Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo (17732 Views)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / Soludo Versus Sanusi? Who Is The Better Reformer? / "You Can't Ban Spraying, It's Our Culture" - KSA To Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Funny thing is the man DID NOT mention anything of this being about Trade. He simply said he would TRANSFORM the state into Dubai.  How does that imply trade?  Dubai has never been just about trade so why is this mention of Dubai ONLY about the trade aspect of Dubai? By the way, Anambra is not the only state where trade is of importance. Most all other eastern states can be described in the same way.

Here you come again.
He DID NOT mention anything about his statement being about trade, YES. BUT did he mention anything about the comment NOT being about trade. Why would you force things on him.
Kobojunkie:

The Dubai mention this man will need to break down and explain. But then again, I keep having to remind myself that this is Anambra, a state in Nigeria, where the status quo seems to be what the people really want, at the end of the day. He might actually float to victory on just this statement without ever being asked to explain himself.

Why wouldnt people like you go and ask him to explain himself. Why not give the man a chance to explain himself.
We havent even seen his manifesto. A simple comment that he made on his declaration ceremony is not enough for you guys to judge him. Why not wait until a comprehensive manifesto from him surfaces.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by banom(m): 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2009
What is actualy wrong with the people of northern Nigeria, where is this people leading us to, why is it that any thing that enters into their hands fails, why have these barbaric conquerors made Nigeria a failed nation, Nigeria practicaly became the most ridiculuous nation on earth since 1967 it entered into their hands,

I once said on this forum during the appointment of Lamido Sanusi that we are about to have an incompetent CBN governor, some folks here disagreed with me,

After Sanusi's appointment as CBN governor , he immidiately cried foul in the public, telling every one that some Nigerian banks are unhealthy as a result of non performing loans, this lead to the sacking of five banks MDs, this action has kept many Nigerians confused ,with many questioning the competence and much louded performance of the immidiate past CBN governor Prof Chukwuma Soludo, and some others argueing that sanusi's action is simply a northern hostile takeover agenda.

In a bid to revitilise these five unhealthy Banks, Sanusi printed over 400 billion Naira and injected into these banks as a bail out excecise, this action and the process was hailed by some common Nigerians while the elite class frowned upon it, the most annoying thing about the action of Lamido Sanusi is that these Five Banks in just less than two weeks after recieving these huge some, has lost about 40% of it's share value, an amount close to 470billion naira, consequently, it means that the bailout money injected into these five banks by Sanusi has vanished in the air,

This lost of 40 value was technicaly caused by sanusi himself, as it was as a result of lost of consumer confidence by custotmers and investors who lost confidence in the banks beacuse they were told by Sanusi that they are unhealthy, if sanusi understood his left from his right, he should have known that crying foul in the public will cause loss of consumers and investors confidence and will destroy the banks than helping it, having cried out, he shouldn't have gone ahead to inject such huge some into the banks , because as it has proven,will be a dead end venture, but it did not stop there, instead of sanusi looking for a more technical way to correct his mistakes, he is presently in a bid of reprinting a new naira note,( an action many have predicted is only made to bring back arabic text on naira notes,) this reprinting excercise will cost us billions, in a time our student are at home as a result of ASUU strike,

As many have wondered, is sanusi acting in good faith ? the truth is that, no matter what he/she does, a public servant is primarily judged by the result of his action, if in about six months of taking office , Nigeria is loosing billions of naira because of sanusi stupid and selfish actions, he is not acting in good faith if he was acting in good faith and in the intrest of Nigerians, he should have kept the matter indoors and go ahead and bail the banks, by so doing, the loss of consumers and investors confidence wouldn't have occured, which is even worse than non performing loans, because even if the banks recover today, they will find it extreemly hard if not imposible to regain consumer and investors confidence.

