Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,773 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) (51739 Views)

Boko Haram Kidnaps 22 Girls And Women In North-east Nigeria / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest Begins In Lagos (Photos) / Plans To Recall Senator Melaye Begins In Kogi Central (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by emorse(m): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2016
Obiwannn:

Who more powerful don epp? Abegeee

Bro, na you dey talk like dis? You remember when Turkey down that Russian jet? When Putin say make dem apologise and Turkey say dem no gree. Wetin happen after seven months? Omo its good to be powerful o.

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by oyinkinola: 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
emorse:

The FG sometimes ( in fact, most times) deserve flogging. Agreed, the states are autonomous units but I don't think there's anything stopping the FG from playing the role of big bro(supervisory).

However, since the states are closer to us, it would serve us better if we found a way to hold them to account.

As for the South Sudan example, our diversity in the SS would make it difficult for us to achieve peace o. You know we're made up of many tribes. If we succeed in breaking away, the narrative is bound to change into ijaw vs itsekiri vs uhrobo vs isoko etc. I hope it doesn't get to this sha. Our govt at all levels need to wake up.
...south soudan is a replay of what may happen in the ss/se if they manage to break away! it may be even worst(God forbbiden)...the easterner don't joke with fire near oyetrol "petrol" it is dangerous!
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
oyinkinola:

... ho! jesus christ of Nassareth! are you people conscience? how can you have and deny others from benefit? are you God? ok, God give, go and take it!
Don't get me wrong, this is not the right time to venture into a wild ghost chase. The economy is in a terrible situation and all you do is go in search of the same oil whose market value has dropped... What do you call that? If its not for selfish reasons no sane govt will do that in this present situation

2 Likes

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by oyinkinola: 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
FrancisDiote:

Don't get me wrong, this is not the right time to venture into a wild ghost chase. The economy is in a terrible situation and all you do is go in search of the same oil whose market value has dropped... What do you call that? If its not for selfish reasons no sane govt will do that in this present situation
..i get you wrong, do you people know the economy is in a terrible situation?..If its not for selfish reasons no sane citizen of any country will vandalised in this present situation... will they?
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by bigiyaro(m): 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Joel3:
I hardly believe this picture is from the north. they don't have red sand there.
guy na only u gt sharp eye for here. These pictures are not from anywhere near northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Emyogalanya: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
It wont brother let me explain coming from a bitter nigerian experience am sure we will go directly into true federalism and the people will own their resources . Forget that multi tribe card they present adamawa alone has about 68 or more tribes north has more tribal groups that south but they are able to call themselves one north they are the one that divide us in order to rule us from time immemorial we know and understand our similarity and differences and we respect it but the north makes us throw away that "respec" thereby making enemies of our own brethren and ally making us see an ally as an impediment to our progress ... Now let me ask just one if u answer me well I'll give up
1 how are the entire ss able to live and be "one in Nigeria" but cannot archive that oneness if we break up? Why is the glue of brotherhood so strong in one Nigeria but will become weak and in effective in nd republic.
emorse:

The FG sometimes ( in fact, most times) deserve flogging. Agreed, the states are autonomous units but I don't think there's anything stopping the FG from playing the role of big bro(supervisory).

However, since the states are closer to us, it would serve us better if we found a way to hold them to account.

As for the South Sudan example, our diversity in the SS would make it difficult for us to achieve peace o. You know we're made up of many tribes. If we succeed in breaking away, the narrative is bound to change into ijaw vs itsekiri vs uhrobo vs isoko etc. I hope it doesn't get to this sha. Our govt at all levels need to wake up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Biospnx(m): 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2016
Joel3:
I hardly believe this picture is from the north. they don't have red sand there.
they said north east...meaning northern part of east

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
No way the vegetation I see in the background in North East Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by trilobite: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
hopilo:
The technology of today use seismic survey to identify the very place you have crude oil. The era of blind search for oil is long over decades ago. Why waste money today searching for oil in an area with no seismic prove of oil. Nigeria is a funny place

The survey process is in staged, seismic first, then drilling to confirm the interpreted seismic data.

However I doubt that is what we are looking at here.

Some Nigerian geologists can drill for air (knowingly) and tell the client they are drilling for crude oil.

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by trilobite: 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
hopilo:
The technology of today use seismic survey to identify the very place you have crude oil. The era of blind search for oil is long over decades ago. Why waste money today searching for oil in an area with no seismic prove of oil. Nigeria is a funny place

The survey process is in stages, seismic first, then drilling to confirm the interpreted seismic data.

However I doubt that is what we are looking at here.

Some Nigerian geologists can drill for air (knowingly) and tell the client they are drilling for crude oil.

Note: it is in their best interest that the exploration continues forever. More exploration, more money for them. Any Doctorate petroleum geologist will tell you there is no oil in that basin.

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by bezimo(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2016
That surrounding doesnt look like North East. When did the North East start having vegetations?
APC lies unlimited agenda been spread to the daft and gullible.

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Horbah1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
PaulIdu:
Others are searching for vast sources of lithium but Buhari is still searching for oil in 2016. This is the lack of vision that made me stop supporting him

Tell him

2 Likes

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by bezimo(m): 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Efe3:
wow, I didn't know North Eastern Nigeria had such dense green vegetation, I could have mistook the site for somewhere in the Niger Delta.

