Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP (705 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Of PDP Campaigns In Edo: Wike, Okowa, Makarfi, Anenih, Ikimi Attend / EDO2016: Obaseki Family Disowns Pedro, Urge Edo People To Vote Godwin / Edo2016: Photos From APC Rally In Auchi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2016

Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP: Anambra case study

Obaseki will make a better Governor. Every smart Edo man and woman will vote Obaseki. We have seen how technocrat make better Governors than career politician. We saw what fashola a technocrat did in Lagos. he transform lagos. We can see what Obiano a technocrat is doing in Anambra. He is transforming Anambra state. We can see how Ambode a technocrat is moving lagos forward. We want technocrat in Edo state not career piliticians. Career politicians just share money among themselves. Technocrat brings development and investment through strategic thinking. We should vote for Obaseki.

While technocrats seek positive history, career politicians seek power. We must be wise to vote for those who seek history. Ambrose Ali was a technocrat. We can see his position in history as a great Governor who brought development. Obaseki is an economic expert. we need such person to run our state especially now we have low oil price. This is d best time for an economist to govern us not a politician.

Politicians spent all thier energy on human relation because d next election is always on thier mind while technocrat focus on macro and micro economic development because history is always on thier mind. Technocrat creat wealth for the people while politicians waste wealth of the people to maintain power.

Those who are being skeptical because Obaseki is sponsored by the sitting governor Oshiomole dont need to worry. Obiano d governor of Anambra state has never contested election in his life. Obiano was a technocrat from the banking sector. Peter Obi imposed Obiano on APGA. He was also sponsored by d sitting governor Peter Obi of anambra state. But today he is doing very well in Anambra state. Ambode of Lagos state has never contested election in his life. He was sponsored by Tinubu. But today, Majority of lagosians who even voted against him are very happy with his governance. A technocrat will always be a technocrat. Technocrat will always need a politician to win an election but it doesnt prevent them from performing very well in developing thier state. because history is d ego of a technocrat.
Re: Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by royallord1(m): 11:08am On Aug 09, 2016
what is technocrat obaseki's specialty...
Re: Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 09, 2016
royallord1:
what is technocrat obaseki's specialty...

He had his early education in St. Matthews Anglican Primary School Benin City from where he proceeded to Eghosa Anglican Grammer School, Benin City for his secondary schoool eductaion. He attended the University of Ibadan where he obtained a BA in Classics. Mr. Obaseki attended the Columbia University and Pace University in New York and has an MBA in Finance and International Business. He is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers, Nigeria and an alumnus of the Lagos Business School Chief Executive Program.

He was the founding secretary of a New York based US Africa Chamber of Commerce in 1992, which promoted US organisations doing business in Africa. He was a Director in Junior Achievement of Nigeria - the local affiliate of the worldwide Not for Profit organisation which trains students to appreciate market economy values. He also participates actively and serves as Trustee, in the Dr. Jackson Owen Obaseki Foundation, a family owned NGO which is involved in providing free educational and health services to the less privileged. He is a member of the All Progressive Congress (APC) and has participated actively in all elections since 2009 and was Chairman Fund Raising Committee for the Oshiomhole-Odubu re-election bid in 2012

Mr. Godwin Obaseki serves as Managing Director and Director of Afrinvest (West Africa) Limited and served as its Chairman of the Board until June 2016. In 1995, Mr. Obaseki founded SecTrust, the predecessor company to Afrinvest, pioneering major innovations and providing leadership in the Nigerian stock market. Mr. Obaseki has served on the Presidential Committee on the Reform of the Nigerian Pension System. He also served on the Committee on the Re-activation of the Nigerian Bond Market set up by the Securities and Exchange Commission. He is an active member of The NSE and currently serves on its Governing Council. He has also served on many of the committees of The Exchange. In 2001, Mr. Obaseki was nominated Global Leader of Tomorrow (GLT) by the World Economic Forum. He is a Fellow of the Nigerian Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers and an alumnus of the Lagos Business School Chief Executive Program.

He Founded Afrinvest West Africa Limited (formerly Securities Transactions & Trust Company Limited (SecTrust)) in 1995 as the pioneer Managing Director. The firm has since grown to become a leading Investment Banking and Investment Management firm in Nigeria. In 1995 SecTrust was appointed the correspondent stockbroker for Nigeria by the International Finance Corporation (IFC). In 1996, SecTrust established the first derivative product, the Nigerian International Debt Fund (NIDF) on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, which allowed Nigerians invest local savings in US Dollar instrument. This fund has outperformed projections on returns.

SecTrust pioneered and was local adviser on the first global offering by a Nigerian bank through the issuance of Global Depositary Shares (GDS) to raise UD$50 million from the international Capital market. Afrinvest has acted as advisers on some of the largest and most significant transactions in the Nigerian capital market since 2005.

Afrinvest is one of the most trusted advisory firms in the domestic corporate finance market, pioneering major innovations and providing leadership in the Nigerian Securities market. The Firm has advised on numerous landmark transactions including the first Eurobond Issue by a Sub-Saharan Africa Corporate (outside South Africa); the first ever simultaneous merger and tender offer transaction in Sub-Saharan Africa and the largest ever listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Afrinvest has been ranked as a major Investment Research firm which is at the forefront of playing instrumental roles in the introduction of new financing products such as Eurobonds and Global Depository Receipts to Nigerian Companies. Mr. Obaseki is presently the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the firm which won the Best Asset Management Firm in Nigeria (2014) Award by the Wealth & Finance International Magazine Finance Awards.
Re: Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by pode(m): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2016
ibhagab how much were you paid for this lied Or do you think all this your nonsense wiil work this time again?

3 Likes

Re: Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 09, 2016
pode:
ibhagab how much were you paid for this lied Or do you think all this your nonsense wiil work this time again?

Nobody paid me. I am just a concerned edo man. I want the best for my state.
Re: Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by joe4real12: 11:15am On Aug 09, 2016
pode:
Abeg help me ask am.

1 Like

Re: Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 09, 2016
joe4real12:

Abeg help me ask am.

Why not counter me with points rather than emotional outburst
Re: Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by nickxtra(m): 11:19am On Aug 09, 2016
Op, tell them! The truth is can always be bitter to wailers
Re: Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by joe4real12: 11:33am On Aug 09, 2016
ibhagab:

Why not counter me with points rather than emotional outburst
I don't need to counter you Bros. Share the money wey dem pay you with us. That's the only way. In that case, we shall not worry when the Government is not performing. We shall only wait for 4yrs.
Am not complaining about "change" now because I no dull myself during campaign.
Dull ursef now, regret later grin
Re: Edo2016: Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2016
joe4real12:

I don't need to counter you Bros. Share the money wey dem pay you with us. That's the only way. In that case, we shall not worry when the Government is not performing. We shall only wait for 4yrs.
Am not complaining about "change" now because I no dull myself during campaign.
Dull ursef now, regret later grin

money is not everything. my actions are based on principle AND GOOD CONSCIENCE

(1) (Reply)

IBB's Call For Part-time Legislature, How We Missed The Valid Point. / IPDI Warns Military Against Genocide Attacks In Niger Delta Creeks / The Quest For A New Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.