Then what is sanusi realy up to ?, Sanusi is only trying not to STEP INTO A GREAT MANS SHOE ( as theorised by the Jewish American power theorist and war strategist, Robert Greene, the author of the ground breaking, The 48 Laws of Power)Sanusi is only trying not to get lost in the much louded achievement of Prof soludo, he is trying to forge a new trend of his own making, his own public profile,but Nigerians may ask, is it just in a bid for sanusi to satisfy his ego and amoral mind that nigerians will have to waste Billions of naira, well the answer is that ,That is what you get when you appoint aboki as your CBN governor.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by anonimi: 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2009
biggjoe:

Why wouldnt people like you go and ask him to explain himself. Why not give the man a chance to explain himself.[/b]We havent even seen [b]his manifesto. A simple comment that he made on his declaration ceremony is not enough for you guys to judge him. Why not wait until a comprehensive manifesto from him surfaces.

statements made at declaration ceremony, according to mr. bigjoe do not form part of manifesto and delivereables for which teh contestant should be held accountable shocked
why should he explain himself to an ordianry citizen when even pressmen only go to press conferences to receive news and do not ask probing questions
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2009
anonimi:

statements made at declaration ceremony, according to mr. bigjoe do not form part of manifesto and delivereables for which teh contestant should be held accountable shocked
why should he explain himself to an ordianry citizen when even pressmen only go to press conferences to receive news and do not ask probing questions
Thank God you said, PART of the manifesto and not the full manifesto itself. Wait till you see the full manifesto and then find out if the Dubai talk is figurative or not.

If ordinary citizen like you cannot wait for a press conference or for a full manifesto, is the best thing not to go and ask him?
That is a more civil thing to do than putting words in his mouth.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by anonimi: 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2009
banom:

In a bid to revitilise these five unhealthy Banks, Sanusi printed over 400 billion Naira and injected into these banks as a bail out excecise, this action and the process was hailed by some common Nigerians while the elite class frowned upon it, the most annoying thing about the action of Lamido Sanusi is that these Five Banks in just less than two weeks after recieving these huge some, has lost about 40% of it's share value, an amount close to 470billion naira, consequently, it means that the bailout money injected into these five banks by Sanusi has vanished in the air,

i no fit laugh  grin at the simpleton reasoning of the above bold quote- so na for your under-bridge economics and finance lesson dem teach you sey CBN must print and inject (like syringe ) into the bailed out banks?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by banom(m): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2009
anonimi:

i no fit laugh  grin at the simpleton reasoning of the above bold quote- so na for your under-bridge economics and finance lesson dem teach you sey CBN must print and inject (like syringe ) into the bailed out banks?

This is what i hate when someone exposes his f9 score in economics on a public forum ,
So you didn't hear from the CBN itself that they printed and Injected, or is it the effect of poor power supply in your area that caused it
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2009
Moves:

Ok, I will go a step further and say that to an average Nigerian woman  Dubai is  a trading place, tell any average nigerian woman  that you are going to dubai, they will first ask you if you are going to buy jewelry or clothing  accessories for resale=TRADE, thats is the reality in nigeria, majority dont see dubai as a tourist destination,

The same would probably apply if the average Nigerians woman was going over to, say, Lagos, Kano, London,Cotonou,  US, or even china. I don’t think this is unique to Dubai. I am still not convinced that the average Anambranian thinks Dubai is synonymous with Trade, and hence believes this comparison of his is about Trade. No, I don’t think so.

Moves:

Well in Soludo's case he has shown his visionary qualities and actualisation of the vision ala recaptilisation exercise, even his worst critic s give him props for his vision on this count, howbeit his follow on action or inaction are still being debated,

He is a visionary, and like I said, they are a dime a dozen in Nigeria. Maybe when he was CBN Governor, he didn’t really need to answer directly to the public, but he is trying to get into a situation where the average man on the street is not only going to want to understand what he is doing but also see actual results in reasonable time.  The statement he made is right being interpreted in so many ways by the average citizens of the state, both at home and abroad. So questioning his claim is quite reasonable. Assuming it is all about trade, in my opinion, is not, since the man knows quite well he is not running for governor of CBN any longer but for state governor.

By the way, trade in Anambra has seen tremendous boost over the last decade alone and the poeple know this. Does selling them more of the same really work when the basic needs are still left unmet?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:
The statement he made is right being interpreted in so many ways by the average citizens of the state, both at home and abroad. So questioning his claim is quite reasonable. Assuming it is all about trade, in my opinion, is not, since the man knows quite well he is not running for governor of CBN any longer but for state governor.

