Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo (17726 Views)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / Soludo Versus Sanusi? Who Is The Better Reformer? / "You Can't Ban Spraying, It's Our Culture" - KSA To Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2009
Back to Topic

Anambrians that is your man make it happen, Nigeria needs more states in opposition hands.

After reading Ngige’s assertion and his comparable analysis of his tenure of 33 months against Obi’s 33 month tenure, I can deduce from that write up that Ngige is a man that knows his onions, he soul purpose for contesting the gubernatorial election is to actively seek genuine development to all Ananmbrian indigenes, this is a feat he as provingly achieved within the short spate of time spent at the helms of affairs.

Soludo on the other hand is a man that is fast drowning and needs to grasp at any visible obstacle in other to resuscitate an already dying career as a public officer, trust which is seen as paramount in any public servant’s resume seems to be wanting to a man like Soludo.

In his desperation for another shot at a public office he has resulted to ambiguous statement(I will transform Anambra State into Dubai ) and in coherent promises Anambrains should not be hoodwinked by this desperate tactics of dying political giant but should judge an already tried and tested public servant in no other person than Ngige without mincing a vote or having a second thought.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2009
KnowAll:

You are now sounding very childish. So you now believe that killers from Anambra are 'local' killers

Local in the context of my write up does not mean unprofessional but local to the enviroment.

Like I said, stick to the topic. You are not improving on your logic which is just a futile attempt to tell us that political assassination is not WEST thing.

The thing here is that I am not saying it is west thing so quit feeling guilty and beating about the bush.
However, also, I am saying it is not anambra thing even though people do have the perception that Anambra politics is bloody.

Even during elections we have had in Anambra, no one has been killed in an election violence. 2003 elections was rigged but it wasnt rigged violently. Same goes with other elections.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
KnowAll:

Back to Topic

Anambrians that is your man make it happen, Nigeria needs more states in opposition hands.

After reading Ngige’s assertion and his comparable analysis of his tenure of 33 months against Obi’s 33 month tenure, I can deduce from that write up that Ngige is a man that knows his onions, he soul purpose for contesting the gubernatorial election is to actively seek genuine development to all Ananmbrian indigenes, this is a feat he as provingly achieved within the short spate of time spent at the helms of affairs.

Soludo on the other hand is a man that is fast drowning and needs to grasp at any visible obstacle in other to resuscitate an already dying career as a public officer, trust which is seen as paramount in any public servant’s resume seems to be wanting to a man like Soludo.

In his desperation for another shot at a public office he has resulted to ambiguous statement(I will transform Anambra State into Dubai ) and in coherent promises Anambrains should not be hoodwinked by this desperate tactics of dying political giant but should judge an already tried and tested public servant in no other person than Ngige without mincing a vote or having a second thought./quote]
Did you write that?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2009
Like I said, stick to the topic. You are not improving on your logic which is just a futile attempt to tell us that political assassination is not WEST thing

Mr Man if u want us to go back to this political assassin thing then be my guest,

Political Assassin is common in the west because there are people in lagos who would actually beg u to name your enemy so that they can liquidate that person in favour of them getting a meal. The underlined anology is not prevalent in Anambra state hence the absence of such dastardly act in Anambra state.

On one of my numerous holiday in Nigeria, I can remember going to Lekki Beach one hot afternoon, around 12 noon. There on the beach where young men between the ages of 18 to 25 sitting down doing nothing but smoking Igbo. I said to myself how can this nation ever develop when her youths are wasting away in their prime productive lives.

These young men if I were to give them a few thousand Naira, they will take down anything even the Governor of the state if care is not taking. To compare the hoards of un-employed youths in Lagos with your little village state is a misnomer to say the least. I hope u get the picture.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2009
Nezan:

hmmm, the guy has been in politics for long, didnt you see the way he politicised the financial sector? wink

lol
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Utaroz(m): 2:18pm On Sep 28, 2009
Wow, the guy is already up to speed in political jigoes! Well, it's okay to dream realistically, without risking a direct insult to people's intellect. Dubai was not built by a genie from some lamp. I'd advise Charlie to tone down the rhetorics and attempt an approach with a style alien to Nigerian politics - TRUTH.

