Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo (17733 Views)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / Soludo Versus Sanusi? Who Is The Better Reformer? / "You Can't Ban Spraying, It's Our Culture" - KSA To Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by IGWEUSA(m): 1:03am On Sep 28, 2009
Enjoyment1:

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you really look at my later comment,s you will see that Anambra politics is a very dangerous one. That is why, I have created a level playing ground for all the candidates.
Can you tell me how dangerous Anambra state politics is? . . . . .I must tell you that Anambra state political intrigues is really fascinating and some how enjoyable to observe., although it also has some bad elements.
At least, I cant remember of any political assasination in Anambra state;conversely, we always witness high profile political assasinations in other parts of the Nigeria, especially in the Western states .
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by spikytang(m): 4:27am On Sep 28, 2009
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by udezue(m): 4:40am On Sep 28, 2009
They wish Anambra will be a war zone, a blood bath. NEVER
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Ben13: 8:10am On Sep 28, 2009
whatever happened to the 24hrs electric supply dream undecided wtf is Dubai?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by CarlosVent(m): 8:15am On Sep 28, 2009
I keep saying it. PDP just want to use the man to get the state back and he wil not do anything dan to kill our dream of having a peaceful state cos we are not even looking for development now as no person wil try dat or else ,

Since Ngige left d state has not known anytin meaningful development and its so sad that d man even though has some lapses but showed d poor that we have money in this state.

This state has many God fathers and many Big men and women that's why our politics is like and always like that of irag.

There is n state doing election next yr but we are the one . infact d tin dey make me laugh sef.

well no probs we can only need Ngige back and he is preparing to launch back himself soon.

THANKS A LOT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALLL NIGERIANS
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by StEdwin(m): 9:02am On Sep 28, 2009
Was he sleeping when he said it or was he thinking of saying "Durban" in South Africa. He did a very good job as CBN governor but I don't think changing Anambra to Dubai looks realistic. He's only pulling our legs.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by MUZBO(m): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2009
IGWE_USA:

Can you tell me how dangerous Anambra state politics is? . . . . .I must tell you that Anambra state political intrigues is really fascinating and some how enjoyable to observe., although it also has some bad elements.
At least, I cant remember of any political assasination in Anambra state;conversely, we always witness high profile political assasinations in other parts of the Nigeria, especially in the Western states .
What is this one saying? When the kidnappings return now as the easterners are well known for it will still be interesting.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by cenaboy(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2009
He lewa You shouldon't talk like that what do you know about soludo or any thing in banking sector or in any global world pls go to you home state and talk about your people Pls  leave Soludo for us  wheather good or bad live him for us. I like soludo he has never fail in any place even in the western world he is a prestigious man their okey I like him We love him and other Reasonable people love him so shut up  ur smeeling mouth.Go and gather reasonable facts and truth before treading here.[/color]   [color=#990000]But my advise to Soludo is for him to leave PDP and change to a new party Because people hate PDP In this state infact to all reasonable Nigerians.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by IGWEUSA(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2009
MUZBO:

What is this one saying? When the kidnappings return now as the easterners are well known for it will still be interesting.
I can see that you have this penchant for talking without reasoning . .Which part of Nigeria is not witnessing the kidnapping saga? . .Did kidnapping originate from the east?                            
I guess the easterners must be the ones responsible for the Kaduna state secretary's disappearance . . .Was it not your almajiri brother that masterminded the foiled plot to kidnap two Nigerian ministers?
As I said earlier, politics in Anambra state might involve alot of intrigues and power tussles, but it's not violent when compared to other states.And thats one of the reason every body is contesting to be the governor of the state.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2009
After reading Ngige’s assertion and his comparable analysis of his tenure of 33 months against Obi’s 33 month tenure, I can deduce from that write up that Ngige is a man that knows his onions, he soul purpose for contesting the gubernatorial election is to actively seek genuine development to all Ananmbrian indigenes, this is a feat he as provingly achieved within the short spate of time spent at the helms of affairs.

Soludo on the other hand is a man that is fast drowning and needs to grasp at any visible obstacle in other to resuscitate an already dying career as a public officer, trust which is seen as paramount in any public servant’s resume seems to be wanting to a man like Soludo.

