ATERI(m): 1:32am On Aug 09, 2016
The dull governors of the South would soon be going to Kaduna to learn about the full meaning of leadership!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by jumobi1(m): 2:02am On Aug 09, 2016
They should be able to send their kids anywhere.
If his mandate was directed at his appointees, that would be good but not at Civil servants. I have to right to give my child the best education I can afford.

This shouldn't stop the govt from trying to improve Kaduna education.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 09, 2016
Nice one, midget Governor.
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 09, 2016
jumobi1:
If his mandate was directed at his appointees, that would be good but not at Civil servants. I have to right to give my child the best education I can afford.

they said govt functionaries!
this is a very excellent move
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by edoyad(m): 6:16am On Aug 09, 2016
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by greatgod2012(f): 6:23am On Aug 09, 2016
I love this!
I hope other states can follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by orisa37: 6:48am On Aug 09, 2016
Very good. Why should Public Schools be inferior to Private Schools?

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by policy12: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2016
The senior civil servants be like..

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by obongtunji: 9:03am On Aug 09, 2016
After his own children have graduated from UK and US schools. It might interest you to know that known of El-Rufai's children school in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 09, 2016
cc Mynd44, Lalasticlala
Please move this to Front page
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Ahmeduana(m): 9:14am On Aug 09, 2016
bimofalad:
The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Ru­fai has stopped senior civil servants in the state from send­ing their children to private schools.

The State Commis­sioner for Education, Prof. An­drew Nock who disclosed this while speaking with newsmen said that plans have been concluded by the state government to restore public schools to their past glory.

According to him, the directive will be en­forced from the next academ­ic session while adding that the af­fected government functionar­ies have been directed to with­draw their children and wards from private schools and pre­pare them for admission into the public schools.

He said, “the state government has given order to all directors to withdraw their children from private schools to our own schools with a view to improving teaching and learn­ing in the schools.
On the failed attempts by successive administrations to implement similar policy.

“Our government is not like the previous ones. What we will do is to monitor it to en­sure that this order is carried to the latter,” he added.

The commissioner also disclosed that as part of the efforts to revamp education in the state, 15 pub­lic secondary schools have been converted to boarding schools with effect from the next ses­sion.

The schools: Queen Amina College, Kadu­na; Government Girls Second­ary School, Kawo; Government Technical College, Malali; Bare­wa College, Zaria; Girls Sci­ence Secondary School, Kwoai.

Also, Government College, Kagoro; Government Girls Secondary School, Soba; Government Col­lege, Saminaka; Rimi College, Government College, Kaduna, Government Secondary School, Kachia; Government Girls’ College, Zonkwa and Govern­ment Secondary School, Giwa.
IF YOU LIKE MAKE HIM WITHDRAWAL HIM CHILDREN FROM PRIVATE SCHOOL MAKE HE SEND THEM GO VILLAGE SCHOOL, NOTHING WILL MAKE NIGERIANS VOTE YOU COME 2019.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by forray(m): 9:32am On Aug 09, 2016
Lovely move, to me, this should be a criteria in occupying any political post in this country. If u want to be a president or a governor,minster, senator, local government chairman etc, ur ward shld only attend federal or state institutions. No schooling abroad or private school. We shld apply this and let's see how our educational sector will not improve.

Like I keep saying making Nigeria great is not that difficult, we just need a sincere person without any religious sentiments and tribal bigotry at the top and we the citizen be ready to make the necessary sacrifice and we will see this country soar to great heighlet

But the wicked politician we have wld never let this happen, cos the feel the level of poverty and ignorance keeps us in check and most of us still come here fighting ourselves over people who have stolen our future.

To me if u have served this country in one political capacity since independent till now, u shld hide ur head in shame.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by ajepako(f): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2016
Good move Mr Shorty..

But he should start with his own children..

Leadership by example..

Simple
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by jumobi1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
This is unconstitutional because it's applied too broadly. Why must a potential leader who has nothing to do with the deterioration of the Kaduna educational system be forced to enroll his/her child in a public school? The way to improve the educational system is by voting out elected officials who refuse to improve it not by forcing people's kids to attend public schools. We all have a right to run for public office without given up such a fundamental right.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by bakila: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
jumobi1:

Bros with which civil servant salary you want pay Essence school fees?
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Canme4u(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
Op source or IDONTBELIEVEIT
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Abeymills(m): 8:42pm On Aug 09, 2016
Yeye governor hypocrite were are ur children?nonsence governor yeye govt
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by jumobi1(m): 10:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
bakila:

Bros with which civil servant salary you want pay Essence school fees?

Being a civil servants doesn't mean that's your sole source of income. People from rich families are civil servants. And Idk what Essence is. In talking about private schools.
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by bakila: 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
jumobi1:

Being a civil servants doesn't mean that's your sole source of income. People from rich families are civil servants. And Idk what Essence is. In talking about private schools.
They should justify it on the basis of their net worth at least. Essence is the school must Kaduna monied people want to enrol their children and ward. Again El Rufai and other leaders must revamp the education sector.
Re: Shocking: Governor Orders Officials To Withdraw Children From Private Schools by Flyingngel(m): 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
No source? I don't buy this.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Igbo(ipob)tlyoot Support Donald Trump / Shocking!!! Buhari Got His Waec Certificate At Age 11 / No Mosque, No Deployment Of Corp Members To Benue State-NYSC DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.