The more he echoes utopian promises, the less convincing he sounds. I do believe he has the political will to impact positively in the fortunes of the belaguered state.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by nethacker(m): 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2009
(ja my country,anything can happen:say what? grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2009
Back to Topic

In his desperation for another shot at a public office he has resulted to ambiguous statement(I will transform Anambra State into Dubai ) and in coherent promises Anambrains should not be hoodwinked by this desperate tactics of dying political giant but should judge an already tried and tested public servant in no other person than Ngige without mincing a vote or having a second thought./quote]

Did you write that?

WHY DID you ask did I write that, u just make sure Soludo and PDP does not grasp a foothold in your state as I can see u are on the ground.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by monopolist: 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2009
Give Soludo 8 straight years and Anambra will be transformed
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by nethacker(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
monopolist:

Give Soludo 8 straight years and Anambra will be transformed
yes !!! thats true . grin but with funds frm CBN's treasury grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2009
KnowAll:

WHY DID you ask did I write that, u just make sure Soludo and PDP does not grasp a foothold in your state as I can see u are on the ground.

I cannot comprehend what you are trying to write but I can only guess.

Like I have repeatedly mentioned on this thread and elsewhere, Soludo is my second best candidate in the upcoming elections. If Ngige could not take the seat and he does, dissapointed though I may be, but, I will not be devastated. Soludo is still a good choice.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 4:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
Anambra: PDP warns Soludo, Okonkwo, others
Headlines
Sep 28, 2009

By Vincent Ujumadu
AWKA — As the PDP begins the process of electing its gubernatorial candidate from a list of forty-seven aspirants which includes the former Governor of the Central Bank, Prof Chukwuma Soludo, Senators Annie Okonkwo, Ikechukwu Obiora, Emma Anosike and Prof Ilochi Okafor, among others, the 5-member panel led by Governor Gabriel Suswam, has warned that the party would not hesitate to disqualify any aspirant associated with any form of malpractice and violence.

Suswam also said that contrary to popular belief, the party has no anointed candidate for the election.
Addressing newsmen in Awka, the Governor insisted that the committee was committed to organising a free and fair congress.

According to him, all the members were carefully selected such that there is no member from the entire South-East for obvious reasons, adding that they were determined to do a thorough job that would be satisfactory to all.

Prof Chukwuma Soludo

“I have come here today (yesterday) to address you on my mission to Anambra State which is to oversee the conduct of the fairest possible ward congresses for the election of delegates to the state congress at which our great party’s flag-bearer in the next year’s contest for the Governor’s mansion in Awka will emerge.

“As in most of Nigeria, the Peoples Democratic Party has been the single most important player in the politics of Anambra State since the inception of the present political dispensation in 1998.

“It is clear to the national leadership of the PDP that the electoral setbacks we have suffered in this richly endowed state with wonderful people have been mostly a consequence of the avoidable, unnecessary and sometimes pointless infighting within our ranks rather than the greater acceptability of our opponents to its knowledgeable and discerning voters.

“We have resolved therefore to seize the fresh opportunity of next year’s governorship elections to make proper amends by putting our house in order here in Anambra; re-entrenching the much-needed cohesion and unity of purpose within our ranks that will re-create the Anambra PDP as the most credible political platform which our great party has become in much of Nigeria

“The critical starting point for the accomplishment of this mission is the conduct, on a level-playing field, of the freest and fairest possible congresses that will guarantee the emergence of the candidate most acceptable to the electorate, as well as the rank and file of our party, to carry our banner into the contest with other parties for the governorship of Anambra on February 6, 2010.

“The leader of our party, President Umaru Yar’Adua and the entire National Executive Committee of the PDP have given my colleagues and I the enormous responsibility of conducting the most credible and transparently fair congresses that will produce a candidate behind whom the entire membership of the Anambra PDP can unite and ride to victory next year.

“We are wholly committed to carrying out this assignment successfully.

“We are well aware that given the turbulent history of politics in Anambra in recent years and the PDP’s unfortunate role in that history, all eyes will be on us tomorrow (today) as we begin the process of choosing our gubernatorial flag-bearer but we are determined to show cynics and critics that we have learnt the right lessons from past mistakes.

“Over forty candidates have indicated interest and have been cleared to participate in the primaries. We shall count on their understanding, cooperation and good conduct as loyal party members to ensure peaceful primaries that will be free of rancour, acrimony and bitterness.
No anointed candidate

“I will like to reassure them all from the onset that there is no truth whatsoever in reports that President Yar’Adua and the national leadership have any preferred or ‘anointed’ candidate amongst the contestants.