By the way, trade in Anambra has seen tremendous boost over the last decade alone and the poeple know this. Does selling them more of the same really work when the basic needs are still left unmet?
@bolded,
you are now slowing down on your assumption hitch hike and thats good for you.

@colored,
So because trade has been boosting in anambra, you no longer see reason why improving it further will be a selling point to the Anambrarians? You just dont get it, you need to be in Anambra to get it.
And for you to think that the best tactic for him woulda been for him to start promising on basic needs which every other aspirants has campaigned on in the past. I will say again, you failed it there.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by CrudeOil2(m): 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2009
The man has just talked about his intention to the gubernatorial candidate of his corrupt party. He has not been (s)elected yet by the party. When he is eventually (s)elected he would inform the people more about his programs for the state.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2009
Crude Oil:

The man has just talked about his intention to the gubernatorial candidate of his corrupt party. He has not been (s)elected yet by the party. When he is eventually (s)elected he would inform the people more about his programs for the state.
Are you serious with the above? A man tells you he wants to become governor and then makes a statement as to what he intends to do when he becomes governor, but you don’t see why it is best to ask him to better explain himself now and not wait till after he become Governor to understand what he plans to do as Governor? WOW!!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Moves: 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You are correct that his statement is open to different interpretation, and open to questions, which is what I prefer, The Above shows that following the line of thinking, the Dubai inference on that would be creating world class environment like dubai to boost, encourage and sustain Trade , the means investment in worled class infrastructure, roads, transportation, water, power etc  in so doing the said basic needs will be meet,
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Are you serious with the above?  A man tells you he wants to become governor and then makes a statement as to what he intends to do when he becomes governor, but you don’t see why it is best to ask him to better explain himself now and not wait till after he become Governor to understand what he plans to do as Governor? WOW!!

Why not go ahead and ask him instead of assuming.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2009
Moves:

You are correct that his statement is open to different interpretation, and open to questions, which is what I prefer, The Above shows that following the line of thinking, the Dubai inference on that would be creating world class environment like dubai to boost, encourage and sustain Trade , the means investment in worled class infrastructure, roads, transportation, water, power etc  in so doing the said basic needs will be meet,

OH COME ON!!! Now you are just over stretching the statement. Come on!!!

Trade improvement in the last 10 years has yet to help tackle the basics and you are suggesting the government continue on the same path? Haven't the poeple waited long enough to get their basic needs met? How much longer for this lofty dream to be achieved and then the citizens can finally have basic needs met?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by eunisam: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2009
transfomator.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by CrudeOil2(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2009
I mean when he is selected by the party to be their gubernatorial candidate!
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2009
Crude Oil:

The man has made his intentions known, and you don’t think it is your duty as a citizen to start screening him now? You want to instead wait for some ALIENS in the party that you probably think need to be the ones making the decisions for you, to select him first?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2009
Crude Oil:

I wonder how it wasnt obvious for her when u first said it.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Moves: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

OH COME ON!!! Now you are just over stretching the statement. Come on!!!
Not at All, When the Princes of Dubai , decided to make dubai the #1 Trade location in the MiddleEast, The Invested in world class infrastructure and are still doing so, so if soludo has the same vision for anambra, dont see it, as far fetched, seriously you are the one over stretching the statement  by saying he might coast to victory on the back of that statement,  a state that is full of internationally recognised gladiators and not so recognised gladiators,
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2009
Moves:

Not All, When the Princes of Dubai , decided to make dubai the #1 Trade location in the MiddleEast, The Invested in world class infrastructure and are still doing so, so if soludo has the same vision for anambra, dont see it, as far fetched, seriously you are the one over stretching the statement  by saying he might coast to victory on the back of that statement, a state that is full of internationally recognised gladiators and not so recognised gladiators,

But dude, you are, right here, showing why he actually might coast to victory on that statement. I mean the man is reported to have only mentioned that he wants to transform Anambra to Dubai, but you have already created this elaborate interpretation of that simple statement there, putting in every positive spin you can. And then we have someone else stating we should all wait till he is governor before we question what he actually meant by that statement and how he intends to accomplish it. Are you sure I am the one over stretching things here?