In his desperation for another shot at a public office he has resulted to ambiguous statement(I will transform Anambra State into Dubai ) and in coherent promises Anambrains should not be hoodwinked by this desperate tactics of dying political giant but should judge an already tried and tested public servant in no other person than Ngige without mincing a vote or having a second thought.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by okeey(m): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2009
4 God sake Soludo,my people let look at wht he wht to do,till then
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 10:08am On Sep 28, 2009
Enjoyment1:

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you really look at my later comment,s you will see that Anambra politics is a very dangerous one. That is why, I have created a level playing ground for all the candidates.

How dangerous is Anambra politics. Tell me, have you heard about anybody being mudered in Anambra for aspiring for a political office.

Anambra politics is not that bad. Anambra Politicians fight dirty sometimes but not dirty enough to kill. Unlike what we have in any other part of the country.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by banom(m): 10:46am On Sep 28, 2009
biggjoe:

How dangerous is Anambra politics. Tell me, have you heard about anybody being mudered in Anambra for aspiring for a political office.

Anambra politics is not that bad. Anambra Politicians fight dirty sometimes but not dirty enough to kill. Unlike what we have in any other part of the country.

Yes The Yorubas killed funsho Williams because he wanted to become governor of lagos state.

In the our state, we have never heard anything like that and will never hear it. we have value for human life.

I love my people.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by IGWEUSA(m): 11:03am On Sep 28, 2009
banom:

Yes The Yorubas killed funsho Williams because he wanted to become governor of lagos state.
In the our state, we have never heard anything like that and will never hear it. we have value for human life.

I love my people.
Also, include the killing of Bola Ige and the 2003 assasination of a prominent world bank economist who was contesting the Ekiti state gubernatorial election.
Damn!! The killers of Funsho williams were heartless . . .they bludgeoned him to death like a rat in his own bedroom just because he was a gubernatorial candidate in lagos state. R.I.P Funsho.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by olisa07: 11:07am On Sep 28, 2009
Prof, i told you, this is not for your caliba

Dubai kee,
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 11:19am On Sep 28, 2009
"Yes The Yorubas killed funsho Williams because he wanted to become governor of lagos state.

I love my people."

Don’t forget that Lagos being the commercial capital of Nigeria, all types of vagrants, un-employed, hired assassins, are ready to ploy their evil trade to the lowest bidder, a man’s life can be taking for less than N5,000.00 in lagos. The fact that Funsho Williams was a Yoruba man, the perpetuators of this heinous crime might be from any of the 400 tribes of Nigeria, Lagos being a microcosm of Nigeria. To rule out an Igbo man as the apparent assassin with the huge population of Igbos in lagos would be a non starter it could be anybody.

To find or hire a hired assassin in Abeokuta, Akure, Ibadan or Oshgbo would probably land u at the hands of the law enforcement agency, the thought of a hired assassin lurking in such backwaters for a pontential client is inconceivable.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2009
KnowAll:

Don’t forget that Lagos being the commercial capital of Nigeria, all types of vagrants, un-employed, hired assassins, are ready to ploy their evil trade to the lowest bidder, a man’s life can be taking for less than N5,000.00 in lagos. The fact that Funsho Williams was a Yoruba man, the perpetuators of this heinous crime might be from any of the 400 tribes of Nigeria, Lagos being a microcosm of Nigeria. To rule out an Igbo man as the apparent assassin with the huge population of Igbos in lagos would be a non starter it could be anybody.

To find or hire a hired assassin in Abeokuta, Akure, Ibadan or Oshgbo would probably land u at the hands of the law enforcement agency, the thought of a hired assassin lurking in such backwaters for a pontential client is inconceivable.

You dont get the point at all. It is not about who did the actual killing but who CONTRACTED the killing.

It is fellow contestants that did the contracting of the assasination. Who ever executed it is inconsequential.  Anambra politicians fight dirty  but not enough to kill their opponents to stop them from winning. It has never happened before,
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by IGWEUSA(m): 11:40am On Sep 28, 2009
KnowAll:

My friend, FUNSHO WILLIAMS was murdered by his Yoruba brothers to prevent him from clinching the Lagos state seat of power.

Below is another list of South West high profile political assasinations.
*2003, Dr. Ayo Daramola, a PDP gubernatorial aspirant in Ekiti State, and a consultant on Social Protection and HIV/AIDS to the World Bank Country Office in Abuja was murdered in his bedroom at his hometown, Ijan-Ekiti. A nutritionist who recently joined the race, his death is linked to the intra-party crisis, which has thrown up political enemies after the death of the third term agenda in the state. He was stabbed, shot and hacked to death.