Anybody who parades himself/herself as such or whose supporters tout him or her as ‘anointed’ is only deceiving him or her.

“The sole interest of the national leadership of the PDP is to ensure the emergence, after a credible democratic process, of a well-qualified candidate who can heal the wounds inflicted in the course of the regrettable in-fighting within the ranks of the party in past years, unite the existing factions under one purposeful umbrella and lead us to victory next year.

“While we have to contend with an unusually large field of contestants, we welcome this as an indication of the vibrancy and dynamism of our great party, and an eloquent testimony to the popularity of our platform as a vehicle for elective political offices in Anambra and other states of the Federation.
PDP warns aspirants

“At this point, let me sound a note of warning to all those who believe in the politics of rigging and violence that our party will not hesitate to disqualify any candidate who is associated with any form of malpractices and violence.

“It should be clear to all that out of such large field of contestants, only one can possibly emerge as our flag-bearer in next year’s elections. On our part, we will conduct the freest and fairest possible congresses without favouring any candidate.

“In return, we expect all the contestants and members of the PDP in Anambra to behave like good democrats and loyal party members by accepting the results and uniting behind whosoever finally emerges as the winner to ensure our party’s victory in next year’s elections,” Suswam said.

As at last night, PDP members were still purchasing forms to enable them contest for the three slots for each ward.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/28/anambra-pdp-warns-soludo-okonkwo-others/
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2009
Anambra 2010: Ojukwu vows to battle Iwu over APGA ticket
National News
Sep 28, 2009

By Tony Edike
ENUGU—LEADER of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, vowed yesterday that the party would engage the Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Maurice Iwu in a fierce battle if he continues to disobey court orders recognising Chief Victor Umeh as authentic National Chairman of APGA.

Ojukwu, who was reacting to INEC’s decision to deliver materials for nomination of APGA’s governorship candidate for Anambra state for the forth coming election to Chekwas Okorie faction, described the commission’s action as unacceptable, mischievous and violation of the rule of law, saying unless the decision was urgently reversed, it could lead to anarchy.

The former Biafran leader told reporters in Enugu, that Iwu’s penchant for disobeying court orders portends great danger for the nation’s democracy, saying it was wrong for INEC to deliver the governorship forms to Okorie after the court had upheld his expulsion from the party and accorded Umeh due recognition as the party’s authentic national chairman.

“Iwu should know that when the sun fails to rise, there would be total darkness in the land. My position has always been the same and I can’t change it in as much as I know that it is in accordance with the relevant provision of the law.

And that position is that Umeh remains the national chairman of APGA. I follow the party of legality. What we have found before us is straight-forward. We as a people have decided the path we want to follow and we can not fold our arms and watch somebody in the person of Iwu todecide otherwise for us.

Iwu should respect our position because if he doesn’t do that, I don’t want to give out threats, but am sure they know what would happen,” the Ikemba Nnewi said.

Ojukwu, who was the presidential candidate of APGA in the 2007 election, said APGA had always obeyed court orders and as such would not find it funny whenever orders of the court are grossly violated by those that ought to know its consequences, stressing that he would direct his followers on what to do to Iwu and INEC at the appropriate time if “Iwu continues to thread the path of dishonor.”

Expressing confidence that APGA would be returned for a second term in the February 6 governorship election in Anambra state, he said though there were strong external forces trying to discredit the party, the people of the state are satisfied with the performance of the APGA led government of Peter Obi.

INEC had last Friday handed over the governorship forms for Anambra state to the Okorie’s faction of APGA.

Umeh, while reacting to the development, said he would not join issues with Okorie but would return to the court to obtain justice, as the INEC’s action was totally against the spirit and letters of rule of law mantra of the present administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/28/anambra-2010-ojukwu-vows-to-battle-iwu-over-apga-ticket/
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
Anambra: Iwu is Asking For Anarchy, Says Ojukwu.