The current state governor made it on the back of “claiming to fight against the problem”.  He turned out to be no better, in my opinion. The man stood against some f the same gladiators and won.  So, what makes you think that believing this man might win on his Dubai dream and possibly just the one statement he has made so far is a stretch? I mean a lot of people, probably ignoring the recent revelations in the health of our banking system, already consider him a “hero”. So, why is it farfetched to think he might win just by the one statement considering folks are already explaining it away right here on nairaland.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by CrudeOil2(m): 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2009
I am not a PDP member, hence I cant vote for him to be selected.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Moves: 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Trade improvement in the last 10 years has yet to help tackle the basics and you are suggesting the government continue on the same path? Haven't the poeple waited long enough to get their basic needs met? How much longer for this lofty dream to be achieved and then the citizens can finally have basic needs met?
 That is not Soludo's Fault, Are you suggesting he abandons trade and focus on making anambra the eastern barbados , ala toursit destination, He is doing the best thing in focusing on the strong factor of the state and as you mention using it to meet basic needs of the people, We also complain of continuity, hence he is aiming to do so, @ kobo, you are making me sound like a supporter of soludo, am not I prefer Ngige by far, because I think soludo is sort of elitist, IMO, but i will be objective even when criticising him,
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2009
Moves:

you are making me sound like a supporter of soludo, am not I prefer Ngige by far, because I think soludo is sort of elitist, IMO, but i will be objective even when criticising him,

You are not alone there. Ngige is my candidate and Soludo is the next best thing assuming Ngige pushed out like they almost did in 2007. The problem here that some people's hate for Soludo is clouding every other aspect of their reasoning.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by CrazyMan(m): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2009
Soludo should get realistic and stop playing the role of a clown.

To transform Anambra into dubai isn't a day's job. Anambra as we all know is one of the states that's being hit by erosion. Infact, that's the biggest problem every reasonable governorship aspirant should address first before making empty promises.

Secondly, Anambra needs tarred roads; apart from the high ways and a few major roads that were being constructed by Chris Ngige, and some past governors, Anambra has a very little percentage of good roads network. So for someone to make a statement about transforming it into paradise means that he should have a good manifesto; he must be willing to spend money in order to achieve that result.

Now the question is how many leaders are willing to do that?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2009
Moves:

That is not Soludo's Fault, Are you suggesting he abandons trade and focus on making anambra the eastern barbados , ala toursit destination, He is doing the best thing in focusing on the strong factor of the state and as you mention using it to meet basic needs of the people, We also complain of continuity, hence he is aiming to do so,
Soludo has NOT mentioned he wants to focus on TRADE. Soludo has NOT stated what he intends to focus if and when he becomes Governor. Soludo HAS NOT made his plans known. Soludo only said he intends to TRANSFORM anambra to Dubai. That could be interpreted by readers in anyway but SHOULD NOT be confused with the man’s actual Plan. We can wait for him to better explain his angle please.

Moves:

@ kobo, you are making me sound like a supporter of soludo, am not I prefer Ngige by far, because I think soludo is sort of elitist, IMO, but i will be objective even when criticising him,

Have you really been objective in your criticizing this man though? Below is the line from the article.

[size=13pt]Soludo stated that he has what it takes to turn Anambra State into Dubai if given the chance to be the party flag bearer in the next year gubernatorial election [/size]

No mention of trade. You have essentially turned your take on the statement to Soludo’s fact.  See, no mention of TRADE, or all you have alluded to so far. Do we really need to stretch these things to make em work for us? Would you have done the same if a NOBODY with a proven track record, say as a civil servant, announced he was going to run for governor and made the same statement?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Moves: 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

But dude, you are, right here, showing why he actually might coast to victory on that statement. I mean the man is reported to have only mentioned that he wants to transform Anambra to Dubai, but you have already created this elaborate interpretation of that simple statement there, putting in every positive spin you can. And then we have someone else stating we should all wait till he is governor before we question what he actually meant by that statement and how he intends to accomplish it. Are you sure I am the one over stretching things here?