Engineer Funso Williams, PDP gubernatorial aspirant in Lagos State and chairman, Board of Directors of Nigeria Maritime Authority (NMA) was murdered on July 27, 2006. Police are still investigating this assassination. Forensic experts were invited from London to assist them. The police arrested PDP gubernatorial aspirants in the state and some members of the NMA board. They were held for about three weeks.  

On July 16, 2005 unknown gunmen killed Alhaji Lateef (alias Lati Osogbo) a close associate of the strongman of Ibadan politics, Alhaji Lamidi Adebibu, in Ibadan.  

Alhaji Sulaimon Olajokun, a Lagos-based businessman and one of the 'financiers' of the group, Oranmiyan was murdered on his way to Lagos from Ile-Ife Osun State, in a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) on May 15, 2005. He was a chieftain of the Alliance for Democracy (AD).  

On December 23, 2001, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Chief Bola Ige, was killed inside his bedroom at Ibadan, Oyo State. The police declared one Olugbenga Adebayo, ( a.k.a. Fryo) wanted in connection with the murder. The trial of suspects took many twists and turns; several judges resigned from the case, and Ige's wife died after one of the futile hearings to trace the killers. The Oyo government withdrew the case from the court in 2004.  

Mrs. Emily Omope (a.k.a . Thatcher), an AD member, died on March 3, 2003 at the UCH Ibadan after an acid attack in December last year by unknown persons.  

Unknown assailants in Lagos killed Dele Arojo a PDP gubernatorial aspirant on November 25, 2002.  

On December 19, 2001, Mr. Odunayo Olagbaju, a member of the Osun State House of Assembly, was killed in front of the Moore police station, Ile-Ife, Osun State.  

Ahmed Sardauna, chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara State also fell to the assassin’s bullet in 2003

Can anybody show me the list of political assasinations that have taken place in Anambra state despite all the brouhaha.

Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 11:44am On Sep 28, 2009
You dont get the point at all. It is not about who did the actual killing but who CONTRACTED the killing.

"It is fellow contestants that did the contracting of the assasination. Who ever executed it is inconsequential.  Anambra politicians fight dirty  but not enough to kill their opponents to stop them from winning. It has never happened before, "

There use to be a joke that when u go to marina around Obalande area, there are people who actually peddle this dark act of assassin by saying things like “ Oga u get enemy “ if that were the case, there is a huge tendency that a minor misdemeanour between colleagues could lead to extreme action without thinking it through, that is what Lagos has to offer to potential Politicians which I assume is absent in Anambra State or other states in Nigeria. If this same unenviable social malice where to repeat itself in Anambra state as in Lagos state,  Assasination would be 10 a penny in Anambra State.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 11:57am On Sep 28, 2009
KnowAll:

There use to be a joke that when u go to marina around Obalande area, there are people who actually peddle this dark act of assassin by saying things like “ Oga u get enemy “ if that were the case, there is a huge tendency that a minor misdemeanour between colleagues could lead to extreme action without thinking it through, that is what Lagos has to offer to potential Politicians which I assume is absent in Anambra State or other states in Nigeria. If this same unenviable social malice where to be common in Anambra state as in Lagos state,  Assasination would be 10 a penny in Anambra State.

Are you now saying that Anambra politicians do not know where to get assasins to do their Job? How lame.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by herniec(f): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2009
Na today people don dey make mouth. Small time our politicians go start to promise us sey dem go carry us go heaven.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
"Are you now saying that Anambra politicians do not know where to get assasins to do their Job? How lame.  "

1.  Anambra Politicians would have to hire a seasoned hired assassin to carryout the evil work. They can only get such men from lagos. The reason why there is so much high profile killngs in other parts of the SW is because the SW states of Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, and Osun is easily assessable to lagos, in fact to all intent and purposes it is more or less a suburb of the Lagos Metropolitan area. A man lives Lagos early in the morning does a job and he is back in lagos by lunch time.

2. The Logistics of hiring an assassin from about 400 miles to Anambra would be a logistics nightmare for any would be hirer, where does he put up this wild, nefarious and uncontrollable human, does the contractor put him in his house, what of if he comes back and start blackmailing the hirer.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by slimes(m): 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
empty promises!. I smell corruption.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by AfroCynic: 12:35pm On Sep 28, 2009
KnowAll:

"Are you now saying that Anambra politicians do not know where to get assasins to do their Job? How lame.  "

1.  Anambra Politicians would have to hire a seasoned hired assassin to carryout the evil work. They can only get such men from  lagos. The reason why there is so much high profile killngs in other parts of the SW is because the SW states of Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, and Osun is easily assessable to lagos, in fact to all intent and purposes it is more or less a suburb of the Lagos Metropolitan area. A man lives Lagos early in the morning does a job and he is back in lagos by lunch time.