All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) Leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu, has said the recognition accorded Chief Chekwas Okorie as the party’s National Chairman by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Chairman Maurice Iwu is unacceptable.
Ojukwu said Iwu’s action was an affront on the rule of law and an indirect invitation to anarchy.
INEC had last Friday handed over the forms for the February 6, 2010 governorship election in Anambra State to the Okorie-led faction of APGA, a move that led to a free-for-all between the National Secretary of Chief Victor Umeh’s faction of the party and Okorie himself at the Abuja headquarters of INEC.
Speaking with newsmen on the issue yesterday in Enugu, Ojukwu said Iwu’s penchant for disregarding court orders portended great danger for the nation’s democracy.
He said it was wrong for INEC to recognise Okorie when the courts had accorded the status of APGA chairman to Umeh.
“Iwu should know that when the sun fails to rise, there would be total darkness in the land. My position has always been the same and I can’t change it inasmuch as I know that it is in accordance with the relevant provision of the law. And that position is that Umeh remains the National chairman of APGA,” Ojukwu said while expressing optimism that once the right thing was done, his party would win the February 6 governorship election in Anambra state.
He said: “I follow the path of legality. What we have found before us is straight-forward. We as a people have decided the path we want to follow and we cannot fold our arms and watch somebody in the mould of Iwu to come and decide otherwise for us. Iwu should respect our position because if he doesn’t do that, I don’t want to give out threats, but I’m sure they know what would happen.”
Ojukwu, the presidential candidate of APGA in the 2007 presidential poll, noted that his party had always obeyed court orders and as such would not find it funny whenever a court order is grossly violated by those that ought to abide by the rule of law.
He said he would direct his followers on what to do to Iwu and INEC at the appropriate time if the INEC chairman “continued to thread the path of dishonour”.
While accusing some outside forces of working tirelessly to discredit and de-list APGA from the next year’s gubernatorial election in Anambra, Ojukwu aligned himself with the position of Umeh that the party would return to court to further bring to its knowledge the gross violation and flagrant disregard of its orders by Iwu’s INEC.
Umeh in a reaction to the development stated that it would not join issues with Okorie but would head for court.
He said it was totally against the spirit and letters of the rule of law for INEC to present forms to Okorie whom he said had long been expelled from the party and his recently held convention described by the court as a mere domestic activity.
Umeh has threatened court action over the development while Okorie said his faction of the party was going ahead with arrangements for the governorship primaries.
A governorship aspirant of APGA, Mr. Mike Okoye, has, however, said his choice of the party is not based only on the conviction that it is only the platform that he can use to achieve his governorship ambition.
After collecting his nomination form, Okoye insisted that APGA was popular among the Igbo and that he was willing to bring all members together for a common purpose.
He said within the time available before the election, a lot could still be done to ensure a resounding victory for APGA.
Meanwhile, all is now set for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ward congress election holding in the state today.
Party members in the state are expected to elect three delegates from each of the 236 wards preparatory to the October 2 state congress election where the governorship candidate of the party will be picked.
THISDAY gathered from the office of PDP National Organising Secretary that the delegates’ election will take place simultaneously in all the 236 wards.
An aspiring delegate is expected to pay a nomination fee of N10, 000 and attach his or her photograph on the form to participate in the election.
A total of 708 delegates are expected to be picked but over 4,000 aspiring delegates had at press time paid that mandatory N10, 000 to contest the election commencing from 8 am.
Almost all the 47 governorship aspirants cleared to contest the election are said to be sponsoring most of the delegates.
Senators and members of the House of Representatives and state assembly members that belong to PDP are automatic delegates at the congress.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=155661
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
As PDP rolls out guidelines, Soludo kicks off campaign
Written by Tashikalmah Hallah, Muideen Olaniyi & Turaki A. Hassan

Peoples Democratic Party chieftain Chief Tony Anenih (left) and former Central Bank of Nigeria Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo at a reception organised for Soludo in Abuja last night.
T
hree big guns of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] presided over a bash at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja last night to launch former Central Bank of Nigeria [CBN] governor Professor Charles Chukwuma Soludo’s bid for the governorship of Anambra State. Incumbent governor Peter Obi’s tenure ends in March, and the Independent National Electoral Commission [INEC] has already fixed February 6, next year for the gubernatorial election.

Last night’s event at Transcorp Hilton’s Lagos Hall was supposedly organized to congratulate Soludo for the “successful completion of his tenure” as CBN governor. The invitation was jointly issued by Second Republic Vice President Dr. Alex Ekwueme, party strongman Chief Tony Anenih, and the powerful Katsina businessman Alhaji Dahiru Barau Mangal, who is President Umaru Yar’adua’s political right-hand man.