The current state governor made it on the back of “claiming to fight against the problem”.  He turned out to be no better, in my opinion. The man stood against some f the same gladiators and won.  So, what makes you think that believing this man might win on his Dubai dream and possibly just the one statement he has made so far is a stretch? I mean a lot of people, probably ignoring the recent revelations in the health of our banking system, already consider him a “hero”. So, why is it farfetched to think he might win just by the one statement considering folks are already explaining it away right here on nairaland.
To say that he might win one the basis of that one statement, is not just ridiculous but an insult on the level of intelligence of the anambra people, I know in nigeria, people's vote may not count but that is a different arguement, Its not Amala politics abeg,
Also, my attempted explanation is based on the premise of whats is the big deal in turning anambra into dubai in four years, if you look at my previous post you will find out that i have earlier stated that all that is required in turning anambra into our own dubai is the provision of world class infrastructure which, in turn meets the basic needs of the people, Just like Duke had the vision of turning calabar into a tourism destination, the attendant effect and impact is still visible in the provision of infrastructure in calabar
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2009
Moves:

To say that he might win one the basis of that one statement, is not just ridiculous but an insult on the level of intelligence of the anambra people, I know in nigeria, people's vote may not count but that is a different arguement, Its not Amala politics abeg,

I disagree!!! I know we like to pretend that one state is different from the others in some way but the fact is the problem is NIGERIA-WIDE. No State is exempt. Even States like Lagos suffer from the same, hence the reason why some fear than once Fashola leaves, the status quo is probably to return if care if not taken.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Moves: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Soludo has NOT mentioned he wants to focus on TRADE. Soludo has NOT stated what he intends to focus if and when he becomes Governor. Soludo HAS NOT made his plans known. Soludo only said he intends to TRANSFORM anambra to Dubai. That could be interpreted by readers in anyway but SHOULD NOT be confused with the man’s actual Plan. We can wait for him to better explain his angle please.

Have you really been objective in your criticizing this man though? Below is the line from the article.

No mention of trade. You have essentially turned your take on the statement to Soludo’s fact. See, no mention of TRADE, or all you have alluded to so far. Do we really need to stretch these things to make em work for us? Would you have done the same if a NOBODY with a proven track record, say as a civil servant, announced he was going to run for governor and made the same statement?

We are both making assumptions, and am clearly stating what I see as the basis of his vision to want to transform anambra to dubai, the common thing the 2 hqave in common is TRADE
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Thank God you have come to the realization that you have   wrongly convicted him of lying when you have not even known his real plan. It is good you have changed your view on that.
Below is what you posted on page3.

Power Supply, Water Supply, Good Education, HealthCare, GOOD ROADS ( not patched roads that are destroyed once the rains start), better business-centric environment to encourage both local and foreign business investments, Government Accountabilty, Security, The list goes on!

Dubai, can come afterwards!! People should stand up and rebuke these people for coming up with promises that are not centered on tackling the main problems to this date.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2009
Moves:

We are both making assumptions, and am clearly stating what I see as the basis of his vision to want to transform anambra to dubai, the common thing the 2 hqave in common is TRADE

Cool.

asha 80:

Non can match anambra stride by stride not even abia.

Soludo should desist from making such statements.

I agree with you there. We need to rebuke these folks for such statements. It is just silly, in my opinion. That is why I say people need to demand they speak up and stop trying to sell them lofty ideas without  trying to tackle the main issues first in all. Dubai was used to sell Abuja's remodelling, Tinapa, Lagos. And to date, the basics are still waiting to be dealt with.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2009
what a joker. the whole federal government cannot transform a single state into dubai let alone a person. he's probably high on igbo.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by sodconfirm: 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2009
another scam !
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by mystikal(m): 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2009
now, i'm getting pissed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market / Photography Business In Nigeria / Prices Of Food Items Soar In Lagos Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.