2. The Logistics of hiring an assassin from about 400 miles to Anambra would be a logistics nightmare for any would be hirer, where does he put up this wild, nefarious and uncontrollable human, does the contractor put him in his house, what of if he comes back and start blackmailing the hirer.

Laughter wan kill me die o grin grin grin . Are you trying to say that there are no contract killers in Anambra? I doubt this is true, maybe the politicians in the state are not interested in taking a fellow human's life for the sake of power?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by IGWEUSA(m): 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
AfroCynic:

Laughter wan kill me die o grin grin grin . Are you trying to say that there are no contract killers in Anambra? I doubt this is true, maybe the politicians in the state are not interested in taking a fellow human's life for the sake of power?
The above is the simple truth. Infact, Anambra politics is all about monetary power and connection.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by bibiking1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ Igwe USA
you obviously have stayed in the US so long you have forgotten how dirty and deadly Nigerian politics is,
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by banom(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2009
AfroCynic:

Laughter wan kill me die o grin grin grin . Are you trying to say that there are no contract killers in Anambra? I doubt this is true, m[b]aybe the politicians in the state are not interested in taking a fellow human's life for the sake of power?[/b]

Normaly an average Anambrarian believe more in using money and connections to have his way that brutes and weopons, we believe that Ego ji olu,
may be you have not noticed that an average Anambrarian is deeply religious and emotioanal.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by AfroCynic: 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2009
banom:

Normaly an average Anambrarian believe more in using money and connections to have his way that brutes and weopons, we believe that Ego ji olu,
may be you have not noticed that an average Anambrarian is deeply religious and emotioanal.

Oga, abegi, religion has zilch to do with it, all that shouting Jesus is just eye service, if they were really religious, they would not steal money wey dem suppose use for de betterment of Anambra as a whole, so jus commot your eye from dat religion side. All I know is that Anambra politics is dirty but no more so than it is in other states.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2009
I believe the intent to take another man’s life is based on several factors, :-

1. One would have to ask himself or herself, If u don’t win this election is that the end of the world, most of the candidates for the Anambra Gubernatorial election are already successful businessmen, the idea of taking a human life would not be part of their agenda. They can always fall back to their businesses.

2. The availability of those peddling this dastardly act called assassination which as we all know are 10 a penny in Lagos.

3. Attention should be drawn to the fact that it is not that Anambra State has not got its own fair share of villains who can carry out assassinations but people for their own self cautiousness would not want to hire a local hoodlum who will one day spill the beans or result to blackmail tactics.

4. The individuals involved do they have the fear of God in them, I will never take another man’s life for election favours and so does so many people I know. I personally think it is despicable and a cowardly act.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2009
KnowAll:

1. One would have to ask himself or herself, If u don’t win this election is that the end of the world, most of the candidates for the Anambra Gubernatorial election are already successful businessmen, the idea of taking a human life would not be part of their agenda. They can always fall back to their businesses.

2. The availability of those peddling this dastardly act called assassination which as we all know are 10 a penny in Lagos.

3. Attention should be drawn to the fact that it is not that Anambra State has not got its own fair share of villains who can carry out assassinations but people for their own self cautiousness would not want to hire a local hoodlum who will one day spill the beans or result to blackmail tactics.

4. The individuals involved do they have the fear of God in them, I will never take another man’s life for election favours and so does so many people I know. I personally think it is despicable and a cowardly act.

You are now sounding very childish. So you now believe that killers from Anambra are 'local' killers grin

Ol boy listen to yourself.

Assuming Anambra is free from 'professional assasins',  tell me what is difficult about paying some people to come down to Anambra, give them guns and show them who to kill. is that what you call logistics!

Just take it or leave it, politics in anambra might be dangerous but it is not do or die. It could do or HURT. I repeat no one has been mudered for elective position in Anambra before. Anambra is not into that. And that does not mean we dont have people that do other kind of bad things.

Look for something else to say, if dont have anyother thing to say, stick to the topic.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Nezan(m): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2009
hmmm, the guy has been in politics for long, didnt you see the way he politicised the financial sector? wink
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2009
You are now sounding very childish. So you now believe that killers from Anambra are 'local' killers  

Local in the context of my write up does not mean unprofessional but local to the enviroment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market / Photography Business In Nigeria / Prices Of Food Items Soar In Lagos Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.