Present at the dinner were former PDP national chairman Chief Solomon Lar, Attorney General and Minister of Justice Michael Aondoaaka, former Deputy Senate President Ibrahim Mantu, Minister of Education Dr. Sam Egwu, chairman of the Police Service Commission Ambassador Sam Okeke, Senator Jonathan Zwingina, Senator Mike Ajaegbo and Senator Ben Charles Obi. Many other party heavyweights were still trooping in when our reporters left the scene.

Authoritative sources told Daily Trust yesterday that Soludo’s choice to lead PDP’s crisis-ridden Anambra State into the impending elections was made by the party bosses several weeks ago, apparently with President Umaru Yar’adua’s encouragement and blessing. The party leaders had frowned at both the number and quality of the 70 aspirants who indicated an interest to seek the seat. They said Soludo stands head and shoulders above the other aspirants in terms of intellectual and technocratic stature.

However, a senior official also told Daily Trust yesterday that the decision to promote Soludo was made before the recent explosion in the banking sector, with the sacking of five high-profile Managing Directors of some of the country’s largest banks. The unfolding scandal about near-bankruptcies, insider deals, huge non-performing loans and fronts has already cast a cloud on Soludo’s high-energy tenure as CBN governor. Even though his name has not yet been linked to any of the unfolding scandals in the banking sector, more dirt is still oozing out from the special CBN audits and the EFCC investigations.

Besides banking scandals, Soludo’s candidacy is still expected to face powerful opposition from other aspirants, primarily Chief Andy Ubah, who ruled the state for a few days in 2007 before the Supreme Court ruled that Peter Obi’s tenure had not ended.

Hours before yesterday’s bash, the PDP’s National Working Committee rolled out the guidelines for the party’s gubernatorial primaries in Anambra State. Party National Organising Secretary Prince Uche Secondus, who announced the guidelines at the party’s National Secretariat, said nomination forms for the Anambra State gubernatorial election would be sold for N5 million. Secondus was flanked at the briefing by PDP National Publicity Secretary Prof. Rufai Ahmed Alkali and National Auditor Dr Samuel Ortom.

He said nominations forms for female aspirants would be free of charge while forms for the Expression of interest would go for N250, 000. PDP’s governorship candidate for the state would emerge by October 4, 2009, he said.

According to the guidelines, ward congress, where three adhoc delegates would be elected, would hold on September 28 while a special state congress that would produce the candidate would take place on October 2. The sale of nomination forms would end on September 14, and aspirants were told to obtain and submit the forms at the party’s National Secretariat.

Secondus also said various committees for the successful conduct of the primary would be announced later, and that the display of the result of screening exercise which would be held on September 14 and 15 would be ready on September 16. He said the time-table was drawn up taking cognizance of the provisions of the Electoral Act and the party Constitution.

Asked to state who is eligible to obtain the forms, the National Organizing Secretary said all members of the party in Anambra State who are willing to run for the governorship seat can obtain the forms as long as they meet the PDP Constitutional requirements.

Secondus who refused to comment on whether the former CBN Governor Chukwuma Soludo was a member of the party. He however said he believes every aspirant must have acquainted himself or herself with guidelines and the party Constitution.

Dr Ortom however answered the question on Soludo’s eligibility when he said, “The party Constitution provides for waiver. Even those who join the party today have the opportunity to apply for waiver, but it has to be ratified by the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party. The doors are open to everyone.”

Alkali had earlier said that “the National Working Committee (NWC) has not adopted any candidate because it is inconsistent with the Constitution of the party. We believe everybody should have a fair chance.” He also said Anambra would be a test case for the PDP and that a level playing field would be provided for all aspirants.

On the case instituted by PDP governorship candidate in the April 2007 election Chief Andy Uba, Alkali said the party would not comment on any issue that is still pending in court. He however said Mrs. Uchenna Emordi remains the PDP Chairman in Anambra State.