Thats not the North East.If you have been to the North before what you would see is a wide expanse of land dotted with mainly shrubs.

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Ofodirinwa: 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2016
Remii:
they are in Iraq and other war zones, they are usually under protection even in Niger Delta

They are leaving the Niger Delta in unprecedented number. The US has pulled out, and recently India.
Nigeria can't protect it's citizens or enforce it's laws, let alone international workers. It's a failed state with less signs of order than Iraq because they're not even running from Iraq. When you realize the Niger Delta has the world's highest privacy rate, the north the world's highest rate of terrorist killings, you'll know that there's absolutely no government in Nigeria and there never will be again. India and the US know this. The UK is making plans for withdrawal as well and even Northern Nigeria is choosing to import oil from Niger and Chad.
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Obiwannn: 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
emorse:

Bro, na you dey talk like dis? You remember when Turkey down that Russian jet? When Putin say make dem apologise and Turkey say dem no gree. Wetin happen after seven months? Omo its good to be powerful o.

Truth is Turkey is drawing closer to Putin because Erdogan wants to toe the Putin path(dictatorship). Remember the coup, he wants to spite America by forming closeness with Putin.

That however is not the topic of disqus. The topic of disqus is quality of life. The quality of life in Switzerland is much more higher than what's obtainable in America. Forget all the washee we hear about America in the press. A country where a person working at McDonald's can earn €3,500 netto. Tell me why it's citizens would be bothered with world politics? Wetin concern them?!
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by engrolawei: 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
ojkalito:
love of Oil is the root of all evil in Nigeria..till until u hit satans head grin grin
Whua? You mean they should drill till they hit satan's head? shocked o boy you harsh o. You drill satan's head you get a hot molten magma bath. embarassed cry
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by hero2000: 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
redcap:
I just hope and pray it's in commercial quantity, just anything that will help speed up the disintegration of this country.

Disintegration- No; Restructuring- Yes.

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by andyubakwem(m): 4:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
I am a HDD field Engineer. This is HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) operation used for river crossing of pipeline not for vertical drilling of crude.

2 Likes

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Pecca: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
never knew the NE forests are so dense...even had palm trees dotting the skyline. APC...APC...OK.

1 Like

Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by oyinkinola: 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
andyubakwem:
I am a HDD field Engineer. This is HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) operation used for river crossing of pipeline not for vertical drilling of crude.
your conclusion...there can never be oil in the north?
see this people you have, you don't give and you didn't want them to have!
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by GodwinTobi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
Crude oil or palm oil
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Frontbright: 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
let the southerners go and drink thier oil Bleep that shit iyalaya anybody
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by emekuzi: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
@OP, I dont mean to condemn your post but you should pass across the right infirmation! These picture you posted does not show any exploration going on. Those are just pictures show pipe laying processes. Besides if I saw it clearly, I happen to know that firm. Oilserv is not into exploration, at least not at the moment.
In essence let's try passing across the right information to people!
chie8:
It is official.Exploration of oil has started in North East Nigeria.

Details later

Image credit:Sallau

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/exploration-begins-north-east.html
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by emekuzi: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
andyubakwem:
You are so much on point bro!
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
sarrki:

It's through population countries can progress

Pls stop all this Disintegration of a thing.

Countries like Qatar,Sweden, Switzerland would have been super power if they had the population

Come to think where are those leaders that will manage your resources if you go your own way same leader that can not manage FAAC, 13% Derivation & IGR they generate from their respective states?

There is strength in DIVERSITY! !!!

Our diversity has turned to curse,tribalism,failure,nepotism,discrimination,wickedness etc. We'll remain in this rat race for eternity if we remain one because we have no core value and nothing in common.

Your President has already divided us,we're just waiting patiently for the D day.
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by chuksmad(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
I will be happy if oil can be discovered in the North, so that depending on SS will minimize and possibly true federalism will be adopted in this country
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
his is Horizontal directional drilling (HDD) currently ongoing in Edo state. Job is being done by Oilserv Ltd.
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Keenlooka(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
If we find oil, then we shall continue our interrupted conquest to the sea. On the interim, lets keep them on a tight leash.
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Keenlooka(m): 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
oyinkinola:

..i get you wrong, do you people know the economy is in a terrible situation?..If its not for selfish reasons no sane citizen of any country will vandalised in this present situation... will they?

And what will Bko haram do when they get bored? Roast people in that inferno i guess... grin
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
This is father of all deception, dem no get oil
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
naijaboy756:
Faster please. Let's see if this can share us into 3. The parasites can then become useful to themselves. They too like to suck blood
Arewa, rep oduduwa republic and Niger delta republic
Re: Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) by voiceofzion: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
...hahahaha, they can't just cease to amaze me..! I tot PMB & his people were talking about diversifying the economy to agriculture or something, how come they are desperately searching for oil again in the north..? Nigerians would soon wake up to reality that, this government is not for the Nigerian project but, planted for the actualization of the northern vision which foundation was actually laid 1st October, 1960, and packaged and presented to the public and the rest of the world as Nigeria's independence day...watch it happen and agree with me later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kidnapped Students: Aisha Yesufu Reminds El-Rufai Of Chibok Girls Tweet At GEJ / Peter Obi Supporter Climbs Stadium Floodlight In Gombe (Photos) / A Bag Rice Was N8,000 For The 5 Years Jonathan 'Destroyed' Nigeria - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.