Alkali then urged other political parties to also put their houses in order and start campaigning, instead of waiting until the election day to cry foul.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5948:as-pdp-rolls-out-guidelinessoludo-kicks-off-campaign&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2009
How Yar'Adua, Ekwueme, Anenih Endorsed Soludo
By Sunny Igboanugo (Lagos), Emmanuel Nzomiwu (Enugu),and Chukwujekwu Ilozu(Onitsha)

It is becoming clear that former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Chukwuma Soludo, is not the only one with the desire that he should become Anambra State Governor next year.

Daily Independent learnt at the weekend that after he left the CBN in May, he was stopped from taking up a teaching job at Oxford University in the United Kingdom so as to help redeem the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.

The architects of the deal are said to include President Umaru Yar'Adua, former Vice President, Alex Ekwueme, and former PDP Board of Trustees (BoT) Chairman, Tony Anenih - all of who decided to do something to re-establish the party in Anambra, which it won in 1999.

Anenih commissioned a study before leaving office and discovered that the party must break away from the past by rooting for a candidate without a blemish who could win elections.

The lot originally fell on former Governor Chris Ngige, who was popular because of his achievements and also because of the successful war he waged against the godfathers in the PDP.

But the attempt to get Ngige back to power failed, according to the source.

Said he: "When the Anenih study was sent to (Ekwueme), founding BoT Chairman, he quickly reached for (Yar'Adua) and other power brokers who asked him to suggest a credible, knowledgeable, non-controversial and well known person.'

"Ekwueme asked the party to lobby Ngige to return to the PDP. But the man gave conditions which the PDP considered very difficult. The conditions included that he be given an automatic nomination."

Ekwueme then began consultations and thereafter settled for Soludo, who had by then decided to teach at Oxford University and the Brookings Institution, a famous think tank in Washington, United States, currently headed by Strobe Talbot.

Talbot was former President Bill Clinton's Deputy Secretary of State, who later served as an Editorial Executive at Time magazine.

This was said to have informed the role the personalities played at a highly publicised party organised for Soludo last month ostensibly to mark his tenure at the CBN. There, Ekwueme, Anenih, Yar'Adua's close friend, C. Mangali, spoke of Soludo's brilliance and accomplishments.

Anenih informed the gathering that he would not mind changing his name to make him eligible to participate in Soludo's emergence as Anambra Governor.

"My name is Anenih from Edo State, but I am prepared to become Anene from Anambra State because of Soludo," declared the former Works and Housing Minister, known as "Mr Fix It" or "Leader" because of his uncanny ways of achieving results.

However, despite reports of the endorsement of the party leadership, Soludo is said to be working towards winning the primaries on his own merit.

"When he officially declared his intention to run last Wednesday in Awka, a crowd of about 80, 000 enthusiastic supporters from all the 326 wards in the state cheered him for several hours.

"Some people thought it was a Presidential campaign rally. He promised in his manifesto to make the state the "Dubai of Africa" if elected Governor," the source recounted.

PDP Anambra Congress Committee Chairman, Gabriel Suswam, who is Benue State Governor, affirmed in Awka on Sunday that a level playing field will be provided for all aspirants, without preference for anyone, including Soludo.

However, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) said even with that, his party would win the ballot on February 6, 2011.

Ojukwu, accompanied by APGA National Chairman, Victor Umeh, explained to journalists in Enugu that the party would win because of its followership in Anambra, "provided we are working along the right course. If we are going to cheat, anything can happen."

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/tfpg/article02
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by mantote: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
THE SOLUDO I KNOW IS A MAN THAT IS NOT HONEST;A MAN THAT TOLD NIGERIANS THAT OUR BANKS WERE STRONG.I PITY THAT STATE.
ANAMBRA WILL BECOME ANOTHER HAITI
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by mantote: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2009
the soludo i knw will destroy anambra and turn it to haiti
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by themano: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
It beats me hollow hearing Soludo come up with this type of campaign. Haba. The man doesnt even have the statistics of the abyss that Anambra state has been in for long. I came across the structure plan of Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka , (abeg download and read)

www.unchs.org/pmss/getElectronicVersion.asp?nr=2685&alt=1

developed by UN Habitat for Peter Obi and after going through it (150pages), meen i doff my hat for Peter Obi's courage and foresight. Its easier said than done. Duba in 4years, is it beans. Soludo CANNOT achieve what Peter Obi has done, without anambra state not turning into a war zone because, he has to conserve and manage funds to do the projects, and there will not be enough for the PDP boys to chop and things will start happening. Peter Obi is the man for this seat.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
themano:

It beats me hollow hearing Soludo come up with this type of campaign. Haba. The man doesnt even have the statistics of the abyss that Anambra state has been in for long. I came across the structure plan of Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka , (abeg download and read)

www.unchs.org/pmss/getElectronicVersion.asp?nr=2685&alt=1

developed by UN Habitat for Peter Obi and after going through it (150pages), meen i doff my hat for Peter Obi's courage and foresight. Its easier said than done. Duba in 4years, is it beans. Soludo CANNOT achieve what Peter Obi has done, without anambra state not turning into a war zone because, he has to conserve and manage funds to do the projects, and there will not be enough for the PDP boys to chop and things will start happening. Peter Obi is the man for this seat.

He doesnt have the statistics abi? na you get the statistics.
Peter Obi you read about in the papers and watch on your TV is different from the one that is the governor of anambra state. He is a failure. He will be graded alongside Mbadinuju in terms of failure. You have to be here to see it.

mantote:

THE SOLUDO I KNOW IS A MAN THAT IS NOT HONEST;A MAN THAT TOLD NIGERIANS THAT OUR BANKS WERE STRONG.I PITY THAT STATE.
ANAMBRA WILL BECOME ANOTHER HAITI

If he doesnt, people like you will help him achieve that but that is if he wins.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by themano: 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2009
biggjoe:

He doesnt have the statistics abi? na you get the statistics.
Peter Obi you read about in the papers and watch on your TV is different from the one that is the governor of anambra state. He is a failure. He will be graded alongside Mbadinuju in terms of failure. You have to be here to see it.

If he doesnt, people like you will help him achieve that but that is if he wins.

Bigjoe, I live in GRA Onitsha. I have been living in Anambra State since 1987. So i know the place well well. To tell me that Peter Obi is a failure is simply talking trash. And to compare him to Mbadinuju is just crass nonsense. I travel around Anambra State and Nigeria , and i dont know any state that has seen the level of overall infrastructural development (not only state capital development)in the last 3 years like Anambra state. What i see in most instances is that state capitals are beautified with flowers and street lights in the major roads and every other thing is just crap. Anambra state right now is about the few states that you can move from one village to another with the roads tarred. I know ALL the roads Ngige did and i know most Peter Obi did and currently doing. I jug at the Onitsha North Stadium every weekend thanks to Peter Obi's New stadium complete with tartan tracks.
Download and read the masterplan in the url i gave. Its full of statistics. Oh yes i have the statistics, and they were not manufactured by just anybody. The documents were done by Professors and Experts from UN Habitat. Read it my friend before making any myopic comments. You think Lagos and Abuja didnt have some form of Master plans?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2009
I have always said it, for Nigeria to have any semblance of development there must be a master plan of all 774 LG HQs, it dosent matter if it takes 200 years to acheive the overall plan, but each HQ must have a master plan that the executive arm of goverment would follow and adhere to. You cannot just be building roads and buildings wheely- neely without a plan what will emerge would be the chaos we have today.

At times I still wonder how these so called developed country can get it so right even to their villages. It is called Long term planning.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by asha80(m): 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2009
themano:

Bigjoe, I live in GRA Onitsha. I have been living in Anambra State since 1987. So i know the place well well. To tell me that Peter Obi is a failure is simply talking trash. And to compare him to Mbadinuju is just crass nonsense. I travel around Anambra State and Nigeria , and i dont know any state that has seen the level of overall infrastructural development (not only state capital development)in the last 3 years like Anambra state. What i see in most instances is that state capitals are beautified with flowers and street lights in the major roads and every other thing is just crap. Anambra state right now is about the few states that you can move from one village to another with the roads tarred. I know ALL the roads Ngige did and i know most Peter Obi did and currently doing. I jug at the Onitsha North Stadium every weekend thanks to Peter Obi's New stadium complete with tartan tracks.
Download and read the masterplan in the url i gave. Its full of statistics. Oh yes i have the statistics, and they were not manufactured by just anybody. The documents were done by Professors and Experts from UN Habitat. Read it my friend before making any myopic comments. You think Lagos and Abuja didnt have some form of Master plans?

I often ask apart from building roads what else where Ngige's achievements?

KnowAll:

I have always said it, for Nigeria to have any semblance of development there must be a master plan of all 774 LG HQs, it dosent matter if it takes 200 years to acheive the overall plan, but each HQ must have a master plan that the executive arm of goverment would follow and adhere to. You cannot just be building roads and buildings wheely- neely without a plan what will emerge would be the chaos we have today.

At times I still wonder how these so called developed country can get it so right even to their villages. It is called Long term planning.

Exactly.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by ufot(m): 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2009
@UDEZUE
Onlytruth,
Na power supply be our main problem. Once that is taken care off I see no reason why we cant move forward.

This na true talk my brother!!!![color=#990000][/color]
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2009
PDP denies Yar’adua’s role in Anambra politics
Latest news
Written by Muideen Olaniyi
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday denied media reports which said President Umaru Yar’ádua has asked the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) to steer clear of Anambra politics.

A Nigerian newspaper reported Saturday that President Yar’adua had directed the Prince Vincent Ogbulafor-led NWC to distance itself from the conduct of the gubernatorial primaries in Anambra State.

PDP National Publicity Secretary Prof. Rufai Ahmed Alkali described the report as false, adding that the president did not at any time give such a directive.

Alkali said President Yar’adua was a principled leader who believed in the concept of separation of powers and the rule of law, pointing out that he did not interfere in the day-to-day running of the party.

He said the NWC was in full charge of the nomination process in Anambra State, citing the recent release of guidelines and the constitution of several committees.

“We do not see how anybody, least of all President Yar’adua would deny the NWC its constitutional responsibility under any guise. Besides, the PDP constitution empowers the National Chairman and the National Secretary to present the candidates of the party to INEC for any election. Their signature is the only way to authenticate candidates of the party.

“President Yar’adua from the onset has been a pillar of support to the NWC and has in words and deeds encouraged the strengthening of all party organs in order to deepen the democratic process,” he added.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6123:pdp-denies-yaraduas-role-in-anambra-politics-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=119
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2009
Anambra has all it takes to be the Dubai of Nigeria, so with good leadership, i am sure it is possible, however, can Soludo deliver on such promises? i doubt it.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2009
themano:

This thread is not about Obi and his achievements if not I would have challenged you to list those overall infrastructural development Peter Obi carried out in the state apart from Onitsha. But I wont its not about Obi. Obi did some great things for Onitsha because he said he grew up there and thats why I enjoy driving better in Onitsha. Sometimes you guys need to come out of onitsha to see what is really happening. Dont bother to list Obi's success because this thread is not about that.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Affalatus: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2009
Soluekwensu killed Nike Ayilara in 2006 for fear of the Origins of the NEEDS Program being revealed.

Soluekwensu looted the nation and encouraged others (Bank CEOs) to do the same.

Soluekwensu got the Consolidation/Needs/Pension Act/ ideas for Insurance Capitalisation/ ATM/ The 25 billion naira mark up in share capital from me when i was still not sure of his personality type i knew he lacked a plan.
NEEDS was written in 1998.

STAY BLESSED IF SOLUDO THINKS I WILL HELP HIM WITH ANAMBRA HE SHOULD THINK AGAIN.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by frank317: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2009
now he thinks he can transform Anambra, hmmmmmm!
Did he give any blueprints on how he intends to turn a state to a developed, oil rich and well governed country?
Soludo the transformer!, dis guy is a joke and anybody who takes him serious is also a dumb-joke
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by McKren(m): 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2009
how smart is it to call everyone who disagrees with you a dumb-joke?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by danconsult(m): 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2009
if this man to really be want h says he is an economics. i think he can something to anambra state. he is not the one who spoilt the banking sector.
also i think we need more of intellectuals in the affairs of the state
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by funsosweet(m): 1:26am On Sep 30, 2009
No be today we dey hear that one , people can say anything to get votes and what happens aftewards? MISPLACED PRIORITY?? Governing a state is not only in finances (CBN experience may be useful in that tho) It's in optimal utilisation of finances to better the lot of people.
Soludo may help save so much money for Anambra and after HIS TWO TERMS (Abi no be two terms campaign him dey do?) one fool will just come into office and squander everything. Anambra people, the ball is in your court, make una shine una eyes. You are wise people sha, i trust una.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market / Prices Of Food Items Soar In Lagos Markets / Photography Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.